Beverly's Musky Coffee & Smoke

tyvey

• 4 weeks later...
this sounds vury sexy

It is!

This intrigued me - it makes me think of something Serge Lutens would come up with - it's the kind of scent which immediately says to me, at the conceptual level, You know you want me.

In the bottle and at first on my skin it is a creamy coffee with just the slightest suggestion of sweetness, and I think it's probably more my brain telling me that the sweetness is there rather it actually being there. But within about five minutes it gives way to the smoke accord, which, coupled with the musk, is very sexy. It's sort of like the remnants of woodsmoke, like when you can smell it in your hair. It seems like the coffee note sort of moves to the bottom because there's a very earthy sort of impression later on. I couldn't get Quince to wear this (he can stand the smell of coffee but he'd never want to smell like it himself) but this is, for me, definitely the scent of a sexy man. *purr*

Edited by luna65

Sniff, I'm sad I will prob never get to try it. Oh wells. Speaking of the smell of sexy men, I assume you know there's a Demeter called Quince! just saw it in a store today and I'm pretty confident that that is NOT what *your* Quince smells like.

LOL, it's hilarious that you mention that because I did get him a bottle of that just to be funny. He said I needed to keep it (a really naughty joke involved) but I like seeing it sitting on his dresser. I actually like the scent of it, but no, it's not what he smells like.

• 1 month later...

So, after much begging and pleading and bargaining I was allowed to slather this on the back of Quince's neck on Friday night and ooooohhhhh so sexy! He didn't smell the coffee part of it at all, luckily, just the smoke and then I dabbed a bit more, and a bit more, and then it was pouncy time! His body heat really amplified it to a beacon of come get me and I did!

The musk is what really holds it all together but the other notes accent the musk and cause all sorts of lovely naughty associations. I would have never associated sex with coffee really (and I love the scent of coffee) but I kept thinking about that...scenarios involving coffee (not literally, it just happened to be there in the scene, lol).

The problem is eeking out the precious because I love to wear it as much as I love it on him. *purr*

Edited by luna65