RECOMMEND A PERFUME FOR MY MAN....

Indigo

I wondered what you ladies found enticing on your men?

As soon as my order arrives I have promised mon amour that I shall surely order him a perfume from love potion however it is hard to choose amidst the rich panoply of fragrances.

I adore woody, musky, warm and 'full' scents on my lover. I detest anything sweet, reminiscent of food and also scents which are acidic, acrid, citrusy. Spice is pleasant as long as its not the 'old man type' of spice otherwise it reminds me of Grandad smoking his pipe which is pleasant but not sexy!

In the mass produced category of perfumes both he and I have relished Jaipur by Boucheron. We also enjoyed to a lesser extent Envy by Gucci and Coach's fragrance for men.

All of the above are warm, musky scents with subtle notes of spice, the latter being oriental rather than gastronomic or geriatric. These scents are also grounded by wooded, earthy tones that bring fullness and a sense of maturity.

I should add that they are in no way sugary nor sour like some overly aquatic or citrusy perfumes can be.

Any thoughts, recommendations, would be great as I very much desire treating my man to something lovely from this site but do worry somewhat as he is of a fussy disposition with regard to what he wears.

I want to encourage him to eschew commercial products so I seek something that will win him over fragrance-wise and of course which I will find delicious on him.

Thanks for your advice.....

Edited by Indigo

To start with I would suggest one of the classic LPMP scents for men, like Merlin or Excalibur. What I like on a man (especially my own) is not necessarily what I would recommend to you, but you should read the descriptions on the site using the "men's" filter to see what might appeal to you.

I love Bodice Ripper on my man, and it is one of his faves as well!

Thank you so much for your advice, Excalibur sounds wonderful, lots of resins even though there are no musks.

Has anyone tried out Pendragon?

Perhaps I should order some trial vials!

It is so hard to tell also how scent will mix in with someone's body chemistry..

I could not find the description for bodice ripper, maybe as it is sold out and it sounds too raunchy for him to wear without little moi!

Edited by Indigo

Thank you so much for your advice, Excalibur sounds wonderful, lots of resins even though there are no musks.

Has anyone tried out Pendragon?

Perhaps I should order some trial vials!

It is so hard to tell also how scent will mix in with someone's body chemistry..

I could not find the description for bodice ripper, maybe as it is sold out and it sounds too raunchy for him to wear without little moi!

There's a review thread for Pendragon you can read here.

But trial vials are the best way to go to test things out.

Boddice Ripper is part of the sale, that's why it appears as sold out. The description is here.