First Time Application tips for Phero's

Raq On

I've searched most of the threads and while I have most of my questions answered, I can't find a definitive consensus on WHERE to apply.

1. SO the LP scents can go in the hair, but keep EOW out of hair and clothes.

2. Also I read that some of you apply certain scents one place and certain scents in another, even when worn at the same time...( see #4)

2. Dry down: Is this necessary if you buy EOW that comes in a premixed scent, like compromising posititons?

3. If you can't smell yourself, does that mean it's time to re-apply?

4. Layering, I read that some layer a LP over a phero enhanced scent eg; layering LP Red over BAM How on earth do you decide what to layer? Do you have to stay in the same scent famlily (like wear all food scents, or all green scents) Could I wear Cougar Postion with Sexology for example? Or do you layer them over the top of each other?

Thanks everyone... my very first shipment gets here any day now...

Edited by Raq On

In regards to number three: no. Mara noted that you often stop smelling yourself way before other people do, so you can't use your own nose as a gauge in regards to the natural decay rate of a fragrance.

4. Layering, I read that some layer a LP over a phero enhanced scent eg; layering LP Red over BAM How on earth do you decide what to layer? Do you have to stay in the same scent famlily (like wear all food scents, or all green scents) Could I wear Cougar Postion with Sexology for example? Or do you layer them over the top of each other?

Thanks everyone... my very first shipment gets here any day now...

I guess this is very much up to you. I usually with the same family e.g. honey scents with LAM/BAM Vanilla & Honey of OCCO White, flora/fruity scents with LAM/BAM Rose & Orchids or OCCO Green. Sometimes you can get a fantastic combo when your creative juices flows.

I believe Mara (and most ladies) will use a single phero blend and cops is not a phero, strictly speaking. Of course, I have broken the rules by using LAM and BAM together, etc.

I don't use pheros often but when I do, I usually apply pheros before my cover scent. I will wait for 10 mins or so if the pheros has cops (such as BI). Otherwise, I'll apply the cover scent almost immediately, gently rub them together and put on my clothes as the mixture is drying and that's like within 1 minute upon application.

I have been playing around with UN pheros these two weeks so I apply it when I get into the office. So far, I have not applied any pheros with cops. Although I should try to test how stinky it can become on my skin.

Hope this helps!

Could I wear Cougar Postion with Sexology for example?

I wouldn't for two reasons:

-1- The phero blends would cancel each other out.

-2- The fragrances are too different to really work together (Cougar is bright and Sexology is dirty).

Deciding what to layer is a constant state of experimentation. It has to do with learning to appreciate the elements of a fragrance and then how different elements can compliment one another when combined. The Layerable Collection - which used to be one of the lines - was a nice introduction to the concept, concentrating on single notes/simple accords which could then be combined or worn alone. With the fragrances, which are much more complex, it's not necessarily as obvious in regards to what would go with what, but that's part of what makes some of us perfume geeks, we're always thinking about things like that.

In regards to number three: no. Mara noted that you often stop smelling yourself way before other people do, so you can't use your own nose as a gauge in regards to the natural decay rate of a fragrance.

Dang! I don't have the best nose...

cops is not a phero, strictly speaking. Of course, I have broken the rules by using LAM and BAM together, etc.

Oh I didn't know that. So what is a phero? I get what a copulin does, but what's the Phero function?

*sigh* I didn't know scents could cancel each other out. I'm a bit nervous b/c as I said, my nose isn't the best. I laughed when you talked about detecting notes in a fragrance. The reason I ditched the perfume counter at the mall and came here is because I believe I simply exaspterated the sales clerk. When she would ask if I could smell certain notes, I politely shook my head no, but was thinking, "Lady, this stuff all smells like Windex."

I think your nose will become more educated if you take time to smell all your sniffees/samples/LPs. My kids & used to just go through & have sniffee parties. I can also taste the subtleties in wine better as well now. Personally when I layer unscented pheromones I like to give a 10 minute dry down time for regular blends, and 15 minute for cops/copulin heavy/stankier blends. Then layer over my cover scent. I hope this helps.

I politely shook my head no, but was thinking, "Lady, this stuff all smells like Windex."

That's because it's all alcohol-based. Oil-based artisan fragrance is much easier to appreciate.

Good to know. Where do you like to put your scents that have cops already in them?

Your torso, at the back of your neck (close to the hairline), on your neck (from below your ears), around your neck, across your chest, under your breasts, back of your hands, wrists, back of your knees, inner thighs leading to the sweet spot, underarm, close to your armpits ..... plenty of choices. Just don't OD!

Okay, I just got samples in the mail! Right off the bat, the LP RED and black smell AMAZING I also liked cuddle bunny very much. I usually go for spicy scents but CB is a clean light scent.

So since kids are away tonight :party: I sat there going, "which ones? which ones?" So I tried Phero girl on inner arms, and wrist and sexology 2 on neck and cleavge. Hope it was okay to try two.

