Open Windows V. Heart & Soul

My MIL is a stalker too! Not many neighbors around, but damn if she doesn't know what's going on all the time!

Actually, mine is too. I wonder if that's an old busybody thing? My SO finally wised up to her meddling this week, though :)

Yes! Great new Beccah...has he been humble enough to apologize for himself yet?

Yes! Great new Beccah...has he been humble enough to apologize for himself yet?

Heck no, now he just thinks we're both crazy....

As for H&S Vs. Treasured Hearts: I Have both in UN alcohol and I don't care for the EST in H and S. I much prefer TH. I wear it around my mom and sis. If anything it makes ME calmer, I don't know about them. I usually use about 3-5 sprays on top of my hair and clothes. Interestingly I don't notice effects on my husband. I have to watch it with EST blends with him.

Whoa! No, I don't mix them. Try G2 on it's own first. I've been using G2 since it was first formulated & I haven't ever felt the need to add anything to it, not even cops ;) It is excellent with women in general, especially in larger group situations where you might want to emerge as the leader, but in an "it girl" kind of way.

I know Exactly what you mean. It can be tricky: either you're a bossy bitch or highly opinionated. I wonder if our leadership challenges are different than men's. I think we are very attuned/analytical to the impact our leading has on those around us whereas men just sort of plow through when they lead?

As for my MIL, it's a case of mommy doesn't want to let go of her baby, and no one is good enough! She always made it clear that even though we were married, she didn't have to like it! This went on for many (like 17ish) years, when finally while my husband was home on leave from his deployment to Afghanistan, he had it out with her. He told her that I was the love of his life, and that if she couldn't be nice, he would stop coming around!

Jeez, 17 years of that shit? Well, at least he did lay down the law, which IMO is the best way. Mothers like that would never hear it from the daughter in law. It plays right into the negative opinion they have formed of her. Mine had to do this same thing only with my FIL. And it was immediate, direct, and permanent. Why do parents have to do this with their grown children? Must be some need not met in their own lives that they can't let go of their ADULT children and let them live their own lives. Maybe these are the kind of parents that are totally defined by their kids, as the problem is almost always with the mother. The dad has other things to worry about (In that generation I mean)

One of the coolest things both my parents did was that as soon as I hit around 20 and certainly when I was out of college and on my own was that never once did they tell me how to live my life. A few times there was an eyebrow raised-but no comment. I love them for that. My husband is fiercely independent and if they meddled it would have been disastrous. We're putting that into practice now with our 18 year old. (she keeps coming home with a new hole in her ear every few months ). I'm not too worried about things that can be reversed should she change her mind, but that's just a example. I can see the look of puzzlement on her face when I don't comment. So she asks, "what do you think?" and I say "If it makes you happy that's great." But if she presses, I'll gently tell her my opinion. Hell, I had 3 or 4 holes in my ears at that age too. (and striped hair-safety pins in the jacket, the full on punk crap) so what can I say?

It's a great model on how we should treat our sons eh Mrs. C? My son is of course, the sensitive one of the two kids, and my biggest concern is that he'll end up with a bossy woman since he's so easy going. But I'll have to keep my lips zipped I know.

Ok so it's 8 a.m. here and I haven't sprayed on any kind of phero and listen to me blathering on. LOL

As for H&S Vs. Treasured Hearts: I Have both in UN alcohol and I don't care for the EST in H and S. I much prefer TH. I wear it around my mom and sis. If anything it makes ME calmer, I don't know about them. I usually use about 3-5 sprays on top of my hair and clothes. Interestingly I don't notice effects on my husband. I have to watch it with EST blends with him.

I know Exactly what you mean. It can be tricky: either you're a bossy bitch or highly opinionated. I wonder if our leadership challenges are different than men's. I think we are very attuned/analytical to the impact our leading has on those around us whereas men just sort of plow through when they lead?

