Voracious

After me huffing on him for two days now, he has insisted that we buy a bottle of this as it makes me so happy. And some extra goodies just for me ofcourse.

AHHH, do it, do it : ) He's INSISTING on buying you Love Potions, awwww what a doll! You two sound so sweet. Have fun with this, I'll have to try it out too now, I want my man to buy me perfumies, he he. You are a smart cookie, I see your ebil wayz.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After me huffing on him for two days now, he has insisted that we buy a bottle of this as it makes me so happy. And some extra goodies just for me ofcourse.

Awww, that's so sweet of him! Mine is still into commercial scents and bought me a bottle (commercial scent) for V Day! Errrrr .....

• 1 month later...
My bottle came today and it was all I could do not to spray my entire bed and just roll around in the Quimnip. ^_^

I often fantasize about rolling about in this one. But it would have to be sprayed on a large super luxurious fake fur rug infront of a roaring open fire in a log cabin in the Italian Alps.

Awww, that's so sweet of him! Mine is still into commercial scents and bought me a bottle (commercial scent) for V Day! Errrrr .....

That is lovely of him too. I'm sure he'll come around, took me ages to convince the hubbs to let me swipe some LPs on him. He doesn't do fragrances. But he was home on r and r and must have missed me the previous 4 months so he was very willing, and once he tried them he liked them. I also think he liked my reaction to them too... :666:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using pheros awhile, but this is my first time using any LPMP products. I have to say that the glowing reviews you guys have received are well warranted. I used Voracious last night and before I get to the outing, I would like to share my initial thoughts. The scent itself is amazing, no synthetic smell that barely covers the mone stank here.

I'd like to kiss the cook on this one, what a great product and completely in a whole different league. I know most guys reading the forums don't want long winded details of the break down of the scent for the most part, so I will keep this simple. I know with other products we have to worry about the product as we typically need a cover, you won't have that problem here. The scent I find amazing but for simplicity's sake and those that don't want to

read a novel...just get it!Don't worry about not liking the scent,your targets will love it! That is the point to wearing these products right?

I could really care less about (well within reason,don't want to smell like poo or anything) the scent, as long as it's not to sweet. The scent is well balanced, guys no worries about smelling girly....think distinct,cultured and refined (don't know how else to put it).

The comparison I will keep it as simple as possible for both newbs and those that are familiar with long established products. I rank this as soe+A7(if it's not ok to make this comparison please let me know and I will edit it out), but more so.The scent is still there the morning after and based on the reactions the mones are both good in quality and strength. I was pub crawling for about 5 hours and didn't refresh at any time.

I hope that helps people get a feel for the product. That sums it for those that don't like long reads,for those that do the evening out is continued below. :o

I went to a local bar that I don't frequent too often which is why I choose it for testing as not many know me here. They also had a B-day party going on plus some biker thing, so there was plenty of leather up in this place.I walk in and it's pretty crowded but not as much as I expected, guess it's ok on new year's but having a hangover for the e-bunny is a no no. I step up to the bar but they are swamped I check the back bar and it's pretty empty. The bartender back here is very quiet and straight to the point, she's served me before. She actually has quite a nice personality with those she knows and the other bar staff, but if you aren't someone she knows well it's pretty much...what'll ya have?.....here's your change regardless of how busy she is or isn't.

I place my order and as I'm handing her the money she misses and it starts blowing down the bar. We both grab it at the same time from different ends and I say sorry I thought you had it, I guess the ac vent caught it. She says yeah that's what must've happened, she goes and gets my change and comes back with it.I sit at the bar for a minute as I'm not quite ready for the Karaoke being served up just yet. I glance at the tv over the bar here and

there as there is only 4 of us including the bartender at the back bar. She catches me looking at the tv on one of my glances and asks if I would like her to turn it up? I said really I'm not much of a sportsfan and was just watching as I don't wanna stare at the only other people at the bar with me as that might seem creepy.

She started laughing and now starts talking to my like were old friends, saying she hasn't seen me here in awhile and I should stop by more often. She steps over closer and the first thing out of her mouth is what is the cologne you're wearing? I just replied it was some random bottle on the dresser I grabbed so I really couldn't tell ya.

