DAD

OK, this really does smell like a barber shop to me. I totally get the shaving soap/musky notes the most and even a hint of newspaper (how'd ya do that?). As for the phero effects, I only wore it to bed last night, but it did make me feel all happy/cozy and I slept really well.

I made my man let me spritz him with this last night. I like it....but, it is definitely not a sexy-like smell. It is a nice, clean, cozy, comfortable smell.....the scent almost reminds me of the original men's scented dominance at one point during drydown....quite fresh.

The pheros were working on me, I think. After having a rough day yesterday, I was relaxed, at ease, and he and I did talk about a couple of certain issues that almost always make me go :thumbup: But, I still felt perfectly "at peace".... I like it!

• 1 month later...

Got TT a sample of this & he really likes it. It is a nice clean 'old fashioned' men's barbershop smell. Maybe omething Ol' Blue Eyes would've worn himself ( as he was known to use Yardley's Lavender soap). Definitely a full bottle purchase for TT. He really loves his LP#9, but I think he needs something to mix it up with.

I brought this up for Quince to try during our holiday. He took one look at the label and (mind you, he's never married or had kids) said, "I don't want to smell like anybody's Dad, thanks ever so."

That man, I swear! :):winktongue:

But he liked it, somewhat. He said it smelled clean and approrpriately masculine, which is all that matters to him. I wanted him to have something with Intellectual Man because I think he could benefit from it. Of course, I think he's a genius and so do many of the people who work for/with him (he's allowed me to note that some of his colleagues call him Yoda) but every so often there's a situation where he has to more-than-quietly assert his authority, and I think IM will help with that.

I find it very evocative of Mara's concept although it's not a male fragrance I would choose. But if you want that sort of thing in the arsenal then it's a good one to go with.

Edited by luna65

• 3 months later...

I think I am probably going to have to get a bottle of this for my man.....

He doesn't like wearing his LP oils to work very often, but he does have a lot of commercial men's spray colognes that he wears....this morning, he asked me what he should wear, and I grabbed the sample of Dad and he said he didn't remember wearing it before.....I told him it was just clean and fresh, and after application, he decided that he really liked it......he liked it a lot, in fact.....

• 4 weeks later...

I like this one for the HSF - it garners respect in a job where he needs it - and the women don't try to jump him more than normal which is all good in my book.

As a side note: He stopped wearing Legend anywhere but around me because his Ex, the kid's friends Mom's and ladies at work all suddenly treated him as a target. Which- thank goodness - was NOT a win for him. :-). I did buy him a full size Hunter Trapper which I LOVE the smell of and intend to put to exceptionally good use next weekend. :001_302: I haven't tested the phero yet but it smells dead sexy.

• 7 months later...

Got the leeetle bottle of this to put in Mr. Matt's Father's Day box (with a bunch more LPMPs!!!). I really enjoy it! It's a nice, clean, herbal scent to me, and it fits the description. I got a little hint of newsprint going by, too! that's a really good smell to me, because I grew up in the midst of the newspaper biz...back when the newspapers were *all* real newspapers, and the writers drank their coffee black, smoked at their desks, and drank like crazy people at the parties at our house. Heh. But I digress! Mr. Matt, the kids, and I ALL wear various Old Spice deodorants 'cause we LIKE 'em (and 'cause they work excellently on our family stank). So a scent like Dad goes down easy around here. YUM!

Oh P.S. I'm wearing it right now, as is Mr. Matt. Made for a man, but I like it TOO! Wow. How long ago did those commercials come out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Uncle (who I give Pheromones to sometimes) comes in and sees the sample of Dad with a special note for my Dad attached to it and asks if he can have it. I told him it was clearly for my Dad. :frown: He confessed he liked the scent and he wants to buy some the next time I order from Love Potion.

Edited by ClintX2

My Uncle (who I give Pheromones to sometimes) comes in and sees the sample of Dad with a special note for my Dad attached to it and asks if he can have it. I told him it was clearly for my Dad. ;) He confessed he liked the scent and he wants to buy some the next time I order from Love Potion.

Hey, Clint! That means you're a very effective EEEeeeevil Enabler! Heeeeee! (good work, man!) :666:

Hey, Clint! That means you're a very effective EEEeeeevil Enabler! Heeeeee! (good work, man!) :666:

:yeahthat: ... aaaaannnnd it is included in the big sale!!! You might want to try some yourself too,the self-effects from the pheros are really nice ;)

• 3 months later...

