Chris's Peppered Egyptian Musk

liz

I don't want to steal Chris's thunder but....I LUV this ! so glad I scored a bottle ! something in this reminds me of something I've had the pleasure of smelling/wearing before. Just lovely !

ps: again...who is Chris ?

This is one of my recent PE's, and it turned out so awesome! Spicy, and smooth and kind of mysterious (if a scent can be mysterious LOL)...I almost wish I'd gotten more than I did. Oh well, I guess I can always request it again if I run out LOL.

This is one of my recent PE's, and it turned out so awesome! Spicy, and smooth and kind of mysterious (if a scent can be mysterious LOL)...I almost wish I'd gotten more than I did. Oh well, I guess I can always request it again if I run out LOL.

oh...you're Chris !! nice scent, glad I purchased one !!

Funny, I don't actually detect the black pepper or ginger (I did shake before applying), but this has a sheer, almost aquatic feel -- cool and refreshing. Rather than being 'hot' (in the spicy sense), it actually reminds me most of CTM -- it has that same "please wear me to the beach, under a billowing sheer white coverup, because I am a cool seaside breeze" feeling. It smells like this color:

Peruvian_Chalcedony_Ring.jpg

Beautiful...but a bit too subtle for me...may trade...

For me, Egyptian Musk often has that type of impression; it's more of a clean type of musk (depending on the source), that's normally why it's used for the "skin musk" type blends.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Bumping as it's been a long time since I last used this. I still don't get any spice. The scent stayed true the whole day as I put on my clothes right after applying it on my torso. It's quite a nice, creamy & cozy scent. I'm glad that I have another bottle coming from a trade.

• 1 month later...

I got my bottle today, and I just love it to pieces!!! It's kind of sheer on me, too, and I like what tyvey posted above about the beach scene and that picture of the gemstone. It IS like that. I get an almost woody smell with the musk after the pepper settles. Like I'm wearing Egyptian musk while sitting on the sand (wearing the sheer white cover-up borrowed from tyvey) and playing with driftwood. Thankyou, Mara, for the sale on PEs!!! :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 4 years later...

Was in a hurry to leave for dinner and my bottle slipped out of my hand and crashed on the floor. Mopped up and smeared some on my body. Five minutes later, my torso is feeling the "burning" sensation. It's definitely coming from the spices.