Nommy-Smelling Butterstuff

Potion Master

Orders going out this week will include little samples of this experiment....

Hope you all enjoy! :bye:

A mixture of moisturizing body butters and oils ~ Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Mango Butter, Coffee Butter, Coconut Oil and Argon Oil ~ scented with Vanilla, Apricot and Resins, plus the natural scent of the butters (Cocoa Butter and Coffee Butter are quite strong!)

Butters melt after a moment at skin temperature. Shea butter tends to crystallize, scoop out a bit and hold between the palms of your hands, give it a minute for it to melt, and then smooth on skin. Great for winter weather, elbows and rough patches, it'll make you feel waterproof!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard of coffee butter before, and Googling doesn't come up with much information, can you tell me more about it?

Here ya go! It smells amazing. mmmm. :(

Coffee Oil, which is rich in natural anti-oxidants, is blended with soy butter, which has high levels of lecithin and vitamin E. This wonderful formula will soften and hydrate your skin. It has a rich caramel color and a strong coffee aroma.

This does smell totally NOM, I'm obsessively sniffing my hand in between typing.

The softening effect is almost immediate once I smoothed it on, even on my wrinkly old hands.

Sounds delicious and wonderful AND as though it doesn't completely lose all moisturizing/protecting value the minute you wash your hands. I put a little bit of the massage oil on my hair too (as suggested by I think halo) - makes it a little bit heavier than usual, but not nearly as bad as you'd think - I do it before bed and it seems to be improving the overall health of my hair. <3

and ARGON oil TOO !!

got a sample w/my order today and my winter dry hands LUV, LUV, LUV the way they feel !

Thx Mara, nice treat !

eta: is this for sale ?

Edited by liz

Haven't offered it for sale yet, was just trying out the recipe. Wanted to see what everyone thought. I think if I offer it for sale, I might remove the shea butter and sub it out for a different kind of butter that doesn't crystallize, so the experience is smoother all-around. I love the mango butter, very soft. Might try some avocado butter or something - there's SO MANY gorgeous butters out there these days to play with, I lubs them!

OMG this smells sooo delightful!!!! I am scared that I may use my whole sample tonight. Home run Mara!!!

I went ahead & tried this on my hands tonight...a little goes a LONG way! It does smell fantastic as well! When you do sell it, would it be very expensive to package it into some adorable metal tins, with something like the fancy LP logo we got for the 2010 spell kits? Then you could sell refills for them as well, just a thought.

This really is like butter. It glides on my skin and makes it so smooth and soft. The smell doesn't agree with me though. It smells like coffee mixed with a waxy candle or crayon. It makes me feel kinda sick. :) I do really like how it feels though, and I like the cute little container that it came in. :ange:

Haven't offered it for sale yet, was just trying out the recipe. Wanted to see what everyone thought. I think if I offer it for sale, I might remove the shea butter and sub it out for a different kind of butter that doesn't crystallize, so the experience is smoother all-around. I love the mango butter, very soft. Might try some avocado butter or something - there's SO MANY gorgeous butters out there these days to play with, I lubs them!

Mmmm, mango butter and avocado butter!! But I love the shea as well, and I didn't notice any crystals. Whatever you make, I will buy it!!

Mmmm, mango butter and avocado butter!! But I love the shea as well, and I didn't notice any crystals. Whatever you make, I will buy it!!

I know! I've been using this for my hands & thinking 'if this wasn't scented, I'd smear some on my lips too'.

But I love the shea as well, and I didn't notice any crystals.

There is a bit of crystallization but not too much. I have officially deemed this Sungold Butter of Awesomeness!

:abvb:

Slathered my whole body in this today, this formula w/out scent or coffee butter would be perfect for the expectant mommas dry itchy tummy :)

Oh,I like the way this feels,and it smells just like Luna's Sungold Mocha and,of course,the first coffee scrub we had...yum :) I did not notice any crystals at all,very silky and smooth on,ummm once I took it out of the fridge for awhile :) I like the shea butter being in it.

Oh,I like the way this feels,and it smells just like Luna's Sungold Mocha and,of course,the first coffee scrub we had...yum :) I did not notice any crystals at all,very silky and smooth on,ummm once I took it out of the fridge for awhile :) I like the shea butter being in it.