Glad to read that Ellie,I think this one is far underated...the phero blend in it is amazing,very upbeat yet stable,if that makes sense...even stronger than La Vie because of the spray delivery,and we all know how I feel about that one :) The scent is soothing and kind of old fashioned to me...as it was intended!

...something for everyone,LPMP magick :wub:

• 5 months later...

I would call this one "Classic Gentleman".

The clean, fresh, smart goto man for getting things done and taking counsel.

Clean, Fresh, Brisk smell for the daytime activities.

Great for work as it gives the "expert" vibe although its very subtle in the way it works.

It gives me more "vibes" than "hits".

I have used it often at night be it work or social, mixed with various pheromones.

I was a little surprised that a close female friend, whom i have worn this often since i got it, never commented on it (I always greet her with a hug) so i asked her "Do you like this scent i use?" without flinching she instantly replied "You always smell great".

Given that she has expensive tastes on a cheap day I was happy with that.

I also love how its long lasting and mellows out on my skin.

Also great for covering the stinkiest of pheromones.

Note this is really strong stuff, I rarely spray it but just dab it on.

2 sprays is ample for me.

Once again i thought the bottle smelled much better than the sample.

Edited by Pheroman

I would call this one "Classic Gentleman".

The clean, fresh, smart goto man for getting things done and taking counsel.

Clean, Fresh, Brisk smell for the daytime activities.

Great for work as it gives the "expert" vibe although its very subtle in the way it works.

It gives me more "vibes" than "hits".

This one smells great on my man.....like you say it is very clean and fresh. The pheros are good too....calming for me when he wears it......

Edited by Dolly

I just found this with a couple other sniffies from my last order. It is a very classic masculine scent. More classic than old-fashioned. If you are looking for a classic manly scent then add this to the list to try.

I think Pheroman's description is pretty accurate.

Like all of the masculine LPMP scents I have tried this one has a depth to it that you do not get with commercial mens colognes and is much much better than at least one niche mens cologne I have smelled downtown that has a similar scent theme.

I will let everyone know how the pheromone side works as I test this.

Edit: Mrs. QG had a long tough day at work. Usually this might involve a certain amount of "decompression" once she gets home. However, i got some food into her then sat down next to her. By the time she was done with dinner she seemed very relaxed and went to bed early.

Will continue to test.

Edited by quietguy

If I remember correctly, I believe I did a little tweaking to the Intellectual Man phero in this blend, adding either some extra Androstadienone or a touch of the B2 phero blend, (which is heavy on A-1 aka Androstadienone). I wanted to enhance the warm trusting vibe of Intellectual Man with the cozy, nurturing aspect of Androstadienone.

• 2 months later...

I gave a sample bottle of this to one of my good friends a few days ago, and he asked me for feedback when we went out to lunch today. A great way to describe this friend is as my Partner in Crime, and since I think I might be on my way to getting him hooked on LPMP scents as well, I'll call him that from this point on.

My Partner in Crime says he applied one spray (to the chest?) this morning and was overwhelmed by the smell. He doesn't wear colognes or scents at all, and he said he was afraid it was too strong. After the dry down, he says he really enjoyed the occasional whiff of smell goodness that he was getting from himself, but he was a little self conscious that it might smell too strong to others. I think he also had a little trepidation about using pheros around people at work, and he may have been even more self conscious looking for other people's reaction because he was wearing a scent and a phero.

I think the word he might have used was: subterfuge?

When we met in my cube to head out to lunch, I noticed something smelled nice, but didn't put 2 and 2 together and assume he was wearing a scent. When we stepped outside (it was super sunny and warm) I realized I was still smelling the "nice" and realized he was probably wearing one of the samples I gave him (he also got a sniffle of Attacked in the Stacks, I didn't know which scent one he was wearing yet).

As soon as we got in my car and closed the door, he turned to me and asked rather excitedly:

"How do I smell?!"

He smelled good!

It was very subtle, definitely clean, but also very spicey on him, with a tiny hint of musk. I wasn't sniffing all over him (we're friends, but not that kind of friends), but spicey is the best way that I can think of to describe how Dad smelled on him. He definitely seemed a little self conscious about it, but I must admit that I was super curious to see how far the throw was.