She asks if she can do something real quick, I'm replied you;re not gonna go all postal or anything are ya? She says no nothing like that then leans over the bar and starts smelling my neck like I'm a scratch and sniff sticker or something, this goes one for about a minute then she returns back to the other side of the bar and starts talking

again. We talk for a few minutes and about half way through my drink I stand up and start to walk away.

She asks where I'm going and I reply that I'm gonna check out quality singers on the stage. She says like you can't hear them from here? You're gonna come back though right? I said yes as soon as I need a drink I'll be back, she comes from behind the bar walks over and gives me a great big sniff and says...you better be back. I check out the local talent and the stage backs up to the back bar area seperated by a wall.I stand leaning against the wall watching from side stage if you will, not a minute or 2 later out of the corner of my eye I see someone approaching but look back to the stage. I realize a minute later it's the bartender, she's about 2 feet from me watching as well. I ask what about her patrons sitting back there and she replies they are fine I just got them new drinks. I continue to watch and then she grabs my drink and says it seems pretty light ready to get another? I said I will in a few minutes and continue watching.

She takes my drink and heads of to her bar with it returning a minute later, I ask what I owe her and she says nothing, just make sure you come back and talk to me again. I say I will but am going to take a walk around and see if I know anybody here, but will stop back by to see her.I stand near the front bar and fairly close to the front door and pretty much every woman walking through it comes and stands very close to me,before I knew it I had about a dozen women standing near me. I make my way over to the pool tables and watch a game going on. The

guys just start talking to me even though we've never met and are very friendly.I make my way back towards the front bar and grab a seat that is open and watch some more of the locals. There are a few ladies near the end

of the bar close to where I'm sitting, they slowly over the course of about 15 minutes all end up next to me. I had one bumping up against me and I though she was going to order a drink but never did.

The one closest to me had bumped me pretty good and said sorry, I told her no problem and that was all it took for her to start talking up a storm.I made my way to the back bar after talking for awhile and to both get a drink and visit the bartender as promised. I ordered another drink and while she getting my order she said I wasn't sure you were going to come back, I said well I said I would so I had to keep my word. We talk for awhile and I decide hey why not pub crawl and test somewhere else?I made my way to the other bar and rather than make this longer than

it needs to be let's just say the results were the same at the other bar as well, I'm sure I could have left with any of ladies I talked with had I have lead the convo in that direction or been inclined in that way as the sexy vibe was there I just didn't cross that line.

I have to say this is one solid product and one that I plan on purchasing again. I hope I didn't bore anyone to death with this,but really wanted to post up about it as there isn't many reviews by guys on the product and there really should be...hmm maybe not, it would keep the competition down ,just kidding I would certainly recommend

this to anybody. I hope this helps whomever may read this when trying

to decide on whether or not to get this product.

Edited by xgame

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we get some of these scents in a phero free variant?!!! Same scent no pheros? *gets on knees*

What he said ^. I would love the option of using different pheros if I chose...not that there is anything wrong with the blend it's just nice to have choices when it comes to the fine smelly's we apply.

Definitely an excellent review! (And thanks for the 2nd- I agree completely that I would LOVE the option of wearing a different blend or just smelling awesome with a particular scent while phero free).

Thanks guys glad you liked the review...I went through all of them before ordering and thought why are there not more guys reviewing these? I have nothing against the ladies opinions as they were helpful as well, but sometimes you want a guys thoughts and sniffers on the product.

Thanks guys glad you liked the review...I went through all of them before ordering and thought why are there not more guys reviewing these? I have nothing against the ladies opinions as they were helpful as well, but sometimes you want a guys thoughts and sniffers on the product.

I'm honestly not sure how many guys are consistently active on the forum. I am a total scent hound so I am on quite a bit just to see what these wonderful women like to smell on a guy but I don't notice too many guys on all the time.