Right away the phero girl smelled AMAZING to me. It's been 20 minutes and my heart is just pounding (maybe psychological) There is something in the Phero Girl that is just GETTING to me.

Oh yeah, my sample of Cougar spilled all over the table ( I felt like the idiot who takes a bong hit then coughs smoke all over everyone at the party) so I dabbed a smidge of that on the back of my knees before wiping it up. So I'll have to order more of that :-( what a dummy!

I'll keep you all posted

Okay double fail. I may have applied too much? (remember, my nose is not the best) I thought I was CAREFUL and only touched the little plastic applicator from the sample vial to my skin. Didn't actually use drops. It does smell a bit strong (it's been about an hour) but I like the smell (A LOT-maybe too much heh heh) Husband just walked by my desk and said, Are you wearing perfume? I said, Yeah I tried out a new scent, is it bad? No, he says, just strong.

If it continues, I will go take a shower :party: The good news is that I am really digging this.....but what if he won't come near me?

Pherogirl is loaded with cops so maybe that's what was getting to you. Unless you are allergic to bee pollen?

You'll also find that sometime and somehow during your lifetime encounter with LP scents, you will have scents spilled all over, such as the table, the carpet, your bag, etc and feel absolutely silly. Don't! I have spilled quite a number of samples and toppled over bottles (with the roller ball off)! Welcome to the club!

wait- will Phero girl cancel out Sexology?

No, Phero Girl is cops-only so it's just more cops in addition to what is already in Sexology. If you're wearing more than one scent at a time, though, then I can see why he said that.

Pherogirl is loaded with cops so maybe that's what was getting to you. Unless you are allergic to bee pollen?

You'll also find that sometime and somehow during your lifetime encounter with LP scents, you will have scents spilled all over, such as the table, the carpet, your bag, etc and feel absolutely silly. Don't! I have spilled quite a number of samples and toppled over bottles (with the roller ball off)! Welcome to the club!

Thanks now I don't feel (as) stupid. Just took a hot bath and more wine....I don't think it's an allergy. I LOVE the smell of phero grill. but thanks JOC. THAT was the smell that was so heavenly Bee Pollen (or Honey??) We used to keep bees and the scent of their honey combs was just like that. Not honey exactly, but sweet.

Thanks now I don't feel (as) stupid. Just took a hot bath and more wine....I don't think it's an allergy. I LOVE the smell of phero grill. but thanks JOC. THAT was the smell that was so heavenly Bee Pollen (or Honey??) We used to keep bees and the scent of their honey combs was just like that. Not honey exactly, but sweet.

Phero Girl ~ A dizzying mixture of 5 different Honey and Honeycomb varieties, real organic Bee Pollen, Amber, Resins, and Essence of a Woman?100% Pure Copulins from Stone Independent Research.

I love PG.

Dizzying is right. Anyone else get self effects from Phero girl?

I noticed that I feel frisk when I up the amount of cops. How much, I don't know yet so I have to observe more closely.

Dizzying is right. Anyone else get self effects from Phero girl?

Absolutely; I'm sure if you read the thread for that scent in the phero fragrance review subforum you will see others who have the same reaction.

Edited by luna65

Some women get frisky when they wear cops, some don't......I just feel totally sexy when I wear them.

Don't get discouraged if your man doesn't respond right away.....sometimes it takes a little while.....you may need to use more.....or less, depending on your personal chemistry and his.....takes some trial and error......

Okay double fail. I may have applied too much? (remember, my nose is not the best) I thought I was CAREFUL and only touched the little plastic applicator from the sample vial to my skin. Didn't actually use drops. It does smell a bit strong (it's been about an hour) but I like the smell (A LOT-maybe too much heh heh) Husband just walked by my desk and said, Are you wearing perfume? I said, Yeah I tried out a new scent, is it bad? No, he says, just strong.

If it continues, I will go take a shower :wub: The good news is that I am really digging this.....but what if he won't come near me?

Didn't you say you'd spilled one of your samples? That was probably part of the "strong" perfume your husband smelled when he came in.

I doubt you have overdone it. Really, I wear tons of perfume (LP only) and I never offend anyone (I ask). The scents hang close to the body.

My guy has a very good nose. Even after awhile the sexology 2 became cloying to me. I don't do well with musk. If it's in a scent that's all I can smell after awhile. Must check samples to make sure others don't have it. I think Detective and Dame does .

Otherwise, the Phero girl was/is just yummy

I tried cuddle bunny today (enhanced) and I really like this scent as well. I only just touched the applicator to wrists and inner arms. That was 5 hrs ago and I can still smell it-but in a good, subtle way.

Which brings me to my next thought: If I can only use a hint of scent (husband can smell scents a mile away and generally doesn't like strong perfumes) does that mean I only have a hint of the cops too?

When it comes time to add the pheros to my own scent (once I decide on a fave, and find out which ones work) is it possible to maybe not add as strong of a cover scent to the mix? That way you can have the full strenghth phero with a lighter scent? But maybe that would defeat the purpose of a cover scent. I hope I am asking this the right way. I'd prefer to leave the mixing to the pros, but the scents are quite strong to me.

