Vampire Cabernet

Dolly

AD-VampCabernet.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Vampire Cabernet

Cabernet and Chardonnay made sensuous with honeycomb and wild cherry upon warm smooth sandalwood attar. Unique and sexy, rich and seductive...order one next time you’re looking for a night cap...or maybe just a bite?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WINE ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
WILD CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so this is not quite as dark as I envisioned....it is more "bright" on me......HOWEVER, that said.....I could see myself wearing it.....the honey adds a nice sexy touch, and the sandalwood prevents the cherry and wine from trying to fight for the spotlight, becoming too fruity and loud.....I like it....after drydown, it is bright and dark at the same time.....if that makes sense?

• 3 weeks later...

On me, this smells very like red licorice right after application.

When it dries down, it has a very interesting smell-- it does seem like something a vampire might smell like. Sweet berries, a hint of wine, and the sandalwood and honey make it earthy. It's a dark and mysterious smell to me, if that makes sense.

Deep, dark and deranged heh heh. :lol: This is no ordinary wine scent but a really thick, dark wine made even sexier with the cherry and honey and that sensual finish of sandalwood. Sometimes wine scents can go cloying on me but this one doesn't at any point. It has a "bloody" feel without smelling like actual blood but rather like pulsating dark fruits, and is actually really addictive.

This is definitley the most true smelling wine scent I have ever smelled. It's deep, rich and oaky (like an aged cabernet). It does not turn fruity, but stays the same throughout. It's a nighttime scent for sure. Well-named and very nice!

The wine and cherry make it very juicy, but the sandalwood is dry, which makes an intriguing juxtaposition. The drydown phase isn't as nice as it is wet for me, so I'm on the fence.

I really liked the combination of the cherry and the wine accords in the beginning, but the wine notes went rather sharp on me. I've learned from past experience that a white wine accord usually goes a bit vinegary with my chemistry. However, the drydown is lovely, the sandalwood and honeycomb are a wonderful combination, with just the slighest hint of the fruit notes floating above. Very smooth and soft.

• 2 weeks later...

At first, this one was very grapey on me, but once it settled, it really says " Smell me! I'm an intriguing fragrance!" On me,as it fades, it reveals different layers of a truly sensual perfume oil, the grape blooms into a full fledged wine, maybe some woodsy type scent under that, incense eventually chimes in giving it some true depth, and then there is something honey sweet to it. It gets points for lasting power as well. It's very different and I like different very much! Nicely done!

• 1 year later...

Mmm, I get the wine, and the honey... maybe some cherry. The sandalwood comes out after it dries down. It's very interesting, but not really me, I don't think. I can't see myself actually wearing this, although I do like the scent...

• 5 months later...

I have a sniffee of something called "Vamp Cabernet" - I guess it is this one, Vampire Cabernet? Anyway, this is a really surprising and intriguing smell. At first I thought it was quite pink, like a burnt or smoky pink. As it dried down it became very juicy, in a definite cabernet way, but still retains a dryness that keeps it a little "dark" and makes it a little more than just a summery, fruity blend. It is delish, and I only wish I had more than a sniffee. I think more perfumes should be based on wine smells, although I probably don't need to go around smelling like an alcoholic!

When first applied it smelled like maraschino cherries and that burnt smoky pink synergist is talking about. then it morphed into sandalwood with honeyed cherry and the wine dancing in the background.

I asked someone what a person who'd wear this perfume look like and they said, "A sexy raven haired girl in an inappropriately black body hugging dress and killer heels...at a funeral."

So...sexy and dark? Mournful? IDk! Very interesting scent.

Edited by MeriendaTime

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I so wanted to be in love with this one after reading the description and seeing the sexy label, but unfortunately it goes all cherry cough drop on my skin. So bummed!!

