Phero Girl: Dominance

The phero-effects of this blend made me pause about ordering this,because I wonder if combined with whatever natural dominant vibes I already put out will the addition of this make for "too much"..but the scent notes of this blend intrigued me. I love rose blends (when done right),chocolate,coffee and combinations of the above.

When first applied there is a sharpness that commands attention.Is that any of the phermones I wonder? Very quickly that sharpness fades (or one gets used to it?) and the rose blooms brightly forth. The chocolate begins to gain in emphasis as the rose settles down a bit and the coffee stays a bit discreetly in the background compared to the other dominant notes.

I do very much like this. It lasts a long time also..always a plus for me. I will try it a few more days and see if the phero-effects make for any obnoxious perceptions among my family and friends. I would guess there is a fine line between being pleasantly alpha (which I flatter myself in imagining is my usual case) and tiresomely overbearing.

If all works out, I would definitely get a full bottle based soley on scent properties alone.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do very much like this.

Thanks for the feedback, I was hesitant at first, I'm not a fan of "floral" scents, but true, if rose is done nicely, I can enjoy it (I hope I do, bought full size). Now, just waiting for it arrive.

I tried to edit my post to add this but the board was being wonky and ,well, here are some additional details that might help those of you thinking about this scent.

The rose starts off bright but quickly softens and mellows and for the duration of the scent, is a deep, full rose. I get a mental picture of gorgeous velvety dark red blooms. No greenery. The chocolate note is perfectly balanced with the rose. It is a dark-chocolate thins sort of chocolate (to my nose). Sophisticated..not a "foody" chocolate note. The sugar notes seem on the lighter side. They support the rose, chocolate ,coffee and orris but do not compete much for attention. Hopefully more details help get a fuller "picture" of this very nice scent. The more I wear it today the more I'm falling in love with it.

I tried to edit my post to add this but the board was being wonky and ,well, here are some additional details that might help those of you thinking about this scent.

The rose starts off bright but quickly softens and mellows and for the duration of the scent, is a deep, full rose. I get a mental picture of gorgeous velvety dark red blooms. No greenery. The chocolate note is perfectly balanced with the rose. It is a dark-chocolate thins sort of chocolate (to my nose). Sophisticated..not a "foody" chocolate note. The sugar notes seem on the lighter side. They support the rose, chocolate ,coffee and orris but do not compete much for attention. Hopefully more details help get a fuller "picture" of this very nice scent. The more I wear it today the more I'm falling in love with it.

Thanks for this Blupest. Much Kudos to you! :):lol: I must order this. It sounds exactly what I wanted, and your review is spot on for my question about the type of chocolate and the balance. I just hope it sticks around until I can make my next order!

To those of you unsure about the alpha pheros, worry not, I absolutely douse myself in them (at a rate that makes some guys cringe) and have had no problems. :)

May

Thanks for this Blupest. Much Kudos to you! :):lol: I must order this. It sounds exactly what I wanted, and your review is spot on for my question about the type of chocolate and the balance. I just hope it sticks around until I can make my next order!

To those of you unsure about the alpha pheros, worry not, I absolutely douse myself in them (at a rate that makes some guys cringe) and have had no problems. :)

May

Thanks for that additional info......I should be getting my pkg with a sample of it tomorrow.....if it is as good as you describe, I will probably immediately be buying a full bottle..... :) I was wondering about the type of chocolate myself. I like the foody scents, but I have plenty of them already.....was hoping for more of a foody/non-foody balanced type scent......that is why I didn't buy a full bottle right off the bat......

I can attest to what May says about the alpha pheros.....I'm an alpha-type girl myself, and I load them on, also......

Thanks for that additional info......I should be getting my pkg with a sample of it tomorrow.....if it is as good as you describe, I will probably immediately be buying a full bottle..... :) I was wondering about the type of chocolate myself. I like the foody scents, but I have plenty of them already.....was hoping for more of a foody/non-foody balanced type scent......that is why I didn't buy a full bottle right off the bat......

I can attest to what May says about the alpha pheros.....I'm an alpha-type girl myself, and I load them on, also......

