Coffee-Sugar Scrub anyone?

Potion Master

I couldn't help myself. I ran out, and now I'm addicted. So I had to make more of Luna's exxxcelent scrubby goody.

This time I made it thusly:

Coffee galore, brown sugar, white sugar, shea butter, coconut oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil, foamy bath butter, and scented with chocolate, vanilla, and peppermint EO. It smells deleeecious!

I LOVE peppermint EO in the bath, because it makes you all tingly and cool especially when your pores are open from the heat, and it's sooo hot out there.....

It's a tiny bit less tar-like than last time. It's still very much like brownie batter, but a hair looser and more spreadable.

Anyway, fact is, this stuff is so expensive to make, I don't know about retailing it. I think I'll just share it for what I assume is cost at the moment. So, anyone want to share this batch with me? I'll package it in the same little 4 oz deli containers (to save on packaging costs) I used for the samples, stuffed to the top, and sealed in baggies. It should last around 4 weeks in this container - you have to use it promptly unless you keep it bagged and put it in the fridge, or else it will dry out. It'll have to be included with an order too, this stuff is so heavy I can't mail it on it's own.

So, $7.00 each per 4 oz (by volume) container. Any takers? Let's say 12 available. Might be a little more avail, but I'll let you know.

This stuff has solved a life-long skin problem for me! I've had little bumps on my upper arms my entire adult life, that only go away during period-week every month, so it's seemingly hormonal? I've been using this 2-3 times per week and the bumps are GONE. I can't believe it! Thanks so much for the idea, Luna!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to GoddessLynne is case she sees this: I still have a sample of my original mad-scientist mixture here with your name on it which I will include in your next box. John packaged the orders the day they went out last time and forgot to put yours in your box so we saved it aside for you. Sorry!

IDK, but I was able to entice my 3 yr.old ( who was adamantly against taking a bath @ that moment ) into getting in shower. He saw how messy I was from the scrub & decided he would like to be messy too! He also said it smelled like 'yummy chocolate' in there, either way he ended up all clean in the end.

Ooooh, Mara!! I will definitely take one, and can't wait for the sample!! I'm going to place an order soon (by the w/end) so if you'd like, just invoice me for the coffee/sugar at your convenience, to go with my next order.

I am going to try my sample today and let you know, but in all probability it'ss be a yes. I am a sucker for the peppermint and for scrubs. Mara that's so interesting about the bumps. Keratosis Pilaris is the technical term. Usually they go away by the late 30's but I am intrigued by the hormonal connection. Estrogen is some wacky stuff.

Ohhhh yes yes yes..I will be placing another order when the new releases come out again,how do I add it?...and wonder if this can be froze ??

Thank you :lol:

Edited by Calii

I am going to try my sample today and let you know, but in all probability it'ss be a yes. I am a sucker for the peppermint and for scrubs. Mara that's so interesting about the bumps. Keratosis Pilaris is the technical term. Usually they go away by the late 30's but I am intrigued by the hormonal connection. Estrogen is some wacky stuff.

I think I have to pass on this one with the peppermint. It was good and scrubby but my skin doesn't seem to like being scrubbed right now due to all my meds. Or something, who knows.

I'll take Halo's order...is too yummy too pass up!

Is there any way we could just 'gift' the money to LP via paypal to save you getting dinged on fees?

Edited by Beccah1

I'll take one for sure!!

MAH SCRUB iz heer!!! And it smells soooooo goooood!!!!11

I'm trying to hold off till tomorrow to use it (it's in my mom's fridge right now) but I may have to just succumb to the temptation for another shower this evening.

Everything to love about MAH SCRUB with added tingly!! There's a green tint to this one, which I thought was pretty cool (again, it doesn't stain) but it seemed to have the same texture (granted, I had it in my mom's fridge for a while because it had been in the heat in transit). But this is fabu for after a long hot day or a good wake-up call in the morning. I even had to go out and get a Java Chip frappucino with a peppermint shot!

Ok, I'm going to make this easy on myself and everyone else. If you want one of these, just use the "buy gift certificate" button for $5. (has to be with an order, not alone!) And in the note section, just say that it's for Coffee Scrub.

Here's the page, it's the second option: http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/store/Redeem_Coupon.html

Incidentally, I weighed the 4 oz deli containers when they are packed to the brim, and it weighs 4 oz too! So, yeah, 4 oz by weight and by volume is what you will get for $5. OK?

