I just received my first bottle of EoW straight-up. As I was opening the package, I was expecting to throw up. So it didn't happen. I located the bottle and my hands were trembling, thinking of the fruity cheese, BO or toe jam to hit me the moment I open the bottle. Nope, nothing again.

Then I decided to give it a sniff. It smelled like vinegar. I got my daughter to take a sniff and she too found it "sour" too.

I could still smell acid after EoW's dry. So, if this is normal then EoW is not such a monster afterall.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people get a vinegar impression instead of the other, so it's normal. Some are just very sensitive to the analog no matter what.

A lot of people get a vinegar impression instead of the other, so it's normal. Some are just very sensitive to the analog no matter what.

I'm so glad as I have been thinking of where I should hide this bottle of evil potion, particularly from my domestic helper. She'd be the first one to throw things which smell bad in our house.

Couldn't you just tell her not to do that, like, show her bottle (but you don't have to show the label, for example) and instruct her not to touch it?

I dunno why but EoW absolutely nauseates me right before my period...even disguised in my favorite smellies. The actual order doesn't offend me, it's even a little pleasant in the right LP. I guess competition makes me sick to my stomach subconsciously, lol. I second Lynne's advise to make the bottle look pretty....

Couldn't you just tell her not to do that, like, show her bottle (but you don't have to show the label, for example) and instruct her not to touch it?

She's been with me for close to a year now. Sometimes they have a mind of their own. When I first got here, the rate that I fire domestic helpers was faster than I change my undies (so to speak).

Her cooking and cleaning sucks but at least she's at home when my daughter comes back from the kindy in the late afternoon. So I guess you win some, you lose some.

Anyway, since it doesn't stink, it will go into the box where I keep my goodies.

Her cooking and cleaning sucks

& there's a distinct possibility she may throw smellies away....Off With Her Head!! (j/k) There's a new American catch phrase for you JOC ( from the Red Queen in 'Alice In Wonderland' ).

& there's a distinct possibility she may throw smellies away....Off With Her Head!! (j/k) There's a new American catch phrase for you JOC ( from the Red Queen in 'Alice In Wonderland' ).

Yes, yes, yes, catching on ......

Ah...having never had domestic help I guess it's more difficult than it seems.

I had a live-in helper to help my dad many years ago. Those available back home are of a different breed ..... extremely hardworking and some employers take advantage of them.

Imagine your house and car have been cleaned and breakfast is ready by the time you're up at 7am. It became a neccessity to have a maid for many of my friends. Domestic helpers tag along during family holidays so they can go shopping peacefully. This reminds me of the olden days when each child has a nanny and they are called an "Amah".

Personally, I didn't have a helper till I have my second child. I was a SAHM for 6 years and now that I work full time and I need help with the cleaning, cooking and picking my daughter up in the afternoon so this is a good option.

I treasure my privacy, personal space and the relationship I have built with my kids so therefore I want my helper to come in for a couple of hours six days a week. In addition, I do not want my kids or myself to become dependent on them. The kids need to learn to do things on their own.

I just received my first bottle of EoW straight-up. As I was opening the package, I was expecting to throw up. So it didn't happen. I located the bottle and my hands were trembling, thinking of the fruity cheese, BO or toe jam to hit me the moment I open the bottle. Nope, nothing again.

Then I decided to give it a sniff. It smelled like vinegar. I got my daughter to take a sniff and she too found it "sour" too.

I could still smell acid after EoW's dry. So, if this is normal then EoW is not such a monster afterall.

Be forewarned... the following post is GROSS. Do not keep reading if you are eating. :(

It is amazing how differently people perceive the scent of copulins. I have had products with cops before like Neanderlicious and Scented Cuddle Bunny. I can smell the cops in them but they actually smell kind of pleasant to me. This may sound weird, but they reminded me of Desitin or something when they were wet. Not really THAT pleasant..but not totally dirty and unpleasant either.

BUT--- I got my first unscented phero with cops in it (Unscented Sexology) yesterday.... and honestly, to me, it smells like I opened a bottle of someone's dirty ass mixed with puke! (pardon my French! :yeahthat:) Yesterday morning when I was walking in from the parking garage at work, someone had literally vomited on the stairs....and before I saw where the smell was coming from, I checked my bag because I thought the bottle of Sexology had spilled! HAHA! The Horror!

