Am I the only one that pheros have no effect on? either on yourself or those around you? I haven't had any kind of effects from any of the pheros. My OH doesn't react to them either other then saying I smell nice or 'ewww what's that smell' (this applies to any scents not just pheros or LPMP).

I've read so many reviews on here of experiences people have had and I'm wondering if pheros just don't work on me, I've worn them in public places, like shopping, picking my daughter up from school and also days like today when I visited my mother in law at her office where it's a more enclosed space and again no reaction from anybody, not even a 'oh you smell nice'.

Also do the scents last long on you all, like can you still smell it on yourself after a few hours, after 30 mins I get a faint whiff of scent and after an hour I can't smell anything unless I put my wrist to my nose and really huff and then it's only very faint. I'm thinking maybe my skin just can't hold scent and that's why I'm getting no reaction, the only scents so far that have a bit of staying power on me are LP red and smokey kisses.

I'll leave it to the Phero Gurus here to discuss that side of it (pheros, congruence, etc. etc.) but I'm wondering - where do you apply the oils? There's a great post or three around here that talks about body heat/diffusion/best locations for dispersing the scent/pheros....someone link me? OTOH, I've almost given up on my S.O. and phero effects...he is just a NON-reactor, as well as being a super-sniffer (like super tasters? his nose is WAY sensitive). Frustrating that.

I notice that here in the Desert Southwest my oil based scents lay VERY close to the skin due to the *total* lack of humidity...and they tend to sink into my skin as well. I try to use a moisturizer first (unscented) to make it last longer. Others have used other methods for having them last, layering with scented lotions, or even using the partial alcohol-mixed ones to get more "diffusion".

Also, Luna has also mentioned the phenomenon that once your nose accustoms itself to the scent being worn, it's like any other constant stimulus - it becomes 'background' noise...kwim?

hth a bit?

Scents are things we become accustomed to after wearing regularly. This is why you might notice someone who wears a specific scent regularly one day seems like they are swimming in it. They have gotten so used to the smell that they put on more because THEY can't smell it like they once did.

As for pheros, Mara (potion master) and I have discussed this several times. Some people don't seem to get any effect. Others get a lot of effect. I tend to adapt to ones and have to switch off what I wear in cycles because after a while they have no effect on me (though they may on others but I'm a rather solitary individual and it's rare that I'm interacting with people except at work which has a no scent policy and I don't wear pheros there because I work with mentally ill adults.)

So it is absolutely possible that phero blends have no effect on you. It could also be that you aren't wearing enough or haven't found your sweet spot as people call it. For me, I need at least 4 sprays of anything to notice the self-effects and even to notice anything when I have them on when I'm out on errands. So maybe you just need more. If you aren't doing sprays then the roll-ons tend to be more intimate and you don't get as much throw from them. The person has to be rather close to you to pick up on it.

Also I want to say this... when I first got into pheros, I think I didn't know what to expect really, and what to look for. Sure there are days where I wear a killer combo and I am getting out of this world crazy hits, but on day to day basis, I am looking at subtle changes, in myself and others.

And being able to identify these changes takes time.

My second point is that there are mixes that seem to not work for me, where I don't feel any self effects -I'm good with self effects-, while I read about people's great experience with the same mix. So there's really a process of finding what works for you. Just like it takes time to figure out what flatters your body type, what colors work with your skin tone etc. We're all unique.

Another thing I have found is that the carrier is usually super important. Scented mixes might give you more results than unscented version.

I like to wear a pretty generous dose of perfume oil, when I am wearing some, because my skin tends to eat up scents too, and finding spots that are better for difusion makes a big difference as well.

Hair can retain scents for a longer time, so can fabric.

It is possible that you are a non-responder,which would be sad :lol: ...but you should notice effects on others.Here is a post by Mara on application...also, go to the New Pheromone user forum and read Dolly's pinned post on "Phero Tips" I sure hope you find what works for you... I am having SO much fun with mine!

Oil aplication,Mara

I know what you mean.

It is extremely hard for me to find a -mone that hits. I just do not see the kinds of hits others report.

There is one -mone company whose products hit hard and consistently for me. So, they do work, you just need to find the right blend. It is really something to see a hit when you have gone through so many misses.

