Air freshener sprays

I am wondering if air freshener sprays affect phero efficiency? What I mean is: when I use an air freshener spray which works like 'washing the air' and after that I spray for example A-nol into the air to create a happy mood for my guests, will the air freshener spray wipe out the phero effect? Similar to a deodorant wipes out body odor as well as natural phromones on the skin?

Does anybody have an idea? :abfx:

That's a good question. I know that perfume fragrance does not negate pheromones, but instead helps them diffuse better. Unless there is some chemical in the air freshener that would affect the pheromone composition, I don't see why the same principle would not hold true as well.

Thank you, Kitty, I've tried to find out which chemicals are in those products, but it is not written on the bottle. All I found out that the manufacturer claims that they use certain chemicals which break and destroy molecules which are responsible for bad odor.

The reason why I asked is: when there is some smell in the house from cooking or so (and we cannot keep the windows open all the time due to extremely cold weather), then the airfreshener spray works very well to provide a fresh and just lightly scented athmosphere in the house. What I'd like to do: spray some social pheromone mix into the air to create a nice athmosphere when I have guests. In fact, I have already done this without noticing any effects from the mones. That's why I'm afraid that the airfreshener, which I had sprayed some hours before the mones, might still have wiped out everything. :lol: