Luscious Smelling Wax Melts & Party Melts

I am busy making some incredible smelling Wax Melts today.

Wax melts are like candles without the wick, and because they do not need to support a wick, we can make them super-saturated with perfume oil. This makes them soft and quick to melt and diffuse the scent throughout the room.

They are around the size of an ice cube, but in pretty shapes, and you place one in your electric or candle powered oil/potpourri warmer, (we offer several styles in our Gift Shoppe area). When the scent is gone, tip out the remaining wax and wipe out the bowl of your warmer.

Another added benefit to using wax melts, is that UNLIKE candles, we CAN add pheromones to them.

I recently found out that a lot of people are unaware of the fact that pheromones will produce a toxic gas upon touching flame. Pheromone candles are absolutely unsafe. However, there is no such risk with wax melts, as they never touch flame, the wax is simply warmed and melted, and thus diffused, and that is completely safe.

An alpha-androstenol laced "Party Melt" is a great mood enhancer for a party!

These are going for the following prices:

Wax Melts = package of 7 for $5.00

Pheromone Enhanced Party Melts = package of 7 for $8.00

Going to list my scents as I make them today, in posts to follow.....

Oh, and by the way, all of these scents are available in the form of Simmer Oils too. They are crafted of concentrated candle oils. (Specifically made for candles, these oils are not skin safe.)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winter Woody

This is one of my favorites, a rich, cozy around the fireplace type of scent.

It's crafted of deep patchouli, frankincense and myrrh, cedar. tobacco and sandalwood, with buttery vanilla, cranberry and cinnamon on top.

omgomgomg~! I'm sooooo excited! I gotted a sample of this LONG ago, in Cougar, I think? I absolutley LURVE them, I used it in my Aroma Stone warmer -scented the whole house!

CANNOT WAITS!

WOW! That sounds AMAZING!!!!! :):D:D Will we be able to choose a mixture of scents for a packet of 6? This is so exciting!!!!! :lol::D:D

Usually when they're sold like that it's because the mold has six pieces, so when the wax is harded it comes out all connected (that's how I buy my tarts from Alternative Breeding, for example) so it's easy to package that way, then you break them apart when you want to use one.

Here's a picture....

WaxTartSet.jpg

I packaged 7 to a set, (rather than 6), I placed a US quarter on there so you can see the size of them. They are packaged in 8 oz plastic containers and wax tissue paper, the type you get at the deli/bakery.

I can mix and match for you.

It's AMAZING how saturated the scent is in these, the whole studio smells amazing right now. I'm using a soy wax mix, and it's very soft. (I can foresee a problem mailing these in summer.)

About phero adds - I am starting with Alpha-Nol, True Confessions and Open Windows. Any other suggestions? Remember, these have to compliment the aura of a room, rather than just a person, so the more broad social mixes are my feeling. Thoughts?

More scents:

Love Potion: Original

Buttery vanillas, sugar, patchouli, amber, apricot.

Love Potion: Pink

Buttery vanillas, patchouli, amber, apricot and cotton candy sugars.

Love Potion: Black

Buttery vanillas, patchouli, amber, apricot, plus extra resins, caramel and brown sugar.

Feel free to post your requests while I'm cooking away here folks! Both for scents and for phero/scent combos!

Don't forget LP Red & Popularity Potion :)

Need to limit how much cinnamon you put into the air. It can be like pepper spray, really. I haven't made an LP RED candle oil for that reason, but I can try, going light on the cinnamon and heavier on the resins and sugar.

Anyone else have an opinion about adding Popularity Potion? I'm thinking this is more for personal charisma enhancement, rather than a general mood elevator for everyone in a room. Thoughts?

Oooh, Focus Potion is a good idea! What kind of scent would you like that in?

I can't do Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla exactly, because I am not using my perfume oils. I'm using candle oils, there's fewer of them to choose from. I am reconstructing my perfume scents using only the candle oils, and blending new ones from scratch, such as Winter Woody - for which we have no corresponding perfume.

Next up, Sugared Honeycomb, and NOX!

Focus Potion! Please, please, please, pretty please?

:) FOCUS POTION PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!! (THAT will really help me focus on my drawings while in my bedroom!!! )

TEDDY POTION BB or B2 sounds like a good idea for relaxation at night time!!! I would LOVE to try Teddy BB!!!

POPULARITY POTION/ woozy floozy sounds like a GREAT idea for parties!!! WOOP WOOP!

THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!! :) And I'm so going to try the LP: ORIGINAL!!! :lol::D:D OH and the hearts look LOVELY!!!!!!

How long do these little wax melts last for??? an hour???

How long do these little wax melts last for??? an hour???

I'm testing them now.

They melt right away, within the first few minutes, and they're really strongly scented. I'm hoping the scent lasts as long as the tea light does. Will keep you posted!

I just used LP Pink melts at work yesterday!! So excited!! I think True Confessions will be a winner, and Open Windows!! I'm a wax melt whore, so whatever you make, I'll buy!!

Heee! Thanks Lynn!

I am making these quite a bit more saturated than the last go around, you should get a bigger blast of scent from these than from our earlier trials.

:)

Heee! Thanks Lynn!

I am making these quite a bit more saturated than the last go around, you should get a bigger blast of scent from these than from our earlier trials.

Well then, a good thing will be even better!!

Testing complete.

Two solid hours of the strongest scent I've ever experienced. Amazingly strong. After 2 hours, my tea light burned for another half hour and the scent was medium in strength. Most of the wax was still there, and after it hardened back up again, it popped easily out of the burner. That looks like the life of it. I won't try warming it a second time. The aroma is still present in the room 1.5 hours after the candle went out.

:D

Testing complete.

Two solid hours of the strongest scent I've ever experienced. Amazingly strong. After 2 hours, my tea light burned for another half hour and the scent was medium in strength. Most of the wax was still there, and after it hardened back up again, it popped easily out of the burner. That looks like the life of it. I won't try warming it a second time. The aroma is still present in the room 1.5 hours after the candle went out.

OMG.... I wonder what the room will smell like with Nosfy's Aperitif.... Sexy DARK chocolate and rose.... :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I can't wait to try them out!!!!! :D:D:D itz amazing what these little wax can do for 2 HOURS!!!!! :D:D:D

Rose Cookies

Rose, Lavender (drop), Sandalwood, Cedar, Pine (drop), Caramel, Maple, Brown Sugar, Vanilla, Chocolate

I'm going to mix this one up with B2 right now!

SUPER LIKE!!!!! :huh::lol::2705:

ROSE + SANDALWOOD + CHOCOLATE :2743: I wonder what it smells like... :wub::):omgwtf:

It smells like deep dried roses, and chocolate chip cookies! :wub:

I have a feeing this is gonna be my next new addiction.... Really need to find a part time job to keep up with the amazing quality stuff from LP!!!! :J001:

Ooooohhh, something minty please! Peppermint, spearmint, rosemary, eucalyptus, OMG can I have one now? :wub:

That's a really interesting idea. What do you think about adding to that a little scent of fresh cut grass and maybe a drop of lavender to really create a *spa* kind of feel?

That's a really interesting idea. What do you think about adding to that a little scent of fresh cut grass and maybe a drop of lavender to really create a *spa* kind of feel?

I think that would go perfectly with Focus Pocus..oh & I CAN'T wait to get my hands on these!! Seriously, my 12 yr.old had an accident in his room like 2 years ago on his carpet, anyway my MIL was going in there for the last two years since SHE steam cleaned it & complaining that it always smells like pee in his room (seriously kids have accidents!) So this year I started burning incense in there daily & she shut up about it...until my 4 year old was sick on his carpet & I ha dto ask her to borrow steam cleaner to get the smell out of little one's room. Uggh, she insisted on cleaning it herself + doing the rest of our carpets (IDK probably afraid I'd break it, even though I've had to steam clean numerous times @ hotel), when I thanked her for getting rid of the nasty puke smell, she got all snarky & was all like 'I'll NEVER be able to get the urine smell out of I's room!" I'm going to melt a wax DAILY in 12 yr.old's room :wub:

Ooooohhh, something minty please! Peppermint, spearmint, rosemary, eucalyptus, OMG can I have one now? :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I would get this one for sure!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Mint! :) And the lavender & grass for a spa vibe...perfect :)

I'm burning one of the LP Black w/ Perfect Match right now, and I'm very impressed. The self effects I get from Perfect Match - that "love in the tummy" feeling - is just EVERYWHERE in the air. And it smells amazing.

So far I am noticing that the deeper aromas are carrying further in the air. I am looking forward to trying our minty spa blend to see how that carries. I am going to make that one next. I just blended the oils for that one, it smells divine.