Alcohol? Silicone? Oil? Alcohol/Silicone Combo?

Does anyone have a preference? I have a combo of oils and sprays coming to me, but I'm just wondering if people have a favorite in terms of the carrier for the phermones, and why you prefer the form that you do (diffusion, long-lasting, etc).

I'm looking to place another order- I can't wait to go get my order at the PO tomorrow!

Edited by kittenkat

My specific preference is oil for sexual blends: slower diffusion and they "stick," bloom with heat and are very useful for playtime. Oil is also good for those blends which give self-effects as you are more likely to smell yourself and therefore experience the benefits.

I don't have many sprays (just the ones that Mara has created for the line and a couple beta sprays which were given to me) but it's my experience that alcohol is a good carrier for social blends because of the wider diffusion and application possibilities. However, there's also a use for a sexual blend in the same medium, such as layering or application to linens, for example.

I almost always request my beta sprays in the combo, but the ones I've made myself (with the do-it-yourself spray) are 100% alcohol. I've also received a couple of 100% in trades. I like both!! However, I agree with Luna that the oils are better for the sexiest of blends, since they are for just me and Mr. Goddess and he's usually the only one to get that close to me.

So, the answer to your question is, yes, I do have a preference, for every option!!! LOL!!! ;)

I'm with Luna. Sexual blends in alcohol can be fun for experimental purposes, but over the top reactions get old fast. Sexual blend in oil, social blends in alcohol.

I'm with Luna too.

As for Perfect Match, I guess I'll go with alcohol if I ever think of getting a bottle. I guess I want it to be diffused quickly to draw him/her in for the communication and bonding.

What is best for blends that are not sexual, but also not really social, like perfect match?

I would categorize Perfect Match as a social blend because it's meant to enhance interactions with people as well as provide self-effects (although the way in which it's primarily meant to be utilized is one-on-one). It really depends on the particular scenario in terms of the medium.

I am in agreement here,with the oils in the sexual blends,and my preference for socials is the 60/40 combo as found in the sprays.But I love many of the pheros in oils for self-effects too!... In the unscenteds,I thought I preferred CS <D5> but now I am not sure of that. It won't take long until you find what works best for you :aola: ...the important thing is to have fun doing so...I sure have/am :aola:

In the unscenteds,I thought I preferred CS <D5> but now I am not sure of that.

I'm still trying to work this out as I have very limited opportunities to test drive or use my pheros. Besides, I'm with my kids all the time so I really don't want to expose them to pheros unnecessarily.

I ordered mainly 60/40 for my first couple of UN pheros. I've only tested my BI once and Leather is still untouched after 6 months. I believe I also order UN pheros in CS and DPG. In my recent order, I have the UN pheros in DPG only although I was quite concerned about the chemicals I'm introducing to my skin/body. My home country is hot and humid all year round and it's super hot & humid during summer and super warm indoors during winter in my host country so oil seemed to be a better option.

I love the ladies here! I like the idea of social = spray, sexy = oil. Maybe I'll try a few silicone/alcohol sprays to see if I like them- best of two worlds?

Great idea though- about the spray for social blends, oil for sexy blends. My BAM (that should be here today- SO EXCITED) is alcohol spray. Maybe for the next order, I'll try BAM in oil... I'm also so excited for Mara's Rocket Fuel. I can't wait to play around with that one...

Incidentally, I'm wondering how long a bottle of the oil will last me. How many applications have people gotten from theirs?

Edited by kittenkat

The main advantage of the 60/40 as I see it is greater staying power.

With the oil, it really depends on how much you apply each time. I tend to slather and went through a bottle of LAM! in about a month, but that was with near-daily use. If you used something less frequently - say, only a few times a month - even with slathering it would probably last a few months at least.

Incidentally, I'm wondering how long a bottle of the oil will last me. How many applications have people gotten from theirs?

A month or so for scents which I slather on and use almost everyday. So far I have only finished a full bottle of MWO & I believe some leaked when I was travelling. I think I'm half way thr my OCCO White and OCCO Red. That's like 6 months after receiving them from LP.

I like them all! And, I think I have at least one bottle in each carrier......

I have some boosted scents, so there is your oil, I have some in CPS, and I have some in spray, so I am fully covered (pardon the pun), whatever the occassion!

Edited by Dolly

Well,I planned on wearing as much as I wanted of one of my hoarded bottles of Garland and Lace v1 through out December...I slathered most every day and still have maybe a fifth of a bottle left...that surprised me :) Guess it also has a lot to do with the strength of the scent,and your idea of slather :lol:

I like socials in silicone and sexy in oil, I'm not good with alcohol, I often get red skin rashes which is actually how I found LP, looking for an alternative to alcohol. Although I'm sure alcohol works terrifically for its purposes, I have had great hits with oils, silicones and find even without breaking into a sweat I diffuse quite well if I place pheros on my breast line and near to my underarms...

Edited by Indigo

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, some of you feel that for self-effects oils are better? I was thinking of getting some pheros just for me, and I was automatically going for the alcohol spray like in the others I've already bought, but I'll get oil if that works better.

Edited by Darbla

I can smell the oils better on me, so that's why I like oils for those I get self-effects from, and they stick. Some might benefit from the 60/40 though, like Focus Potion or Woozy Floozy or Tranquility Potion, so you can spray it in your hair or clothes and get a cloud around you as well as on you, if that makes sense.

To make sure I'm understanding correctly, some of you feel that for self-effects oils are better? I was thinking of getting some pheros just for me, and I was automatically going for the alcohol spray like in the others I've already bought, but I'll get oil if that works better.

Personally,I find the self-effects from oil to be longer lasting and ...steady. Often,in a just for me time, I'll run a line along my jawbone along with the up and down my chest,my neck,and across my collar bone...ummm just be careful flossing,as none taste good :shocked:

Edited by Calii

I think so far in 2 years I've gone thru like 3 bottles completely. I do have a few that are @ the half-way point, but this probably due to using samples & sniffees before I use the bottles.

@Calii, I apply along my jawbone too. As for stronger scents such as Eternal Chain, I'll just apply directly under my chin.

@Beccah, I thought I was the only one who uses samples and sniffees before the bottles. However, I top up my favourite sniffees so I can bring them around easily for refreshing purposes.