Sexiest scent notes on a man?

tezza23

I've read a few of the women here giving feedback on the way the LP potions smell on their man (or men!). Which is very helpful, to me as a man with a not-well-trained nose. Thank you.

What I'm asking about here, is not which particular potions you prefer, but which elements of a potion smell sexy to you. Is there a commonality between ones that you like? A particular note or notes in common? Two which seem to keep coming up are tobacco and vanilla. Any others?

Edited by tezza23

I like a bit of musk. The kind of musk depends on the chemistry of the guy. My current boyfriend can only handle a lighter white or skin type musk but other guys before him could totally do a red or black resiny type musk

Subscribing. Strictly for scientific purposes.

Well yeah, Tobaccy & 'Nilla. But I like a little mahagony or other woods in the background. I like oudh, used judiciously.

I am a big florals fan - manly florals that smell tres sexy on DH: Lavender, Violet, Jasmine (specifically Sambac), Carnation.

Sharp, tart berry notes like currant are good too.

I know you specifically said you're not looking for potion recommendations but I've said it a million times before & will say it again: EVIL IN CARNATION!!

I think Q&Q's Delicious Wood would be just FABULOUS on any guy as well regardless of chemistry

Subscribing. Strictly for scientific purposes.

:)

Oh Science, you are so helpful!

Tobacco (different kinds although my favorites are blond tobacco and cigar accords), resins, woods, musks, some green, dirt and stone notes, spices, anise, citrus, dark gourmand notes, liquors (but especially scotch and bourbon)...anything which makes me think male but what I really love is the scent of wicked man which is what Down & Dirty for Him is.

Edited by luna65

Hmmm....green, dirt, stone, & citrus musks are my faves on my husband. His skin chemistry does horrid things to even masculine florals. Examples of these nummy notes are ; 1. LP #9(citrus musk), 2.Woodland Man(green), 3. Thane(stone)

Whoops, I forget leather! Leather is very very very sexy. Actually the only scent family I don't like on a man is aquatics (but then again I can't deal with aquatic notes in general).

I think Q&Q's Delicious Wood would be just FABULOUS on any guy as well regardless of chemistry

Down and Dirty is on sale. If it's still in stock when I get paid next, I'll get Wood and get Down and Dirty with it.

Thanks for the responses, it helps narrow things down. I find it interesting that Lavender gets a mention. In the garden of the house where I grew up we had lavender growing like weeds, I like that smell.

Edited by tezza23

Down and Dirty is on sale. If it's still in stock when I get paid next, I'll get Wood and get Down and Dirty with it.

:) & Sprayed Iced tea all over screen !!! :)

Depends on the man of course! I tend to love Vanilla, Tobacco, Bourbon and my all time favorite is Leather.

Some men carry those scents more confidently the others, so they work better.

I've always preferred some Wood on my man..... :)

Seriously, I love woody & somewhat green scents, especially on the DH. Woodland Man & him.....OMG!

I'll get Wood and get Down and Dirty with it.

Ah that never gets old...

Those two represent my secret agenda to make men smell the way I want them to. :)

• 1 month later...

For a person who's extremely picky about wearing aquatics, I go insane with them on a guy. There's just something about natural man musk mixing with aquatics (my first man-love in a bottle was Davidoff Cool Water) that just screams SEX.

Apparently I like the scent of chocolate on a man too...LOL Mark's Girl Nip kicks it! LOL

Apparently I like the scent of chocolate on a man too...LOL Mark's Girl Nip kicks it! LOL

Whoohoo! :great: Another satisfied customer. I'm amazed at the responses I get wearing this all by itself with no phero assistence (Just be sure to shake the bottle well). Mara, you are a GENIUS! Thank you for an incredible scent.

I also love wearing it and even though I already own 3 bottles intend to hoard a few more just because... :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

For a person who's extremely picky about wearing aquatics, I go insane with them on a guy. There's just something about natural man musk mixing with aquatics (my first man-love in a bottle was Davidoff Cool Water) that just screams SEX.

Second That! Anyone else remember Preferred Stock? That real brisk lavender is just ummm in Dad also. I've said it before & I'll say it again anything spicy on a man...just trips my trigger ( think Old Spice type ) I swear I used to steal my dad's Old Spice & wear it, just to have the scent near me all day!

ETA: As I ist here I've been slathering Sugared Patchouli & I'm sure this is something that would smell great on a man as well....

