May's Dessert Dream

tezza23

Didn't see a review thread anywhere else...

I got a sniffie vial of this by mistake with my last order, so I decided to try a dab of it on my hand just to see what it was like. Sniffing it I accidentally got some on the end of my nose.

Wet, the first thing I thought of was "creme caramel". With something really sweet over the top of it. Dry, I can get the tartness of the wild strawberries/blackcurrants (wild fruit is not nearly as sweet as the kind you get in the stores) overlaid by a sweet smell and a bit of the rose.

On me, it's reeeeallly sweet, but I amp sweet scents for some reason. I even get a bit of sweetness from Thane, for example. I think I would find this one too sweet on a woman, if it smelled the same way on her as it does on me. However, I know that a lot of the ladies here like to smell like food, and you'd probably enjoy this one if you do.

Tezza, "diabetic coma in a sniffie" literally takes the cake! :lol:

This one is deceptively sheer when wet but as it blooms on my skin does it ever evolve into an olfactory diabetic coma alright, in a VERY good way. At first sniff wet, the sugared rosewater is evident. Then the scent slowly thickens into rich white chocolate with a fruity undertone, and slowly the further complexity of musky-sexy honeycomb and buttery praline emerges. The fruits stay well-tempered but with enough tartness to balance out the sweetness and dont' jump out all cloying in your face (bad junior-high Bath & Body Works memories, sorry). The whole thing is wrapped in a diaphanous veil of rosewater, but just like in Rosebud Cupcake, it's really the final flourish rather than a blast of rose--the icing on the cake if you will.

I love gourmand florals, and especially the combination of rose and cocoa/chocolate and so this one is perfect for me...it reminds me of both PG Dominance and Slave to Sin, but not in an obvious way. The rosewater is the heart of it, although after a time it backs off to allow the other gourmand notes to come to the fore, very creamy and rich though primarily the honeycomb and chocolate for me with the rosewater floating on top. I don't really sense much of the berries at all but normally when I wear a rose/berry combo the rose will always amp on me. Deliciously beautiful and luckily for us, a scented dream come true!

So today I am testing my lil sniffee of this. At first it is sheer rosewater, soft and almost with a green tinge to it. Upon drydown the chocolate must be what makes it seem cozy.

La Fleur Cremeuse is a natural comparison, but Dessert Dream is at once warmer and more sheer, less cloyingly sweet than LFC (which I love, but it is after all a prefect scent representation of a icing rose - heavy and sweet).

If it is still available, I may have to have a bottle for myself, being as it's rose and all...and a cuddly one at that.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

On application, I thought I smell like a big, creamy, and sinful piece of cake. At dry down, I could smell rose. No honeycomb on me though. It's quite interesting how the scent evolved on my skin.

• 5 months later...

This smells sweet and sexy at the same time, really enjoying it!

At first it's rich and creamy, I get the white chocolate, pralines and honeycomb. There's also a contrasting freshness, which could be the rosewater.

The next day it dries down to honeycomb sweetened with a bit of pralines.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 4 months later...

Oh My God!!!

Rosebud is in luuuurve...... :love: That's all I'm gonna say. I can't review this because worse can't do this scent justice. May's Dessert Dream has moved right up there to my top 3 along with Special Delivery & Constant Cravings.

If anyone has any to spare I'll trade generously for a bottle :Emoticons04235:

With age the tanginess of the berries comes out more in this now, YUM! I also have it in Body Bubbles and cocoa butter cream for when I want something delicious and pretty!