Tera's Tickled Pink

tyvey

Pink sugar can get weirdly... piercing? sour? I can't explain - on me, but in this, it's so harmonious with the vanilla and the amber. To me is an extremely cheerful scent, for daytime, and very youthful- I imagine younger girls would just flip for it.

I had this one made for my friends birthday since she loves pink scents. I'm glad it turned out so well, I really like it too.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I received a sniffee of this in trade and WOW this is a beautifully done Pink Scent!!!! It's wonderfully spun pink sugared cotton candy that glitters!

This is a sparkling pink tutu with satin ballerina slippers too match!! I need this in my life!!!! What are the ingredients??

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to recall this was just a simplified version of LP Pink with some kind of spice on top? I have a sniffee and that's it makes me think of - and then Mara and I discussed it, I think - but I can't recall the specific notes.

Here's the original description as posted on the PE page, but I am not sure if I saved the recipe. I'll have to search.

July Girl designed this one for her LP Pink loving friend, Tera. And you'll be tickled pink too, with this blend of Pink Cotton Candy, rich and decadent buttery dark Vanilla, Pink Amber, and a sprinkling of Cardamon EO.

Ok, I found the recipe! :)

Yup, I can rebrew this, but it would be good to know how many bottles I should make before I brew it, if possible. Thanks!

Cardamom! NO WAY! I can never wear that note but it seems to work in TTP, (sratches head in puzzlement) As for ordering a bottle, I wouldn't hesitate BUT I seem to remember Mara mentioning on a recent thread that she was considering rebreeding Sparkle Fushia. In all honesty, SF would win out hands down as to what I would hoard order. But if a SF rebrew isn't in the cards, then yes, I would order a bottle of TTP. I am looking for a pink scent since I only have a bit of TTP left, Was going to order a bottle of LP Pink, But I think TTP is a bit spicier no?

Does that help?

ETA: Whoops, I just read the Sparkle Fuchsia thread. Looks like Mara wants feed back on a rebrew, so I will focus my input there. But Mara, if you scrap the SF project, then yes TTP is for me.

Edited by Raq On

I'm game. But LV, what about your PE pumpkin sparkle or whatever? How does it compare with TTP or SF?

Mara is asking for input on the SF thread. Maybe you can articulate there better than my lame assed attempt.

Edited by Raq On

I'm game. But LV, what about your PE pumpkin sparkle or whatever? How does it compare with TTP or SF?

Mara is asking for input on the SF thread. Maybe you can articulate there better than my lame assed attempt.

Okay If I were to compare them as fireworks, Sparkle Fuschia is a bursting pink firework the ones that look like fry guys.

It sparkles and sizzles and makes you feel like a chandelier.

Sparkle Plenty is creamier and daintier on me and is more like those sparklers that you hold in your hand and wave around and over your head. It's fun and spicy. The spice does come out after the dry down like a nice fizz. I wore it the other day and I was quite happy actually, it has that same sparkle quality that Sparkle Fuschia has.

I will be the only person on earth to state: ultimately I couldn't get that into Sparkle Fuchsia. Took me a long time to figure out that liking to eat pumpkin pie does not equal liking the smell of pumpkin. I was really just there for the spices. That fleshy pumpkin thing about SF is what doesn't work for me. It's a pink-orange fizz sparkliness whereas Tera's is an opaque creamy pink.

Not the only one, but because it's a pink pumpkin blend I could hang with it a bit better. I know pumpkin blends are effective and popular but most of them don't mesh well with me because of the spice aspect. But the pinkness of SF helped tame the spices for me, that's why I thought it was a great idea. Personally I think I'm more of a pumpkin & resin girl when it comes to that note.

Now I'm utterly confused. I keep claiming to like the resiny scents, but maybe it's the spicy scents I like. SF for me is not spicy or resiny, it's more.....like a pink cookie, but not cloying, which is why I thought I liked pink scents too. So I bought :

LP pink like, but still debating a bottle

TTpink: like also but don't get any spice prob #2 after Sparkle F though

OCCO pink like but almost too sweet

Candy Pop: could NOT do that one

Pink Emeralds too sweet

And then I buy the pumpkin based scents as I stated above, and they didn't work out so much either. Too sweet. So what is in SF that gives it that PERFECTNESS? Is it the amber/lemon/berry then?

It may just be that the ingredients in their sourcing, ratios and blending works best on you, is all. But yeah not every "type" of a particular scent will end up appealing to someone, in my experience. There's always one (or a few) which are the exception.

• 2 months later...

This is so funny! I smelled this one "blind", as I always do, not letting myself see the label first so I can gauge my first impression unbiased. My thoughts were.... deep, rich, like chocolate, but sweet, delicious... it just tickles my nose in a nice way! Then I looked at the bottle in my hand - Tickled Pink!! Perfect name! What a lovely, deep, soulful pink this is. It is sweet but not overbearing, delicious but not sickly, rich but gentle. I wish I had more than a sniffee of this! I will need to keep an eye out for it on the trade thread I think :)

ETA: Just reading back on the other posts on this thread, and seems TP is basically LP Pink but with cardamom added?? That's really interesting, because something about LP Pink on its own doesn't agree with me. It just goes like bubblegum, too sweet in a not-nice, fake way. But somehow the cardamom in this cancels that out, and replaces it with a deep richness, while keeping in all the good notes.

Edited by Synergist