White Licorice

Beccah

First of all let me say I despise anise, as it evokes my insane mother. Who always used to bring me Good n Plentys (gack)! Anything that even slightly has that herby 'black licorice' smell makes me throw up in my mouth a little. This will be the first anise fragrance I can actually say I love! It has a vanillary quality that is the polar opposite of Good n Plenty, while still detecting the anise in it. I'm sure there are other fragrances that have the note in it, that I've liked. I just never noticed it, but this is the first one that I know it's in there & I want to slather!

I really love this!! It's soft and light, and the hints of anise are subtle enough that I don't think Mr. Goddess will object. I LOVE anise and licorice, but I recently discovered that he detests it...

So, I ordered a bottle!!

This is no sharp herbal anise like some I've tried in the past, it's creamy vanilla FROSTING with a bit of candy anise, and then the brown sugar and amber come out to deepen it and make it even more luscious. It's awesome!

For me, it's initially thick buttery vanilla at first, and then the licorice (because to me it really is more black licorice than anise) is all OH HAI. It becomes licorice sort of framed by birthday cake...not really blended but occurring at the same time. Eventually the licorice fades and it's a cake-y residue. I like it because of the components but also because it's very unusual.

Lynne: Q doesn't like licorice/anise either, I got this just for me!

Edited by luna65

I really love this!! It's soft and light, and the hints of anise are subtle enough that I don't think Mr. Goddess will object. I LOVE anise and licorice, but I recently discovered that he detests it...

So, I ordered a bottle!!

:) Lynne...

I am really enjoying White Licorice also. I was surprised cause my skin drank Black Candy like it was never gonna get another treat again !!!!

Hm, maybe it's because I test with only the teensiest of stingy swipes, but my main impression of this is extreme fluffy vanilla frosting sweetness. I'm huffing in vain for any trace of anise (which I hate in food but intrigues me as a note amid such white sweetness). So far it's only reminded me of Pie in the Sky and Halo's Angelique...

Wore this to the post office today to mail a trade. Post Office guy said, WOW you or your package smell really good....

I said it's white Licorice...he looked me in the eyes & said, mmmmmmmmmm!! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

This one is full bottle worthy for me. I wore it last night for the first time and fell in love with it. I do get the anise at first just that little hint of peppery bite then it fades off to a mostly vanilla cream on me. This one is soft and sweet but not sickly cloying. Every now and then the anise pops back up with that hint of pepper sharpness that keeps me huffing my wrists....Could still smell it this morning after a full 8 hours sleep, so it has staying power too!

Ok,well that settles it :10_small16:...I am going to try a this on my next order.I was afraid the licorice might too strong,but I remembered I really liked the sniffie of Mara's Dominoe I had.

There are just so many fab creations to keep up with :10_small16:

• 5 weeks later...

Black licorice smell does absolutely nothing for me, so I wasn't sure about this one either. In the sniffie, I wasn't so sure I liked it, it smelled kind of strong. But I went ahead and got it in a beta, and that seems to work better for me...more vanilla with a little spiciness to it. Another bottle is in my future, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I finally broke down & ordered a sample of this.

You will love it :lol: ...I just got another one to wear with Flying Potion,they go well together,it is so creamy good and beautiful mmmmm !!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...