The Empress

luna65

The Empress

Embody the spirit of the daughter of Heaven and Earth, the fruitful mother, Queen of the material paradise of endless bounty, the entrance to Existence itself. She is the soul of Desire clothed in light, life relying upon her radiant splendor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
OATS ~ Abundance, sustenance, prosperity. Ode to goddesses and fae.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
EGG ~ A representation of the world or the womb. Fertility, nourishment, cycle of life, feminine energy.
CORIANDER ~ Love attracting, protection, peace, healing. Encourages people to fall in love.
SPICES ~ Sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers. Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I was the one to originally dub Shelly B's Naughty Sweet & Dirty "sexy oatmeal." Or perhaps my Limey partner-in-crime...but of course I was totally wrong because this is definitely Sexy Oatmeal. There's a voluptuous weight to this which, immediately upon application, evokes all the aspects of The Empress. I think the honey is what really steers this into R-rated territory, IMO, and it dries down to the soft warm girl-skin aspect which is still so delicious even as it is subtle.

I love it, and I plan to embody it as soon as someone's schedule (and my whining) will allow. :666:

I'd love to try this one, but anything with milk in it turns out really bad in my skin...

I have problems with dairy accords as well at times, but with this one it's not an issue for me.

Edited by luna65

This one is yummy. Hours after I've put in on (at 7AM) it's a soft scent of honey on me. Honey and I are on iffy terms, so it takes a while for it to "settle" and actually smell honey-like on my skin. I can wear it, but there's some time of this almost sharp-chemically smell before it mellows into yummy honey.

Sigh, honey & I just don't get along unless there's a fixative involved (like Amber). This one goes fake & chemical on me. I don't get the sexy Oatmeal (POOH!). And I do so love Oatmeal....

WOW! This is a VERY different honey scent! I prefer this honey scent than sugared honeycomb! It's a brighter and more yummy version!! :) Like the honey u spread on ur toast :):):) Sadly... There's something in the potion that my skin doesn't agree to... and it turns bitter on my skin!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear..... Well, at least I can breathe a sigh of relief. One I'm NOT in love with. Roses are icky on me and honey goes sour. I won't describe what it smells like because that would just be rude ;) Gotta wash this off.

• 7 months later...

I like this one!! THe honey doesn't smell dirty on me at all. The oatmeal and milk blend to make a nice, background skin scent on me. It's not even identifiable as oatmeal. After wearing all day, a sharp scent emerged. I think it's the coriander. It's a very comforting scent on me that doesn't even smell like perfume. I think I could definitely layer it with other things. I'll have to test this again to see if I want a full bottle of it.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This is such a cozy comfort scent for me, perfect for chilly days and bedtime. It takes about a half an hour for the ingredients to properly meld on my skin but once they do it is perfect. I can smell the oats, sweet bordering on sultry honey, and clean skin, all softened and blended with a touch of rich milk.

• 5 months later...

I received this scent as a Sample and I absolutely adore it. It dries down to a very warm, sultry scent on me. It work so well with my body chemistry. This one will probably end up as an FB when I run out!!

• 1 year later...

This scent is one that is not my usual preference, but I found it warm and comforting and kind of addicting on my skin. I detected the honey and I suppose that's what my nose interpreted as musk.

• 3 months later...

I have a trial of this. Now I have to go sniff it again. I remember thinking Mother Goddess shares a scent and strong vibe with this.

I love Maras oat scents.. I have a few stashed away :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love The Empress! Like Mc Creepers said is just soooooooo cozy,warm and comforting. I don't get any dairy out of it, it really smells like a fresh baked,warm from the oven spicy oatmeal cookie drizzled lightly with honey on me. Its great to wear on those chilly days in fall or winter where the gray clouds cover the sky like a blanket and you want fuzzy slippers,tea, and a good book. It brings that 'secure' feeling,at any time you wear it though,even at the height of summer.