Jeez, 17 years of that shit? Well, at least he did lay down the law, which IMO is the best way. Mothers like that would never hear it from the daughter in law. It plays right into the negative opinion they have formed of her. Mine had to do this same thing only with my FIL. And it was immediate, direct, and permanent. Why do parents have to do this with their grown children? Must be some need not met in their own lives that they can't let go of their ADULT children and let them live their own lives. Maybe these are the kind of parents that are totally defined by their kids, as the problem is almost always with the mother. The dad has other things to worry about (In that generation I mean)

One of the coolest things both my parents did was that as soon as I hit around 20 and certainly when I was out of college and on my own was that never once did they tell me how to live my life. A few times there was an eyebrow raised-but no comment. I love them for that. My husband is fiercely independent and if they meddled it would have been disastrous. We're putting that into practice now with our 18 year old. (she keeps coming home with a new hole in her ear every few months ). I'm not too worried about things that can be reversed should she change her mind, but that's just a example. I can see the look of puzzlement on her face when I don't comment. So she asks, "what do you think?" and I say "If it makes you happy that's great." But if she presses, I'll gently tell her my opinion. Hell, I had 3 or 4 holes in my ears at that age too. (and striped hair-safety pins in the jacket, the full on punk crap) so what can I say?

It's a great model on how we should treat our sons eh Mrs. C? My son is of course, the sensitive one of the two kids, and my biggest concern is that he'll end up with a bossy woman since he's so easy going. But I'll have to keep my lips zipped I know.

Ok so it's 8 a.m. here and I haven't sprayed on any kind of phero and listen to me blathering on. LOL

I totally agree with you about parents meeting their needs through their children! How messed up is that? My hubby's family is very dysfunctional though. On the outside they look fairly normal, but pull back the sheets and it's a mess. Oh, even worse, they sweep EVERY problem under the rug. If its too painful to deal with, just pretend it never happened. That's why it took mu hubby 17 years to finally confront his mother. Thankfully it taught him that facing the problem actually works!

We sound like twins when it comes to parenting! Yes, I'm already learning to keep my mouth shut. And my youngest boy will have a bossy wife I'm sure, so I'll smile and pretend, but when she leaves :666:

I honestly just want my kids to be happy, so hopefully my journey isn't too bumpy!

• 5 months later...

Ohhhh... I am SO confused! I was pretty much set on Open Windows, but now am wondering if H and S or Lace might be better? I am going to be meeting people in a social situation which <crossses fingers> MIGHT eventually offer some work in the writing field. ( I really really need this!) I should add they the majority of this crowd of people are male rock musicians, producers, etc, whom I have been in contact w/ online for some time. My relationship what it is these days, i do consider myself available to the right man, but this is also about getting some OPPORTUNITY people! Any thoughts are welcome!!1 Pretty please w/ pheros on top???

I'd say that if there's the possibility of work being offered, then go with Open Windows. Lace, can make one feel a bit light-headed at times, downright ditzy at others... giddy. I'd be worried about not being taken seriously enough, (in the case of *maybe* getting some work). And Heart and Soul is nice, but it's more of a "sweetheart" vibe, and I find it to be a great bonding phero for use with people I want to be closer to, emotionally. (Granted, I do use it at work, but it works better on my regular customers than on the tourists - I work in the service industry). I think Open Windows would be great for your situation because it can help make you and the people you're around feel really upbeat, friendly & cheery. I find it also somehow gives people the impression that I'm clever & capable, as well as (oddly, since I'm not terribly) witty. Perfect for you if it's a writing job you're after. :)

Ohhhh... I am SO confused! I was pretty much set on Open Windows, but now am wondering if H and S or Lace might be better? I am going to be meeting people in a social situation which <crossses fingers> MIGHT eventually offer some work in the writing field. ( I really really need this!) I should add they the majority of this crowd of people are male rock musicians, producers, etc, whom I have been in contact w/ online for some time. My relationship what it is these days, i do consider myself available to the right man, but this is also about getting some OPPORTUNITY people! Any thoughts are welcome!!1 Pretty please w/ pheros on top???

