Phero enhanced perfume vs boosting your own perfume?

Hi,

Do you get more pheromones in a pheromone enhanced perfume like Naughty But Nice? or from boosting your own perfume?

I really like the scent of Naught But Nice and the effects of BI? but will I get more pheromones from boosting my own scent?

Hi,

Do you get more pheromones in a pheromone enhanced perfume like Naughty But Nice? or from boosting your own perfume?

I really like the scent of Naught But Nice and the effects of BI? but will I get more pheromones from boosting my own scent?

The pheromone enhanced brews (that you can buy samples of) are @ 1/3rd strength of the boosted & unscented bottles.

The pheromone enhanced brews (that you can buy samples of) are @ 1/3rd strength of the boosted & unscented bottles.

It says on the site there's 1ml of pheros to 9ml of fragrance in a phero boosted perfume..

so how much pheros is in a phero enhanced blend?

I guess I'm asking, whether or not we get the same amount of pheromones in the UNscented version vs. in the phero boosted perfume...

I believe the ratios are the same for phero-enhanced, add-in and unscented, it's just a difference of carrier: fragrance or unscented base. I could be wrong about that, hopefully Mara can clarify.

For the beta sprays, however, you can request whatever phero blend you want in different strengths (up to 3x) so if you absolutely have to have a greater phero concentration then that might be the best way to go.

Edited by luna65

This has been discussed in previous threads :abfx:

Here's a quote (Mara's) from one of them;

"UNscenteds are 1mg/1mL

(In Androtics language, that's 150 mcg per spray)

The phero enhanced perfumes are around .50-.60mg/1mL

(90-100 mcg per spray)

When you order a "PHERO ADD" to a perfume, you get exactly the same concentration as the UNscented variety. That's 1mg of concentrated pheromone solution added to 9 mls of perfume oil, for a total of 10 mls in the bottle. The perfume itself becomes the dilutant, rather than the CPS/D5."

I have abandoned trying to use the "per spray" relativity, because I realized what a crock it is. It's confusing, confused me repeatedly in the past (as evidenced above in Rosebud's quote), and I realized one of the reasons is because the only way to be certain of the per spray dosage is by using medically dosed sprayers, which no one in the industry does. Each spray nozzle is a different capacity, and one of the scams in advertising that kind of measuring is using high volume sprayers, (aka fewer spritzes per bottle), which tricks the customer into thinking there's more pheros in the bottle than they are actually getting. So, the question you should always ask, is how much mcg you are getting PER BOTTLE; any other information is really BS.

Now, that said, one also has to understand that different pheros each have a different rate of efficacy. For example, smaller doses of Beta-Nol will equal the effectiveness of a larger dose of Alpha-Nol. Unless you know what the maximum efficacy is for each and every phero, even the mcg per bottle method isn't really going to tell you everything you want to know. More does NOT necessarily mean better when it comes to pheros.

So anyway, when working with both P-Com and Stone, they both formulated for me blends which are at maximum efficacy at 1,000 mcg per 1 ml, intended to be diluted in 9 mls of oil (a 1/3 oz roller bottle), or 29 mls of alcohol (a 1 oz spray bottle). That's an equivalent measure across the mediums.

This measure is the amount that gives you the greatest results for the $ you are paying. To explain, you can buy double or triple the strength for double or triple the price, but your results will not be double or triple the results. Diminishing returns. If 3x is not three times as effective, you are essentially wasting money. Our blends are specifically designed to give you the most cost effective bang for your buck at 1x.

-----------------------------

Regarding the pheromone enhanced perfumes that we sell for $29.95. They have 1/3rd the amount of pheros in them than the unscented pheros. (333 mcg per bottle). When you purchase a dose of pheros to be added to a perfume, you are getting the exact same amount that is in an UNscented bottle of pheros. (1,000 mcg per bottle).