Wow! I wanna smell this now!!! What an excellent review xgame! :o:D:D

Well the sample bottles are very reasonably priced so there's no reason why you can't get some nice smelly's. I skipped a weekend out and with the money I would have spent I got a whole bunch of new scents instead. Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I'm not one that posts very often but this is encouraging for me to continue my reviews of stuff. It's always nice to have reviews as I know they were helpful in my researching of the products I wanted.

Edited by xgame

Well the sample bottles are very reasonably priced so there's no reason why you can't get some nice smelly's. I skipped a weekend out and with the money I would have spent I got a whole bunch of new scents instead. Thanks for the positive feedback guys, I'm not one that posts very often but this is encouraging for me to continue my reviews of stuff. It's always nice to have reviews as I know they were helpful in my researching of the products I wanted.

Keep those great reviews coming! I do the same thing, I'll get samples of scents I am interested in to see how I like them. That is how I know I love Evil In Carnation, Pendragon, Excalibur and a few other scents here. I've also gotten a few PE's that women seem to really like. Mark's Girl Nip is one that I have to get another bottle of soon.

Don't worry about not liking the scent,your targets will love it! That is the point to wearing these products right?

That's one aspect I keep bringing up in my own observations. Granted, I love men's fragrance and I post with my own bias regarding whether I enjoy them or not on me, but for a guy I know there are mostly different considerations.

But just remember...there is a wealth of choice in fragrance here which cannot be matched by (nearly) any other major artisan fragrancer/pheromone distributor, and you also have the opportunity to create your very own scent for an incredibly reasonable price - something no one else is offering (with no less than five male fragrance PEs on offer in the Private Editions section of the store). All together over fifty different scents to choose from...so being limited in one's options is not an issue, I would say.

Edited by luna65

Snoop, well maybe the powers that be will see this post and if the demand is there from enough of us maybe they'll make that option a reality for us. I know I would buy a fair amount of these scents phero free as it would be nice to still be both fantastic and unique smelling while on a phero break for example. I really love that they offer sample sizes and they are big enough to give them about a full week of testing, they really help those of us that like to experiment broaden our collections and for the money if you don't like a scent you could always gift to someone else, though I have liked all I have so far and will review them later on. I know this is slightly off topic and remember reading it here somewhere about journals and a certain post count to have one. I want to post a journal style review of my typical week long test of a product and sort them by each product used, so if someone did a search they could see full testing on each product by itself without having to go through hundereds of posts. Would they allow such a thing...as an example xgame's review of voracious...and have the full week of using it posted up and then say same style but the next product used and so on...that way anyone searching can have a bunch of feedback from a specific poster and fairly in depth. Just my thoughts on it,especially since this review would have been day for me if I could have done it journal style not that I can't now but would have been a nice option. I would have waited till the week was over if I was allowed to and posted the full test up when I finished so there would have been no other posts until after the review.

Edited by xgame

Have you looked at the men's section, though? Because my point about how many scents are available - at least 60% of those are without pheromones, and with the option to add a pheromone mix if you so choose. The scents in the pheromone section represent a small-ish portion of what is available through LPMP.

It's important to know that LPMP started out as an artisan fragrance company, the incursion into the realm of pheromones came years after Mara had established the company.

Also, because LPMP is not a pheromone distributor like the others, the forum is set up in a way which is more in keeping with traditional fragrance-based communities.

Edited by luna65

luna, don't tempt me you evil doer you...don't think the custom blend route hasn't crossed my mind :o(love your descriptions by the way very helpful) and after getting the products they actually make even more sense now,you really do have a way with words. I have a pretty good sense of smell but not as discerned as some on this board...can they make a scent based off a particular experience like say if I said hiking in alaska for an example? I could think of a few ideas easily if I could do it that way.

Sure, many of the scents are an attempt to capture the aura of a particular place or moment in time - that's what perfumery is all about (well, at least one dimension of it, the Proustian revelation, as it were), and so requesting something like that is certainly not out of the realm of possibility for someone as talented as Mara.

And thanks, I aim to please (and enable!). :o

Luna as a suggestion maybe cross link them as you did with a couple of products...I think legend is kind of laid out that way in that it says pair with such and such product. I know we men can be pretty dense at times so I would take no offense to a description along the lines...if you tried such and such, this is the scent we used if you would like a phero free version.... Just a thought.