Open Windows, definitely!

I would go with Open Windows if I were you! It is fabulous!

I agree! Open Windows. It's one of the most consistently successful social pheros here. By that I mean from what I have observed reading/ chatting here pretty much everyone who uses it gets hits to some degree.( some pheros success varies person to person). The self-effects are great.

I personally use it often and I find it a very reliable go to social phero.

Good Luck.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks so much ladies! From what you are all telling me, Open Windows is def going on my list, but reading the comparisons here, I also think that I need Heart and Soul. I am at that point where after years of BS in the love arena, I have become a bit hardened, numb, and cynical. This is NOT who I typically am! I want/ need to get back to my old self and H and S sounds like who I was :( So.. I think I will work first w/ the H and S (because no one is attracttive when they have a chip on their shoulder, just in case I have one!) then order the OW once it's time for this social gathering. And again sweet ( and spicy) ladies.. thank you, thank you, thank you. I really appreciate and respect the experience of everyone here and their willingness to share their thoughts. :Emoticons04231: never doubt that you rock! <hugs>

Rose.. always go with your gut. BTW both OW and Heart & Soul, though different, were created by the same person, just thought you might find that interesting.

I think it's that Everyone has consistently good results with OW. It's great at lifting up people around you too.

Whatever you choose .. do let us know what results you get. If you read through the review threads you'll see that everyone enjoys sharing and hearing about theirs/ others experiments.

Also, Tyvey has a good point about Cougar. lol so many choices.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks so much ladies! From what you are all telling me, Open Windows is def going on my list, but reading the comparisons here, I also think that I need Heart and Soul. I am at that point where after years of BS in the love arena, I have become a bit hardened, numb, and cynical. This is NOT who I typically am! I want/ need to get back to my old self and H and S sounds like who I was :( So.. I think I will work first w/ the H and S (because no one is attracttive when they have a chip on their shoulder, just in case I have one!) then order the OW once it's time for this social gathering. And again sweet ( and spicy) ladies.. thank you, thank you, thank you. I really appreciate and respect the experience of everyone here and their willingness to share their thoughts. :Emoticons04231: never doubt that you rock! <hugs>

Oh but you see, the OW is good for chips on the shoulder as well. I adore H&S, but it doesn't work so well on my husband or MIL. Open Windows is incredible, I haven't dealt with another living soul that didn't react well to OW. I like how I feel from both of them, but I find OW to be a better all purpose blend. Also, H&S makes me prone to tears around that certain time of the month.

Actually, mine is too. I wonder if that's an old busybody thing? My SO finally wised up to her meddling this week, though http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

So basically you both can use the code name

"Mrs Kravitz"

Oh but you see, the OW is good for chips on the shoulder as well. I adore H&S, but it doesn't work so well on my husband or MIL. Open Windows is incredible, I haven't dealt with another living soul that didn't react well to OW. I like how I feel from both of them, but I find OW to be a better all purpose blend. Also, H&S makes me prone to tears around that certain time of the month.

Agree! Est-heavy blends are not always good with my man either (sometimes it is downright ugly).

And the confusion mounts! lol!

Tyvvey, funny you mention Cougar, I *have* considerd this one too!

Stacy, I know, OW def sounds like a winner. I will get it for sure, at this point, it's just a matter of in what order.

Beccah and Dolly, I think since I am seemingly mostly through menopause, the est, MIGHT be ok for me. In fact, I am wondering if a little extra estrogen at this point in time might even be a smart thing to add?

Maybe I will break out my divining rods on this question and run each potion by them to see if I get strong strong yesses or noos on any. yes, i really do consult them on things when I am finally at a loss. That is more often than I care to admit!

Stacy, I know, OW def sounds like a winner. I will get it for sure, at this point, it's just a matter of in what order.

Beccah and Dolly, I think since I am seemingly mostly through menopause, the est, MIGHT be ok for me. In fact, I am wondering if a little extra estrogen at this point in time might even be a smart thing to add?

