Shen Tao

perfumesniffer

2 hours ago, Lainey said:

Bringing over the details from Halo's Archive thread:

I was surprised to see that there was peach in here, because I don't pick it up and also it doesn't turn plasticky on me. It's very faint. I just reapplied it and now I can kind of smell peach. Nothing about this is intense for me. It's soft and pretty, and doesn't last that long. I like it, but I'm not brokenhearted that I missed out on a bottle. 

I LOVED this scent on my bride.  By the time I got her to wear it and I found out how wonderful she smelled in it, I was too late and it was already sold out.

55 minutes ago, Snoopyace said:

I LOVED this scent on my bride.  By the time I got her to wear it and I found out how wonderful she smelled in it, I was too late and it was already sold out.

That's too bad. :(  

See, it's gone on me again already. I just reapplied it around 3 or 4 this afternoon, and it's just before 8 now, and it's mostly gone except for a faint soft scent on my wrist.

8 minutes ago, Lainey said:

That's too bad. :(  

See, it's gone on me again already. I just reapplied it around 3 or 4 this afternoon, and it's just before 8 now, and it's mostly gone except for a faint soft scent on my wrist.

That’s a shame because it really is a wonderful scent.

• 6 months later...

Ohhhhh...  So my bride wore this again today and I cannot believe how well it's aged.  There is just something about this scent that drives me crazy whenever she wears it.  She's almost out but she saves it for special occasions because it is gone.  Anyone know of a current scent that would be somewhat similar?  

Hmmm, I thought maybe there was another floriental-type scent, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.  But nothing really reminiscent of this, I would say.

9 hours ago, luna65 said:

Hmmm, I thought maybe there was another floriental-type scent, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.  But nothing really reminiscent of this, I would say.

Yeah.  I was looking through all the available scents I didn’t think I saw anything like it currently.

@Snoopyace I think you might just love anything with bergamot! 

I don't think I've ever smelled this one, but it's a peachy/fruity floriental? With cream? I would've guessed Empress of Persica if I was on a perfume guessing game show. That's why we have an actual peach connoisseur on deck. Have you smelled Prisma? It's a mango/melon musky, fizzy cream, you might like it. I think it's going to age really well. And Kiss of Nectar is a sweet and musky honeysuckle butterscotch, no fruit though. 

Just thought I'd drop in to help/not help. Isn't it awesome when people try to give advice on things on which they have absolutely no knowledge or experience? Like strangers in the supermarket offering parenting advice?

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Snoopyace I think you might just love anything with bergamot! 

I don't think I've ever smelled this one, but it's a peachy/fruity floriental? With cream? I would've guessed Empress of Persica if I was on a perfume guessing game show. That's why we have an actual peach connoisseur on deck. Have you smelled Prisma? It's a mango/melon musky, fizzy cream, you might like it. I think it's going to age really well. And Kiss of Nectar is a sweet and musky honeysuckle butterscotch, no fruit though. 

Just thought I'd drop in to help/not help. Isn't it awesome when people try to give advice on things on which they have absolutely no knowledge or experience? Like strangers in the supermarket offering parenting advice?

Yup, a peachy floriental.  There is just something about the scent that I LOVE on her.

Just now, luna65 said:

I describe it as a peaches-and-cream floriental myself.

Exactly!

1 minute ago, Eastwood22 said:

Okay, well, if this turns into a Bride of Snoopystein PE, I'm down.

Hmmm...  😊

But the thing is, Mara has already stated at least a year ago that she is no longer attempting dupe-type PE versions of the back catalog because in most cases it's just not possible.

3 hours ago, luna65 said:

But the thing is, Mara has already stated at least a year ago that she is no longer attempting dupe-type PE versions of the back catalog because in most cases it's just not possible.

Yes, but an original peach-y scent might not be out of the question.  I prefer to start with an inspiration and add my own twists when I do ask for a scent.  

Ah okay, understood.  I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going in the other direction.  LOL, most of my PE ideas have been what i refer to as "fanfic" (meaning derivative) of things Mara created.