Rosebud Cupcake

Wow. When she asked for a "droolworthy vanilla cupcake", Rosebud wasn't kidding. This is a vanilla BOMB. Vanilla cake, mounds of thick and creamy vanilla frosting, and the addition of something sweet and pink; I can't figure out if it's just pink sugar or the slightest hint of pink rose, but whatever it is it reminds me of those little frosting rosebuds that are almost too pretty to eat. It makes me want to lick it off, and I have to keep reminding myself it's perfume! :(

I haven't recieved my order yet so I still haven't tried "my" new creation, but it sounds like the ladies got it just right...not that I thought they wouldn't :( This one sounds just like what I was imagining... a droolworthy cupcake absolutely slathered with vanilla frosting and a few li'll rosebuds on top :love: I can't wait to try it!

This is like a lighter version of La Fleur Cremeuse to me...very sweet and pretty but with just the slighest hint of floral as opposed to the deeper rose of the latter. But anyone who was a fan of that fragrance or wanted something like it, this is a good one to try. I think little girls would really love this too.

Edited by luna65

This i splendid. It reminds me of La Fleur Cremeuse too though I think this is a little less buttery to me. There also seem to be a hint of cherry to this but I didn't see it n the description. When it dries down, it smell like marshmallow to me...

In the drydown I'm reminded of Sugared Cream because it has that sort of Twinkie filling thing going on.

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...

Addictive! On me it starts with a huge sugary fatty kiss of vanilla frosting, just tinged with rose, and as it dries down they meld really nicely. The rose is a light, rosewater, tea-rosey kind of rose, just a suggestion and not an 'equal player' with the frosting.

ITA that it's reminiscent of La Fleur Cremeuse... BUT, happily, this one agrees with me much better. (LFC was much more salted-buttery, and combined with that heavy type of rose, it wasn't working right on me.) Very nicely done!!

:EVB7BC~18: Me no understand... :) What's up with my chemistry? Or maybe it's my nose?

I get NO vanilla at all... :( Nada...not even a li'll.... :EVB7BC~18:

All I get is a very woodsy scent with a hint of rose....No lush cake or droolworthy vanilla frosting :neutral: I'm so sad.

Awww that's a shame rosebud it really is an amazing scent, I have given it 5 out of 5 on my rating chart(am I the only one who has one? :))

I definately agree with tyvey's description it's got a very strong initial kick of vanilla frosting and just a hint of rose but dries down to more of an even scent but the frosting just being slightly stronger, it's a lovely soft and comforting scent!

Did you just receive it? Maybe you should let it rest a bit, in a cool dark place; many times scented items suffer from "travel shock." In a few days try it again and see if it does the same thing.

:EVB7BC~18: Me no understand... :) What's up with my chemistry? Or maybe it's my nose?

I get NO vanilla at all... :( Nada...not even a li'll.... :EVB7BC~18:

All I get is a very woodsy scent with a hint of rose....No lush cake or droolworthy vanilla frosting :neutral: I'm so sad.

Well, on the upside, I see your package finally arrived. On the scent issue...Rosebud, did you try it with a 100% fresh nose? This couldn't be more vanilla saturated. Y'know, once you've smelled 2 scents, you have to wait like 2 hours to be able to smell properly again, from scratch. Coffee beans do not help. You need the time. Will you promise me to try it again without smelling anything for 2 hours, then see if it changes your perception of it?

xoxoxox

M

I didn't have a 100% scent fresh nose, but I've worn a pure vanilla scent today so that would surely just add more vanilla if anything? ...and I did apply to freshly scrubbed hands so there shouldn't have been any residue of other scents.

I'll try it tomorrow morning again after my shower :) Fingers crossed!

• 5 years later...

I got no vanilla as well but something sharp and minty went up my nose on when gave it a few good sniff when wet then a slight pink rose floated at the back. My nose kind of hurts from the first few sniffs and I'm keeping away from the scent till it's gone.