The LAM!/BAM! mixes have a lighter cover scent, so I would say try one of those to see how your husband prefers that to a full-strength perfume. You can smell the cops but after about 20 minutes it's not so pungent.

Oh Okay, thanks, Luna! Is the fragrance strong in the OCCO then? The sampler was going to be on next order.

Of the BAM and LAM, BAM has EOW as first ingredient. Does it have a higher concentration of EOW?

Oh Okay, thanks, Luna! Is the fragrance strong in the OCCO then? The sampler was going to be on next order.

Of the BAM and LAM, BAM has EOW as first ingredient. Does it have a higher concentration of EOW?

OCCO scents are VERY strong. LAM/BAM are a good bet if your husband doesn't like strong perfumes. Yes, if I remember correctly, BAM has more cops than LAM.

Good to know. At this early stage I am thinking EOW is the way to go (especially after that phero girl experience!)

So, typical me, more more more! haha. Really though I am just trying to hone in a bit closer so I don't oder a bunch of stuff that ends up being too strong, but still want strong copulins. Which reminds me Dolly, Do you apply your scents heavily to get the max benefits of the cops or do they come through just as strong if you just wear a bit of scent?

BTW: What's DPG? It's listed in the ingredients.( I may have asked that on another thread... can't remember)

Edited by Raq On

Good to know. At this early stage I am thinking EOW is the way to go (especially after that phero girl experience!)

So, typical me, more more more! haha. Really though I am just trying to hone in a bit closer so I don't oder a bunch of stuff that ends up being too strong, but still want strong copulins. Which reminds me Dolly, Do you apply your scents heavily to get the max benefits of the cops or do they come through just as strong if you just wear a bit of scent?

BTW: What's DPG? It's listed in the ingredients.( I may have asked that on another thread... can't remember)

I have worn stuff unscented without a cover scent, for testing purposes, and still gotten effects.....the purpose of the scent is mostly to make people want to get closer to get a sniff.....BUT copulins need to be covered, or you will get people looking at you like this..... :surprised:

LAM/BAM are VERY effective, even though lightly scented. They have a good dose of cops, and the cover scents are JUST ENOUGH to do the job......

I would suggest NOT going with straight EoW right off the bat! It is a bit more difficult to get the hang of, it is stinky, and sometimes covering can be a challenge. You could end up running more people off than you attract. If your man is sensitive to scent, you especially won't want to go there yet. TRUST ME! Get some of the copulin blends.....more PheroGirl, LAM/BAM, or OCCO. It sounds like the lighter scented ones would probably be the better ones for your situation though.

DPG is the oil base used for some of the pheros......

Edited by Dolly

I would suggest NOT going with straight EoW right off the bat!

Oh no way! I was just rambling my thoughts... since it seems that I can only wear a bit of each scent, I was thinking that the copulins wouldn't come through strong enough

BTW: So far. tried LP red, Detective and Dame, and Sparkle Fuschia DD is too linen like, sort of sophisticated, or more of a "perfume" scent...if that makes sense. Not really for me. Smells nice though.

LP Red is niiice. My nose is so one dimensional, but I smell vanilla for sure and maybe a dark sugar (or could be the Amber or resins, don't know what they smell like)

Sparkle Fuschia is also very nice. Not as syrupy smelling, more of a brighter sweet smell. Like this one too.

Phero girl is still #1, with Cuddle Bunny #2.

So far, all the scents are very high quality. Even the ones I don't care for still smell good. I am having a ball playing around!

Oh no way! I was just rambling my thoughts... since it seems that I can only wear a bit of each scent, I was thinking that the copulins wouldn't come through strong enough

You be addicted just like the rest of us soon enough!

Re: cops......the LAM and BAM have a good dose of cops, and aren't heavy smelling perfumes.....my faves are the vanilla & honey, sandalwood and resins, and spicy brown sugar. All are yummy and get results! That way, you'll be able to wear a good bit without knocking him over with perfume.....

Thank you Potion Master. BAM it is!!

Tried Rocket Fuel on one inner elbow and Comp. Positons in the other. Just one touch of the sample applicator. Both are fab! Maybe Rocket fuel smells a bit better on me.

Incidentally, What does Amber smell like? I am trying to identify one of the elements I am smelling in the LP's and in Garland and Lace (everyone said G and L smelled too foody on me :-( they liked the sparkle Fuschia though. Could it be the alcohol component and how it diffuses the scent?

Amber is just not one thing, though. It's a resin but since a lot of times it's not straight-sourced the analog may have different qualities. Normally it adds depth and smoothness to a scent, it's one of those components which can lend different qualities depending on what kind is used. Normally when I compose the descriptions based on Mara's notes I try to characterize what certain notes add specifically to the mix, because amber and musk, for example, usually vary depending on the fragrance itself.