Thane

liz

Mara, very interesting detail about celebs and their perfumes. Makes me think even less of all the pimping that goes on especially when some of the scents aren't even that nice or are so very close to others.

About wearing colognes and perfumes: I have noticed in the last several years that it seems to have become less common to wear them than in the past. I've also noticed a lot of 'no scent' policies popping up at different places. My work is one of them and my former college had an office that had a no scent policy

Very well put Starlight:) I can understand the no scent policy to an extent. I couldn't go near commercial fragrance, when I was pregnant. I remember working with this woman who use to douse herself, I would throw up so much! The second time I wasn't as nauseated. I tried a sample of Paris Hilton, big mistake!

OMG PM, have you seen the home shopping networks & how they pimp these fragrances as the celebs 'signature scent' hilarious! Especially, as I doubt even you have a 'signature' scent. Definitely, a fragrance signature. One specific scent?

This is just a guess...but I'm willing to bet Mara's signature scent is Love Potion Red.

lol @ Luna, I meant I doubt she has just one specific personal scent & that she never wears anything. As QVC was trying to lead me to believe about JLo, & her MyGlow fragrance Ha! Show me a woman that only wears one fragrance, & I'll show you a man that doesn't have any 'naughty' items lurking about his castle :Polar-Kiss:

Ah okay. :Polar-Kiss:

Well, my mom is an example of a "one-fragrance woman" mostly. Occasionally she might wear something different but for years it's been Paloma Picasso. I have tried to get her interested in artisan perfumes but she says she doesn't like any of them. *sigh*

• 6 months later...

Thane... when I first sniffed this one on my skin, I got a visual image of a sailboat, in bright sunlight on blue water, sails bellied out with the breeze, heeled over to one side, moving fast, foam at the bow. I'm not sure where that came from but I think it must be the salt spray scent, somehow it made me think of Sydney Harbour. (Does anyone else get the LPMP scents evoking memories or images like this??) There's also the steel in there and something almost sweet I can't identify. Overall it's a sort of sharp, bracing, "Brrrr!" scent, that makes me want to go conquer something. Be a good one for work I think, especially in a high-powered environment, where you're aggressive or competitive. "Plunder their women, rape the houses, burn their gold! Or something!"

:lol:

Tezza, you are PRICELESS!

My BF is writing a Viking novel, so I gave this to him to wear for inspiration.

The forum ladies designed this one last summer - they did a great job on picking the notes, yeah?

:lol:

Tezza, you are PRICELESS!

My BF is writing a Viking novel, so I gave this to him to wear for inspiration.

The forum ladies designed this one last summer - they did a great job on picking the notes, yeah?

Yes, it is a good one. Seems to fade (on me at least) after 6 hours into something sweet, but then, that's what my skin seems to do to everything. :lol:

Still the edge of the salt there. I am rather liking this one.

Edit: It's winter here in Sydney right now, but this would be a good hot-weather scent. Stinking hot Sydney Summer would be the perfect time to wear something with a bit of sea spray and brrr! to it.

Edited by tezza23

I KNOW, me too! I love that video! And it taught me the words to the song finally! :lol:

*exactly* - I was just telling my co-worker the same thing!

On Topic: LP's really do invoke scent-memory, some directly to a place/time...some just put me "into" a good place which is imaginary. Some? Just feel like as second skin. "This *is* me."

The kittens sing, "We are your overlords". Yes, kittens are the overlords of most of the LP community it seems :D

Whaddaya mean?!

/adjusts collar and leash...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Fresh and strong. Very masculine.

A daytime fragrance, the oak sits in the background and lets the more watery notes come through. On my skin the granite and steel are pretty much the featured notes, cold and sharp. Maybe a little leather would have helped out with adding a little warmth without being incongruent with the rest.

Steel and stone are definitely notes that should be used more often in men's fragrances though, especially the steel.

This is most certainly an office friendly fragrance if you're one of the unfortunate souls that works in an office or wear this when going for a walk with your ladylove on the beach . It matches the environment and next time you wear Thane you will bring those moments back.

• 4 months later...

Many have already commented on the scent itself, so I will speak more to my impressions of it (and put in a bid to have it if not permanent at least re-brewed from time to time)

This is an excellent office-wear scent, with a "solidness" to it. A strong, leaderly, no-nonsense air to it of someone who has just come in from wrestling with the sea on a ship, or from the battlefield. Someone not afraid to get their hands dirty and come out the winner. As tezza23 wrote earlier in this thread : "Overall it's a sort of sharp, bracing, "Brrrr!" scent, that makes me want to go conquer something." Exactly, no matter what the venue - office, home, sports...you will smell like a conqueror, and feel like one too.

It is also exactly, by the way, how SCA (medieval enthusiast) fighters should smell, especially the ones portraying Vikings, Saxons and the like. ;-)

Edited by EveningWolf