(ETA: Super for M/W and Mara's Rocket Fuel contained 666 mcg per bottle)

Just because there is 1/3 of a dose in the phero enhanced perfumes, do not mistake them as being weak in the phero dept. They are not. (This dose is higher than ANY other phero enhanced perfumes on the market. NO ONE puts as much pheros in perfume as we do.) Many people get better results at this dosage than at the 1x dosage, because, once again, more does NOT necessarily mean better when it comes to pheros. You can overwhelm people with too high a dose, and the chemical signal you put out may not compute because the dose is too high - if you find that you are not getting the results you want from a phero, it's smart to try using LESS rather than more.

For example, I've had a few queries regarding the phero strength in the Captivation Equation sprays, because people seem to be finding this mix exceptionally effective.

The amount is 333 mcgs per 1 ounce. (Alcohol based spray)

Hope this helps clarify previous confusions, and thanks for your question, April!

Wow, great post and clarification Mara- I gotta say that now I think less in terms on mcg I'm putting on, because I have gotten a feel of how much I need of which blend.

Like the fact that I get such great results with G&L (with a scented phero blend and has 1/3rd the amount of phero of the "Lace" mix) tells me that with Lace, I don't necessarily need the full force mix.

I can slather on G&L, but I don't think slathering on "Lace" would be such a smart idea! ;-)

I have abandoned trying to use the "per spray" relativity, because I realized what a crock it is. It's confusing, confused me repeatedly in the past (as evidenced above in Rosebud's quote), and I realized one of the reasons is because the only way to be certain of the per spray dosage is by using medically dosed sprayers, which no one in the industry does. Each spray nozzle is a different capacity, and one of the scams in advertising that kind of measuring is using high volume sprayers, (aka fewer spritzes per bottle), which tricks the customer into thinking there's more pheros in the bottle than they are actually getting. So, the question you should always ask, is how much mcg you are getting PER BOTTLE; any other information is really BS.

Now, that said, one also has to understand that different pheros each have a different rate of efficacy. For example, smaller doses of Beta-Nol will equal the effectiveness of a larger dose of Alpha-Nol. Unless you know what the maximum efficacy is for each and every phero, even the mcg per bottle method isn't really going to tell you everything you want to know. More does NOT necessarily mean better when it comes to pheros.

So anyway, when working with both P-Com and Stone, they both formulated for me blends which are at maximum efficacy at 1,000 mcg per 1 ml, intended to be diluted in 9 mls of oil (a 1/3 oz roller bottle), or 29 mls of alcohol (a 1 oz spray bottle). That's an equivalent measure across the mediums.

This measure is the amount that gives you the greatest results for the $ you are paying. To explain, you can buy double or triple the strength for double or triple the price, but your results will not be double or triple the results. Diminishing returns. If 3x is not three times as effective, you are essentially wasting money. Our blends are specifically designed to give you the most cost effective bang for your buck at 1x.

Regarding the pheromone enhanced perfumes that we sell for $29.95. They have 1/3rd the amount of pheros in them than the unscented pheros. (333 mcg per bottle). When you purchase a dose of pheros to be added to a perfume, you are getting the exact same amount that is in an UNscented bottle of pheros. (1,000 mcg per bottle).

Just because there is 1/3 of a dose in the phero enhanced perfumes, do not mistake them as being weak in the phero dept. They are not. (This dose is higher than ANY other phero enhanced perfumes on the market. NO ONE puts as much pheros in perfume as we do.) Many people get better results at this dosage than at the 1x dosage, because, once again, more does NOT necessarily mean better when it comes to pheros. You can overwhelm people with too high a dose, and the chemical signal you put out may not compute because the dose is too high - if you find that you are not getting the results you want from a phero, it's smart to try using LESS rather than more.

For example, I've had a few queries regarding the phero strength in the Captivation Equation sprays, because people seem to be finding this mix exceptionally effective.

Hope this helps clarify previous confusions, and thanks for your question, April!

Thank you, this explanation is very clear. I iz one of the folks noticing more self effects from C/E than LAM :abfx:

Thanks for the clarification! That really helps...

