Cops & Robbers

Cops/robbers - zomg, instant love. I expected it to be a fun novelty type limited-use kinda thing -- but it's freakin awesome, really actually comes off as a 'legit' scent, has warmth and depth and is very cheerful, sweet and sexy all at the same time. If this is what a cop smells like, me likey. AND! ZERO COPS STINK, not even in the vial -- so stink free, I didn't even know/remember this even *had* cops til I looked back at the description page. Full bottle worthy.

I am wearing this now,but something is not right as I am getting hardly any smell ACK...will try again in a few days,cause what I do smell I like :Hug_emoticon: Definitely no cops smell,ummm,and this I Know,cause I have been playing with my new bottle of EOW...hmmm,maybe I shocked my smeller temporarily :(

I am wearing this now,but something is not right as I am getting hardly any smell ACK...will try again in a few days,cause what I do smell I like :Hug_emoticon: Definitely no cops smell,ummm,and this I Know,cause I have been playing with my new bottle of EOW...hmmm,maybe I shocked my smeller temporarily :(

I bet you did!!!

I like this one in vial, & I can't smell the cops either. Which is interesting, because I'm usually very sensitive to them at this point in my cycle.

AND! ZERO COPS STINK, not even in the vial -- so stink free, I didn't even know/remember this even *had* cops til I looked back at the description page.

Yeah that's the first thing I noticed too - I put some on Friday night - and it was like, "Cops? Really?" I love that creamy coffee note in the beginning (*smooches* for Da Mara) and it's cute, it makes me giggle. Q said it reminded him of a bakery but he couldn't really pick anything out even after I told him what it was. He just said it was "warm pastry of some kind." But he still wouldn't let me pretend a little police brutality, the wet end. :):D:12_small7:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.

BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

RASPBERRY JAM ~ Love inducing, protection. Stamina, vigor.

GUAVA ~ Encourages romantic notions and fantasy.

CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

In the vial I get the jam, on my skin this is mostly coffee. Kudos to PM, because this is only the second foodie scent TT has liked, & the cops are barely detectable when the fragrance is wet. I didn't even smell them in the vial actually.

:D I've noticed in later trials that I get a LOT of the donut now! zomg nomg nomg. Berry often gets plasticky/flat on me, but in this, it comes off very 'legit perfumey', in a good way. I wish I could explain better how you CAN pick out the rich creamy coffee and the donut and the berry all separately, AND YET they do mix amazingly - closest I can come to explaining it is like those swirl candies that have several different colors that you CAN see all separately but they're all swirled together. I am going to put some on right now!

Guest icing

I haven't noticed the cops in this at all... maybe it's buried in the richness of the buttercream?

For a split second it is really thick, glorious buttercream, then it quickly shifts to WOAH FRESH CUT GUAVA with a bite of tart raspberry. After several hours I get a cozy ambery scent that reminds me very much of Allumette.

For a split second it is really thick, glorious buttercream, then it quickly shifts to WOAH FRESH CUT GUAVA with a bite of tart raspberry. After several hours I get a cozy ambery scent that reminds me very much of Allumette.

Ack - you said the magic word, Allumette! Now I have to try this!

I love this one! I don't get the smoky resin that I do with Allumette, but the creamy raspberry-amber accord is very long-lasting, and the cops make me feel relaxed and swoony. This one lasts, too, I was getting wafts of creamy raspberry-amber well into the next day.

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 3 weeks later...
The only other scent I've seen cover cops nearly as well is Halo's Angelique. Wish I had some right now

Liquid Magix does a good job, too

• 4 months later...

I got this one in a sample, but I don't think I'll be buying it.

It covers the cops amazingly, but the smell is just too strong and fruity for me.. It's not bad but it's not quite my cup of tea (or coffee since I'm talking about this scent, haha)

I got this one in a sample, but I don't think I'll be buying it.

It covers the cops amazingly, but the smell is just too strong and fruity for me.. It's not bad but it's not quite my cup of tea (or coffee since I'm talking about this scent, haha)

Yeah, I usually love all fruity scents but something was off with this one on me too. My mother loved it though!! I sent her home with the sample..she doesn't know about cops...wasn't sure if I should have warned her. :)

All she really does is go to church so she should be OK I guess...

:) THAT will wake up the congregation!

She probably won't put enough on to elicit any weirdness.

• 2 weeks later...

:A002: This made me giggle.

I had tucked this sample away and pretty much forgot about it, but I revisited. Mmmm mmmm good! At first I got an intense pastry smell. So much so that I went and got a raspberry scone, Weight Watchers be damned! Then a sweet coffee scent emerged for an hour or so. Now I'm getting a little vanilla amber smell. those two like to linger on me, so hopefully that's where it'll sit for the rest of the day. Someone earlier said it was like Alumette without the smokiness. That's dead on what it is. I love it.

I did accidentally get some on my hair. Let's hope that my hair continues to smell like donuts and doesn't morph into ass!

ETA: The cops in my hair did morph into ass. It was faint when I left work but by 7p, I smelled like the bathroom in a club. Clarifying with apple cider vinegar did the trick!

Edited by BlueBear

• 4 months later...

I only dab on a tiny bit of this, when I wear it, but I notice MAJOR doubletakes (like nothing else) whenever I wear this.

The cops in my hair did morph into ass. It was faint when I left work but by 7p, I smelled like the bathroom in a club. Clarifying with apple cider vinegar did the trick!

OO thanks for sharing this tip- beats heck out of stripping hair with Prell or such.

In the bottle this gave me the jelly filled donut smell. On me it smell like pastry and jelly. I really like that I cannot smell the cops at all even when wet. I really like this fragrance. Its kind of a novelty sweet type smell that I like to wear on Sunday morning when I go to the grocery store, but not a night or sexy fragrance for me.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I applied this yesterday with a swipe on each forearm and also used the Mara maneuver I think it is called from cleavage to naval and back again. Then 2 sprays of The Good Witch boosted w/ Perfect Match. Yowza! What a perfect combo for me. I never did get a coffee scent from the Cops/Robbers. It is more like a full bodied deep raspberry with a soft hint of a light creamy pastry sprinkled with milk chocolate and something just a touch floral. The pairing with Good Witch was a spot on marriage in scent heaven.

:it-s-a-beautiful-thing:

My only issue is that I am spending the weekend trying to study for an exam. I must have stopped studying at least a hundred times to smell my arms. I would read a paragraph, get all dreamy and distracted, and sure enough the sniffing would start again. When I woke up this morning the first thing I did was start sniffing my arms to see if it was still there. I'm guessing I'd better not wear this combo on exam day or they may think I have written tiny cheat notes on my arms from all the arm sniffing.

This will be my first foray into the land of "COPS", I ordered this as one of my freebies after reading these reviews....the review that really convinced me this scent would work for me was Tyvey stating; "berries usually go plasticky/waxy on me, but not in this one, AT ALL". Really looking forward to trying this one out.

At first I'm getting yummy rasberry donut...with a hint of sumething musky, I'm a bit scared its gonna morph to yucky...maybe the coffee or guava? I know guava has a hint of musky taste to me. Its drying down, and fading (the muskiness). I'm getting a amber/berry...very nice! NO cops smell either!!! This is a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm thinking of wearing this to work tommorow with BBM, does anyone feel that will be to much cops in play?

For anyone that has this baby, try it out again as it has aged ever so beautifully, the jelly donut is there but its no longer slapping me in the face as when I first got this bottle...