Carolyn's Man Nip

tyvey

• 3 weeks later...

I can't quite describe this. I didn't like it so much in the vial but tried it anyway and it started off ok on my skin but then changed into something else that I just can't explain. It reminds me very strongly of something from my childhood but I can't put my finger on what it is. I can definitely smell the raspberry though. This one, for me, dries down into something not offensive but more like a room fragrance.

Wowee, can't wait for my sample!! {crosses fingers}

Mara, if I ordered this boosted with EoW, do you think it would cover decently?

And if I recall correctly - to do that, I would :

- order a bottle of this, and then

- 'order' an EoW boost (second item on PE page), listing this fragrance as the one being boosted?

I'm certain I saw this asked & answered elsewhere but can't find for life of me.

Easier way....just go to this page:

http://lovepotionperfume.com/store/Pheromone_Blends.html

scroll down to:

Add Pheromones to any Love Potion® Fragrance

There's an option there to "Add EoW Copulins only", which adds only $5 to the price of the perfume.

Then you fill in the name of the fragrance in the following section:

Add this to the following fragrance:

all in one step!

Yeah, I think it would be fine for a boost, as long as you remember to give yourself the 10 minute dry-down time. :)

I have! The lavender is not quite as pronounced (bright) as in the combo, but it has much the same feel.

I knew you would have tried it. LOL. Does it compare more to Garland and Lace V1 or V2. I am guessing V2

Actually it smells more like v1 to me. I have v2 and it is stronger on the spice than v1.

ZOMG, ZOMG, Now I am chasing my tail in circles, trying not to pee on the floor! Hope my package gets here tomorrow!!! I haven't even smelled my own PE yet.

I tried my sample last night and this is a wonderful, spicy scent on me. I think I'll be holding it for fall/winter. I don't detect much lavender or the bit of berry on my skin, which I was kind-of hoping for. I may give this one a try with some Body Paint!

I haven't even smelled my own PE yet.

It is fabulous!

But onto the Nip ( :) )...I agree with C that the pumpkin pie aspect is more like the original verison of G&L. The lavender to me has a sort of sweet perfume-y aura, I think because there's vanilla added in. Beyond its' obvious charms I think it would make a great sleepytime scent too.

Edited by luna65

YAY I'm wearing this today! At first it is VERRRRRY sweet and the lavender is very floral, not soapy at ALL... almost like a candied lavender you'd get on a dessert. It's creamy and on me the ginger is there but just as a flavoring, a touch, not spicy or hot ... and there's a hint of vanilla ... but none of the other notes, which is strange as I usually amp spices like mad, but not strange in the case of the pumpkin which my skin eats. Not what I expected, but *delicious*.

ETA I CANNOT STOP SMELLING MYSELF... I KEEP GETTING WAFTS OF CREAMY GINGERY LAVENDERY GOODNESS & THEN PLUNGING MY FACE INTO MY ELBOW... It doesn't *smell* like them, but has the same enticing, intriguing, unique, blooming complexity of Egg 2009, 21st Century Venus, Journey of the Goddess... swoon.

Edited by tyvey

Yummy - just a whiff of the sample makes me purr. On me it's spicy pumpkin, I think this will be great in the fall, and with cops added. I think I should add cops to everything I get!

Edited by perfumesniffer

I am amping the pumpkin pie spices to the point that I can't smell anything else. Waaah. I got the lavendar and berry in the bottle. Must try again another day. Something seems to be off with me today

On me this is buttery and creamy fresh-baked pumpkin pie in a cloud of lavender. The lavender isn't the sharp herbal kind, but soft and sensual. There was something else I couldn't place till I looked at the note list again and saw raspberry in there. I love it, unfortunately my mother hates it; she snapped at me that I smelled like tobacco and "if you want to smell like a man then go ahead!" Wha......

• 1 month later...

I get pumpkin & lots of spices wet......drying down more of the silky vanilla-lavender comes in. I can't smell any raspberry at all, and that's a good thing. Raspberry & I usually don't get along. Love to eat them, but they go weird on my skin. My bottle came from a trade with Tyvey & it's amped with EOW. Gotta tell you, it covers beautifully. You get the EOW sharpness wet (but only those who know EOW would be able to detect it) but it dries down beautifully & undetectably.

I think I'd be able to wear this all year (unless it's an unbearably hot day). It's spicy & foody, but not as fall-like & heavy as say Spontaneous Combustion or Jo Anna's shades of Warmth.

I'm wearing this to the band gig next Saturday night with either Leather or Lace. We'll see how my musical boys like it :)

So sad I had to trade because my skin has decided to FA REAK OUT at the mere approach of cinnamon lately :'( but so happy you like it PL... we seem to have really similar tastes & skin :) I too didn't get any raspberry at all which was good as it also goes plasticky on me.