Hello Dolly :)

How you doing? I went all out and bought a full bottle. Goddess there are so many new scents out Im afraid to open my CC next month.

We are simular in phero preferences, I switch around but always find myself leaning towards the Alpha pheros myself. Really looking forward to trying this one. I have the origonal Pherogirl and it took some time to get used to. Course I wasnt shaking the bottle at first until I think Carrie pointed it out to me.

Look forward to visiting with you here and trying all the new scents.

Tisha

How you doing? I went all out and bought a full bottle. Goddess there are so many new scents out Im afraid to open my CC next month.

We are simular in phero preferences, I switch around but always find myself leaning towards the Alpha pheros myself. Really looking forward to trying this one. I have the origonal Pherogirl and it took some time to get used to. Course I wasnt shaking the bottle at first until I think Carrie pointed it out to me.

Tisha

Be warned Tisha

It's enormously addictive... :)

And there are lots of foodie-type smells too!

May

Tisha

Well, HEY YOU.... :) great to see you here!

I should be getting my sample of it today.....I am due a full bottle of something because I won the most recent posting contest.... :) If this one smells like I think it will, that will probably be my free bottle.....I DID have to get a full bottle of "Dirty Sexy", just because.....well, you know me.... ;)

OK, I am soooooo getting a full bottle of this.....I just got my package.....actually, it hadn't been logged in yet, but I had the girl scouring in the back to find it.... :) I told her it was a VERY VERY important package.....didn't tell her it was perfume.... :)

Dominance.....oh WOW.....it does have a sharp note when wet.....maybe that is the EW peeking through.....we know how sharp that stuff is when wet.... :) .....but, that sharpness only lasts a few seconds in this mix....as it dries, the chocolate and rose start blooming.....almost competing with each other to be noticed.....like a big red rose dipped in dark chocolate, if you can imagine that......I get a slight hint of coffee and I agree with blupest in that this is not a sweet foody mix......just foody enough, I think......dried down, it is almost all chocolate and rose, but the rose is definitely the most prominent.....

I am off to my son's b-ball practice.....I will add more later after it sits for a few hours......

Ok after a few hours, this one is rose, almost pure rose. Every now and then, I get a hint of some of the other notes, but not much. They have all faded except for that beautiful rose.

I've *JUST* gotten home, torn to the mailboxes and RIPPED open my package to try this! I to got that second's burst of something sharp, but then the rose/chocolate/coffee thing is now goin' on. I must be extra aware of the coffee being such an addict, cause for me it plays up fairly close in strength to the other two. As the sweetie is due over for dinner I'll have to report back later (I'm *hoping* tomorrow :) ) with how this develops. Yum.

I've *JUST* gotten home, torn to the mailboxes and RIPPED open my package to try this! I to got that second's burst of something sharp, but then the rose/chocolate/coffee thing is now goin' on. I must be extra aware of the coffee being such an addict, cause for me it plays up fairly close in strength to the other two. As the sweetie is due over for dinner I'll have to report back later (I'm *hoping* tomorrow ;) ) with how this develops. Yum.

Well, Katz, where is the update? Did your sweetie like it?

This is my sweetie's week without his kids, so that means he'll be spending at least a few nights over here. Tonight, I think I'm going to spring this one on him, and see what "pops up"..... :) ok, sorry if that was TMI..... :huh: Actually, this week I'm planning on testing all of the new releases on him......a different one each night......I think he is enjoying being a guinea pig.....

This is my sweetie's week without his kids, so that means he'll be spending at least a few nights over here. Tonight, I think I'm going to spring this one on him, and see what "pops up"..... :) ok, sorry if that was TMI..... :huh: Actually, this week I'm planning on testing all of the new releases on him......a different one each night......I think he is enjoying being a guinea pig.....

Sadly, I had to put it off for the time being...my little furbaby was *out* of it on Sat nite - it's really, really tough trying to get him regulated on insulin -so it was a stressful night. My sweetie deserves a replay of this, cuz he was so understanding and sat by us all evening...maybe even a nice dinner thrown in... ;) Personally I think I'm going to like it as it's not a "dessert" foodie scent, but a yummy one.