I'm deciding whether I should order Naughty But Nice (love this kind of floral scent... also love The Promise)

or find a similar scent and boost with BI...

I guess I'll just stick with Naughty But Nice since I love the scent and more pheros doesn't mean more effective :D

Regarding the pheromone enhanced perfumes that we sell for $29.95. They have 1/3rd the amount of pheros in them than the unscented pheros. (333 mcg per bottle)

So, if i understand right, as there is 333mcg/bottle in $29.95 1/3 oz phero enhanced products, and that is 1/3 of the phero concentration found in unscented or add-ins / amped perfumes, we can assume there is 3000mcg/bottle in Beta LP sprays, as these are 1 oz bottles (333x3x3 eg. x3 concentration & x3 volume) ?

The UNscented phero concentrations are stronger.

UNscenteds are 1mg/1mL

(In Androtics language, that's 150 mcg per spray)

The phero enhanced perfumes are around .50-.60mg/1mL

(90-100 mcg per spray)

The SUPERs are super-concentrated - they are over .75mg/1mL

(125 mcg per spray)

If i refer to this quote , .50 - .60mg/1mL is 500mcg-600mcg / 1mL, equals 5000mcg-6000mcg / 10mL (bottle) ? that's way more than 333mg isn't it ?

Sorry i'm lost again, lol :D

Edited by Liam

So, if i understand right, as there is 333mcg/bottle in $29.95 1/3 oz phero enhanced products, and that is 1/3 of the phero concentration found in unscented or add-ins / amped perfumes, we can assume there is 3000mcg/bottle in Beta LP sprays, as these are 1 oz bottles (333x3x3 eg. x3 concentration & x3 volume) ?

If i refer to this quote , .50 - .60mg/1mL is 500mcg-600mcg / 1mL, equals 5000mcg-6000mcg / 10mL (bottle) ? isn't it ?

So i'm lost again, lol :D

I think the beta LP sprays have the same amount of pheros as unscented (1000mcg)

Liam, one thing to remember is that LPMP is not following the same model as Androtics, so the questions you're asking aren't a one-to-one correlation. Truly, as a long-time customer of this company and the products they offer my suggestion is to select something which you feel appeals to you and try it. I am confident you will find something which works for you but it's all about the synergy between scent and intent, it's about personal enhancement, it's not about cold calculations of cause-and-effect.

The prices are reasonable, and the products are excellent.

Edited by luna65

If i refer to this quote , .50 - .60mg/1mL is 500mcg-600mcg / 1mL, equals 5000mcg-6000mcg / 10mL (bottle) ? that's way more than 333mg isn't it ?

Sorry i'm lost again, lol :D

No. I wrote my long post to REPLACE that old information. Please refer to my NEW post. Thank you.

Not only did that per spray nonsense confuse me, as I stated above, (as it is designed to do), that original post was made a long time ago before we standardized what our doses would be.

All of your questions are answered in my new post.

Ok. Thank you.

I don't mind per spray numbers at all myself, was just trying to know the mcg/bottle for the different

LP products (beta sprays included), precisely.

I know that when it comes to pheros, more is not always better etc, and its even more a good reason to know

products concentrations, you just don't apply a 33mcg/1ml product like a 600mcg/1ml one.

And i don't doubt that LP products are excellent, Luna, but i think that pheros potency is as much related to concentration

that it can be related to an amazing carrier, btw.

No. I wrote my long post to REPLACE that old information. Please refer to my NEW post. Thank you.

Not only did that per spray nonsense confuse me, as I stated above, (as it is designed to do), that original post was made a long time ago before we standardized what our doses would be.

All of your questions are answered in my new post.

Edited by Liam

Liam, this quote from Mara's new post answers your specific question. 1000 mcgs of pheros in 1 ml of concentrate, which is then diluted in 9 mls of oil or 29 mls of alcohol. So, for a "boosted" scent or an unscented one, whether oil or spray, you are getting 1000 mcgs of pheros in a bottle. Phero enhanced scents have roughly 333 mcgs in a bottle. Sometimes there are exceptions, such as Mara's Rocket Fuel, or Woozy Floozy, but those which vary will be indicated as such.