However, what is equally as amazing is how incredible anything with HONEY is at covering the scent of EOW copulins and actually making it a VERY pleasant experience. I mean I have read 50 times that honey is the perfect EOW cover...but I never really knew just how perfect. You would never think so, being as honey is such a soft scent. Last night I tried some on. I waited like 30 minutes for the dirty puke ass to dry down on my arm and I still smelled it. I couldn't even take a good whiff without wanting to gag. I was thinking there was no way I was going to be able to go out of the house like this. Got a bright idea to try a TIIIIIINy drop of UNE perfume on top of the Sexology. The dirty puke ass smell was COMPLETELY and IMMEDIATELY erased. It was like it had never even been there. It made me sooo excited! I kept smelling it over and over again just to make sure that there was no cop bleed thru. Nope, not even at all. And I have the world's most sensitive nose.

So... note to self. Order all of my copulin products in a fragrance with some kind of honey. :)

You would never think so, being as honey is such a soft scent.

Heh, not all types of honey, trust me. Your description of unscented Sexology is somewhat close to how some people have described the scent of Jouir De.

Just make sure to let the ones with EoW dry down COMPLETELY before you try to cover it.....or you will have bleed through.....

Good cops covers include honey (some types), resins, fruits, vanillas, cinnamons, and musks.....

Heh, not all types of honey, trust me. Your description of unscented Sexology is somewhat close to how some people have described the scent of Jouir De.

HAHA really! good to know. So which honeys (or scents with honey) have you found to be the best? From what I've read, you really like the dirty, $exy type of scents and I do also.

Fruit & resins also handle copulins well.

Good cops covers include honey (some types), resins, fruits, vanillas, cinnamons, and musks.....

I LOVE that you ladies share your experiences and that you are SO experienced! I am so excited now to try different things. I really wanted to try things like Honeyed Vanilla Musk and Dirty Pretty Thing. I have a sample of PheroGirl and could not believe how much it smelled EXACTLY like $ex in a bottle. It actually turned me on to smell it on my hand and that has never happened to me before.

I love musks, incense, and resin as prominent notes in perfumes (one of my all time faves is Kenzo Indian Holi, it's berries, incense and musk--- I love Angel Innocent because it smells to me like pine trees and chocolate---and more recently Kat Von D's Saint which is a yummy rich marshmallow-y musk ) and I also love the resinous earthy type scents like Neanderlicious. There was a Shisedo perfume called Féminité du Bois years ago to me that smelled just like wood shavings and I could not get enough. I can go dark and earthy, just not TOO much Patchouli. :jumpforjoy: I love it in my incense/candles...just not a ton of it on me.

I will try any LP fragrances that you ladies could recommend to me that you have loved as a cover for cops! I tend to get a headache from anything TOO sweet or fruity that doesn't also have a musky/resinous/earthy tone to it.

Edited by Dgsweets

I consider Phero Girl to be the very best fragrance for copulins, hands down.

Yeah I like a more slutty honey, heh, like in Honey Ho and Sugared Honeycomb. I also enjoy Jouir De but many people feel it is too dirty, almost fecal, with the combination of the honey and the civit (I think it is). I almost always buy any PE with honey as well (which means nearly all the ones Shelly B came up with, for example).

Edited by luna65

I had a live-in helper to help my dad many years ago. Those available back home are of a different breed ..... extremely hardworking and some employers take advantage of them.

Imagine your house and car have been cleaned and breakfast is ready by the time you're up at 7am. It became a neccessity to have a maid for many of my friends. Domestic helpers tag along during family holidays so they can go shopping peacefully. This reminds me of the olden days when each child has a nanny and they are called an "Amah".

Personally, I didn't have a helper till I have my second child. I was a SAHM for 6 years and now that I work full time and I need help with the cleaning, cooking and picking my daughter up in the afternoon so this is a good option.

I treasure my privacy, personal space and the relationship I have built with my kids so therefore I want my helper to come in for a couple of hours six days a week. In addition, I do not want my kids or myself to become dependent on them. The kids need to learn to do things on their own.

I had an "Amah" until I was 4, when we moved back to the States. We had cooks, a driver, maids, etc...I think it is quite different when it comes to domestic help in China. For one thing, its affordable over there. I loved my "Amah," & remember how sad I was to leave her when we had to move...one of my mother's favorite stories regarding how my "Amah" spoiled me was that any time I was given candy, or some other forbidden treat, I would say in a conspiratorial voice, "Don't tell Missy" ("Missy" being the title the domestic help had for my mother). I also used to imitate my "Amah," who had a friend who worked for the people next door. Every day my "Amah" would gossip over the wall between our houses with her friend next door. I would imitate her by standing on a wooden box & talking nonsensical Chinese to various random walls in our house, & wondering why the walls never talked back ....Anyhoo, I think I turned out allright...at least I no longer speak to walls in Chinese & can be given a treat without whispering "Don't tell Missy!"

