Lucky in Love Potion No 7

The oil is GREEN! which is just the coolest thing, hee!

I love the green musk (and this is one of those scented miracles, I swear, because I was never a fan of green scents until I tried this particular musk), the scent has a creamy thick luscious bottom with the green notes blooming in the center and there's a really fresh dewy feeling which kind of floats out at you. The sweetness really tames the green for me, makes it easy to wear. It's got a very plush and rounded finish to it, I think lovers of LP Green will hopefully be happy with how this one turned out, even though the two aren't necessarily that much alike. It's a gourmand green scent, bottom line, so take a chance...you might get lucky. :)

When I was a new LP er. I was expecting Nordstromish smells and I traded or (gasp) threw away so many good smellies. LP Green, LP Red, LP Black, Carpe Noctum, Flapper, Native Soil....many other classics. Maybe this will redeem me. I would love to have my LP Green back.

This one is interesting on me. I like it most of the time, LOL Not sure what is doing it, but it smells almost minty/cherry on me. Not super sweet, more any airy scent. Oddly it also reminds me of the childhood smell of play-doh in one of its evolutions. Not a bad memory but not sure it is a scent that conjures the images I want! LOL

Even my father commented on it smelling of cherries. I was completely surprised that there was not cherry in it when I went to look at the ingredients.

The oil is GREEN! which is just the coolest thing, hee!

I love the green musk (and this is one of those scented miracles, I swear, because I was never a fan of green scents until I tried this particular musk), the scent has a creamy thick luscious bottom with the green notes blooming in the center and there's a really fresh dewy feeling which kind of floats out at you. The sweetness really tames the green for me, makes it easy to wear. It's got a very plush and rounded finish to it, I think lovers of LP Green will hopefully be happy with how this one turned out, even though the two aren't necessarily that much alike. It's a gourmand green scent, bottom line, so take a chance...you might get lucky. ;)

:666: I've not tried LP Green, but otherwise? Luna & I are scent twins on this! IT'S BEAUTIFUL! (Now I know I like green musk; I also know I need a full bottle...)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

This is unutterably fabulous. It's got it all - uplifting, sweet but not overly so, unusual, very complex (I don't think the average person on the street would be able to pick out anything other than vanilla), warm, skin-musk-y, a little mysterious, dead sexy. To quote someone's topic subhead (I think it was cheezburger), I am gonna drown in this stuff. Taking all my willpower not to order 1000 bottles.

I traded or (gasp) threw away so many good smellies. LP Green, LP Red, LP Black, Carpe Noctum, Flapper, Native Soil....many other classics.

:)

THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD...... :)

This one is interesting on me. I like it most of the time, LOL Not sure what is doing it, but it smells almost minty/cherry on me. Not super sweet, more any airy scent. Oddly it also reminds me of the childhood smell of play-doh in one of its evolutions. Not a bad memory but not sure it is a scent that conjures the images I want! LOL

Even my father commented on it smelling of cherries. I was completely surprised that there was not cherry in it when I went to look at the ingredients.

I got a playdoh minty scent at first too...It is not bad on me. I probably wouldn't buy a whole bottle.

Simply because this is a variation on the classic LP - I ordered without hesitation or sniff. Not regretting. The kind of scent that makes it difficult to test others because I don't want to stop wearing this one!

I wasn't sure about it at first. Upon application I got baby powder with soft greens. The baby powder quickly vanished and left a burst of fresh, spring greens. Like the leaves of hyacinth & daffodils? Anyway, Nice. Then those slowly faded back and mingled with smooth /creamy/ vanilla. Now it is exactly sweet cream, with a smidge vanilla and some very light warm spice and the greens are still there being sweet and springy in the way background. The spice might be in my chemistry.

Me likey. :) I think I smell FABOO! It is different and distinct from my other scents and def 'spring'.

Upon application I got baby powder with soft greens. The baby powder quickly vanished and left a burst of fresh, spring greens. Like the leaves of hyacinth & daffodils? Anyway, Nice. Then those slowly faded back and mingled with smooth /creamy/ vanilla. Now it is exactly sweet cream, with a smidge vanilla and some very light warm spice and the greens are still there being sweet and springy in the way background. The spice might be in my chemistry.