I have found that good quality social blends work fairly well for me. But the sexual hitters are few and far between. I believe my body chemistry is the problem.

I don't believe that I have ever experienced a self-effect.

It can be frustrating and expensive, but you have to experiment with different blends.

Edited by JAYCEE

I wasn't sure what effects I was ever really getting until Garland and Lace came out and I had 3 surgeries for a kidney stone problem as well as my usual migraines. Lace never failed to lift my spirits and provide very real pain relief for me. Cops don't give me huge self effects but help my guy in a very real way. I am still playing with lots of others but those two have been irrefutable for me. I have had a very friendly encounter with Captivation Equation too, but that one hasn't been repeated. I know it can be frustrating but it's fun to play with esp after you get a good response.

I don't think I saw any effects for a while. I mainly wore them at the gym because of my lifestyle and I'm really not around people much being that I'm a monk in training and all :censored: After realizing that the hit/miss factor at the gym was more of a pain in my butt than fun I decided to go straight for self-effects. Also, what do I care if some guy gets the mighty hard one during a workout next to me? Do I care? Unless it's my boyfriend (and being a monk in training I'm currently boyfriendless) then no. I do not care if my pheros give some random dude a thrill. In fact, being boyfriendless and all, I'm feeling more like it's the last thing I want to do. Now, I order oodles of the stuff that gives me a big :lol: and to hell with the rest of the population in general.

My current favorites are:

• Leather for feeling like a queen and not giving a damn what any of the minions think.
  • Lace for feeling relaxed and happy (joy to the world!) and even a little buzzed at times.
  • Heart & Soul for feeling peaceful, at ease, soothed and increasing my tolerance threshold for said minions.
  • Cougar for when I want to remember what it's like to feel sexy/horny and if I'm feeling devilish I might just wear it to tease the men.

Ones that are more for the effects on the other person (which ultimately benefits me because it makes them more enjoyable - how selfish am I ????):

• Open Windows - people are more fun with this
  • Treasured Hearts - the minions are much tamer with this or perhaps I'm a little nicer to them or maybe both?
  • OCCO/LAM/BAM- I'll admit that men can be much nicer when I'm wearing these but I really like them because Mara made them smell yummy and monks in training shouldn't really take advantage of horny men. :cry:

Ones that have yet to do a thing for me personally are:

• Alpha-nol (I thought it made me happy but apparently I was ACTUALLY happy that day and it wasn't the phero since I've yet to repeat that result)
  • beta-nol (who really wants to be a motor mouth?)
  • Dominance (unless I want to feel like I want to rip someone's head off this one is kinda lost on me... depends if the minions are pissing me off, otherwise I just feel plain old bitchy on it and, heck, that's most days anyway, hence the monk in training...)
  • EST (unless I'm adding it to tame dominance it's kind of useless on it's own, but if I had a boyfriend I'd probably spray the house with this stuff just for kicks - me loving minions and all)

Have but haven't even tried - Blatant Invitation, Cuddle Bunny, Sexology - kind of useless since I'm not in a rlshp and all...

Did I forget any? Probably. But I know I remembered most of the key ones, which are the ones I love.

Edited by starlitegirl

So far my experiences with pheromones have been...

1) There are a LOT of factors that can change the effects. Humidity, skin chemistry, time of the month, dosage, location, wind, mood, etc etc. Keep trying.

2) Pheros are not magic bullets. They do not alter the way anyone feels, but they can /enhance/ if there is already a feeling there. This goes for self-effects and effect on others.

3) Personally, I need time to adjust to pheros. I haven't liked any of the pheros right off the bat. But if I keep wearing them I do get used to them and start to see the results I am after.

4) Results vary. Your target audience may not get the message at all. And reactions may be subtle. For example, I was wearing a 'sexy' phero when I happened to walk by a coworker I normally think of as 'cute' and suddenly he was CUTE. Self-effects alert! But does he know that I thought this? No way! And I'm not going to tell him.

So keep trying, if you want. Otherwise keep in mind that regular scents can have very strong effects on people, in and of themselves. Lavendar can be calming, pumpkin is sexy, mint is envigorating, etc.