Dominance.....oh WOW.....it does have a sharp note when wet.....maybe that is the EW peeking through.....we know how sharp that stuff is when wet.... :) .....but, that sharpness only lasts a few seconds in this mix....as it dries, the chocolate and rose start blooming.....almost competing with each other to be noticed.....like a big red rose dipped in dark chocolate, if you can imagine that......I get a slight hint of coffee and I agree with blupest in that this is not a sweet foody mix......just foody enough, I think......dried down, it is almost all chocolate and rose, but the rose is definitely the most prominent.....

I love this one as well; it is a beautiful blend of chocolate and rose! My Beloved, as you know, isn't too much of a fan of the foody scents... but I really like this one. In fact, I wore it to the Bar Mitzvah party as there were a number of the ex-family members there; I figured a bit of dominance would be a good thing! And, I think it helped do the trick... just the right balance of alpha-pheromones to keep them off-balance in terms of their intimidation attempts :huh: That was fun ;)

Oh Wow I got mine and it is so gorgeous. Its not a overpowering rose which I was happy to discover. On application I got the subtle waft of chocolate then it dried down into a soft lovely rose. I feel like I am in my grandmother Garden. I havent picked up on the coffee scent. I am loving this.

I cant stop smelling myself and I notice my husband hasnt left the room since. :)

I am so glad I got the bit bottle right away. I may have to get another in case the ever stop making it LOL

Tisha

Edited by Tish23

.....I DID have to get a full bottle of "Dirty Sexy", just because.....well, you know me.... :huh:

Thats on my list to LOL , I got a sample of Victim, you know the one for shameless hussies by David Hess :) and its fabulous.

Tisha

OK, so I tried this one with my sweetheart last night.....I was surprised that he didn't fall in love with it.....I personally find that it smells absolutely divine! He didn't DISlike it.....he just said that it isn't one of his favorites.....that's ok.....this will be one that I wear just for me, pheromones or not, because I am loving it! I'm going to try Dirty Sexy with him tonight, and see what he thinks of that one.

It's so funny.....since I found LPMP, when he walks into my house, the first thing he does is bury his face in my neck and smell me..... ;)

You know, since this blend has the "dominant" pheros in it, I think this will be one of my work mixes, for those days when I want to give off that "in charge" vibe.... :(

OK, so I tried this one with my sweetheart last night.....I was surprised that he didn't fall in love with it.....I personally find that it smells absolutely divine! He didn't DISlike it.....he just said that it isn't one of his favorites.....It's so funny.....since I found LPMP, when he walks into my house, the first thing he does is bury his face in my neck and smell me..... :)

Male psychology...knowledge won the hard way...

Is your guy a real GUY guy? I have noticed that many men who are particularly, exaggeratedly, or overly masculine, are drawn to women who are exaggeratedly feminine in the same way. They tend not to enjoy aggressive female traits and behavior. They like their girls to be GIRLY. Dominant pheros would be a total turn-off to men of this kind.

NOT an insult, please don't take it that way. I happen to be personally drawn to exaggeratedly masculine men - dated many a football player meself, so I've noticed and been made aware of idiosyncricies of the genetic type. Bearing your neck for him to sniff - fab technique ::wink:: sexy, thoroughly submissive (in appearance). If you've got a mega-male, challenging their masculinity, even subliminally, is rarely the path to their hearts. More often it leads to fights.

Male psychology...knowledge won the hard way...

Is your guy a real GUY guy? I have noticed that many men who are particularly, exaggeratedly, or overly masculine, are drawn to women who are exaggeratedly feminine in the same way. They tend not to enjoy aggressive female traits and behavior. They like their girls to be GIRLY. Dominant pheros would be a total turn-off to men of this kind.

NOT an insult, please don't take it that way. I happen to be personally drawn to exaggeratedly masculine men - dated many a football player meself, so I've noticed and been made aware of idiosyncricies of the genetic type. Bearing your neck for him to sniff - fab technique ::wink:: sexy, thoroughly submissive (in appearance). If you've got a mega-male, challenging their masculinity, even subliminally, is rarely the path to their hearts. More often it leads to fights.