Maybe I will break out my divining rods on this question and run each potion by them to see if I get strong strong yesses or noos on any. yes, i really do consult them on things when I am finally at a loss. That is more often than I care to admit!

I am mostly through meno too.....the problem isn't with ME, it is with how other people react to me. My man has had some very ugly reactions to it, and that is totally out of character for him.

And BTW, Cougar IS great too!

Edited by Dolly

Est stands for

ESTRATETRAENOL ~ EST is naturally produced only by pregnant women. It inspires the nurturing protective feelings that people (both men and women) have towards pregnant women. It creates an air of vulnerability, and is "ultra" feminizing, called "female magic" by some in the phero trade. Can make men behave very chivalrously, encourages cuddling, and can be a serious turn-on for some kinds of men. It makes the wearer feel adored, inspires others to be cherishing and extraordinarily helpful and solicitous. Many men find it calming and soothing. Some women report the feeling of girlyness or "ditsy-ness" when wearing a high dosage.

However, not everyone responds to EST the same way... it's a relatively rare effect, but some people are irritated by vulnerable or weak women, and as a subconscious chemical signal, it can frighten off some men....in the same way as an unexpected pregnancy can send some men screaming for the hills. This last effect seems to happen most often with heavier dosing and with younger men.

Other names: EST, Est

Edited by Beccah

Wow, Dolly, that is really strange! How sad that your man reacts that way, especially if it makes you feel good. I guess i just figured that the meno being mostly done, it might sort of balance things out. I suppose that would just be too easy though!

Beccah, thank you for that quote. Chocked full o' info on the stuff. I would *love* to feel adored and could use to lighten up at times for sure. Fact is, some people find me difficult to approach until they know me. I find it funny that anyone would be intimidated by ME. Not that I am a wimp, mind you, but I don't see how I scare anyone. Hormones are very funny things ( ha ha! Just hilarious) though aren't they ladies?

I am thinking I could go digging through my collection and see what contains est and "test" it. The last thing I need is a disagreeable man! Thanks for taking the time to try to help me sort this out ladies. I really do appreciate it. Will follow up on my experimenting and let you know how the est goes over. I guess the results will be a mystery to all of us and you just can't know until you try.

Wow, Dolly, that is really strange! How sad that your man reacts that way, especially if it makes you feel good. I guess i just figured that the meno being mostly done, it might sort of balance things out. I suppose that would just be too easy though!

Beccah, thank you for that quote. Chocked full o' info on the stuff. I would *love* to feel adored and could use to lighten up at times for sure. Fact is, some people find me difficult to approach until they know me. I find it funny that anyone would be intimidated by ME. Not that I am a wimp, mind you, but I don't see how I scare anyone. Hormones are very funny things ( ha ha! Just hilarious) though aren't they ladies?

I am thinking I could go digging through my collection and see what contains est and "test" it. The last thing I need is a disagreeable man! Thanks for taking the time to try to help me sort this out ladies. I really do appreciate it. Will follow up on my experimenting and let you know how the est goes over. I guess the results will be a mystery to all of us and you just can't know until you try.

Yeah, my man is one of the oddballs.....SOMETIMES it is an ok reaction, but usually it is BAD BAD BAD. The last time I tried one of the Est-heavy blends, we had a very ugly ugly fight (we disagree, but he doesn't turn ugly and mean.....it is just not in his nature.....he is normally very loving and generally easy-going).....UNLESS I am wearing too much Est, that is). After having that happen repeatedly, I just don't go there anymore. I can wear blends with Est in them, but it has to be more on the dominant side.....like Blatant Invitation or Leather. I am naturally more of a dominant personality, very independent......so I am assuming it is a congruence thing......