I LOVE that you ladies share your experiences and that you are SO experienced! I am so excited now to try different things. I really wanted to try things like Honeyed Vanilla Musk and Dirty Pretty Thing. I have a sample of PheroGirl and could not believe how much it smelled EXACTLY like $ex in a bottle. It actually turned me on to smell it on my hand and that has never happened to me before.

I love musks, incense, and resin as prominent notes in perfumes (one of my all time faves is Kenzo Indian Holi, it's berries, incense and musk--- I love Angel Innocent because it smells to me like pine trees and chocolate---and more recently Kat Von D's Saint which is a yummy rich marshmallow-y musk ) and I also love the resinous earthy type scents like Neanderlicious. There was a Shisedo perfume called Féminité du Bois years ago to me that smelled just like wood shavings and I could not get enough. I can go dark and earthy, just not TOO much Patchouli. :jumpforjoy: I love it in my incense/candles...just not a ton of it on me.

I will try any LP fragrances that you ladies could recommend to me that you have loved as a cover for cops! I tend to get a headache from anything TOO sweet or fruity that doesn't also have a musky/resinous/earthy tone to it.

I am a lover of the darker scents myself.....if you like combos of honey, fruit, and musk, you may want to try Cheap Girls (it is on sale right now).....LP Black is one of my all-time faves....OCCO Black as well.......Passion and Desire is good......Soiled Dove if it is still available is earthy.....G String is really sexy (honey, leather, musk)......lots of good ones here!

As for your feelings about Patchouli, trust me......most of us have come here with pre-conceived notions about what works with our chemistry or not.....the scents here are so artistically blended that you may never look at Patch the same way again!

I consider Phero Girl to be the very best fragrance for copulins, hands down.

Yeah I like a more slutty honey, heh, like in Honey Ho and Sugared Honeycomb. I also enjoy Jouir De but many people feel it is too dirty, almost fecal, with the combination of the honey and the civit (I think it is). I almost always buy any PE with honey as well (which means nearly all the ones Shelly B came up with, for example).

Mmmm...Fecal.....sounds yummy!!! Haha :jumpforjoy:

I have been wanting to try Honey Ho and Sugared Honeycomb for a while now...I really like that dirtyness too. It's more like an impression of dirty that smells sooo good and clean all at the same time. And the Shelly B Honeyed Vanilla Musk sounds amazing. Yay! Thanks for the tips Luna! I can't wait till my money fairy rolls into town next week!

I am a lover of the darker scents myself.....if you like combos of honey, fruit, and musk, you may want to try Cheap Girls (it is on sale right now).....LP Black is one of my all-time faves....OCCO Black as well.......Passion and Desire is good......Soiled Dove if it is still available is earthy.....G String is really sexy (honey, leather, musk)......lots of good ones here!

As for your feelings about Patchouli, trust me......most of us have come here with pre-conceived notions about what works with our chemistry or not.....the scents here are so artistically blended that you may never look at Patch the same way again!

Okay Dolly!!! I will open my mind to The Patch just because you say so! :jumpforjoy: You actually made it sound appealing to me...and since you like the darker scents, I trust you. I actually saw Cheap Girls today and it really piqued my interest. And I really want to try LP Black and OCCO Black. Thank y'all so much for all these great suggestions. I can't wait! :drunk:

And the Shelly B Honeyed Vanilla Musk sounds amazing.

That's Claudia's PE, although Shelly did do one last year that was Honeyed Amber and Musk and it earned the appellation Smells Like Fucking. :beggingpleasesmiley:

I had an "Amah" until I was 4, when we moved back to the States. We had cooks, a driver, maids, etc...I think it is quite different when it comes to domestic help in China. For one thing, its affordable over there. I loved my "Amah," & remember how sad I was to leave her when we had to move...one of my mother's favorite stories regarding how my "Amah" spoiled me was that any time I was given candy, or some other forbidden treat, I would say in a conspiratorial voice, "Don't tell Missy" ("Missy" being the title the domestic help had for my mother). I also used to imitate my "Amah," who had a friend who worked for the people next door. Every day my "Amah" would gossip over the wall between our houses with her friend next door. I would imitate her by standing on a wooden box & talking nonsensical Chinese to various random walls in our house, & wondering why the walls never talked back ....Anyhoo, I think I turned out allright...at least I no longer speak to walls in Chinese & can be given a treat without whispering "Don't tell Missy!"