Edited by xgame

Luna as a suggestion maybe cross link them as you with a couple of products...I think legend is kind of laid out that way in that it says pair with such and such product. I know we men can be pretty dense at times so I would take no offense to a description along the lines...if you tried such and such, this is the scent we used if you would like a phero free version.... Just a thought.

EXACTLY! Like UN is a phero free version of Super. OR NOCCO and OCCO. That is my point exactly. We aren't lamenting that we don't have any scent choices (Mara's scents are amazing!) We are just asking that when a scent is made that at least some stay phero free. Options! (Pretty please!)

And I get that, but I refer back to I think what you and Ann referred to as the "chicken-and-egg" consideration. Some scents are created specifically to be a carrier for a particular pheromone mix, there's a deliberate synergy there. Most pheromone distributors (if not all) obtain generic scents to which potentially any phero mix could be added. The phero-enhanced scents which Mara creates are meant to work in concert with one particular pheromone mix, the properties of those notes - both scent and intent-wise - are meant to enhance the effect of the pheromone mix and vice versa. I realize there are exceptions to that (because I've been a long-time customer now) but I believe I am articulating her philosophy on this fairly well, although I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm not. Because otherwise why create special pheromone-enhanced scents at all; do you see what I'm getting at?

Snoop is right on the money..I know we have many great choices but sometimes you'll read a review about a phero product and as newb to your products ,not having to read through 60 plus scents and trying to guess at the right match, having it linked would get you the right scent every time. I know as new customer that would have eased my shopping experience greatly if I was looking for specific scent alone.

And I get that, but I refer back to I think what you and Ann referred to as the "chicken-and-egg" consideration. Some scents are created specifically to be a carrier for a particular pheromone mix, there's a deliberate synergy there. Most pheromone distributors (if not all) obtain generic scents to which potentially any phero mix could be added. The phero-enhanced scents which Mara creates are meant to work in concert with one particular pheromone mix, the properties of those notes - both scent and intent-wise - are meant to enhance the effect of the pheromone mix and vice versa. I realize there are exceptions to that (because I've been a long-time customer now) but I believe I am articulating her philosophy on this fairly well, although I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm not. Because otherwise why create special pheromone-enhanced scents at all; do you see what I'm getting at?

We really do understand your point but that is exactly it. A solid scent is a solid scent. Regardless of if it is phero enhanced or not. Even though the pheros do evolve a scent slightly, it isn't necessary to make the scent special. We were just asking for that one option of not having pheros in a scent we like, just like the gift of having a blend in a scent that wasn't originally intended for pheros. Apparently it is no big deal to put pheros into a scent. One would assume it isn't a big deal to not put pheros into a scent. That is all any of us were asking about but it seems to have somehow become urinary olympiad which was not anyone's intention. We are out of luck on some scents we love would be phero free. Bottom line. Time to move on.

Luna totally understand as an example if a certain mone had a minty smell naturally for example then you would pick the scents to compliment the mint and pair with it, not contrast it. I think where snoop and I are coming from is if phero free (yes it would be missing the mint to simplify) but I think you could have a very close scent match with the mint missing. I hope you understand and that I worded it in a way that makes sense. I guess more in depth would be if it's part of the subtlety that mone is providing then a phero free version seems very possible (maybe I'm wrong) now if it was the base of the whole scent then I can understand it would never be possible as this fragrance could never smell the same without the missing ...or maybe a substitute mint smell could get you close.

That is all any of us were asking about but it seems to have somehow become urinary olympiad which was not anyone's intention.

LOL, there's no way I can beat a man in a pissing match, c'mon! I simply don't have the proper equipment!

Ultimately it's up to Mara to decide how to run her business. I was merely attempting to state why pheromone-enhanced scents are created as they are; because in actuality I would disagree with your point that a pheromone mix doesn't enhance a scent. A priori you could certainly state that about any potential fragrance, however.