Aha!!!! Guess what ladies? I went through my treasure chest ( I am so very disorganzied- I truly forget what I have!) and found a precious, precious vial of LEVITATION!!! It was another of Mara's very kind samples that I hadn't gotten around to trying yet. Was up til dawn and on the forums and reading, reading, reading. I looked carefully at some of the newer releases, going back to spring and saw the description for Levitation Of course, it contains what... Open Windows!!! Woohoo!! I have it on right now and I don't think I have to tell you how beautiful this one smells. ( swoons) Heartbreaker that this one is sold out! I am doing the wrist sniffing thing in between typing. So, now I can test drive the OW by wearing this scrumptious concoction, and will hopefully be able to make a decision on what to order. In my astological chart, i have my Moon in Libra, so decisions are a bit of a problem for me and to make it worse, my "must have" list is getting long as hell! Thanks again though ladies. If you had not emphasized the OW to me, I may never have dug through the goodies after doing all the reading and found this to try. I think I feel a tad perky?

Aha!!!! Guess what ladies? I went through my treasure chest ( I am so very disorganzied- I truly forget what I have!) and found a precious, precious vial of LEVITATION!!! It was another of Mara's very kind samples that I hadn't gotten around to trying yet. Was up til dawn and on the forums and reading, reading, reading. I looked carefully at some of the newer releases, going back to spring and saw the description for Levitation Of course, it contains what... Open Windows!!! Woohoo!! I have it on right now and I don't think I have to tell you how beautiful this one smells. ( swoons) Heartbreaker that this one is sold out! I am doing the wrist sniffing thing in between typing. So, now I can test drive the OW by wearing this scrumptious concoction, and will hopefully be able to make a decision on what to order. In my astological chart, i have my Moon in Libra, so decisions are a bit of a problem for me and to make it worse, my "must have" list is getting long as hell! Thanks again though ladies. If you had not emphasized the OW to me, I may never have dug through the goodies after doing all the reading and found this to try. I think I feel a tad perky?

Yes, OW is a definite mood-lifter. Happy, perky, uplifting. Great at parties! Add some cops to it, and it makes for fun in the bedroom.....happy sex! Love it......wore it today, in fact. I always have a couple of bottles on hand.

OMG, all of you were SO right! Just a question on this though, I am going along my merry way here enjoying my happy little buzz ( it's been a long time since I've had one of those) and find myself getting a bit bitchy if I feel that anything or anyone threatens to bring me down. ( example: my guy being noncommital about what he wants for dinner temporarily made me growl) I am assuming it is just me because of the long bout of being down I am fiercely protecting the feeling, or is this another weird hormone trick?

OMG, all of you were SO right! Just a question on this though, I am going along my merry way here enjoying my happy little buzz ( it's been a long time since I've had one of those) and find myself getting a bit bitchy if I feel that anything or anyone threatens to bring me down. ( example: my guy being noncommital about what he wants for dinner temporarily made me growl) I am assuming it is just me because of the long bout of being down I am fiercely protecting the feeling, or is this another weird hormone trick?

I would think that it would be that you are protecting your "happy buzz".....not sure, but that is just my opinion.......

@ Dolly and Chai.. I think you are both right! I'll tell you, I must have REALLY been repressing a lot of heavy feelings, because my emotional floodgates just flew open at one point, it all came out, and after that felt utterly exhausted, knocked off for about an hour woke up, felt so.. I dunno, refreshed? Renewed? I doubt that OW typically plays this rough w/ most people, but my situation has been a bit weird for a while. And the fact that my reaction was SO intense, to me, simply means that the windows needed opening ladies. Playful, happy, smiley, friendly, beautiful stuff, but so very, VERY potent. This one could actually help bring on a much needed breakthrough if you are like me.

So glad it worked! It sounds like it was EXACTLY what you needed!

@ Dolly and Chai.. I think you are both right! I'll tell you, I must have REALLY been repressing a lot of heavy feelings, because my emotional floodgates just flew open at one point, it all came out, and after that felt utterly exhausted, knocked off for about an hour woke up, felt so.. I dunno, refreshed? Renewed? I doubt that OW typically plays this rough w/ most people, but my situation has been a bit weird for a while. And the fact that my reaction was SO intense, to me, simply means that the windows needed opening ladies. Playful, happy, smiley, friendly, beautiful stuff, but so very, VERY potent. This one could actually help bring on a much needed breakthrough if you are like me.