Drivers, maids and baby sitters in China are dirt cheap considering that if your earnings are in US$. The "good" ones earn an average monthly salary is US$400 or so. But don't forget that a fresh graduate in the big cities only earn US$300 or so per month.

I think I turned out alright after a couple of 'amah' years but I have seen too many cases of irresponsible maids outside or pampered kids who will get their maids do everything for them, e.g. they won't get go to kitchen to get a drink on their own.

My current PT maid does that sometimes. She allows my kids to leave their dirty plates and cups on the dinning table after dinner, she carries my son's school bag, etc. I don't want the "I'm your boss so therefore you have to bow down to me" feel at home.

I think it boils down to different values and cultures.

Okay Dolly!!! I will open my mind to The Patch just because you say so! :beggingpleasesmiley: You actually made it sound appealing to me...and since you like the darker scents, I trust you. I actually saw Cheap Girls today and it really piqued my interest. And I really want to try LP Black and OCCO Black. Thank y'all so much for all these great suggestions. I can't wait! ;)

Another one you may want to try is Naughty on the Nile.....sandalwood, brown sugar, and resins......yum!

Edited by Dolly

That's Claudia's PE, although Shelly did do one last year that was Honeyed Amber and Musk and it earned the appellation Smells Like Fucking. :beggingpleasesmiley:

HAHA oops sorry Claudia!!! LMAO okay well with a name like SLF, how can I NOT buy it now?!!? hehe thanks for correcting me. ;)

Another one you may want to try is Naughty on the Nile.....sandalwood, brown sugar, and resins......yum!

Oh my goodness, that sounds amazing too. I have had that one on my list more than once and it always gets bumped for one reason or another... but now I have to try it for sure.

Thanks ladies!

Oh my goodness, that sounds amazing too. I have had that one on my list more than once and it always gets bumped for one reason or another... but now I have to try it for sure.

Thanks ladies!

Add the new Majmua Sultana to your list too, hun.....it is to die for! Especially for those of us who crave resins!

Add the new Majmua Sultana to your list too, hun.....it is to die for! Especially for those of us who crave resins!

yall are killin me in a good way. :D This website is a total obsession for me now. What did I ever do without it?!?!?

yall are killin me in a good way. ;) This website is a total obsession for me now. What did I ever do without it?!?!?

Hehe...just get used to the obsession... We are all addicts here :)

I have a sample of Majmua Sultana (& I think I have 1 of Dirty Pretty Things too)...and a bottle of Naughty on the Nile amped with BI if you are interested :D

Hehe...just get used to the obsession... We are all addicts here :10_small16:

I have a sample of Majmua Sultana (& I think I have 1 of Dirty Pretty Things too)...and a bottle of Naughty on the Nile amped with BI if you are interested ;)

Sorry it took me so long to reply! Aww so sweet of you to offer! It sounds tempting... unfortunately I have to wait for the money fairy.

:)

Does anyone know if amber is a good cover for EOW? Just straight amber, without musks or vanillas or anything else. (Keep in mind I am a total scent addict so the fact that I still buy scents from other places doesn't prevent me from buying just as much here at LPMP... ; ) ) In the meantime while I wait for the money fairy, I was at Whole Foods yesterday and there was this tiny vial of amber perfume oil that smelled like HEAVEN and it was really inexpensive, like $6.

I tried the Sugared Amber sample I got from LP and I'm not a huge fan, it kind of made me smell 'dirty' or musty. But this straight amber oil smelled almost clean and soapy, it was very "clear". I was just curious if anyone has tried covering EOW with amber straight up.

I haven't tried that, but I will say that, for me at least, if I give cops *thorough* drydown time (like 15-20 min), they don't smell that horrible even uncovered... people don't even seem to notice it.

Does anyone know if amber is a good cover for EOW? Just straight amber, without musks or vanillas or anything else.

I've never tried it but I reckon Tyvey is right... With adequate dry-down I don't see why it wouldn't work. Only way to find out is to try it :)

Sorry it took me so long to reply! Aww so sweet of you to offer! It sounds tempting... unfortunately I have to wait for the money fairy.

:)

Does anyone know if amber is a good cover for EOW? Just straight amber, without musks or vanillas or anything else. (Keep in mind I am a total scent addict so the fact that I still buy scents from other places doesn't prevent me from buying just as much here at LPMP... ; ) ) In the meantime while I wait for the money fairy, I was at Whole Foods yesterday and there was this tiny vial of amber perfume oil that smelled like HEAVEN and it was really inexpensive, like $6.