If you are finding that they disappear quickly - reapply! (Might want to ask around if people can smell you, just in case you are throwing off more than you think.) The upside of having to reapply is that you don't have to reapply the same scent. LP has definitely converted me into a happy scent mixer. Layers of scent. Giddy. Always interesting new combos to discover. :lol:

Edited by Isa

I have not noticed huge hits with phero's so far either, but I am still learning as well. I have have not lost hope yet because I noticed a huge drastic hit for me with B2. During my monthly, I have loads of trouble sleeping I get really aggitated. B2 knocks me out, quite literally. I can fall alseep in seconds. So I do know the effects exist. So far, I have only seen others respond to Cops, but those tend to give me a headache. Shrug, like the others have said, I keep trying. I know I have to be more observant of those around me while I wear them,too.

Yes, it does often take a lot of trial and error before you find what works and what doesn't work for you.....if the ones you are trying in oil are not working for you, maybe you could try one of the beta sprays.....sprays hit hard and fast, oils are more "personal space" type products....

And, as had been said above, don't expect to get big dramatic hits.....look for subtle changes in the way people act towards you.....small reactions are most of what you will get......

As far as scents lasting, some scents will last, and sometimes your skin will "eat" certain scents.....sometimes, you can prolong it by applying an unscented lotion first, you can put some on a cotton ball and tuck it in your bra, or use a scent locket.....

I'm going to keep trying with the pheros, I've found a scent that has staying power on me and that's fallen angel, I put a tiny amount on and when my OH came home from walking the dog he said it was very overpowering. Then fast forward 4 hours later on the way to the playpark with our little girl and he said it still smelt very strong on me :)

Thank you all for the tips, I had read the stickies and other tips on how to apply ,I was a bit nervous about applying too much so I was just sweeping once, from my navel up and around my cleavage, my neck(front and back) and my arms, I'm going to try adding more see if that makes a difference.

I didn't consider the beta sprays as alcohol just doesn't work on me, I've got alot of perfume from a company called enchanted and the roll on oils are fine for me but the alcohol sprays just react badly with my skin and make the scent change into something I don't like, again it doesn't last very long on me either.

I wasn't too bothered about the pheros working on other people other then from a social viewpoint, I don't have any friends around here and I think people are a bit wary of me because of how I look i.e not like any of them so I was hoping something like open windows might help make me seem more approachable if that makes sense? The sex/lust pheros I've tried I was hoping to have a bit of fun with the OH but he doesn't react to any of them.

This is what I've tried so far and got no effects from;

Romance in bloom w/ blatant invitation

Open windows

Cuddle bunny

Cougar

Phero girl

Beth's blushing milkmaid

Mara's rocket fuel

Occo red

Eternal chain

Happy ending

Garland & lace

Magnet pink amber

The only one that may have worked is focus pocus, I put some on before I did a big load of university work and I got it all done without the usual stress and panic that I'm not going to get it finished but that was only once and I've worn it since and not had a similar effect. Even if none of the pheros work on me it doesn't matter there are sooo many yummy scents it doesn't matter if it does anything other then have me go MMMMMM I smell fantastic! lol

I'm going to keep trying with the pheros, I've found a scent that has staying power on me and that's fallen angel, I put a tiny amount on and when my OH came home from walking the dog he said it was very overpowering. Then fast forward 4 hours later on the way to the playpark with our little girl and he said it still smelt very strong on me :)

Thank you all for the tips, I had read the stickies and other tips on how to apply ,I was a bit nervous about applying too much so I was just sweeping once, from my navel up and around my cleavage, my neck(front and back) and my arms, I'm going to try adding more see if that makes a difference.

I didn't consider the beta sprays as alcohol just doesn't work on me, I've got alot of perfume from a company called enchanted and the roll on oils are fine for me but the alcohol sprays just react badly with my skin and make the scent change into something I don't like, again it doesn't last very long on me either.

I wasn't too bothered about the pheros working on other people other then from a social viewpoint, I don't have any friends around here and I think people are a bit wary of me because of how I look i.e not like any of them so I was hoping something like open windows might help make me seem more approachable if that makes sense? The sex/lust pheros I've tried I was hoping to have a bit of fun with the OH but he doesn't react to any of them.