We went to lunch with another friend (male) whom we used to work with. My Partner in Crime sat across from me during the meal and I couldn't smell the Dad at all... We were probably about 4-5 feet apart? I smelled it strongest when we were walking together in the hall and on the stairs outside in the sin (2-3 feet apart), and on the occasional pleasant breeze with spice on it in the car... I really couldn't smell it at all outside of conversational distance. And again, it was a little spicey, but really blended well with whatever his natural odor is.

I think he definitely went a little light on the application, but overall, I think this is definitely a winner for him. He's in an interesting situation on his project where he's one of the guys on a team that has way more women (mostly managers) on it than any other project in our building. Almost the opposite of what my current work situation is. I'm usually the only woman on my teams, and have to deal with a bunch of dominant guys. My Partner in Crime is on a team with 4 or more women, and I get the impression he's having trouble being treated as a respected contributing member of the team.

I have a bunch of other scents coming for him, including the two scented Open Windows blends (and the Unscented Open Windows phero) and the Lap of Luxury (w/ Swimming with Sharks) that should be good for him in that environment...

That said, working on a team with so many female managers might make Dad for Men another interesting phero for him to use at work. As I assured him, it smelled really pleasant and wasn't remotely offensive. I don't know what kind of positive or negative effect this could have on his male co-workers (most of them seem to be typical Seattle area types... Nerdy, emo-ish guys. Not masculine at all), but the amount he seemed comfortable applying was very subtle, pleasant and seemed perfectly acceptable for a work environment.

I don't have to sit next to him all day, though. Don't know if it might become distracting for all the ladies near him...

Second hand experience, but I think Dad for Men is a winner for my Partner in Crime.

Edited by teacozy

Dad for men is definitely a nice manly musk.Its pretty strong on the musk and is balanced well by a touch of sandalwood and lavender.It smells the same on first application to the skin and after dry down unlike quite a few of the others ive tested.Its a pretty awesome scent and is quite addictive and relaxing.The musk,sandalwood and lavender seem to be the main notes of this scent and they compliment each other really well. ^_^ The other notes seem to be more as supporting notes since i cant really pick them out.This one makes for a great day scent that you could wear anywhere and anytime.I also think it would be a good work scent.The intellectual man pheromones in particular would be helpful in that aspect.From what ive tested, dad for men would be my go-to day scent even though my night scents have been dominated by LP homme and roberts attacked in the stacks.

Dad seems to be very calming with Mrs. QG.

However add in some <3 Throb at night and you get something else entirely.

Dad seems to be very calming with Mrs. QG.

However add in some <3 Throb at night and you get something else entirely.

Speaking as a woman, that makes a helluva lot of sense to me, QG! (Also makes me want to put a similar combo on Mr. Matt.) Rawrr. :)

This one is almost sold out, and is not one I can make again as it was very complicated and blended over several weeks. Pity, as it has turned out to be a favorite of the PheroTruth crowd. I intend to make a replacement for it in the coming weeks though...something different but with the same type of appeal. Thematically, I know Meng will like the title and intent. ;) Wait and see!

This one is almost sold out, and is not one I can make again as it was very complicated and blended over several weeks. Pity, as it has turned out to be a favorite of the PheroTruth crowd. I intend to make a replacement for it in the coming weeks though...something different but with the same type of appeal. Thematically, I know Meng will like the title and intent. ;) Wait and see!

That is a pity since its a pretty nice scent.Since you say i will like the title and intent of the new one though,i will be waiting very very impatiently :P Looking forward to it since anything you come up with is sure to smell awesome ^_^

That just plain evil!

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing I noticed about this formula is that every time I open a new bottle, 3 empty ones so far, at first it seem not as good, crisp and strong as the old one. Then after a week or so it smells like the bottle I just finished :huh:

They all came out of the same master bottle - only one brew edition. But what you are likely detecting is the oxidation process. Perfumes change when exposed to air. The more you use, the more airspace is in the bottle, and this subtly changes the scent over time.

They actually sell a product to the industry, a silicone spray that you can use to spray on top of oil to protect what's remaining in the bottle from exposure to the oxygen. I've never tried it...I'd rather allow the oils to age naturally, but there must be some kind of market for the stuff since it's out there.