Basically the same here, but actually I get more intense !GRAPE! flavouring screaming across my skin. However, after several hours that toned down and it was gorgeous honeycomb as the standout. However, (and luckily) there are lots of lovely LPs that get straight down to honeycomb business without the fruit candy/medicine bit at the start, so I don't think this one is for me. I was also sad that the sandalwood didn't seem at all noticeable on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a sniffy of this one that I tested today and dang it, this is another one I might have to go fb on. I'm starting to look at the size of my lp collection versus how much I can possibly wear! But I do really love this one. I'm going to wear it out of the house soon (not too soon, since I'm most likely going to be snowed in for the rest of the week) rather than just doing a little test swipe on my arm, and then make the decision of whether or not I have to add it to "the list" lol.

I don't even know what to say this one smells like to me. I guess the wine works well on me, which is good because something else alcohol-ish that I've tried (can't remember exactly what, but I think it was something in Pouncing Potion maybe?) smelled very over-the-top boozy on me. Vampire Cabernet does not at all. I have begun to think that I can't wear cherry, the few scents I've tried with cherry have not worked for me, but this one does! I can't honestly smell the cherry at all, or maybe because it's "wild cherry" it's not the cherry scent I'm expecting, and therefore I'm just not recognizing it? I wore this one before looking at the ingredients, and I could definitely pick up on the honey (but only after dry-down). Honey usually goes dark and dirty on me, and this is no exception, but it sort of felt like it was beneath the surface, sort of hidden beneath the other scents? So it didn't come across as "too" dirty for me to wear, at least not in the amount that I tested. Now that I think about it, maybe I should test it more while I'm snowed in, in case the honey comes off too strong! One thing that I am noticing about myself and my lp tastes though is that I am definitely favoring scents with sandalwood, even though I really don't know what sandalwood by itself smells like. But it's becoming a pretty common factor in my lp preferences, I've noticed, so maybe that's part of the appeal of VC.

I've been going back and forth about what to order next, and now I'm thinking that THIS might be my next FB!

ETA: It's been several, several hours since I posted this, and I can still smell the honey on my skin. Wondering if anyone knows if it's just honey or if it's Aja? It kind of smells like it now that it's the only smell left!

Edited by Amalthea1978

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to bump this thread and ask if anyone has any other feedback or reviews on this? Have 2 bottles coming from sale and excited @ it, wondering how this would play out. I'm also wondering if based on feedback where others didn't like certain notes, did you layer it with another LP to make it work for you?

I'm also thinking since this was brewed awhile ago, anyone checked on the aging due to the wine notes, wondering if scent is different now. Any input appreciated. I should be able to try within next 2 wks (not sure when mine ships), but would be good to know if anyone has revisited this. I love honeycomb and based on another thread, I think Mara said is the smutty honey - which is a win for me as smutty honey doesn't turn to powder on me. :D

• 1 month later...

So I scored some vamp cabernet during sale. And (again) going against my own 'rule' of wearing 3x prior to posting review.

But here it is anyway - tested this last night.

Wet on skin - overpowering dark feeling, heavy on the resin

Dry down - first few huffs, did not like at all. Then it started growing on me. I didn't 'get' the cherry like others. My skin amped the honey and screamed out the sandalwood like a madwoman. Resinous sandalwood on me. No wine notes came thru either.

That said, there's also something comforting @ scent, but not sure I could wear around others bc the way my skin morphs this. I love the honey in this one, stays true and does not go powdery but my skin latches unto the sandalwood in major way. Will prob put a FB up for swap though as have 2. I want to play with this more to see if I can blend w/ something else to tame it.

In interim, will enjoy on occassion as like the comfy/ cozy feeling it gives. This could def be a good dark/ sexy for someone who can pull that off or who doesn't amp smokey resinous sandalwood.

ETA: Just wanted to add, when I say my skin amped the sandalwood, I mean in most major amp my skin has ever done. Smokey resinous dark sandalwood amp. I def can't wear around others. :(

Edited by Beach Goddess

I got this scent in the sale as well. I was very intrigued by it. The smell in the bottle is great. It gave me flashbacks of this bohemian-like wine bar I used to frequent in my twenties. I love when scents do this. Unfortunately, when I wore it, the sandalwood amped on me big time! I smelled like I was dipped into an incense burner. I love the smell of sandalwood too but my skin seems to do weird things to it.