Probably my favorite feature of this is how well the lavender works with everything else -- you know how lavender can sometimes be very separatist and stand up among ingredients and shout 'EVERYBODY BACK UP OFF ME!!' at the other notes - it totally doesn't do that in this mix -- it is in happy harmony and I think maybe even ties everything together.

This blend is also unusual to me in that you really can't peg it -- you don't go "oh, I can only wear this at night", or in a certain season, or whatever - it's SO versatile... sophisticated and grown up enough for work, fun for going out, a bit seductive for playtime...

As for its EoW-covering abilities, I didn't get even the initial sharpness -- one of the best covers I think I've ever tried -- the only one I can think of that might be even more 'invisibly' covering is AVV, at least for me.

Exactly! Everything blends so well together & becomes more than the sum of it's parts. When I say the EOW is a bit "Sharp" in the beginning, it's just something that I notice. The Occo's do it too. I guess I've been using EOW so long that I can just pick it up wet. It's not offensive & probably no one else that I come in contact with would pick it up.

I wore this last night when DH & I stepped out for a cocktail & about an hour into the night I got "You REALLY smell good!". You have to understand, I usually have to ask DH's opinion of any scent I wear. The convo usually goes something like:

Me - "I have a new one on. Do I smell good?

DH - "You always smell good dear."

Me - :lol:

So for him to announce, unprompted that I really smell good (for the first time for any LP), is a major scientific breakthrough for Mara.

Finally!!!!!

I may have to buy gallons of this stuff!!!!!!

I wore this last night when DH & I stepped out for a cocktail & about an hour into the night I got "You REALLY smell good!". You have to understand, I usually have to ask DH's opinion of any scent I wear. The convo usually goes something like:

Me - ;)

So for him to announce, unprompted that I really smell good (for the first time for any LP), is a major scientific breakthrough for Mara.

Finally!!!!!

Are we married to the same man?

Or perhaps twins...DH is a Gemini...

I only tried this briefly,it was "nice" but kinda soft on me ...

I Can Not Keep Up!

Now it is so much stronger,or maybe my nose was overwhelmed ...as usual... Anyway I like this a lot,and look forward to a male appreciation encounter soon ;)

Edited by Calii

Are we married to the same man?

Or perhaps twins...DH is a Gemini...

No, I'm married to a Leo that is almost a Virgo (August 19th), and a Scandinavian to boot. I'm Scandinavian too, but thank Goddess I have some Irish thrown in so I'm not so serious.

Me - :lol:

Finally!!!!!

@ Pony & PGL I always get 'Ive smelled that before' <_< I hardly ever get told how great I smell :cry:

This is why Q and I had a long talk about validation and the kind we each like to receive. I made it very clear to him that I don't need to be told I'm pretty or anything like that, but I do want to be told I smell wonderful, unless it's something he honestly doesn't like. But if he really likes it, then I want the glomping and the pouncing and the NOM NOM NOM.

Of course, he has to huff me first to give me the proper reaction...:lol:

This is why Q and I had a long talk about validation and the kind we each like to receive. I made it very clear to him that I don't need to be told I'm pretty or anything like that, but I do want to be told I smell wonderful, unless it's something he honestly doesn't like. But if he really likes it, then I want the glomping and the pouncing and the NOM NOM NOM.

Of course, he has to huff me first to give me the proper reaction... :666:

Time to have that conversation with TT.....but I need him to make with the pretty's also, lol. You have great insights Luna!

I think I need to have that talk also.....

Wearing this one Saturday night for my Floyd tribute boys (did I mention that it's EOW boosted :666: ) layered with Leather I think. They're playing in my neighborhood bar & I feel like some mischief.......

Edited by paganlady

Tried this again last night just sitting home & got JUMPED! For the record, I was doing this in the name of science. I wanted to make sure the first compliments were not cocktail induced. It seems not! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was nervous about trying this because lavender and I don't get along so well...but I finally got a sample and tried it out this weekend and YUM!! I really really like it! I may have to add a bottle of this to my collection...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm getting a dark carmelized spicy sugar with a shadowy alter ego of soapy lavendar. (full disclosure - lavendar and I usually aren't on good terms, but I keep trying.) To my shock, my husband (who usually prefers light, simple, conventional scents) said he really liked this! He said it was "very mysterious".

Huh.

Even though I'm not totally on board with it myself, Carloyn's Man Nip delivers the goods.

Edited by rinster

• 5 months later...

I really love the idea of this - lavender is one of my favourite notes, and I've learnt to appreciate pumpkin scents over the years, so I was really looking forward to trying this blend.

The lavender adds a slight edge to the butteriness of the pumpkin, which predominates on my skin. It's a very interesting mix, and the two actually mesh quite well together. It is very sweet, but not so much that it turns cloying. I think this might be more of a cold weather scent for me.