This sounds SO GOOD... Especially the baby powder part :) Is the scent similar to Love Potion®: Spring Equinox 2009???

Do you give bulk discounts cuz I need about a gallon of this. :happybirthday:

This stuff is BETTER than LP Green. I've been wearing both side by side today, and this is fresher. Something about LP Green turns funky on my skin, but this stuff is awesome.

I've found the "green" part of LP Green doesn't play so nice (but the base is wonderful) but with Lucky in Love the green is nice and fresh within the sweet base, I think it brings the two qualities together really well.

I've found the "green" part of LP Green doesn't play so nice (but the base is wonderful) but with Lucky in Love the green is nice and fresh within the sweet base, I think it brings the two qualities together really well.

I'm just the opposite: I don't do well with the base. The original LP and it's few variants never work out well on me. "Black" has probably been the best of the bunch on me before "Lucky in Love #7" came along, but the others I ultimately gave up on as not the best scents for me. Which saddens me because everybody else seems to enjoy "Red" so much.

Edited by Darbla

LP Green

Notes: Vanilla, Amber and Patchouli Resins, Rain Water, wet leafy Greens, Mosses and Green Musk.

LP#7

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR & CARAMEL ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

GREEN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.

ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

LEAFY GREENS ~ Self confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.

There is something about this one that smells familiar, I don't know what it is but it reminds me of something from a long long time ago. Its very sweet without being tooth-achey. You know this reminds me of being in a cottage somewhere in England baking a mince meat pie. I don't know what a mince meat pie is but I know that this scent is a happy uplifting scent and I would be very happy baking one in England in a cottage. It really is a soothing scent and it makes me feel very womanly and secure with myself. I love this one. I feel like there are aromatic arms hugging me and enveloping me in yumminess. I also feel like I can go into the kitchen and bake a mince meat pie no problemo.

There is something about this one that smells familiar, I don't know what it is but it reminds me of something from a long long time ago. Its very sweet without being tooth-achey. You know this reminds me of being in a cottage somewhere in England baking a mince meat pie. I don't know what a mince meat pie is but I know that this scent is a happy uplifting scent and I would be very happy baking one in England in a cottage. It really is a soothing scent and it makes me feel very womanly and secure with myself. I love this one. I feel like there are aromatic arms hugging me and enveloping me in yumminess. I also feel like I can go into the kitchen and bake a mince meat pie no problemo.

I LOVE YOU! :001_302: I LOVE THIS! This is an utterly brilliant, utterly personal, evocation of a scent. You rock, Lady Victoria! :lol:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I LOVE YOU! :001_302: I LOVE THIS! This is an utterly brilliant, utterly personal, evocation of a scent. You rock, Lady Victoria! :lol:

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Thank you!!! Sometimes I feel a bit like a virgin because I am not keen on the different notes and scents so I don't know how to describe what I am smelling, I get mental images when I smell the perfumes and try to paint a picture so I could translate what I am feeling ~ to me if a scent makes me feel something it's doing what it's supposed to, hence mince meat pie baking : )

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Thank you!!! Sometimes I feel a bit like a virgin because I am not keen on the different notes and scents so I don't know how to describe what I am smelling, I get mental images when I smell the perfumes and try to paint a picture so I could translate what I am feeling ~ to me if a scent makes me feel something it's doing what it's supposed to, hence mince meat pie baking : )

You're doing great, LV! I can hardly put an image to some of the scents.

Friends of ours have a St. Pat's party every year one of the traditions is to play a gambling game called LRC, or Left Right Center. I wore this scent and it lived up to its name--I won the pot! (~$40). I think I'll spend it on a bottle of #7!

SURE AND BEGORA, BABY!!!!

(...or is it Begorra?)(WOOT anyway!!!)

Friends of ours have a St. Pat's party every year one of the traditions is to play a gambling game called LRC, or Left Right Center. I wore this scent and it lived up to its name--I won the pot! (~$40). I think I'll spend it on a bottle of #7!
Edited by ElizabethOSP

I tried this last night, and I liked the aloey light greeness of it (I'm not a huge fan of green scents, although I loved LP Green). So today I washed off Round One, applied a generic vanilla lotion that absorbs without leaving any scent, and put Lucky #Slevin on...