Mara is correct about one other thing also.....these are some of the most potent pheros on the market, and are designed to work, without breaking the bank.

Edited by Dolly

There's a point being missed about the "per spray" measurements, Liam.

I don't "mind" that measurement system either, if it was standardized and true. But it isn't. It's much abused and a clever way of ripping people off.

Just so you know, every time I buy an empty spray bottle from my suppliers, I am offered 3 different sprayer capacities - fine, medium, high.

Just a simple example:

You are told by a company that you will be delivered 10 mcg per spritz. You're led to assume that you are going to get 100 spritzes per bottle, but that's never confirmed by the company. So you assume that your bottle is going to contain 100 sprays x 10 mcg = 1,000 mcg per bottle. ok?

But the company is buying 'high volume' sprayers. So you are really only going to get 50 spritzes per bottle, which only equals 500 mcg per bottle.

If the company was telling you how much was in the bottle TOTAL, you'd have real information to deal with. If you don't know the total mcg per bottle, and the co is not using true dosing sprayers, you don't have true information about the value of what you are buying.

I don't "mind" that measurement system either, if it was standardized and true. But it isn't. It's much abused and a clever way of ripping people off.

Just so you know, every time I buy an empty spray bottle from my suppliers, I am offered 3 different sprayer capacities - fine, medium, high.

Just a simple example:

You are told by a company that you will be delivered 10 mcg per spritz. You're led to assume that you are going to get 100 spritzes per bottle, but that's never confirmed by the company. So you assume that your bottle is going to contain 100 sprays x 10 mcg = 1,000 mcg per bottle. ok?

But the company is buying 'high volume' sprayers. So you are really only going to get 50 spritzes per bottle, which only equals 500 mcg per bottle.

If the company was telling you how much was in the bottle TOTAL, you'd have real information to deal with. If you don't know the total mcg per bottle, and the co is not using true dosing sprayers, you don't have true information about the value of what you are buying.

Exactly. Companies in the phero world have been ripping consumers off BIG TIME (me included, and that pisses me off)......so glad we now have reasonably-priced, highly superior products that also smell so freaking good!

Just a simple example:

I understand what you mean about how mcg/spray can confuse the end user. It's indeed a common habit among AD forums/users to talk in mcg/spritz; although in my eyes there isn't a rippoff intent there, because if you look at the store pages, you'll see mcg/bottle is specified as well, for most products (most of consumer line is 3000mcg/30ml at x1 concentration i think). Although some other stores don't even specify their product concentrations.

Now as a beginner in the phero department its harder to notice subtle hits than it is for an experienced user, so as a beginner i obviously

want to deal with potent blends, and need to experiment with doseages when sharpening my observation skills.

Now i can be told that Stone id research blends are incredibely potent and designed to work (what else :rolleyes: ), but i'm just asking me why the hell should be (for example) the same molecule (a-nol for instance) more potent at the same

doseage, when its synthesized by different labs, after all it's the same molecule right ? (i know i'm not talking about advanced mixes

here i took this example in purpose to illustrate my thought).

I'm not here to tell about concurrent products or bother you with this, but these are serious questions bothering me as a

consumer. I started my "phero trip" using 3000mcg/30ml and 6000mcg/30ml alcohol products and some 6000mcg/10ml oil one (that is, if advertised concentrations are correct..) ; and i have been told that it's common on the market to find that oil products are crafted more concentrated than alcohol ones too, due to their weaker but longer diffusion through time.

There is not only cold calculations here, there is intent too, but if you are using a lower concentration blend you will just, in theory,

apply more for the same results that you'll get with a more concentrated one (thats talking about phero blends for sure, besides any

fragrance considerations), and if you apply more, you'll buy it more often, eg. it will cost more :)

Mind you if i want some LP beta spray @ 3000mcg/30ml (x3) it'll cost 114$, or 70+39$ for an amped perfume spray @ 2000mcg/30ml (x2).

i'll think about it twice.