Oh my goodness, yes! You need it!!!!

I just had a similar type of floodgate experience, but not from using pheromones. I make (quartz) crystal water; by charging my clear quartz crystals in the summer sun & waxing to full moon for a couple of nights. Then I let 2 of the crystals infuse a gallon of R/O water for a minimum of 24 hours. It is POWERFUL stuff. Unless you're sick, you probably shouldn't drink more than a glass of it a day, just to keep yourself from going into energy overload. I was hungover yesterday, though, & hitting it pretty hard. I finished off today & after being bombarded w/ ickiness over the Zimmerman verdict via Facebook, all the strangeness I was feeling just intensified! It was fucking surreal. It was like I was feeling very good over a layer of bitterness & despair. What the H? How can you feel better than good AND a black depression at the same time??? Like I said, surreal, complete Salvador Dali painting weird. Anyway, I was able to link the positive energy feelings to drinking the crystal water, this morning, along with the urge to meditate. It came into my head to cleanse my aura with my amethyst wand. I used that focusing on my head & heart. It worked! I only shed like one or two tears, but I have felt much cleaner emotionally & back to normal in addition.

My point with this story is that you should probably try some type of meditation, along with the pheromones to get to the root of the problem. Imagine how great you'll feel using this stuff after you achieve balance :)

@ Dolly and Beccah. Hi ladies! Just placed my order! Of course I went for OW, also trial size Violins and Sex <smiles @ Dolly>, a trial size of Cougar, trial size of OCCO SMF ( hey, you have to have some fun too, right?) and I requested OCCO Black and Gold as my free samples. So excited!!!

Beccah, I read your post, for many, many years I have practiced meditation, worked w/ crystals. reiki, as well as a solitary practioner/HP of The Craft, etc. These past two years, my life has been really strange, and I felt like I had begun to do a very scary downward spiral. I can't say that I am out of it yet, but I am finding my WILL again and pulling myself up. Hardest I have had to try ever. Your advice is *excellent*! I am a former teacher of working with Chakras, and I have never had all of them so out of whack in all my life. My lines of thought were about the same as yours, i.e., using multiple sciences to complement each other for the best results. I am at a crossroads now and we all know how rough that can be. I totally hear what you are saying about the whole surreal weirdness thing. I have been feeling it too. I just thought it was me w/ a bit of Mercury retrograde thrown in just for shits and giggles. Like you, I sensed a need to shake something up. CHANGE something! I put a pure white rose on my altar to Bast, lit a white candle, and went crazy smudging the entire house w/ pink rose incense ( it helps cleanse my heart). Also, I meditated w/ a rose quartz heart. Afterward I thought to myself, THIS, I must do for myself and do often! And funny you should mention balance, because my favorite meditational breathing is the balancing alternate nostril breathing. Feels soooo good. I have a bunch of quartz crystal points that need cleansing and charging, and once I have done that, I will make and try the crystal water. In fact, I feel the urge to cleanse ALL of my magical gems now. Renewal baby! Because new beginnings can happen any time you want to make them happen! Thanks so much for all of the good advice I have been given. I can't tell all of you how much I appreciate it. And BTW, will be back w/ full reports on the various cool potions I ordered <hugs and hugs and hugs> :)

Good advice about smudging w/ the rose incense, thank you. Huh! Maybe that surreal, dual emotional energy is something that is being shared by a lot of people right now???? Please let me know your how it goes w/ the crystal water. I made my SO drink a little bit, but he didn't mention anything about it. For me, I was getting a positive energy buzz from it. ETA: The best way to describe the buzz, is that it felt like how you feel when you're having a really good chuckle about something.

Edited by Beccah