Voracious

Joc very true and forgot to put it in my review...for me personally the leather in it got amped. The score was pretty clear Mara's version of leather 1.... bikers actually wearing it in the bar 0. You guys are killing me with the scent suggestions...I haven't even played with my first order completely and here I am with a full cart of more products. I will test everything and review though as I believe the men's section would benefit greatly from it. Thanks to Mara for the samples she included with my order as well, I will be sure to review all the scents as my way of saying thanks. I will be going out on wednesday night (ladies night and $1 drafts) so I will continue to test out voracious until my week long test is complete.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XGame, thank you for taking the time to craft your fabulous report, I was glued to every word!

Yes, I will make an exception in this case for a journal being granted prior to the 100 post minimum, because I think your idea of doing week long reports would be fascinating, beneficial for all, and a unique approach to how our journal area is being utilized at the moment. I thank you for the offer. Do you have an idea what you would like your journal title to be? We tend to be quite silly here when left to our own devices. :)

Welcome to our forum, and thanks again for wonderfully detailed report!

Thanks so much for the exception...and you're welcome. I really appreciate your products and sincerely do wish I had tried them sooner. I think since you have been gracious enough to grant the exception it would only be fair that you get to name it...and to be honest I really hadn't thought of a name just know what I wanted it to look like. You don't seem to be able to pm on the board or I would send you a link so you could see an example of what it would look like as I have done this style of a journal before although on a different site. Please let me know if there are any things you would prefer I omit aside from the obvious such as cursing and the like.

Edited by xgame

For those with the multiple version question, please allow me to explain why I do things the way I do...

I believe Luna and Ail have chimed in, in the past, and their understanding is pretty well spot on from the perspective of how I craft certain fragrances with scent ingredients that match and amplify the intent of the phero blends. (You might want to read this: http://lovepotionperfume.com/reading_room/articles/Intent ).That's all true. But there are other *business* concerns for not offering multiple versions of each scent.

Please understand, I run a small artisan business with a tremendous amount of love and integrity poured into each offering. I have a limited amount of space in which to house literally at LEAST 15,000 bottles of ingredients, master bottles and finished product. We are ALWAYS panicking about space and currently have to rent three separate locations to hold everything, with at least 20 new products every month. Properly reorganizing stock in alphabetical order can take days when things get disarranged.

I have tried the experiment of offering certain scents in both phero and non phero form, and for those particular scents, (and most users understand that the scent design and the phero formula go hand in hand), the sales for the non-phero version were less than 10%. The actual follow-through in buying the non-pheroed versions of the very few scents that we offer pheromone enhanced is incredibly small - to the point where even those people that ask for them don't necessarily even buy them.

Where do I put the extra bottles? How long do I hold this reserve aside before I end up adding pheros to them anyway, because the phero version has sold out, and the actual sales of the non-phero-version did not match the pleading requests even in this forum for them? (And just FYI - Super for Men and UN for Men were never offered at the same time - they did not represent several bottles of the same thing on the shelf at the same time.)

So, I understand to you it may seem a simple request of having an additional option. I get that and I respect that. But from my perspective, and I invite you to correct me if I am wrong, I think that I offer more options than any other perfumer OR pheromone provider on the planet at this moment. I offer so many options, that most have to be hand prepared per each person's order, making my work week an average of over 80 hours per.

And ALL OF THIS ASIDE, my MAIN point that I would like to discuss on the matter is that less than TEN percent of our fragrances are phero enhanced. 90% of the catalog is phero-free!! We are and will always be, primarily an artisan perfume house. It really does baffle me when people read a great review about a phero enhanced scent, crafted with great research, integrity and intent, with the scent ingredients designed to compliment and enhance the intent of the phero blend, and then ask for it without the pheros.

Ok. And that's not even the part I don't get.

