Self-Intro

JOC

Well, I thought it's time to write a little about myself after being on this forum for more than a month.

I'm from Asia and I have been living in Shanghai for the last 8 years. I have lived and worked in other parts of Asia and used to travel to UK and Europe in the 90s.

I'm totally new to pheros and I'm slowly learning how to differentiate the scents which I have now exposed to. I love travelling and I will start planning for a solo trip to Europe this autumn. I intend to do a little more travelling next year with my 2 children. This should include a trip to Tibet, Beijing, Mongolia and Europe via the Trans-Siberia train.

I love to read but English reading materials are really expensive here so I go on a shopping spree whenever I return home or I rely on the internet.

I love the cold weather. My first encounter with snow was when I was living in Seoul. I was really excited, like a child in a toy shop. It snowed continuously for 3 days 2 years ago and I made my first snowman with my kids. I do not know about you but I do enjoy the fun of eating ice-cream in winter. I love autumn too. The beautiful colours, the falling leaves and the coolness in the air.

My favourite colour is black and I used to wear all-black everyday. But of course, all-black is a taboo in my part of the world.

I have a general weakness for food. I used to cook but haven't been able to find the time and energy to do it for the last 2 years. Now, my part-time helper does the cooking for my family. My other weakness is massage. While I was living in SEA, I used to fly to Bangkok during the weekend for food and massage. Now, it's a weekly affair.

I'm waiting for my first order to arrive before heading home for summer. I ordered: Beta spray Leather & BI, all the OCCO except Blue Shield and a sample Spell Kit.

Well, I guess I shall not bore you with more info. Tata!

wow...interesting life you've had so far !

Hi JOC ! :)

I love travelling and I will start planning for a solo trip to Europe this autumn. I intend to do a little more travelling next year with my 2 children. This should include a trip to Tibet, Beijing, Mongolia and Europe via the Trans-Siberia train.

I love to read but English reading materials are really expensive here so I go on a shopping spree whenever I return home or I rely on the internet.

Welcome JOC!

I hope you enjoyed the goodies from our first swap. It wont take you long to figure out what type of scents you like & what works for you...and I promise you'll have a lot of fun along the way.

I love traveling too & I've always wanted to take the train journey along the Trans-Siberian railway. It's supposed to be fab!

Oh....and about the books. What kind of books do you like reading? You can get pretty much any type of book in pocket form over here and they don't weight much at all so if there's anything in particular that you're after that you can't get over there just let me know, I'd be happy to send them to you :)

Not boring at all! It's fascinating to me to see what different lives we all live! I'm here in the hot, HOT Southwest, USA...you'd hate it if you like cold weather! I miss the seasons...miss snow, and have never traveled outside of Eastern Europe...so, share all you'd like, I'd love to hear more. Welcome!

wow...interesting life you've had so far !

Thank you ... sometimes I think if I'm really insatiable. I mean there are so many things I have not done, see or experienced.

I had a brief discussion with a friend of mine on the difference in the grey matters of an Anglo-Saxon and an Asian. I know there were a lot of sterotyping and this can go on and on, like there's no tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed the goodies from our first swap. It wont take you long to figure out what type of scents you like & what works for you...and I promise you'll have a lot of fun along the way.

Oh....and about the books. What kind of books do you like reading? .... so if there's anything in particular that you're after that you can't get over there just let me know, I'd be happy to send them to you :w00t:

My daughter & I are having lots of fun smelling and testing the scents already. Actually, I am kind of glad that I'm stepping out of my comfort zone. It totally suprised me on what can smell great.

Thanks for your offer. It's so sweet of you. I've been reading quite a bit on special education recently. I've stopped reading novels after having kids. It's just not possible, particularly with the stressful educational system here in Asia. Therefore, another debate with a dear friend of mine on why XXX can produce great people while YYY can't ..... Lol. We'll have to continue when we meet up as emails and phone calls are not effective.

BTW, I have to let you know, I'm a wimp when it comes to needles. I had to hang on to two bags of saline when I went for an emergency c-section 8 years back. I have to hold on to whatever's available at hand when I go for blood test. It's funny, no?

Not boring at all! It's fascinating to me to see what different lives we all live! I'm here in the hot, HOT Southwest, USA...you'd hate it if you like cold weather! I miss the seasons...miss snow, and have never traveled outside of Eastern Europe...so, share all you'd like, I'd love to hear more. Welcome!

