Speed dating tonight - what to wear?

I'm going to a speed dating event tonight, I have:

Tail

Happy Ending

Intellectual Woman (I would probably use Caught in the Act as cover)

OCCO Pink

Sexology II

Thrill of the Chase

Best choice for success?

adding: I also have Spirit Bottle

Edited by perfumesniffer

I'm going to a speed dating event tonight, I have:

Tail

Happy Ending

Intellectual Woman (I would probably use Caught in the Act as cover)

OCCO Pink

Sexology II

Thrill of the Chase

Best choice for success?

adding: I also have Spirit Bottle

Hi there, hope you have a good time tonight and meet some nice people. Personally I wouldn't want to wear any cops only cuz I wouldn't want the guys to be affected by them at first meeting (unless that's what you want :)) But of course it's up to you and everyone's preference is different. What is your goal? For me I would go with Intellectual Woman because I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that it has beta-nol which will hopefully help you and the other daters feel comfortable opening up so you can get to know each other better. Well thats just my opinion. Good Luck!

We have a winner! Thanks everyone.

added: OOh stinky cops drydown. I haven't worn this one in a while. A little bit of Liquid Magix and all better.

Edited by perfumesniffer

Thank you all!

I had a great time, there were more women than men in this age group (46+) so there were times when I didn't have a conversation partner. I squeaked in as a 41 yo, the 62 & 64 yr old women told me it gets worse as you get older (the ratio of men to women).

I had a lot of nice conversations with both the men and women there. There were 3 men I thought I would enjoy dating casually, we'll see. A couple of months ago I did speed dating with the younger group (20-40 somethings) and didn't have good results, though I enjoyed the process.

I'm glad to hear you had a successful evening too. Where do you find these kinds of events? I'm not looking, lol, happily in a relationship but just curious b/c I only heard of speed dating in movies or tv shows. It sounds interesting though and hope it'll work out with those 3 : )

Great to hear that you had a great time and I look forward to reading your posts on your dates.

BTW, what's speed dating?

They usually get an equal number of men and women together, it's either done with long tables or individual tables. Men and women sit across from each other, when the event begins, you have X number of minutes to chat with the person across from you. Then, one gender moves one seat over, and you have X minutes to chat with the next person. And so on. By the end of the night, everyone should have chatted with everyone else. Then you submit a form with the people you liked on it and if they also chose you, you both get each other's contact info by snail mail or email.

I've also done lesbian speed dating, it works the same way but I find dating women a much more complicated process. Plus right now I'm living in a small town in a conservative area. God/Goddess bless the Unitarians - LGBT welcome, Wiccans & Pagans welcome, Athesists welcome.

I'm glad to hear you had a successful evening too. Where do you find these kinds of events? I'm not looking, lol, happily in a relationship but just curious b/c I only heard of speed dating in movies or tv shows. It sounds interesting though and hope it'll work out with those 3 : )

I do a lot of socializing through meetup.com, which has all kinds of interest groups, the main organizer of our local singles group is also involved in organizing speed dating. I highly recommend meetup for making friends. I've moved around a lot and every movie/restaurant group I've belonged to has been fun and friendly. If you and your SO want to widen your circle of friends there are outdoor activity groups, wine tasting groups, etc and the cost for events is usually reasonable. It's free to browse meetup and join groups, and it's always interesting to see what's in your area.

I do a lot of socializing through meetup.com, which has all kinds of interest groups, the main organizer of our local singles group is also involved in organizing speed dating. I highly recommend meetup for making friends. I've moved around a lot and every movie/restaurant group I've belonged to has been fun and friendly. If you and your SO want to widen your circle of friends there are outdoor activity groups, wine tasting groups, etc and the cost for events is usually reasonable. It's free to browse meetup and join groups, and it's always interesting to see what's in your area.

Agreed - tho' I have yet to GO OUT and USE them, I've found spiritual groups, groups for hiking, book clubs, etc., etc. There's no guarantee what you're looking for is a very *ACTIVE* group, but there's a good chance you can find something!

I've also done lesbian speed dating, it works the same way but I find dating women a much more complicated process.

It so is! :wub:

That said, my most satisfying emotional relationships/bonds have been with women, it's just all the other stuff that's tough.

Agreed - tho' I have yet to GO OUT and USE them, I've found spiritual groups, groups for hiking, book clubs, etc., etc. There's no guarantee what you're looking for is a very *ACTIVE* group, but there's a good chance you can find something!

Aw, you should give them a try! My favorite one in Albuquerque was the Low-Cost Asian Restaurant group. We used to share our meals and the organizer would check the restaurant out first so we didn't get a dud.

It so is! :wub:

That said, my most satisfying emotional relationships/bonds have been with women, it's just all the other stuff that's tough.

I agree completely. I haven't checked out the lesbian scene in this town, I don't even know if there is one. I didn't know I liked women until I was in my 30s, and then it got confusing for me later when I realized it was people I fell in love with, not a specific gender. I envy the younger women today, they aren't as stuck on labels.

Edited by perfumesniffer

I have the results from speed dating:

No mutual matches, and the three who asked to contact me were Catman (talked only about his cats, dresses like he did in the 70s), Bad Breath Man (who loves music but not jazz, which makes no sense to me, the rest is self-explanatory) and No-short-term-memory man (he told me so). I have a feeling all 3 said "yes" to all the women on their forms.

*sigh*

hope it's good for a laugh!

I have the results from speed dating:

No mutual matches, and the three who asked to contact me were Catman (talked only about his cats, dresses like he did in the 70s), Bad Breath Man (who loves music but not jazz, which makes no sense to me, the rest is self-explanatory) and No-short-term-memory man (he told me so). I have a feeling all 3 said "yes" to all the women on their forms.

*sigh*

hope it's good for a laugh!

:)

Ohhhhh geeeeez...you need to do a TV show about this,it is hysterical,sorry,I know you had hopes but but but...oh you have a good attitude :lol:

You will find "the one" when you least expect it,I bet on it,seriously :lolipop:

:)

Ohhhhh geeeeez...you need to do a TV show about this,it is hysterical,sorry,I know you had hopes but but but...oh you have a good attitude :lol:

You will find "the one" when you least expect it,I bet on it,seriously :lolipop:

It would be a nice surprise. In the meantime I enjoyed conversing with almost everyone there, and I'm sure it will get funnier over time. Boy, do I miss my slutty college years.

Edited by perfumesniffer

Sorry to hear that but at least you had a great time during the meeting.

I think we have speed dating companies back home too. Some people join to expand their social circle and for the opportunity to check out restuarants, etc.

Sorry to hear that but at least you had a great time during the meeting.

I think we have speed dating companies back home too. Some people join to expand their social circle and for the opportunity to check out restuarants, etc.

Hi JOC - all participants were invited to stay afterwards and have dinner together, but most people left right afterwards. It can be exhausting if it's your first time.

Back home, the organizers earn a commission on the total amount spent at the restaurant for bringing the business and therefore it's compulsory that one stays till the end or at least till dinner is over.

I believe there's a membership fee as well.