Edited by Beccah1

Oh it does...even if I have to chase the woobie around a bit to get him to wear it. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Cocoa absolute is a wonderful note on a man, I agree, although the only time I've tried it so far on Quince was to have him wear BPAL's Tezcallipoca, which is omgsexyum. He runs away from the others. *pout*

Edited by luna65

Oh it does...even if I have to chase the woobie around a bit to get him to wear it. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Cocoa absolute is a wonderful note on a man, I agree, although the only time I've tried it so far on Quince was to have him wear BPAL's Tezcallipoca, which is omgsexyum. He runs away from the others. *pout*

Patchouli just has a masculine aura to my nose, maybe because it evokes getting oh so dirty, hehe. The sugared here doesn't take away a bit of the masculinity either.

Second That! Anyone else remember Preferred Stock? That real brisk lavender is just ummm in Dad also. I've said it before & I'll say it again anything spicy on a man...just trips my trigger ( think Old Spice type ) I swear I used to steal my dad's Old Spice & wear it, just to have the scent near me all day!

Stop triggering inappropriate fantasies while I'm supposed to be doing an assload of work, Beccah. :D

I so agree with the lavender, a more potent/herbal lavender (especially when mixed with an aquatic--ummmmm) may not be something I can pull off but on a man it's just damnnn....and I second the Old Spice also.

Guest icing

I really like pepper and leather combos.

Wood and amber scents are nice too, but I really love leather.

I even... will confess to really, really loving/adoring the Axe Instinct shower gel.

...and....... I'm in the minority, but Old Spice makes me want to run screaming (in the opposite direction). :D

Edited by icing

Probably my favorite scent ever on a man is the now long-lost Tino Cosma: top notes of bergamot, lavender & sage, middle notes of nutmeg, galbanum, ylang-ylang, base notes of sandalwood, cedar & musk. Lots of classic in there right? It was basically the perfect men's scent IMO.

Edited by tyvey

Hmmm...I like all scent notes, really, in the right combinations. I think men ought to stretch out a little from the typical. Warm notes like vanilla and sandalwood are great, but I love florals as well - especially jasmin and lavender. Sometimes rose.

Tobacco trips my trigger...mix it up with somewarm notes and I am all over it.

Ah hell, who am I trying to fool...I just like smelling men!

Hmmm...I like all scent notes, really, in the right combinations. I think men ought to stretch out a little from the typical. Warm notes like vanilla and sandalwood are great, but I love florals as well - especially jasmin and lavender. Sometimes rose.

Ah hell, who am I trying to fool...I just like smelling men!

Amen!

Probably my favorite scent ever on a man is the now long-lost Tino Cosma: top notes of bergamot, lavender & sage, middle notes of nutmeg, galbanum, ylang-ylang, base notes of sandalwood, cedar & musk. Lots of classic in there right? It was basically the perfect men's scent IMO.

That galbanum note is throwing me! I have a bottle of the EO in my kit & on it's own it smells like when you pull a weed in the garden & it breaks apart.....

*purr* Me too!

Harkening back to Ye Olde Smellies of Yore, the two I remember as ur-Male for me were English Leather and Jovan Musk for Men...I was telling Mara a while back that I really imprinted on the latter in terms of what I thought a guy should smell like (other than himself, that is).

Edited by luna65

• 2 weeks later...

Ah yes, lavender on men...the more robust kind, not the soft feminine kind...now that's hot. Lavender+aquatics on a guy would probably be sexy as hell.

Lime! Bay leaf. Woods. Musk. Leather. Allspice. Rum. Mmmmmmm.

Maybe oakmoss.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I really like the scent of vertiver on me. Eau de Savauge is my all time favorite of non-pheromone colognes.

I do remember REAL musk and would love to get some in a sophisticated blend with a load of A-none. That, a clean shirt, a fresh-pressed suit, polished wingtips, and an expendible bankroll and I'd be ready for some serious lady-killin'.

Welcome Whitehall! I'd have to agree, kitted up like that: a good-smellin', well dressed guy would be tough to resist! :-) (Big Vetiver fan here too, a la Guerlain's OLD formulation).

Welcome Whitehall! I like musk on a man, not too animalic though... a light touch of vetiver is nice, as well. I love vanilla and leather - yum!... Steamy Daydreams is how I wish my guy smelled all the time!

So, ladies, what is the sexiest pheromone mix from LP for a man?

I've ordered trial sizes of Ambruscade and Dirty Old Man based on the very poetic product descriptions.

Did I miss any great ones? Note that my normal go-to pheromone product is NPA.