I tried the Sugared Amber sample I got from LP and I'm not a huge fan, it kind of made me smell 'dirty' or musty. But this straight amber oil smelled almost clean and soapy, it was very "clear". I was just curious if anyone has tried covering EOW with amber straight up.

Yes, amber is one of my favorite notes and before I came to LP, I used to wear plain amber a lot.....it covers EoW quite well.....there are TONS of different ambers out there, and each one has its own character.....the Sugared Amber has several different ones in it, I believe.....

Don't worry hun.....nobody here has a problem with people who buy elsewhere.....

Edited by Dolly

Don't worry hun.....nobody here has a problem with people who buy elsewhere.....

Okay good... because I am admittedly a complete and total perfume/scent wh0re. I can NEVER get enough and would do pretty much anything to procure a favorite scent. :(

I haven't tried that, but I will say that, for me at least, if I give cops *thorough* drydown time (like 15-20 min), they don't smell that horrible even uncovered... people don't even seem to notice it.

That is true for me too, it seems also like the longer I have a bottle (or the longer since it's been opened) the less pungent the odor is. Seems like the bottle of unscented $exology that I have is 'maturing' or something? It's not as ripe & rank...as in, I don't gag right when I open it. Or... is it that I'm just getting used to the smell of it? That kind of scares me. HAHA

I've never tried it but I reckon Tyvey is right... With adequate dry-down I don't see why it wouldn't work. Only way to find out is to try it :(

And try I shall! I am all about experimentation! :lol: Although I think I am getting used to the smell of the cops now though, so I don't want to go out in public thinking that you can't smell it... but find out that it's pungently overwhelming to others.

I'm just gonna jump in with both feet though! :lol:

As you've probably read in other threads/elsewhere -- even when not dried down, at least in my experience, -- my straight male friends inexplicably do not seem to object to the odor at all (proving once for all that they're dogs - you know how dogs are all "the grosser, the better!!!" :() - if anything it seems to ... entertain them even MORE when wet (this just keeps sounding worse and worse). Meanwhile my female friends run away screaming, and my gay male friends just completely ignore me, like won't even say hello. It's very very interesting.

Interesting, I have an unscented phero blend which includes copulins and at first the smell is really strong... like too strong... but I can't stop myself from sniffing it. It seems to be like indole, which smells awful if its too strong but is intriguing at just the right intensity.

As you've probably read in other threads/elsewhere -- even when not dried down, at least in my experience, -- my straight male friends inexplicably do not seem to object to the odor at all (proving once for all that they're dogs - you know how dogs are all "the grosser, the better!!!" :( ) - if anything it seems to ... entertain them even MORE when wet (this just keeps sounding worse and worse). Meanwhile my female friends run away screaming, and my gay male friends just completely ignore me, like won't even say hello. It's very very interesting.

HAHA you crack me up.

Oh my gosh, I soooo want to ask my man to smell it "straight" and tell me if he thinks it stinks or not, but I don't want him to know that I wear pheros. Yet. It's my little secret weapon right now. haha.

It's so funny because we'll hold hands at lunch and I guess a little bit of the cops from my wrist will get on his hand. He usually emails me a little later in the day & says something like OMG, your perfume turns me on SO MUCH. I just have to chuckle at that...because I know that in the bottle, it smells like straight a$$. To me anyway! I am sooo curious to know if it would smell really bad to him. I wish I had a straight male friend (other than him) that I am close enough to ask.

I wish I could do random surveys in the mall or something. Just go up to some group of dudes and ask them how they think it smells in the bottle.

Interesting, I have an unscented phero blend which includes copulins and at first the smell is really strong... like too strong... but I can't stop myself from sniffing it. It seems to be like indole, which smells awful if its too strong but is intriguing at just the right intensity.

That is really interesting. When you say "strong"...do you mean unpleasant? or like "pleasantly unpleasant"?

Well c'mon, is it any surprise that men like the skank? Seriously? Intellectually they might have the vapors and protest, but the brainstem is twitching and eventually throttles the higher functions into submission. :(

Well c'mon, is it any surprise that men like the skank? Seriously? Intellectually they might have the vapors and protest, but the brainstem is twitching and eventually throttles the higher functions into submission. :666:

HAHA I know... I mean I know there is a reason they are compelled to sniff panties & such... but I just have such a hard time understanding why they would sniff a pair that smelled like that bottle of $exology. haha.

To my nose, the two don't smell anything alike, at least until the cops are dried down. But wet? ughhh.

But you're right...we are definitely wired differently! I guess it doesn't matter what my nose thinks... only theirs. :)