I didn't get any crystals in mine until I turned the heat up to 68 (it was at 66) maybe the shea only crystalizes when it softens a bit?

I didn't get any crystals in mine until I turned the heat up to 68 (it was at 66) maybe the shea only crystalizes when it softens a bit?

Yeah,I thought about this and realized I was rubbing it with my finger while it was cold,so probably broke up any crystals :) It did make me decide to get out Luna's Sungold to wear with it :)

Nice! Smells cozy. At first I can smell the coffee but that fades off. I love what this does for my skin! It feels silky!

My sample did arrive completely frozen having sat in subzero temps in our mail box all day. I could see the crystals in it when it was frozen, they actually had littly white halos. Let me tell you those little "angels" do a fantastic job smoothing out the winter dryness! Once it warmed up, it feels a bit like a salt scrub but those crystals do melt right into the skin like magic. I really like this little experiment of yours Mara! Very nice!

You know it feels like one of my deep conditioning hair oils...I have to warm it in my hands just like this...wonder how it would work on my hair! LOL

Edited by ladybegood1

This absorbed into my skin very quickly and leaves my skin soft but with no greasy residue. Nice! The scent is delicious, but not overpowering.

Mara was so kind to send my package with signature required delivery, so it didn't sit in my mailbox all day and freeze. Thank you!

This stuff is the bomb for dry, chapped, cracked, sore cuticles & hands !!!

Can we get this in another scent???

I can make more, in other scents, but it's too difficult to scent-on-demand with this stuff, I need to make it in larger quantities.

Anyone have suggestions about scents?

The Coffee and Cocoa Butters narrowed the scope of how I could scent this experiment, but as I said, there are a million gorgeous butters out there to choose from these days, and most of them are more or less scent-free.

I find this a very "winter" type of product too - anyone think this will be something they'd want in the warmer months, or should I just make them during chapped weather?

wouldn't it be dreamy with LP original...?

Funny enuf, this WAS done with LP original. This is what it smells like mixed with the coffee butter and the cocoa butter.

(Beccah made the suggestion, and I thought it was good idea.) :wub:

Naturally, would smell very different without the heavily scented butters.

I can make more, in other scents, but it's too difficult to scent-on-demand with this stuff, I need to make it in larger quantities.

Anyone have suggestions about scents?

The Coffee and Cocoa Butters narrowed the scope of how I could scent this experiment, but as I said, there are a million gorgeous butters out there to choose from these days, and most of them are more or less scent-free.

I find this a very "winter" type of product too - anyone think this will be something they'd want in the warmer months, or should I just make them during chapped weather?

I think you could make it year round for lips *hint, hint*. Also this smells nommy layered with LP Original as well :10_small16:

Edited by Beccah1

I think you could make it year round for lips *hint, hint*. Also this smells nommy layered with LP Original as well :10_small16:

Hint taken! :P Was working on that today akshully - ingredients all laid out in planning. Trying to decide what to use as a flavor...hmmm..... and a drop of cinnamon will plump da lips...maybe?

Hint taken! :10_small16: Was working on that today akshully - ingredients all laid out in planning. Trying to decide what to use as a flavor...hmmm..... and a drop of cinnamon will plump da lips...maybe?

In honor of teh scrummy LP Original base...how about vanilla-apricot if it's available & definitely a drop of cinnamon to give a little more plump to the pout, lol. Actually sounds a more like LP Red with the cinnamon.

*makes teh sad kitteh face for mint-flavored*

(U NO U LIEKS DA TINGLEZ MARA!)

If she made some with mint & the vanilla-apricot combo that would be like LP Silver, lol. I'm stuck on having corresponding lip stuffs to our LPs, maybe it's because I spend so much time going 'I can't eat this' in my brain....

Ah okay. :)

I have a few balms that I use regularly so I just grab whatever my hand lands on first. Sometimes it's mint, sometimes mocha (smells delish, doesn't taste at all), sometimes vanilla nut.

I got a lovely free sample of this in my order which just arrived! yay! And this is delicious stuff, it makes me feel like eating it, it smells nutty, fruity and makes skin feel super soft....lovely