I did some reserach on this specific topic last fall. I posted the results on pherotalk. I had just met my current love, but I was also seeing other people at that time also.

There were some who were completely turned off by the addition of dominant pheros.....I am quite aggressive and dominant myself, even without the pheros.....

My sweetie though was one of the men who LOVES aggressive women. Add the dominant pheros to my normal personality, and it REALLY turns him on. He reacted to the pheros when I wore Dominance.....he just said he didn't particularly care for the scent. He has no idea that I wear pheros by the way.....that is the best kind of test subject...... ;)

He has no idea that I wear pheros by the way.....that is the best kind of test subject...... ;)

That brings up a question I've had lately...how many of you out there tell your s.o. if you are using the Phero's? I've been going back and forth about this one (of course it's my Gemini nature) and I'm not sure if

a) I should keep the secret, thank my luck that it seems to work, or

b ) be honest cuz it almost feels a leeetle bit sneaky to be using them.

Ladies? Gentlemen?

Edited by katz

That brings up a question I've had lately...how many of you out there tell your s.o. if you are using the Phero's? I've been going back and forth about this one (of course it's my Gemini nature) and I'm not sure if

Ladies? Gentlemen?

I've been using pheros for about 4 years now, and no man or "target" has ever known that I wear them. The only person in my life who knows is my mom, who I mix blends for. Her favorite is an oil called "vanilla savon" (almost a creamy vanilla, like french vanilla), mixed with EoW. She calls EoW "that horny juice"..... ;)

Ladies? Gentlemen?

My Beloved knows that I wear scents intended to tantalize and entice, but does not know nor does he make inquiry into what exactly "makes" the particular scent(s) enticing or tantalizing.

I actually don't know if I have any better luck with pheromones than without. I think that I might produce enough on my own as the difference in response does not seem contingent upon the specific wearing of pheromones. I have noticed that, when my scent is different (whether it be pheromone or a blend intended for enticement such as the LP aphrodisiacs), there is an enhanced response... My Beloved and I are very sexual already... so an "enhanced response" is not increased frequency or unusual arousal but is a rather more subtle measure than that... and I think it is aroused solely by the difference in my scent. I use the sexual pheromones for that purpose... does that make sense?

Okay, so getting over initial heartbreak over Love Potion: Red, a hilarious story that UTTERLY EXTINGUISHED my doubt of the effect of artificial pheremones!

First of all, Dominance was the scent I was most doubtful of. I usually never get along with rose, and I really dislike overtly foody chocolate blends. However, I was really pleasantly surprised by how subtle the chocolate was on my skin; it really just acts as an anchor for the rose and I can barely detect its presence. The rose is very fresh, and reminds me of red blooms sitting in a pool of water. Really. (There are pheremones in this? The much-talked about "EW" copulins?)

I'd talked to my friends about the cool pheremone-laced perfume I was getting. I always get my friend, J, hooked on whatever I'm getting hooked on, so he was in the room when I tore into the package. I swiped some Dominance on myself and on him (heh), and asked for his opinion on the scent--"Huh, it's actually pretty nice on, huh?" I asked. And--get this, he scrunches up his face and says, "Whew. Oh man, that's strong. I don't like it at *all*--it's...pungent."

"Buzuh?" I say in confusion. "The scent is actually pretty light.... I'm really picky about scents and I actually like this one."

Nuh-uh is his adament answer. "High pitched, one note.... I need to go wash this off NOW."

His reaction is the same to PheroGirl. "It smells like...um, I need to go take an Advil."

And then a lightbulb goes off in my head. Okay, so, let's back up a bit.

My friend? is gay. GAYGAYGAYGAY. How gay, you ask. I alerted him to the fact that threadless was having a sale and also happened to have an emo Care Bear t-shirt on a cardinal red background ("Look, J! It's emo Care Bear Pete Wentz!) and he jumped up and down in happiness. Of course he bought the shirt. He also stopped asking for my help in applying his eyeliner and bought his own stick at Sephora. GAY.