Edited by Liam

Liam, I think that part of Mara's post here answers part of your concerns, and I have snipped her post to include only the parts I am talking about (and highlighted some of it in red), but let me try to clarify for you......

If you are new to pheros, then the mcg in a bottle is not necessarily going to assist you....here is why.....

Imagine that you have 2 bottles of phero spray. One has 1000 mcg per 30 ml and one has 6000 mcg per 30 ml (and the 6000 mcg bottle (IF THAT IS A CORRECT FIGURE, WHICH I DOUBT HIGHLY) would cost you a whole lot more). Imagine that the 1000 mcg gives you stellar results (the best results EVER) with ONE spray......using the 6000 mcg bottle is NOT going to give you better results .....you are WASTING pheros (thus wasting money).....Because HOW are you going to spray on LESS than one spray of the 6000 mcg bottle to get to the same dosage? Are you following my train of thought?

Mara's statement about diminishing returns is absolutely correct. I have been using pheros for MANY years (about 7 now, I think)....I know it to be a very true statement....

Well, i'm using mixing supplies (pipettes), to transfer products i like in some good little atomizer like this one :

http://tinyurl.com/35mo3at ; with this i can fine tune way better, for instance 4 sprays from this one equals

some 2 spray from some bottles i got, and you get way more consistent sprays from it.

Well anyway at this point i suppose the best thing is to have a shot testing some products. the LP fragrances by themselves here

have really strong appeal.

Edited by Liam

Well, i'm using mixing supplies (pipettes), to transfer products i like in some good little sprayers like this one :

http://tinyurl.com/35mo3at ; with this i can fine tune way better, for instance 4 sprays from this one equals

some 2 spray from some bottles i got, and you get way more consistent sprays from it.

I am glad that you have found a method that works for you....I have some of the mini-atomizers from here at LP that I use for travel, but I am not measuring pheros etc myself......I prefer to leave the measuring and dosing of my pheros to the experts....

I still stand by my original statement that you will not find better, more cost-effective pheros on the market than the ones here.....and I have used them ALL, I think....

And, I wholeheartedly agree with Mara that many many times, especially in pheros, less is more......

Well, i'm using mixing supplies (pipettes), to transfer products i like in some good little sprayers like this one :

Well anyway at this point i suppose the best thing is to have a shot testing some products. the LP fragrances by themselves here

have really strong appeal.

GO FOR IT! My man loves the fragrances here, and is beginning to get into the pheros....he has been very pleased....

Well anyway at this point i suppose the best thing is to have a shot testing some products. the LP fragrances by themselves here have really strong appeal.

...and that was the whole point of my original observation. I will only add that using the phero-enhanced fragrances for myself and my partner has enhanced our intimacy in many ways and I would recommend them to anyone.

...and that was the whole point of my original observation. I will only add that using the phero-enhanced fragrances for myself and my partner has enhanced our intimacy in many ways and I would recommend them to anyone.

Amen to that! I have a product of Diane's that has been a lifesaver for me with the women in my life.

Just a note about pricing and strengths...each pheromone has a different price, some wildly at different ends of the spectrum. Est is crazy expensive, Beta-Nol is also very expensive, however, luckily, it does not require a strong dose to create very strong effects. Alpha Nol is much less expensive in comparison, but still a large investment when you stock it in quantity.

Hormones and steroids however, are generally much less expensive than actual pheromones. We haven't delved into the area much yet ourselves, but may do in the future. Some people believe that certain hormones and steroids may produce "pheromonal effects" and are experimenting to see if they do so. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that less expensive steroids or hormones are being packaged in 6,000 mcg strength at an affordable end price.

(For example, DHEA is not an actual pheromone, it's a hormone, but years of experimenting with it suggest that the molecule indeed may have pheromonal effects, and it is becoming a more and more popular addition to pheromone mixes.)