The part I don't get, is that, in MOST of these cases, the people asking for phero-free versions of scents designed to be paired with pheros, HAVE NEVER BOTHERED TO TRY OUR NON-PHERO SCENTS. HOW do you know that I do not have something that will satisfy that fragrant need in your life? Truly, there is not a ONE of the customers asking for non-phero versions of the mere 10% of our catalog that have adequately explored what we already offer, phero-free. NOT ONE.

Before a person asks me to create a dupe of a scent I crafted as phero compliment....have they even LOOKED in our catalog to see if there is already something there, WITHOUT PHEROS, along the same lines? 99% of the time, the answer is no. If you do not want to buy our phero enhanced male scents, we have nearly ONE HUNDRED alternatives for you. If you do not want to buy our phero enhanced female scents, we have nearly THREE HUNDRED alternatives for you.

But what happens, is that someone posts a FAB review of a phero-married potion, and they only want THAT ONE. NOT INTERESTED in seeing what else we have to offer. "I want THAT ONE, that the other person got such great results with, but without a key ingredient that made it what it was."

What would really, really, really impress me, is if someone, anyone, actually took the time to sample (and, dare I ask, report on) the phero-free offerings, and could still ask the original question posed. I don't think you could. It's a challenge. Anyone up for it? I could take the request truly to heart if anyone took that challenge.

I really hope I did not come off bitchy in this post. I am a matter-of-fact New Yorker, rocker girl type of communicator. I felt no animosity or aggression when writing this post, but I am aware that I do come off that way to some people. I just simply wanted to express my perspective and hope that comes across as laying it out, without any anger, because I truly felt none.

P.S. If you like Voracious and want to try a phero-free cousin, try The Masked Man!

:)

Mara

Thanks so much for the exception...and you're welcome. I really appreciate your products and sincerely do wish I had tried them sooner. I think since you have been gracious enough to grant the exception it would only be fair that you get to name it...and to be honest I really hadn't thought of a name just know what I wanted it to look like. You don't seem to be able to pm on the board or I would send you a link so you could see an example of what it would look like as I have done this style of a journal before although on a different site. Please let me know if there are any things you would prefer I omit aside from the obvious such as cursing and the like.

Oh, Honey. You can curse as much as you like here! (In the Journal area.)

The Journal area is for members only and not open to strangers - but all members can see it.

PMs are disabled here, I am sorry. We've had a hideous history of spam and stalking and we chose this route for the protection of all of us. However, we swap personal email addresses upon request.

My email is CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

If you wish to PM someone, send an email there and we will share the email addresses between the consenting parties...no interference on our part after that. We just act as chaperon for the original contact.

Funny, I was reading through all of these new posts, (and it was taking me quite some time), I was thinking that The Masked Man to me, has a very similar vibe to the much beloved Voracious. Voracious just has that extra magical purr inducing element that comes from having the pheros in it.

But you beat me to the punch Mara, and I think you put yourself across very well.

THANK YOU for chiming in, Mara! (for the record, my bottle of Masked Man should be arriving today so expect a review shortly). :)

And ALL OF THIS ASIDE, my MAIN point that I would like to discuss on the matter is that less than TEN percent of our fragrances are phero enhanced. 90% of the catalog is phero-free!! We are and will always be, primarily an artisan perfume house. It really does baffle me when people read a great review about a phero enhanced scent, crafted with great research, integrity and intent, with the scent ingredients designed to compliment and enhance the intent of the phero blend, and then ask for it without the pheros.

Ok. And that's not even the part I don't get.

The part I don't get, is that, in MOST of these cases, the people asking for phero-free versions of scents designed to be paired with pheros, HAVE NEVER BOTHERED TO TRY OUR NON-PHERO SCENTS. HOW do you know that I do not have something that will satisfy that fragrant need in your life? Truly, there is not a ONE of the customers asking for non-phero versions of the mere 10% of our catalog that have adequately explored what we already offer, phero-free. NOT ONE.

