Garland & Lace V3

I would love to hear reviews on G&L V3. I did not get the samples this month but would be interested in this one in bottle form if it is like V1 (I've heard so many good things about that one). If anyone has tried V3, I'd really be interested in your opinion. Thanks. :001_302:

I was just going to post this in the original G&L thread, but I did a comparison between versions one and three and they're pretty much identical to me. Mara had told me she was attempting to get v3 as close to the original as possible. If anything it might be a little more eggnog at this stage, but remember this is freshly-brewed. With aging other aspects may become more prevalent.

Edited by luna65

My V3 arrived in the mail yesterday, but I'm giving it a few days to settle... currently, it smells like very, very strong, dry, hot and bitter cooking spices... nothing like the Garland & Lace V2 I have (that smells mostly like an almost bready, but slightly creamy, rich gingerbread on me).

Edited by icing

This is just as delicious as the other two in its own unique way. There is a lot more gingerbread and spice in this one, almost made me think I was sticking my nose into a loaf of fresh-baked gingerbread, with just a bit of creaminess in the background from the eggnog note.

• 3 weeks later...

IM INLOVEEEEEEE with this!!!!!!!!!!! This is STRONG sexy GINGERBREAD MAN!!! It was STRONG GINGER Spices when wet, then turned more "bready" when dried!! YUMMMM... I thought i can't do spices but this one is... YUMYUMYUM!!! Itz so YUMMMYYYYYYYYY!!!! :icecream::lol::) This is brilliant for the winter!!!!

This turned a bit plasticky on me after 10 mins!!! :o Dohhh.... I love the smell of it when wet..... Yum yum yum.... May be itz coz im having my time of month..? I still love the scent eventhough itz a bit plasticky on me!!

After about 30 mins... i get faint scent of gingerbread... it's not platisky anymore and it smells lovely :toast:

SO i decided to put this on the back of my hands, neck and chest... and i felt so much happier.... There was even a SMILE.... it was weird coz i was doing the essays, feeling stress and cold in my bedroom before applying this!! I love the scent and the phero def. had some affect on me :nanerturtle::):gasp::) This stuff works better than Open Window, Tranquility on me! YAY!!! :toast:

Edited by bumbob

Well, I have to disagree a little there. V1 is in my perpetual top 5. I lurves it a ridiculous amount. V3 is on my trade list already. I don't get near the creaminess of V1 and the brown sugar super duper amps on me. Not unusual for me. It is my death note afterall. But in my case they are drastically different.

This one is absolutely LUUUURVELY :(

On me it's a lot more similar to V1 than V2 was. It's a touch more spicy than V1 initially but it's got that same lush creamy dry down... SOOO yummy! V2 was too spicy on me. Nice, but too spicy.

• 2 months later...

I've not tried versions 1 & 2, but ***V3 IS MY FRIEND!!!***

I am addicted to this. It makes me happy. It makes me feel good. It makes people near me feel good. It smells wonderful. That is all.

:D:D:) (This is me and everybody around me when I wear G&L3)

It makes me happy. It makes me feel good. It makes people near me feel good. It smells wonderful. That is all.

:):D:jumpforjoy: (This is me and everybody around me when I wear G&L3)

Haha, reading your comment makes me happy too! :D:D:D Ur spreading happiness vibe!! WHEEEEE!! :):D:D

I've not tried versions 1 & 2, but ***V3 IS MY FRIEND!!!***

I am addicted to this. It makes me happy. It makes me feel good. It makes people near me feel good. It smells wonderful. That is all.

:D:D:) (This is me and everybody around me when I wear G&L3)

ElizabethOSP, I am certain your personality plays a part too!

• 3 weeks later...

I really love this scent, its sweet first then a bit spicy. I love Christmas and Halloween and this reminds me of both holidays. First I get Halloween because of the sweetness then I get Christmas because of the spice- it skips Thanksgiving ThanksGOD ~ I'm not a fan of T- day. This combines my 2 fav holidays and really makes me feel pretty and happy. I actually feel like I am covered in a blanket of candy and spiced eggnog with rum.

It's very uplifting I ordered a big bottle.

This smells like Buns of Cinn to me :D May be more spicy and less sweet :):):) LOVE!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Refreshed with G&L3 before meeting my colour theory teacher! :):D:D

The meeting went really great! Teacher in a FAB MOOD, telling me that I am a hard working and talented student with a bright future ahead.... ( i hope so!) And then towards the end of the meeting she said "smells really nice this place.... smells like Maple syrup+ cinnamon) :) We were in a drawing class.... so the cinnamon def. didn't come from the classroom!! Then I said " might be my perfume " and she looked stunned! HAHA! :D

• 5 months later...

I had this on the other day just for me, but accidentally slew someone with it judging by the DIHL. whoops!

It's funny how different everyone found it in comparison to the previous versions.

I had set mine aside for a while because it was ALL SPICE on me (which was how v1 had smelled in the vial- never tried it) and not ALSO creamy and bready like my eternal love v2.

But of course it has settled down. It is still not very much like v2 on me: much less bready/creamy and more brown sugar/mapley, almost more like a spicier MRF than g&l v2.

If it is less creamy than V2 than it is really far away from V1 which had the yummiest creamiest eggnog note. V2 was all spice compared to V1 to my nose. Glad I didn't try this one. I already know I can never replace my one true love V1.

Duh, just reread entire thread. I don't even remember smelling this one. I guess I traded it. If it's more brown sugary, I can't do it regardless.

Edited by halo0073