'Twas the Night

Dolly

OK, got my sampler and just tried this one....very nice.....it is spicy fruits wet and all through the drydown. As it dried down, I got a little bit of resins, but mostly the spiciness (I assume that is the dragon's blood) and fruit....very nice, very festive.....would be a winner for the holidays, I think!

This was one of those lovely surprises for me. I was a bit afeared due to the fig...sometimes fig wears nicely on me but mostly not. However, wet it really reminds me of Blood Martini with the red fruit upon a dark base. As it dries down the fig comes to the fore and with the backing of the musk and resins it's really beautifully sensual, very ornate and full-bodied. This is a I am a grown-up lady scent for me, I feel like I should be wearing a velvet dress.

Edited by luna65

This one is JUICY! It is very rich fruity red that deepens with time to somthing more resinous. It is not sweet on me, more lush and full bodied. I really like it!

I tested this without checking notes and mainly got a sweet, incensey impression, with no obvious fruits -- at most like a figgy-flavored resin incense stick, not actual fig. Can see this being great on a sophisticated (maybe metro) guy, akshully.

Dark, sweet, sticky, juicy red fruits prevail all the way through, with additional depth from the fig, resins and black musk on the drydown. I could have sworn there was a tiny bit of pine in this when it was wet but resins come from plants after all so it could have been one of those. The incensey and musky qualities really shine on the drydown, not trumping the sensual red fruits but just supporting them and making it all sexier and more mysterious.

Edited by Invidiana

Sandalwood, fruit, a little smokiness, and musk. Very nice!

Wet, I also got a hint of pine, but that might have just been because I was expecting it from some of the other latest scents.

Very nice, dry and a little spicy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Got a free sniffie of this and so far like it best of the free perfume sniffies I've tried. So far this is a spicy, warm scent that I can smell the sandalwood with. It's a desert smell-- warm sands and warm air, or like a Santa Ana with a little bit of sweet ash on the air. Mood-wise, I'm getting a tired calm at the end of an accomplished day, or a near-future full of mysterious potential.

The scent is DRIVING ME CRAZY :A002: though because there's something tugging at my consciousness. It smells like a cologne (I think) that I smelled a lot, maybe in the nineties?

If someone has this and knows the big-name cologne that this reminds you of can you let me know? Because it's driving me batty. Maybe it was something my dad wore?? So maybe it's an older cologne or even an aftershave.

Anyway, it smells nice. I hope my dad didn't wear it because then it would be weird to have my boyfriend wear this, but I could see having him wear this, or myself when I wanted a more masculine scent, as is sometimes my wont.

Edited by MissHazel

• 2 months later...

The frankincense and Sandalwood are most prominent when wet but after dry down it morph's into a fruit basket then to a musky fig ... then I am left with just a hint of Sandalwood by the end of the day which is nice.

While I am not sure about this one I do feel a bit empowered while wearing it which I find interesting.

I received this as one of Mara's gift sniffy's and I am keeping this on my wish list as I may want to order it to explore the way I feel when wearing it some more.