...this was the point I was attempting to make, but I suppose I was less successful in articulating it to the extent where it would be fully understood. Because even as I understand that you can fall in love with a scent and want it so badly as to beg for it without pheros, when confronted by the sheer volume of scents available...well, there will always be something for you to wear, statistically.

Edited by luna65

Mara thanks for answering the question so completely, I can now understand the reasoning.I like the name you picked compared to few that popped into my head. That being said I'd like to thank Elliebellikins for coming foward and giving a suggestion on the fact that a scent seemed close to you concerning voracious, I think if we can get some more sharing like that, it would really have answered the question for Mara instead of her having to being here on the board with her limited free time. Snoop you and I had the same request so if you would be so kind as to give me your feedback on it, I will edit/add it in to my review if it is what you and I were looking for concerning a phero free version. I am open to suggestions so if anybody has any regarding my reviews please feel free to chime in.

I think if we can get some more sharing like that, it would really have answered the question for Mara instead of her having to being here on the board with her limited free time.

This is the type of thing which comes up during the course of discussion in a review thread in regards to someone specifically asking the question. That's not exactly the question which was asked in this discussion, however. And I'm thinking had I even suggested a substitute it wouldn't have been a satisifactory answer. Personally, I haven't even considered the similarity (having tried both scents) because I'm not looking for a replacement. Wanted Man works just fine as a libido enhancer in my estimation but I understand there are those who don't want to use the pheros which Mara sells. So I would say those who are looking to avoid purchasing the pheromone-enhanced scents do need to ask the question in each review thread if they really do desire to try a scent similar to the one on offer.

Edited by luna65

a phero enhanced scent, crafted with great research, integrity and intent, with the scent ingredients designed to compliment and enhance the intent of the phero blend

I understand this so much better now than when I first came to LPMP :draggy: Mara,you are truly amazing,and I have not done business when any company that holds to your ethical standards...at all levels :o

Welcome to our home,xgame,there is much to learn and appreciate here...I enjoyed reading your review also :)

I wasn't going to go out, but have decided I will anyway despite having caught a cold. Who gets sick this time of year? I mean really, are you serious? This should be interesting as one of the local bars has "bar bingo" on monday's first time playing last week but before my order arrived, we also play a game of moral compass ( I will explain that one later) when the bingo is over. I will post up the next day of testing later tonight provided I'm not too hammered as winning at bingo doesn't get ya money only drinks and she tends to pick the most evil drinks as the prize as you can imagine. I normally like to be in peak condition when testing but time allowed me a night out and despite the cold, I have to take advantage of the time when I get it as I work crazy backwards hours. I will explain that later too, but for now this is the way it is. :o

Edited by xgame

I'm hitting the shower, scenting up then heading out, wish me luck guys and gals :D

Good luck. Or maybe get lucky, however that works.

Ok so in an attempt to keep a tidy journal I'll be posting my review of Voracious here: http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.p...mp;#entry138124

I will make comments and replies here. I want my journal to be easy to follow and complete from start to finish when some one does a search on it, that way they don't have sort through a bunch posts to find the next day with the review being just that alone. I hope this doesn't bother or offend anyone, I just know I went a few different places to find all the info I wanted. I figured if I did it this way it would keep things on track, would be easy to find and reference for those looking for a review and for myself later should I want to look back to it.

Edited by xgame

It's entirely indicative of the linear rationality of men that you would do that. :wub:

As relational thinkers women appear cluttered, but we know exactly where everything is!

Xgame, I just read your reviews and wow! You sure had some amazing results! It's really nice to read reviews from someone willing to take the time to write that much down. And now that you know about Mara's magical fragrances, it's going to be hard to go back to other mones, no?

To be honest it really will be, so I may use them up while waiting for refills to arrive or gift them to friends. I am by no means saying I never got results out of them as I did well with them, I just doing better using Mara's products.

To those that checked out my journal and couldn't pull up the myspace vids they have all been changed to youtube links. Turn your speakers down as the clip volumes are all over I wasn't the one filming so I didn't have any control over that part.

Edited by xgame

I will have to apologize for the lack of a review tonight, but we've been dealing with thunderstorms, hail and tornadoes since 2pm this afternoon. No damage at my place but did see a couple of touchdowns and still 2 hours left to ride this out.

TG it got really nasty here the hail was getting up to softball sized and coming down blizzard style. Thanks ....yup I survived but not used to a tornado/hail watch lasting 12...now had it have been a hurricane would have totally expected it..hee hee hee.

• 2 months later...

Hi to all of you. I am new to this forum. Just popping in to tell a little about my impression from what i gotten here at Love Potion.

Voracious was one who i got a very good first impressions of when i opened my shipment from LP, and was eager to try out. So this one is the one i used most. I liked both the smell and the self effect i got from the pheromone. To me it smelled at first 30-60 minutes something that reminded me of sweet leather and vanilla. Then it turns in to a kind wood smell.

I went to work after one spray on my neck and one at my wrist. I asked one woman, a co-worker what she thought, and explained it was a trial i considered buying and wether she thinks its worth spending my money on. She just answered "I dont know, its nice", said nothing more and went back to her work. A minute later she turns around to me and said "You should buy it, its a very nice one". Another minute and turns to me again and said "It fits your personality, both nice and kind but strong and mysterious at the same time. I really like it."

After using Voracious for more than two weeks both at work and when going out, i do see many good feedback / hits. It looks to me as most women find the scent attractive on me, and it have for shure drawn in many women to stand as close to me as possible. There have been days where i see better results than other, but all in all i have never seen one single person reacted repulsive towards me. That might be strange since Androstenone is known to be just that in certain moments. Instead there have been a few days where i had stood there wondering whats going on. Is it really possible to see what i have seen from women when using this?

My only downside is that it doesnt look to go very well with this at work. I get many hits from customers and from many young girls. I am 38 years old, and got flirts from girls so young as 16-17 year. Not good and very embarrasing. So even how much i like Voracious, its simply not for every day use.

From experience with other pheromones with Androsterone, it surprise me to see how little intimidating Voracious is. Its like any woman are just eager to get in contact with me.

Edited by Q-Tips

Hi to all of you. I am new to this forum. Just popping in to tell a little about my impression from what i gotten here at Love Potion.

Voracious was one who i got a very good first impressions of when i opened my shipment from LP, and was eager to try out. So this one is the one i used most. I liked both the smell and the self effect i got from the pheromone. To me it smelled at first 30-60 minutes something that reminded me of sweet leather and vanilla. Then it turns in to a kind wood smell.

I went to work after one spray on my neck and one at my wrist. I asked one woman, a co-worker what she thought, and explained it was a trial i considered buying and wether she thinks its worth spending my money on. She just answered "I dont know, its nice", said nothing more and went back to her work. A minute later she turns around to me and said "You should buy it, its a very nice one". Another minute and turns to me again and said "It fits your personality, both nice and kind but strong and mysterious at the same time. I really like it."

After using Voracious for more than two weeks both at work and when going out, i do see many good feedback / hits. It looks to me as most women find the scent attractive on me, and it have for shure drawn in many women to stand as close to me as possible. There have been days where i see better results than other, but all in all i have never seen one single person reacted repulsive towards me. That might be strange since Androstenone is known to be just that in certain moments. Instead there have been a few days where i had stood there wondering whats going on. Is it really possible to see what i have seen from women when using this?

My only downside is that it doesnt look to go very well with this at work. I get many hits from customers and from many young girls. I am 38 years old, and got flirts from girls so young as 16-17 year. Not good and very embarrasing. So even how much i like Voracious, its simply not for every day use.

From experience with other pheromones with Androsterone, it surprise me to see how little intimidating Voracious is. Its like any woman are just eager to get in contact with me.

