Alleviate/Fuel my neurotic tendencies...

Since I'm still fairly new here, I have a question. I did try to search but couldn't come up with anything definitive. How do you ladies decide what to hoard or what NOT to delay ordering? My influx (more like a trickle) of $$ comes once a month and that is soooo not good for this new addiction.

I'll see something I might wanna try for the fall or something but then there will only be like, 10 left!!

I know the LP's are permanent but how do you tell what else is or what new ones may likely be permanent? Also, does anyone else freak out thinking that full size bottles may be sold out by the time your sample arrives, lovingly transported by fairies and occasionally gnomes?? (that's the way I like to think my orders arrive. is much more funnerer)

Since I'm still fairly new here, I have a question. I did try to search but couldn't come up with anything definitive. How do you ladies decide what to hoard or what NOT to delay ordering? My influx (more like a trickle) of $$ comes once a month and that is soooo not good for this new addiction.

I'll see something I might wanna try for the fall or something but then there will only be like, 10 left!!

I know the LP's are permanent but how do you tell what else is or what new ones may likely be permanent? Also, does anyone else freak out thinking that full size bottles may be sold out by the time your sample arrives, lovingly transported by fairies and occasionally gnomes?? (that's the way I like to think my orders arrive. is much more funnerer)

Well if you'd like to gauge how quickly bottles are flying. You could always add a ridiculous amount of bottles to the cart periodically ( making sure to delete them before you move along). The cart will say 'I'm sorry but we only have _ bottles available, & you'll have your answer.

This is really a hard one to answer,if a new release has everything in it you know you like and lots and lots are replying ohhhhh yeah baaybee,I am all over that...you might want to order a bottle :10_small16:

ETA: on the freaking out part...but of course :D

Edited by Calii

Ehhh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. LPMP seems to be constantly coming up with kewl stuff. It's like buses, you miss one another will be along soon :lol:

This is true, and there's always the Trading Post if you miss something.

LPMP seems to be constantly coming up with kewl stuff.

So true and it's what I keep repeating as I sob myself to sleep over the latest impossible-to-get GGG that I've fallen in love with

It's like buses, you miss one another will be along soon :lol:

Funny I've always been told men are the same way :lol:

*snerk and wink* at tyvey...

Yeah, I used to be that way too...panic at the thought I might miss something or, only have ONE SINGLE WHOLE BOTTLE of "x" potion. (Admittedly I do still occasionally think it) there IS always something new, delectable and collectible! Hang in there...breathe... Failing that, the cart trick does work to see "CURRENT STOCK" which is not always COMPLETE AND FINAL stock, mind you. Things get replaced occasionally, or bottles set aside then put back into circulation.

Very good point Katz. Another way to look at it is this. With the availability of all the new scents every month, & that fact that stock is rotating. It prevents us from getting into a 'fragrance rut'.

Yeah, it kills some of us, and that is why we hoard.....LOL.....just bear in mind that, in general, unless we beg and plead enough for them to re-brew a scent, in most cases, they just don't. And, another thing to remember is that even re-brews can smell slightly different due to variations in the scent components....for instance, Mara has stated that some scent components can change from year to year, even when they are purchased from the same suppliers.....

*sobs* IT'S LIKE BEANIE BABIES ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!! Except this time, my obsession is not silly... ;P

I just had a vision of LP's in big rubbermaid containers in the attic like the kids beanie babies... :D

I wish I had that many LP's!!!! They sure wouldn't be in the attic...

Does anyone else ever find themselves going thru the dresser drawer you've devoted to them & stroking the bottles saying 'My preciousssss'.....?

Does anyone else ever find themselves going thru the dresser drawer you've devoted to them & stroking the bottles saying 'My preciousssss'.....?

OH ABSOLUTELY! I have shelves AND a drawer......sometimes I just go look at them.....LOL

You guys just crack me up :10_small16:

ummm,guess I am the only one then who keeps their preciouses <oh yeah thats a word> in their very own Sentry fire safe.

I do visit them often,not sure I am going to admit to stroking...maybe verbal :)

My children & I take out the goodies and go 'ohh' and "ahh" .... then "smell this"

Edited by JOC

My children & I take out the goodies and go 'ohh' and "ahh" .... then "smell this"

My 3 yr.old sees me deciding on my scent of the day & says 'I want to smell something'. Which leads to a lot of him grabbing for what he can & me balancing getting it back w/out throwing him into a fit. At times I've had to sacrificed a not so well loved LP ( @ least until naptime). Now I just keep the empty bottles as decoys, lol.

My 3 yr.old sees me deciding on my scent of the day & says 'I want to smell something'. Which leads to a lot of him grabbing for what he can & me balancing getting it back w/out throwing him into a fit. At times I've had to sacrificed a not so well loved LP ( @ least until naptime). Now I just keep the empty bottles as decoys, lol.

We have 3 containers. Pheros & spell potions in one, heavier ones (musk, honey, honey) in another and light flora ones for the kids. They are not allowed to try anything from the pheros/spell box no matter how nice they smell. They will get their bottles soon so they are happy with this arrangement. At least for now!

Ah I'm so glad my son really doesn't give a hoot about perfume, except he does like the body bubbles, especially if it's a foody scent.

• 4 months later...

5 months later .....

My daughter has her own box of smellies while my son keeps his 3 bottles in my box. My daughter always ask if I have new bottles coming and she would ask for a bottle each time I receive my order.

BTW, I do take my spare bottles out to 'play' with. Okay, I rearrange them, smell them and stroke them but I don't talk to them.

absolutely! Of course i am a LOTR Nerd to the extreme. I have my name in Sindarian on my ankle.

• 2 weeks later...