I got this scent in the sale as well. I was very intrigued by it. The smell in the bottle is great. It gave me flashbacks of this bohemian-like wine bar I used to frequent in my twenties. I love when scents do this. Unfortunately, when I wore it, the sandalwood amped on me big time! I smelled like I was dipped into an incense burner. I love the smell of sandalwood too but my skin seems to do weird things to it.

I agree Tink. I'm really hoping that I can find a way to tame this bc I like the intent of the notes. But the sandalwood almost smelled like it was burned, or at least slightly toasted. :)

I agree Rose and Tink, wonder what other scent could maybe 'calm down' the sandalwood? I love it as an incense, and love the magickal properties of it (along with all notes in this) - just wondering if there could be a scent or essential oil to 'calm' it or make it 'play nice' to make it more rounded.

Edited by Beach Goddess

Beach Goddess, you had made a very fascinating point but I think you edited it out of your post? I've been thinking about this a lot since I read the post. It was about the possibility of amping specific scents for a reason, as in maybe we're amping sandalwood because at this time we need the magickal properties of it. It was something like this. I think you may be onto something. I have been in the process of healing for several months from a great loss in my life and sandalwood does have great healing properties. I'm going to look into this some more...

Beach Goddess, you had made a very fascinating point but I think you edited it out of your post? I've been thinking about this a lot since I read the post. It was about the possibility of amping specific scents for a reason, as in maybe we're amping sandalwood because at this time we need the magickal properties of it. It was something like this. I think you may be onto something. I have been in the process of healing for several months from a great loss in my life and sandalwood does have great healing properties. I'm going to look into this some more...

Thanks Tink! I edited bc I wasn't sure that part made much sense (that I had expressed correctly), but that was my thought at the time. I'm also in a 'healing' phase. Let me know what you find out, definitely interested! As much as this scent-wise does not work for me, I'm going to keep at least 1 FB bc I felt it was comforting scent for me. Did you notice any feeling when wearing?

Beach Goddess, it made sense to me! :)

You know, when I wore this, it was extremely comforting to me too, so much so that I took a nap. Other scents with sandalwood do this to me too. It has a very calming affect on me. (But the sandalwood always seems to amp big-time!)

And, if I find anything about this, I'll let you know!

Edited by tink333

Beach Goddess, it made sense to me! :)

You know, when I wore this, it was extremely comforting to me too, so much so that I took a nap. Other scents with sandalwood do this to me too. It has a very calming affect on me. (But the sandalwood always seems to amp big-time!)

And, if I find anything about this, I'll let you know!

Me too - as far as taking nap. I'll also do some research. If this is my own 'napping potion' I may keep both FBs! I actually curled myself up on the couch directly after testing the first time, and know the scent had something to do with that, in a positive way.

(sorry Halo and Luna if this is off topic, pls let me know)

• 3 months later...

Since I was browsing and this thread came back up I thought I would add a bit more now that I've had more experience with this. This scent, more than anything else I've ever tried, definitely depends on my skin chemistry. I'm not sure if it has to do with time of the month or maybe my diet, but sometimes this is gorgeous on me and sometimes it goes very plastic-y. I haven't quite nailed down when it's "safe" to wear it and when it's not, so I tend to just wear it when I know I'll be home in the evening. It does have a sort of cozy feel to it - although I'm sure "cozy" isn't quite the word I'm looking for, it's the closest I can find for it right now. I believe it is the cherry that goes plastic, and that if there were no cherry in it this would be an all-around win for me.

• 2 months later...

Decided to grab a random sample for perfume this morning, and this one came up. When it was first brewed, it had an almost bright quality to it. However, after aging, it is smooth and rich Everything is perfectly balanced, and absolutely beautiful. I am hoping that I can get a couple bottles before it goes bye-bye permanently......

Edited by Dolly

• 4 years later...

Bumping for charity auction! 

Remember the vampire craze a decade ago and how it’s not a thing these days? Don’t let the name throw you off. This is sexy vampire you secretly leave your window open for at night, not sparkly teenage vampire. It’s darker, but still playful from the cherry. Deep, rich, fruity and definitely a sex BOMB.