Edited by luna65

Since Snoop said it's time to move on I will leave it alone as it seems to be a point of contention...no offense was meant by any of what I said and hope it was taken that way as text is interpretive and our mood plays into how we hear what we read. Snoop what are your thoughts on Evil In Carnation..I will do a search on it in a few minutes and see what turns up but still would like your opinion on it if you don't mind.

Since Snoop said it's time to move on I will leave it alone as it seems to be a point of contention...no offense was meant by any of what I said and hope it was taken that way as text is interpretive and our mood plays into how we hear what we read. Snoop what are your thoughts on Evil In Carnation..I will do a search on it in a few minutes and see what turns up but still would like your opinion on it if you don't mind.

I really like EIC. It sort of reminds me somewhat of an old fashioned barbershop type smell. If you know what a carnation smells like, it is a sort of spicy floral scent. Women also seem to really dig it even though it isn't necessarily what I would normally consider a 'masculine' scent it does play that way. And it really does get compliments. Not manly in the way of Excalibur or something like that but the intent behind it shows through every time I wear it (so I save it for special occasions). :o

By the way, I just happen to have another bottle of Evil In Carnation in transit so I do really like it.

Snoop were the 3 you listed before among your top choices? I may have to check them out. Thanks for description I think I have a pretty good idea of what you are saying and the fact that the carnation doesn't act as you would think makes me think it would be an intriguing scent to say the least.

Snoop were the 3 you listed before among your top choices? I may have to check them out. Thanks for description I think I have a pretty good idea of what you are saying and the fact that the carnation doesn't act as you would think makes me think it would be an intriguing scent to say the least.

My 3 personal favorites are probably (in no particular order), Mark's Girl Nip, Evil in Carnation, and Pendragon with Excalibur and Merlin's Blend earning honorable mention (that doesn't include any PE's, however. Of those my favorites are Mark's Tonka Tobacum, Q & Q's Delicious Wood and Brad's days of Summer). All are VERY different scents from each other but I am fickle and like to mix it up. Seems to make it more fun for the women in my life as well. They delight in sniffing what I have on each time. :D

Snoop I hear ya...I think I have more scents than most women,actually one of my friends always teases me about it...but who wants to smell the same every day? I will definitely check out your suggestions I had read a little on them here and there but will do some real deep reading up later on. I really do love the product line here and wish I had tried them so much sooner than I did. I was never a big fan of commercial scents and always hated like smelling like everyone else, there is no way that could ever happen with the fragrances from here....ok it is possible but pretty unlikely that any 2 people would be wearing the same product at the same time at a venue.

Edited by xgame

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we get some of these scents in a phero free variant?!!! Same scent no pheros? *gets on knees*

*also begs* I enjoy many LP scents, both for men and women, but a-nol gives me a headache, I would love to have the scents available without pheros

*also begs* I enjoy many LP scents, both for men and women, but a-nol gives me a headache, I would love to have the scents available without pheros

My biggest issue happens to be with Androstenone giving me headaches but also the *SNOOPYSMASH* that comes with it.

Snoop I hear ya...I think I have more scents than most women,actually one of my friends always teases me about it...but who wants to smell the same every day? I will definitely check out your suggestions I had read a little on them here and there but will do some real deep reading up later on. I really do love the product line here and wish I had tried them so much sooner than I did. I was never a big fan of commercial scents and always hated like smelling like everyone else, there is no way that could ever happen with the fragrances from here....ok it is possible but pretty unlikely that any 2 people would be wearing the same product at the same time at a venue.

Welcome :) As to the phero-enhanced scents being re-brewed sans pheros question, might I suggest finding a scent you like & doing a phero add-in? My husband & both LOVE LP#9 & I think we're on our second or third phero boosted bottle now. It's also a permanent brew so he never freaks about unavailability. Mara also gives a $10 discount when you add pheros to a regular bottle. I'm not even going to divulge how crazy I just went with LP SE:2011. I was like, "ah well it's limited, and I'm saving money by boosting the bottles with pheros I use all the time anyway...", bahahaha!

Edited by Beccah

ok it is possible but pretty unlikely that any 2 people would be wearing the same product at the same time at a venue.

Not likely to happen in this part of my world. Anyway, body chemistry plays a great deal on how the scent turns out to be.