"Uh, J..." I say. "You know this is chock full of female pheremones intended to attract guys."

And we stare at each other in growing realization of the affirmation of his extreme gayness on the Kinsey scale. He's so gay that the female pheremones actively, and I meant *actively* turn him off. And we full out burst out LAUGHING our asses off.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

He scampers off to tell a friend and comes back with news. "So uh," he says, "I think pheremones work?"

"Well, *I'm* fully convinced."

"NO," he says. "I was letting people sniff the perfume and, well...I think a guy just came onto me."

"!!!!!!" I say because my face is already buried in my hands at this point.

"And. I think he's bi. ...He has a girlfriend. And he was kinda...obvious about it. 'Oh, this smells gooood.... Ohhhh, you're into *dancing*?'"

And my face is still buried in my hands. I may have let out squeaking noises.

The moral to this story is: Who needs gaydar when you've got PheroGirl?

--

(In advance, I think I'll be c/p this to another message board I'm on. Oh, man.)

Edited by cinderfallen

OMG cinderfallen!! :) That was the best story I've read in days!

I've just received my LP package and I had ordered 2 samples of Phero Girl and a sample of Nox. I squeefully noticed there was a sample of Dominance included as wel!

I wouldn't have ordered it, because of the chocolate.....and it smelled really strong in the vial too, but I decided to skin test it anyway and I was happy to discover that the chocolate and coffee notes just work to ground the rose and that it's actually a very nice rosey scent!

Haven't had a chance to test it yet, though....... my husband and I are separated, but still living together as 'roommates' and caring for the boys, so I'm a little hesitant to wear it around him.......especially now that I've read that it truely *does* work!

*still giggling about cinderfallen's story* :lol:

Cinder, I cracked up at this story also.....pheromones are so much fun.....and combined with LP's scents, they are just that much better.... :)

Haha, thanks Dolly, gaia. J and I had a lot of fun that night with that realization, especially because he has never had that strong of a reaction to any of the 100s of samples I've gotten the past few years. The reaction was temporary, though, because I think he's gotten used to Pherogirl: D.

I've been testing this blend some more, and whether it's a placebo effect or the actual pheremones, I've definitely been getting some super nice people on some of my worst days. Getting hit on at the airport? Like, three times? With no makeup on and running on 3 days no sleep? = miracle. I went running to the restroom mirrors to see if I'd suddenly transformed into a gorgeous size 2 model, but nope. Still me, and not the best example of me, either, lol.

What I really like about this blend is that it layers really well with almost anything. I've used it with my mainstream perfume as well as other etailer brands, and it comes out smelling amazing each time. I think it's the pheremone that causes that sharpness, and layering helps to enhance the best elements while subduing the sharpness, which I have some trouble with. But left on its own, I love how it dries down to a faint musk with a whisper of rose/coffee.

What I really like about this blend is that it layers really well with almost anything. I've used it with my mainstream perfume as well as other etailer brands, and it comes out smelling amazing each time. I think it's the pheremone that causes that sharpness, and layering helps to enhance the best elements while subduing the sharpness, which I have some trouble with. But left on its own, I love how it dries down to a faint musk with a whisper of rose/coffee.

Yeah, it is great, isn't it.....I don't layer it, because I adore the scent.....the sharpness only lasts for a few seconds on me.....

In the bottle: This is very chocolate and coffee, but I can smell a hint of rose coming through as well. The coffee is extremely bitter to me, but the reviews say the rose comes out, and for some reason the chocolate is very appealing to me right now.

On, wet: The rose does start to shine. The coffee is still bitter, but it acts as a nice balance to keep the chocolate from being too foody.

On, dry: Oh, there are the pheremones. Ick. I like the rose and chocolate together, way more than I thought, but the stank and the burned coffee are completely taking over now. It's making me feel a bit sick to my stomach, and I think I'll have to wash it off.