Open windows

Cuddle bunny

Cougar

Phero girl

Beth's blushing milkmaid

Mara's rocket fuel

Occo red

Eternal chain

Happy ending

Garland & lace

Magnet pink amber

The only one that may have worked is focus pocus, I put some on before I did a big load of university work and I got it all done without the usual stress and panic that I'm not going to get it finished but that was only once and I've worn it since and not had a similar effect. Even if none of the pheros work on me it doesn't matter there are sooo many yummy scents it doesn't matter if it does anything other then have me go MMMMMM I smell fantastic! lol

Open Windows is a really great social mix, and it will make you seem more approachable, but it has to get "out there".....try really loading it on and see what happens! Or, you can get some unscented in alcohol and spray it in your hair......it is really great, but it needs to diffuse

BTW, I had the same issues with alcohol-based perfumes in the past, but it is potentially just the TYPE of alcohol they use.....I use Mara's sprays with NO ISSUES whatsoever.....

Open windows

Cuddle bunny

Cougar

Phero girl

Beth's blushing milkmaid

Mara's rocket fuel

Occo red

Eternal chain

Happy ending

Garland & lace

Magnet pink amber

It's interesting that you're not getting effects with these - some of these are the most powerful I've experienced. (btw, most of these are among my favorites! If you are looking to trade away bottles of any, check out my tradepost and email me- I've got unlisted hoarded stuff I might be willing to trade :) )

Edited by tyvey

Actually, I think I'm seeing what might be the issue. The pheros you seem to be using are generally the monthly amped ones that Mara makes. Those are a chance to get a nice scent with a sample of the phero in there, but it's 1/3 strength which is why they're only $30 since the pheros are rather pricey. Rocket Fuel, Magnet and maybe phero girl are the only ones that are full strength if I'm remembering correctly. RF might actually be stronger than full strength. Not sure but I know it was higher than the average monthly amped blend. Open Windows looks like the only one that would be full strength. Cuddle bunny if it's not the scented one would be also.

So I think what's happening is that you're not getting effects because your getting low dosages of them. You'd have to put on a lot to get effects and they may wear off with time as you become accustomed to them. They do with me. Garland and Lace gave me self-effects initially but not for more than a month. Cougar doesn't even touch me. But like I said earlier, I need four or more sprays to notice effects. Roll-ons where more like covering my neck/chest area and down between my cleavage. I get much stronger effects with sprays than roll-ons.

I think you need to pick one you think you really want to give a shot and go for the UNscented version and apply a lot around key areas where you would get some self-effects (neckline and between cleavage) or if targeting others I'd say pulse points (wrists, neckline, between cleavage and if you talk with your hands a lot the back of them or back of your wrists would be great also). Pick a phero that would best suit the situation for which you want to use it and that is most likely to give you the best hits... like OW for social settings or even just when you're around people.

I'll try loading it on like you suggested Dolly, maybe I'm not putting enough on. I'll have to save up for my next order and try an alcohol spray, hopefully it will do the trick, but what strength would you recommend 1x, 2x or 3x?.

Tyvey - I haven't tried all of them in public, particularly the more sexual ones, so it could just be that my OH doesn't react to them. Most of them aren't full bottles just samples but I put a lot on, I tried just a few dabs then I kept increasing until I was using 1/3 of a sample bottle, I probably will be trading most of my samples as my bottle collection grows.

Starlight - I didn't realise the scented ones weren't as strong, I'll have to try slapping on alot more of them and I'll use a lot of OW next time I'm going to be around people.

Thank you everyone for all your advice, I'll let you know how I get on :(

I'll try loading it on like you suggested Dolly, maybe I'm not putting enough on. I'll have to save up for my next order and try an alcohol spray, hopefully it will do the trick, but what strength would you recommend 1x, 2x or 3x?.

Well, I would start with the 1X first.....that way, you will start to get a better idea of how much you need to use to get effects.....if you need more, you can just increase the number of sprays.....

Starlight - I didn't realise the scented ones weren't as strong, I'll have to try slapping on alot more of them and I'll use a lot of OW next time I'm going to be around people.

Thank you everyone for all your advice, I'll let you know how I get on :)

I didn't realize it either until recently, and I've been doing labels with Mara for many months now. :blushing: I knew they weren't as strong, but it was only recently when someone was asking about the strength that it sunk in.