Mistake.

A distinct odor of Chloraseptic wafted throughout my office. It must have reacted with the lotion and the result is sore-throat city...

Yes, I lol'd a bit, but the smell really is annoying. It's calmed down now and if I smell my arm, I can almost detect what the perfume is supposed to smell like, but just barely under the medicinal shroud.

I tried this last night, and I liked the aloey light greeness of it (I'm not a huge fan of green scents, although I loved LP Green). So today I washed off Round One, applied a generic vanilla lotion that absorbs without leaving any scent, and put Lucky #Slevin on...

Mistake.

A distinct odor of Chloraseptic wafted throughout my office. It must have reacted with the lotion and the result is sore-throat city...

Yes, I lol'd a bit, but the smell really is annoying. It's calmed down now and if I smell my arm, I can almost detect what the perfume is supposed to smell like, but just barely under the medicinal shroud.

:D:lol::)

OMG I AM LAUGHING ***WITH*** YOU, Pony!!! I did something like that recently! Can you say, "Annoying?" I KNEW you could! :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Sorry to hear that, Pony. I don't do too well with green scents. It seems to annoy me somehow.

I'm not a big fan of the greens either, but I have noticed that when I am about to regulate (period ) or those first few days ~ I want to wear clean green fresh scents, the three f's - fruity floral or fem scents will drive me over the edge.

i really like it but i dont think patchoulli works for me. i got a plasticky note that i also found in Comp Positions. other then that i thought it was wonderfull. so i will keep the sample but not a full bottle for me.

I got a playdoh minty scent at first too..

:) I get the minty playdoh too!!!! :D May be the caramel? Caramel often go funky on my skin!!! I like the coolness of the scent though!! Very interesting...

Ok... i get a very powdery feel to the scent... IT's probably from the PATCHOULI... which is a nono for my skin.... Dunno why weapon X works so well on my skin! It has PATCHOULI too!!!! I LOVE weapon x :)

Edited by bumbob

i really like it but i dont think patchoulli works for me. i got a plasticky note that i also found in Comp Positions. other then that i thought it was wonderfull. so i will keep the sample but not a full bottle for me.

Hey girl, I thought the exact same thing at first with some scents, that it was the patch that went plasticky on me, - but I have a hunch it's actually a certain kind of vanilla...

Hey girl, I thought the exact same thing at first with some scents, that it was the patch that went plasticky on me, - but I have a hunch it's actually a certain kind of vanilla...

OH RELI!!! Ah, then i better take note of the kind of vanilla my skin likes!!! :):):) This is so fascinating! :D

The playdoh/plastic effect is often the result of amber not meshing with one's chemistry, although I guess it could be vanilla as well, although in my experience vanilla gone bad is a sour note rather than a plastic one.

With any note/accord, there are different sources so you can't really say "this does not work ever" because that's not really true. Likely there is at least one source - if not a few - which would work with a person's chemistry. Now you could say, "I do not like this note" and that would be a truer statement in regards to artisan fragrance...but then again, depending on the source and how it's blended, you might find yourself liking something you never thought you would.

oh i am not going to stop trying things with that note in it. but it is just a little sad cuz i was looking so forward to it. i still wear comp post. i like the fragrance i just ignore the hint of plastic.

The playdoh/plastic effect is often the result of amber not meshing with one's chemistry, although I guess it could be vanilla as well, although in my experience vanilla gone bad is a sour note rather than a plastic one.

With any note/accord, there are different sources so you can't really say "this does not work ever" because that's not really true. Likely there is at least one source - if not a few - which would work with a person's chemistry. Now you could say, "I do not like this note" and that would be a truer statement in regards to artisan fragrance...but then again, depending on the source and how it's blended, you might find yourself liking something you never thought you would.

That's true. I hate anise, but I actually liked white licorice & there was another anise scent I liked as well.

My (male) boss paused in my office doorway today, got a slightly stunned look on his face, and then stammered "It...it....it smells GOOD in here!" I was wearing "Lucky in Love Potion #7", and I probably should admit to the "Cougar" I spritzed on before it. :10_small16:

To all of you that this isn't working on your skin: I am sad for you but that means more for me!!!