My partner liked this scent, he said it was "pleasant." My cat did not like it. Usually when the cat dislikes a scent he makes a sticky face and backs up a step (he doesn't like oranges at all) but with this one, he backed up and then ran for the other end of the apartment. So, I guess the pheremones work? But this blend isn't for me, despite having some lovely roses going on. (Poo. And I did like the art and the name.)

So, I guess the pheremones work? But this blend isn't for me, despite having some lovely roses going on. (Poo. And I did like the art and the name.)

Despair not, o Scourger...I suspect we'll have more Pheros to play with soon here!!

BTW I my cat does the same "sticky" face to almost *everything* I wear except for when I use unprocessed coconut oil -which he tries to lick off. :(

Despair not, o Scourger...I suspect we'll have more Pheros to play with soon here!!

BTW I my cat does the same "sticky" face to almost *everything* I wear except for when I use unprocessed coconut oil -which he tries to lick off. :)

My cat doesn't react poorly to any of them, except Sandman.....everytime I have put it on, she takes off from my bed like a shot..... :) I normally wear a scent to bed, but that is the only one she hasn't liked....

... My cat did not like it. Usually when the cat dislikes a scent he makes a sticky face and backs up a step (he doesn't like oranges at all) but with this one, he backed up and then ran for the other end of the apartment....

Each time I put this one, I like it more. For me, the roses are amped, with the chocolate as a bottom note. I'm truly loving this scent... and, it seems to work well with the 7th grade boys. Seems to help keep them in line :blink:

And, Scourger, just like your cat, My Beloved's chihuahua creature LOATHES the scent. He, too, runs for the other side of the bed/room/etc when I open up the bottle. Cracks me up! He is such an attention hound that it is sometimes difficult to make him leave you alone... and now I have the *perfect* remedy for his clinginess :)

OK, I need help!

First, thank you Mara, Danna, or whoever put Phero Girl: Dominance in my order! I never would've ordered it based on the notes, but after sniffing I think I'm going to really like it. Thank you!

Second, this is actually probably a good one for me to try because.......... my honeybunch keeps saying he wants me to be that way.

Third:.......... I don't know how! I'm afraid if I try that act in the bedroom I'm just going to crack up and totally ruin it!

So, now that I have this little gem of a scent in my clutches, is there a way to use it to help me be like that???

Darbla

ETA:

Saaaaaay, could this help you in the workplace to get the better of the dang men you have to deal with? :blink:

Edited by Darbla

Third:.......... I don't know how! I'm afraid if I try that act in the bedroom I'm just going to crack up and totally ruin it!

First of all, get into the mind set that you are doing this FOR YOU. Just because he gets turned on by it, doesn't mean you don't call all the shots, and get to do it YOUR way! Second, don't worry; if you start to crack up, blame him for it. And then punish him for it. Third... have fun. :blink:

I've *cough* heard it is helpful to think of a role model who was suitably imperious. Don't worry if you crack up, sex is supposed to be fun. :blink:

May

(PS. If you getting physical with the dominance, don't forget to agree a safe word. It can sometimes be difficult to know when "stop" means "stop" and isn't just your sweetie getting into the role. )

OK, I need help!

First, thank you Mara, Danna, or whoever put Phero Girl: Dominance in my order! I never would've ordered it based on the notes, but after sniffing I think I'm going to really like it. Thank you!

Second, this is actually probably a good one for me to try because.......... my honeybunch keeps saying he wants me to be that way.

So, now that I have this little gem of a scent in my clutches, is there a way to use it to help me be like that???

Darbla

ETA:

Saaaaaay, could this help you in the workplace to get the better of the dang men you have to deal with? :blink:

Yes, this blend is REALLY good for the workplace.....gives off the "I'm in charge" vibe.

Trust me.......in the bedroom, just try to let your inhibitions go, and roll with it.....you will be surprised how easy it is to assume a totally different personality.....the pheros do help a bit with that......I think you're going to enjoy it..... :)

Darbla

And, Darbla... If you would like, I can hook you up with some toys/lotions/etc to help add some zip to the bedroom... and it can be as simple as a blindfold on your man to add a different dimension to the whole experience (that, combined with Dominance, might really be interesting)...