Top Dog

This was Quince's favorite of the male offerings for the phero month. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because he loves the green scents, though I thought the floral elements might put him off, but apparently he can't smell anything except the leafy green notes and the "fresh" aspects.

For me, this falls in the same category as something like Legend, a really airy clean sort of non-threatening scent which is wholly work-appropriate. It goes a bit soapy to my nose after drydown, but again that enforces the "clean" aspect so it's not necessarily a criticism.

So here's the MVP part...I didn't really have an opinion about this blend in the context of the scent because the scent itself didn't really invite me closer, if you know what I mean. Now if Q had been wearing MVP in Delicious Wood or some other scent I love on him I would have been huffing it like a mofo and likely following him around all starry-eyed. But he did test on himself, as it were. He's been trying to get me something for my Xmas gift - something only he can get me - for months now, and facing obstacles and it wounded his pride that he couldn't do this one thing for me (what it is I'm not allowed to say, so I apologize for the cryptic-ness) although I had told him repeatedly that it was okay, he didn't have to feel bad and I would never think any less of him or expect such a thing. So with this task in mind he called me one day and said:

"I'm going to have to get stroppy with someone tomorrow, what should I wear?"

I knew he meant pheromone-wise, and I thought Uh-oh because he's known for being even-tempered and kind and one of the nicest guys you could ever know. So if he feels he has to be pushy or upset then it means it's his last resort, but I had no idea what the context was. I asked him if he was seeing the person and he said it was going to be a phone conversation, so then I thought about what would make him feel like he could be forceful if he needed to be, since he's not normally that way in regards to work.

"Wear Top Dog," I said.

"Which one is that? The one with the dog on the label?"

"Yes dear."

So then the next day I asked him how it had gone and all he said was, "Oh I put my proverbial foot down all right." But he has a tendency to understate things so I took that to mean he was very forceful. I asked him, "How did you feel when talking to that person?"

"Like I'd had enough of their bollocks, thank you very much!"

So I know the 'rone and 'none probably pushed him a bit to assert his authority. I asked him if he thought it worked and he said, "I'll know soon enough."

Well I kinda wondered why he was being so cryptic with me and a few days later I found out why...he had accomplished what he wanted, which was to give me something only he could, and thus his pride is rescued and he is a Very Useful Engine indeed. :wub:

But I'm interested for guys to wear this to work and see how it effects coworkers and the like, to see if it engenders the same sort of feeling of competence in both yourself and others.

Edited by luna65

WATER/OZONE ACCORD ~ Cleansing, purifying. Renewal.

LEAFY GREENS ~ Love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.

BLUEBELL ~ Compells truth, comforting.

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.

WHITE JASMINE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers, intuition.

WHITE PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.

Oh thanks for bringing this to mind! Actually this one is TT's second favorite of the pheromone releases. He's been wearing it to the gym & he really likes the alpha in charge vibe it gives him, not that he doesn't get that without it, but it's more of a 'happy' vibe for him with this LP. The A-nol must take the edge off of the 'none for him and his fellow gym rats. I'm also surprise dthe florals didn't commit the unspeakable crimes they normally do with his chemistry scent-wise, interesting!

(Quince) is a Very Useful Engine indeed.

This made me think of Luna as the Fat Controller. Then I thought about what that implied. So what does the Fat Controller and the engines get up to in the engine shed at night... Oh God, that sounds like the name of a club doesn't it... "The Engine Shed". I'll never watch Thomas the Tank Engine with my kid again in the same way. :10_small16:

Maaaraaaa, Luna hurt my brain! Make her stop! :P

Edited by tezza23

• 1 month later...
This made me think of Luna as the Fat Controller. Then I thought about what that implied. So what does the Fat Controller and the engines get up to in the engine shed at night... Oh God, that sounds like the name of a club doesn't it... "The Engine Shed". I'll never watch Thomas the Tank Engine with my kid again in the same way. ;)

Maaaraaaa, Luna hurt my brain! Make her stop! :Blusher:

OMG!!! :lol: You two!!!

Edited by ElizabethOSP