Ok, I'm going to make this easy on myself and everyone else. If you want one of these, just use the "buy gift certificate" button for $5. (has to be with an order, not alone!) And in the note section, just say that it's for Coffee Scrub.

Here's the page, it's the second option: http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/store/Redeem_Coupon.html

Incidentally, I weighed the 4 oz deli containers when they are packed to the brim, and it weighs 4 oz too! So, yeah, 4 oz by weight and by volume is what you will get for $5. OK?

OK ? ...no,that is awesome :) ...as you are!

• 4 weeks later...

I still have a few of these left if anyone is interested. Not sure about pending orders, but it looks like there is still 3 available here. Anyone?

I'm thinking that I will start making a new fresh scrub every month to share, since I am now officially addicted to the whole scrubby experience. Will add button to the cart in the B&B area. I have all the ingredients laid out for a new one I want to try this month. heee.

• 3 weeks later...

So...October's scrub:

Coffee and White Sugar Scrub, scented with Pumpkin, Fudge, Pralines and Cream!

...is SO FREAKIN GOOD and not just because my EBIL GENIUS plan to get Mara addicted to making coffee-sugar scrub was a success! :)

This one has a stronger coffee scent than last month, however, so you do have to enjoy the smell of coffee, but it's like the ultimate pumpkin mocha OMGYUM! As always it leaves you amazingly sensuously soft and is really dense so as Mara suggested to me, get it a bit wet before you start spreadin' and scrubbin.'

Edited by luna65

So...October's scrub:

...is SO FREAKIN GOOD and not just because my EBIL GENIUS plan to get Mara addicted to making coffee-sugar scrub was a success! :)

This one has a stronger coffee scent than last month, however, so you do have to enjoy the smell of coffee, but it's like the ultimate pumpkin mocha OMGYUM! As always it leaves you amazingly senuously soft and is really dense so as Mara suggested to me, get it a bit wet before you start spreadin' and scrubbin.'

It's all that and a bag of chips, seriously! I'm talking myself out of ordering more *right now!* It's like a coffee drink in the shower - two of my favorite morning activities get to play together!

So...October's scrub:

This one has a stronger coffee scent than last month, however, so you do have to enjoy the smell of coffee, but it's like the ultimate pumpkin mocha OMGYUM! As always it leaves you amazingly sensuously soft and is really dense so as Mara suggested to me, get it a bit wet before you start spreadin' and scrubbin.'

Just placed my order!!!

Also: you can polish yourself like glass with this stuff. Like glass, bubbeh, you don't know from smooth! I don't think I was this smooth when I was born! It's soooo awesome. And your bathroom will smell like Starbucks for a while, but for me that's a good thing. :001_302:

I ued the Peppermint/Coffee/Chocolate one this morning...I loved everything about it,from lathering to the way it feels and love the way it smells while using it and everytime I walked back into my bathroom :blue_dancing_banana:

I just have to say how awesome this stuff is! Tried it with my Clarisonic body brush & I swear I've paid @ the minimum $45 a session for microderm to get results like I experienced! My little arms bumps were completely gone in one use & I swear I'm softer than my 3 yr.old.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking....um....brown sugar/apple/pumpkin? Harvesty, and mositurizing with a lot of nice oils in it.

I want to give the coffee a rest for a month.

What think you?

Sounds great to me ...I would like one without coffee,for my evening shower :lol: I have been using the coffee ones mainly on my face in the am ;)

*cries*

NO I'M JUST KIDDING! *pets the Mara*

Sounds good to me but we can haz not so much spices plz? And a little bit of maple? *kitteh face*

Serious question that does not sound like it: is there any chance any of these will ever be safe to eat? Because one of these days I am definitely going to "accidentally" eat some of that pumpkin/choc/coffee business.

Well they've all got the foaming soap butter in them, and you definitely can't eat that. I would imagine making an edible product means it wouldn't keep too long at all.

Definitely light on the spices, my thoughts too.

No edible, no. bwaha!

If I just did veggie oils and sugar and flavors though.....I CAN actually do that. Have to check out my flavor stash. BUT, there would be no suds, it would be oily. Maybe will try for fun.

Definitely light on the spices, my thoughts too.

No edible, no. bwaha!

If I just did veggie oils and sugar and flavors though.....I CAN actually do that. Have to check out my flavor stash. BUT, there would be no suds, it would be oily. Maybe will try for fun.

oh GOODIE !!

umm...Mara, my PE scrub doesn't "suds" like everyone claims their's does ?! BUT...it does smell TERRIFIC :lol:

Edited by liz