Ghostbumps

bruiseviolet

AD-GhostBumps.jpg

Ghostbumps

Ethereal, elegant, mysterious, opulent and a touch "antique" smelling, featuring a soft blending of African Rosewood, Egyptian Musk, White Peach, Parma Violet, Jasmine blossoms, Vanilla, White Cedar, Amber and a drop of Lemon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ROSEWOOD ~ Love, spreads an exotic aura, mystery, darkness. Enhances psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
WHITE PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
PARMA VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
JASMINE BLOSSOM ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WHITE CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't find a review on this one. Curious to know what it is like. Has anyone tried it?

I actually like this this one. It's a pretty, slightly dry floral with a slight hint of lemon. The most prominent note I get is a very classic violet.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Gorgeous Egyptian Musk all the way!

This one is chic, classic chic...

It starts out ambery on me, then the violet steps in but its just a spark of it! Then it fades a bit and the musk ohhhh the glorious musk stays! Got no peach or lemon notes, and no cedar...The Rosewood, maybe it showed up, but I don't know how to identify its smell...

This is like violet petals with amber and musk, musk, musk...

I'm a gourmand freak, but I surely enjoy smelling something more classic like this potion...It is perfumey, but never boring...

And I have to say the Egyptian musk is sublime...high quality musk...

Likey, likey!

This one is beautiful and I can't believe there aren't more reviews! I hadn't tried a dry floral before, but I like it much better than the typical floral. It smells, soft, feminine and classic. I don't feel like I am smelling flowers with this, it is more perfumey but really beautiful. :Emoticons04235:

This one is beautiful and I can't believe there aren't more reviews! I hadn't tried a dry floral before, but I like it much better than the typical floral. It smells, soft, feminine and classic. I don't feel like I am smelling flowers with this, it is more perfumey but really beautiful. :Emoticons04235:

Hi, Bruiseviolet!

Have you tried layering this one?

No, I hardly ever layer scents. Have you tried? What does it go good with?

Oh, I haven't tried layering Ghostbumps, but I definitely will...and I think because of the prevalent Egyptian musk note it has great potential as a layering scent, particularly to spice things up...Musk drives men crazy...and you don't get Musk this good everywhere. I'll do some combos this weekend and I'll let you know, Bruiseviolet...

• 6 months later...

First time I tried this, it just seemed really soapy on me. I just tried it again and it's nicer than I remember but will probably just turn to soap fast. It is pretty and violettey though.

It's funny that I'm not big on super soapy scents though, but I have a bottle of vintage tinkerbell which I love and is actually pretty soapy. I don't know if it's just a nostalgia thing lol.

Ok it's dried down and it still isn't as soapy as I thought it was, it's actually very nice, perfumey but nice.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 1 month later...

I really didn't know what to make of this one... for some reason I get honey!! Like, not honey, but a scent that reminds me of honey somehow. I also quite like the musk in it - I normally don't like musk but this just smells so refined and expensive. There's something a bit earthy about it as well. It keeps morphing!

• 1 year later...

I got a freebie bottle! i was so happy i was jumping around and flailing my hands--to my friend's amusement lol (thanks so much for the fb mara :D)

I was surprised there wasnt a thread for this, its so pretty!

Its such a beautiful bright floral with vague fruity undertones, there is a faint faint suggestion of "antique" aka powdery after dry down which makes me love it even more.

It feels like its in the same family as 4th dimension but with less "dust".

The woods(not the splintery wood in sex&violins, its rather "soft") give it the antique vibe along with the musk and amber while everything else is resting upon it. After a bit the fruity/floral fades and im left with a powdery musk with a twang of lemon and a faint lingering peach. Very old school Victorian proper elegant. <---if i had to word vomit lol

It makes me want to write victorian era fiction for some reason. This is a win--hands down scent for me!

Edited by Anonymous2F

A2F, That's a nice review. Yes I get that old time Victorian vibe. I liken it to a well heeled lady ghost that haunts an old elegant hotel.

It also reminds me somewhat of when I used to play in my great grand mothers cedar chest. The old furs and dresses must have had a bit of some type of expensive old perfume on them. The velvets and silk and fur combined with the wood from the chest made a old musky scent.

• 1 year later...

I found this one to be lovely, sweet, and faintly powdery. The main thing is that it was faint. More like a ghost of a scent. Very light. I really like it, though. It's very pretty.