Santa's Little Helper

liz

I generally like to stay in a vanilla world but I couldn't help but try this one a few nights ago.

It started off really strong and I mostly got cloves. The cinnamon was a little warm for my skin but I use it in EO sparingly for infection so I didn't mind. Mr C commented twice that I smelled REALLY good; the second time I though he might put the laptop down by the slight change in his voice but we aren't there yet.

It mellowed quickly on me to the smell of butter cookies lightly dusted with spice and lots of things nice.

I will for sure be wearing this one again on cold nights!

• 2 weeks later...

Wheee! Got my order today. Hubby really likes this one...so nice! Going to have to make a cop boosted spray with this one too....muhahaaaa!

• 1 month later...

Wow, this sure smells like something I'd want to eat! I'm not usually much for foody scents, but I think the ginger in this does it for me. It's a lovely, soft ginger, which still retains the character of ginger without being too sharp or piercing. It reminds me a bit of Carolyn's Man Nip, but sweeter and less floral. More of a true gingerbread cookie. I could see this being so lovely over winter.

This one is SOOOOO delicious. I wore it the other day and it really lasts on me for hours and hours and hours....too yum! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Been meaning to review this for days ... so strong - it's like I crawled into my spice cupboard!!

Mr C however, actually smelled this one on me and commented that I smelled good. While its a tad too spicy for me, I am def. going to consider a FB anyways next time I order and just put less on should there be any if this left as it does mellow to a scrumptious yummy to the tummy cookie smell later.

This sucks! I was in the middle of typing out a very long review for this product and the power went out. I lost everything I typed!

At any rate I was saying that this was the best Xmas scent I tried thus far! It didn't exactly smell Christmas-y on me, but it did smell really cinnamon-y and buttery. Really nice, warm, and spicy. This was the first scent that smelled exactly on my skin as it did in the bottle. It had a great staying power and the people around me were much more enthusiastic about the smell of this frangrance than the other Xmas scents. This is one that I may consider a full bottle of in the future.

• 1 month later...

I'm so excited, I just scored a bottle of this w/COPS and I could not be more happier... It has been on my FB huge list ever since I got that sample and the weird thing is, I have gotten this gifted to me about 4 times since then, so the stars were aliging to tell me to finally get the FB....So excited

I'll bet you never know the cops are there! You'll have to let us know :w00t:

Would love to try this one with or without cops.

Unfortunately I have noticed than anything with ginger on it makes me smelly to say the least....lol.

My body chemistry amps it so much and it sucks since I think I would love this blend!!!

Would love to try this one with or without cops.

Unfortunately I have noticed than anything with ginger on it makes me smelly to say the least....lol.

My body chemistry amps it so much and it sucks since I think I would love this blend!!!

This one, for me at least, IS very aromatic and noticeable...not a knock you over in a bad way though...it's like becoming a tasty treat and everyone you walk by WILL turn to try to figure out where that yummy smell is coming from. People go NUTS over it when I wear it. You should at least try the sample if you think you'll like it. For me, the ginger is like a "gingersnap" on me, like that delicious cinnamon butter vanilla cream cookie goodness :w00t: I ALWAYS slather this one :lol:

This one, for me at least, IS very aromatic and noticeable...not a knock you over in a bad way though...it's like becoming a tasty treat and everyone you walk by WILL turn to try to figure out where that yummy smell is coming from. People go NUTS over it when I wear it. You should at least try the sample if you think you'll like it. For me, the ginger is like a "gingersnap" on me, like that delicious cinnamon butter vanilla cream cookie goodness :w00t: I ALWAYS slather this one :lol:

DANG! That sounds like something I totally would love!!!

If ginger isn't too up in your face I would definitely get me a sample.

I'm generally a slatherer. OK OK I think I might have to get this one, you have convinced me...YOU enabler hehehe

OK OK I think I might have to get this one, you have convinced me...YOU enabler hehehe

No. No need to thank me ma'am. Just doing my job, :lol:

I'll bet you never know the cops are there! You'll have to let us know :w00t:

I will Nutrix, but knowing me and my love of COPS, I'll just add more cops to it....BBM is my best friend these days.... I need to take Doll'y advice and just buy a bottle of EOW and become my own mad scientist...LOL

• 3 months later...

Ordered a full bottle of this unsniffed, which is always risky, but I'm so glad I did! It's exactly what I was hoping for--spicy cookie goodness. The ginger really pops for me, but all the other notes fall into place and as I happily huff my forearm (I *slathered* this baby on this morning!) I really feel like I can pick out clove, allspice, cinnamon... maybe the pumpkin is too subtle for me, but everything else is right there!

Actually, what it reminds me of: every year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, our local bakery does little loaves of gingerbread that are to die for. Like this scent, the perfect balance of spicy and sweet, with a texture so rich and chewy that it's not cookie, it's not cake, it's just.... magical wonderfulness. This smells like I'm wearing that.

Because of the name and the delightful label, I was automatically thinking of this as a winter scent, but it's actually going to be perfect for fall. It's spicy and warming and sweet without being overly so. Perfect for the gorgeous cool clear temps we have around here right now, and it makes me feel happy to see shadows sharpen and lengthen as autumn comes in. Yum, yum, yum!