I swear,these Embody the Tarot oils ARE just like spell oils, in they're own right. They truly make you feel the intent with which they were brewed. This one is nurturing,womanly...'motherly' without being 'matronly'. Every one I've tried has been obviously magical....I wish I had them all! My favorite is The Star,with this coming as a close second.

Hi Cheesy! I know. Though many were long gone by the time I got here. I really love Temperance, (wish I had grabbed more than one bottle), Transition (lucky to score 3 trials from a sale it's eerily potent!) & The Sun. Luna's recommendation of wearing The Sun with Focus Potion is right on the money. Well I guess I know what I'm wearing today. :)

• 2 years later...

Lainey gifted me a sample of this, and I LOVE it. If I had read the notes on it before sampling, I would not have put it on tonight. I have noticed that both Fairy Cake Oatmeal and Mother Goddess smell dusty once on my skin, so I thought I was done with that note. But no, this is heavenly. It's not a heavy cream scent, more of a cuddly sweet honey on me. If honey came straight out of a flower, this is what it would smell like. The spice adds some coziness, not heat. I have a necklace with the Empress card on it that I haven't worn for a while, this makes me want to bust it out. This is what a good mom should smell like to her kids, if she happened to be magickal and her kids always felt safe and nourished and protected.  Sometimes I think about how my kids will remember me from their early childhood, I imagine they'll have more than a few memories of me either dancing or driving and singing loud and off-key, I'm cool with that.

I was conversing with a deaf woman who comes to my meditation class, it's challenging for both of us in that I try to talk less than usual, I heavily rely on verbal instruction, and she doesn't have the tool of reading lips. She was telling me about how hearing aid technology improves about every five years, so every five years she gets to hear something she's never heard before. She remembers all her "firsts," like he first time she heard birds, sitting outside with her dad, and she thought her new hearing aid was malfunctioning. The very first thing she ever heard was her mom's voice, and they set it up so her mom was 5 feet behind her, and even though she had never heard it before, she just knew her mom's voice already because of the mother child connection. I told her about how I felt my grandmother recognized my smell, and I recognized hers, when her Alzheimer's had taken most everything else from her. We talked about scent and how most people don't consciously use it, she thinks people lose it, except for really big scent memories, like familial relations. I don't know if my kids will associate any particular scents with me, other than my son's lavender obsession, but who wouldn't want a mom that smelled like this? I think my goal in parenting is just to not fuck up too bad or too often, I think a lot could be forgiven if I always smelled this good. I did pair it with my MLH variant phero (extra DHEAS and ?), and I think my daughter was feeling it because she fell asleep holding me really really tight.

• 2 weeks later...

"This is what a good mom should smell like to her kids, if she happened to be magickal and her kids always felt safe and nourished and protected.  Sometimes I think about how my kids will remember me from their early childhood, I imagine they'll have more than a few memories of me either dancing or driving and singing loud and off-key, I'm cool with that." Lol. Every Body is different. Yes there is some of that "Mother Goddessness" in there forsure. But, this is sexy bordering on smutty on me. I'm not surprised that this is an oats scent that is working on you. I actually wondered if youd like it even after you had not found love with the others. The honey must really work for you here. Like it helps you with Rouge vs Red. 

On 5/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, StacyK said:

I actually wondered if youd like it even after you had not found love with the others. The honey must really work for you here. Like it helps you with Rouge vs Red. 

The body chemistry thing is so funny! Are you thinking there's a honey thing with rouge for me? It's so well blended I don't know what it is that I love so much in Rouge. You're making me consider adding some Aja to this Delectable im wearing. I'm not sure about the Orchid, but maybe if I add a touch of honey smut....

I had thought warm and toasty worked, but the oats turned on me. Maybe it's like building up seasonal allergy resistance by eating a spoonful of local honey daily, maybe I should choke down a spoonful of oatmeal. Kidding. My life would be unmanageable if every LP worked for me every time.

Edited by Eastwood22
Because oats are for horses