I guess my preference for cold weather has got to do with my childhood/upbringing. I've been surrounded by beaches (though not fine white sand and clear blue water type), sun and swimming pool so they are not something which I go ga-ga over (although I do miss the latter since living in Shanghai).

I've never gone skiing, I've never been on a long train ride, I've never been on an interstate coach, I've never experience a sand storm, etc. So many 'nevers" but then again, I have done many things such as like diving in many places, trekking in Nepal, visiting the DMZ, driving along the Great Ocean Road, etc and now, pheros!!!

I love Europe and maybe it's because I've been there many times (as compared to the US). I mean in the US or Europe, when the locals tell you that such and such building is old, it's ancient in my terms/country. I love to walk around to explore the place and this is something I cannot do at home. I've only been to Hungary and Czech Republic so one fine day, I shall return to the Eastern Europe.

Don't get me wrong, I love my country and I am proud to be known as the citizen of X. The milestones she has achieved over such a short period of time .... I wonder how XXX foresee and mapped it out.

My favourite colour is black and I used to wear all-black everyday. But of course, all-black is a taboo in my part of the world.

Ah, join the club. I was the kid who dragged around a rubber bat instead of a teddy bear. All black isn't a taboo in New Jersey, but it pretty much is in my *coughuptightsquarescough* family. They can't stand all the stuff i'm into: black, black, black, bloodred, vampires, skulls, leather, killer boots, studs, zippers, black...you get the point. My mom said that if I ever dressed Goth she would disown me. Sigh. At least I'm one at heart.

All black isn't a taboo in New Jersey, but it pretty much is in my *coughuptightsquarescough* family.

I love the 'tan' look when I was in Middle School so I would go to the beach every weekend. Once I painted my nails black and overheard the sarcastic remark of "So the sun got to your nails too, huh?".

Guest icing
Ah, join the club. I was the kid who dragged around a rubber bat instead of a teddy bear. All black isn't a taboo in New Jersey, but it pretty much is in my *coughuptightsquarescough* family. They can't stand all the stuff i'm into: black, black, black, bloodred, vampires, skulls, leather, killer boots, studs, zippers, black...you get the point. My mom said that if I ever dressed Goth she would disown me. Sigh. At least I'm one at heart.

I did the bat thing, too (still do)!

...and I deeply distrust those that don't adore a good pair of boots.

Welcome JOC!

My arsenal is definitely building up in a short time. My first couple of orders and trades were on the safe side, mainly flora.

I have never been (quite) exposed to food scents. I do recall smelling them on my US and European colleagues, the vanilla, cinnamon, etc so it's probably a cultural thing. I am glad that I have ventured outside my comfort zone and ordered some musks, honey, sugar and vanilla.

Hi JOC, nice to meetcha, I'm new here too!

I used to say I was an anti-foodie... and hated pink. But now I am hooked on vanilla, sugar, etc And a few pink items have crept into decor.

I blame Icing.

My arsenal is definitely building up in a short time. My first couple of orders and trades were on the safe side, mainly flora.

I have never been (quite) exposed to food scents. I do recall smelling them on my US and European colleagues, the vanilla, cinnamon, etc so it's probably a cultural thing. I am glad that I have ventured outside my comfort zone and ordered some musks, honey, sugar and vanilla.

Hi JOC, nice to meetcha, I'm new here too!

I used to say I was an anti-foodie... and hated pink. But now I am hooked on vanilla, sugar, etc And a few pink items have crept into decor.

I blame Icing.

I was quite put off by LP Pink but hey, guess what? I like it. My nose has kind of gone bonkers after smelling so many scents each day. It's an adventure each time I open my scent box.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a brief discussion with a friend of mine on the difference in the grey matters of an Anglo-Saxon and an Asian. I know there were a lot of sterotyping and this can go on and on, like there's no tomorrow.

Well it's not the brain, after all, it's the way culture informs and imprints on the brain. But I've been fortunate to know people from all walks of life and treasure the differences in those I encounter; it's one aspect of the Internet I thoroughly enjoy.

Edited by luna65

Well it's not the brain, after all, it's the way culture informs and imprints on the brain. But I've been fortunate to know people from all walks of life and treasure the differences in those I encounter; it's one aspect of the Internet I thoroughly enjoy.

Yes, having the internet is, so far, the best thing that has happened in my life.