Great review Q-Tips and Welcome : )

Mara and the LP gang do a really great job with their phero blends compared to other companies so this is probably why you don't see the negative affects from Androstenone--as long as you don't OD which is sounds like you didn't.

Voracious sounds like a great phero for you for those nights out where your searching for more than "just friends", I agree with you that it wouldn't make the best work phero blend.

There are a few other blends that are great for a work atmosphere if that is what you are looking for, be sure to read the descriptions and reviews. My guy likes Top Dog for work, it has an "alpha-soical" type vibe. There is also Irresistible Forces, Dad, Iconic Tonic and Unscented Swimming with Sharks that work good in professional settings, maybe try some samples out, good luck to you.

Edited by Honeybee

Welcome to our home :lol: ...you have found the best place to be,Mara does the most amazing things with her "scent with intent"creations,both with and without pheros. I really love the final dry down scent of Voracious :001_302:

• 1 year later...

My high-school teen-aged son was looking for a new "him" cologne for this upcoming school year. His mother being the fragrance snob she is, I ordered a sample of Voracious for him, removed the label with the scantily-clad twenty-something female on it (ahem!) and told him to give it a try. I intentionally withheld any information about pheros. He immediately huffed his arm after spritzing and said "Whoa! I like it!" and disappeared into his boy cave. Ten minutes later, he's giggling like a little girl and tells me the new stuff makes him feel good for some reason.

I smiled, but said nothing.

He had marching band practice that night, and re-dosed himself with the Voracious. When I picked him up after practice, he said he wants a GALLON of "that stuff" because all the girls were hugging on him during practice saying how good he smelled.

He now calls it his "secret weapon." Guess I'll have to square things away with his parochial high school band teacher later. :nun-tsk-tsk:

Edited by Just Ducky

• 2 months later...

I am still loving this one. I see girls looking a few times. Checking me out, smelling something? Who knows which one or both, but great stuff. One thing when out and about I see the hair shift to show their neck.

I've noticed the same thing while wearing Voracious. I've already ordered a full bottle and simply can't wait for it to get here.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife smelled this one and said "Is this one called Gingerbread Man?" because that is what it smells like on me.

• 6 months later...

HOLYMOLYTHISONEISDIVINE!

Okay. 1st Hubby is ok with the scent.

He NEVER wears cologne so this is a brand new experience for him and getting a description from him is WORSE than pulling teeth.

By "ok" with the scent just means he's still deciding but he has only worn it once so far sad.gif He refuses to wear it to work as he says he doesn't need or want women hitting on him laugh1.gif K, fair enough.

What he wore: 1 spray from a 5ml bottle to each forearm. He spent most of the initial dry down and first 45 minutes being distracted by the "new" smell - though he kept saying it wasn't bad, just different, and that it wasn't giving him a headache. It was only strange to be "fragranced" lol.gif

He picks out ZERO scent notes, only stating repeatedly that "Yeah, this isn't bad. I could wear this I guess." dash1.gif

2nd: What the wifey got:

HOLYCRAPTHISSTUFFMADEMEWANTTORAVAGEHIM! For a bit he was really amping the smoke and leather OH. MY. GOODNESS. WANTTOEATYOUUPLIKENOW!!! When he first sprayed it on it did seem somewhat foodie but once it dried down it just went SEXAAAAY and FAST.

Later that evening I applied Love Potion Balls! to compliment his Voracious and HOLY SHITE! Let's just say it was a VERY good night heat.gif

that evening I applied Love Potion Balls! to compliment his Voracious and HOLY SHITE! Let's just say it was a VERY good night heat.gif

Sexology + Wanted Man = you're damn right it was a good night! ;)

:lol: Damn skippy! Naughty by design! GrrRuff!!! Still gives me goose bumps thinking about it....

I always enjoy when Quince wears a phero-enhanced scent for playtime because it makes my reactions that much more intense. :666: