First Time Application tips for Phero's

Raq On

Amber is just not one thing, though. It's a resin but since a lot of times it's not straight-sourced the analog may have different qualities. Normally it adds depth and smoothness to a scent, it's one of those components which can lend different qualities depending on what kind is used. Normally when I compose the descriptions based on Mara's notes I try to characterize what certain notes add specifically to the mix, because amber and musk, for example, usually vary depending on the fragrance itself.

Ah, amber.....my friend Luna is 100% correct! I am a die-hard amber lover.....and amber can be sooooo many things and sooooo many varieties! I love me some amber!

Absolutely; I'm sure if you read the thread for that scent in the phero fragrance review subforum you will see others who have the same reaction.

I have been reading many old threads on the topics I am curious about, but sometimes I don't read every single page. I'm trying not to be lazy and just post questions as they enter my head. But sometimes I can't find what I am looking for or I am looking in the wrong sub forum.

Is there a search funtion here for threads?

OCCO scents are VERY strong. LAM/BAM are a good bet if your husband doesn't like strong perfumes. Yes, if I remember correctly, BAM has more cops than LAM.

I am now so tempted to try OCCO instead of BAM. It seems some scents fade on me after an hour but the strong ones are REALLY strong on me.. so hard to decide

Do those of you who wear EOW find any dif in responses with OCCO vs. BAM with the added B-nol? Just wondering if the straight EOW in the OCCO would be a more effective gague to determine husband's reaction to EOW in general....

I do have Phero Girl (sample) which is EOW alone, so maybe the BAM to see what the added B-nol would do? (assuming Phero girl and occo have the same amt. of EOW)

What would you do?

Edited by Raq On

It's best to test one component at a time. A mix is a blending of components to "steer" a particular reaction. EoW (copulins) has the effect of raising a man's testoterone level and therefore provoking a sexual response. BAM! is meant to foster a more gentle response due to the steering influence of the b-nol. If you want to know if EoW works on him, use OCCO. Then consider permutations of that effect with other blends. For example, OCCO provokes extreme arousal in my Quince, but I prefer using BAM! around him because it's more congruent with his personality and enhances his mood. LAM! does not really serve its purpose except in the high dosage contained in The Captivation Equation (which is sold out).

Phero Girl has a good dose of EoW but I don't know if it's as much as OCCO.

Edited by luna65

This helps me narrow it down more. Thank you Luna. That way if I try OCCO and like results, then I can try the BAM and/LAM (can't remember off hand but think the BAM had EOW) since they are mixed w/ other pheros and see if there is a different/better/ or whatever response from husband.

From the descriptions it looks like OCCO has the most of the EOW out of the 3 (Lam, Bam, Occo)

Edited by Raq On

Enjoy your OCCOs, Raq On! I find that I reach out to my bottles of OCCO White and Red more often then my LAMs or BAMs. In fact, besides my LAM & BAM Vanilla, I have not even tested the rest of the 8 bottles!

• 10 months later...

Wow...now I know all about applying phero's on women...don't get me wrong, I love women, each and every one of you (too bad English only has one word for love...the Greeks have about 9 or so, and it is so much better to describe the love between friends, family, pets, eros, etc.). But I don't see much about the application of pheros on men. Help me out here...I know that a lot overlaps (except the cops, of course), but how much is usually the right amount? I have a horrible nose, right now, when it comes to deciding if I have put too much or too little on. How much should I start with and all that?

Thanks, I know that many of you ladies enjoy instructing us base creatures known as men in the finer arts in life. :Emoticons04280:

Here's what I told my Quince to do (with a scent in a roller bottle):

-apply to the back of your neck with a "scribble" motion

-apply to your breastbone in the same fashion

-apply a dash to the backs of your hands.

For playtime I would also put some along his jawline and draw a circle around his navel. :666:

Thanks...I just don't know how much is too much sometimes, and I know it is a bit different from commercial colognes that I have used before...Au de Quinine was a past favorite (from another manufacturer), if nothing else for it's name...lol...those wore off way too quickly and I had to use more than I really liked to get a scent to last more than a few hours.

As I've noted, the other thing to remember is that even if you can't smell yourself after a while, it doesn't mean that other people can't still smell you.

Thanks...I just don't know how much is too much sometimes, and I know it is a bit different from commercial colognes that I have used before...Au de Quinine was a past favorite (from another manufacturer), if nothing else for it's name...lol...those wore off way too quickly and I had to use more than I really liked to get a scent to last more than a few hours.

Yeah, the oils here are quite a bit different from commercial colognes. You will find that, in general, they will last longer since they don't have alcohol. Now, some will disappear quickly, depending on your skin chemistry.....find a trusted friend, and ask if they can smell you, or if you're overpowering. That can be a guide.....

Hmmm...now where can I find a willing wench...I mean lady...to test out the scents that I try. Lol...the work ones are easy. It is the "play" ones that need an objective person. One of my best friends is a lady...I'm sure that she will be brutally honest with me. She always is.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Here's what I told my Quince to do (with a scent in a roller bottle):

-apply to the back of your neck with a "scribble" motion

-apply to your breastbone in the same fashion

-apply a dash to the backs of your hands.

For playtime I would also put some along his jawline and draw a circle around his navel. :666:

Thank you so much! I was wonering where the heck I should be applying Thirll of the chase and have been doing it all wrong, inside of wrists & sides of neck! I am going to use this method now!.

What to do with spray bottle applications, should it be similar as roller bottle or is it different application pattern?

Edited by spartan

Thank you so much! I was wonering where the heck I should be applying Thirll of the chase and have been doing it all wrong, inside of wrists & sides of neck! I am going to use this method now!.

What to do with spray bottle applications, should it be similar as roller bottle or is it different application pattern?

Spartan, welcome aboard here...ladies, please treat him gently, he's a good friend of mine. This is the perfect place to ask what works and what doesn't. Remember, though, that pheros are not just "cologne with a plus"...they have specific effects and wonders to the animal we call humans. Ask any and everything, here. As you know, I'm still very much a newbie here, but they are good teachers.

"Frat pack"? Well, fraternity brother, yes. He is a great guy and good friend and absolutely LOVES the colognes that Mara made for us. As did everyone...huge hit.

"Frat pack"? Well, fraternity brother, yes. He is a great guy and good friend and absolutely LOVES the colognes that Mara made for us. As did everyone...huge hit.

What Mark said is absolutely right, these colognes are great! I also did enjoy the label and the scent that was made for our Fraternity was amazing. I will forever be part of this community, one thing did come to mind in the creation of the Wolf Pack scent, how can we make a Spartan scent!!! ooooooooooooooooooooooooh ideas! haha

Also still wondering how to apply spray cologne? Suggestions anyone?

2-3 sprays should do it! Bare chest, back of neck. The Wolf Pack scent had a strong dose of pheros, so I would try not to overdo that one. And yes, we can make a Spartan scent just for you - check the section called Private Editions: http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/store/Private_Editions.html

Thank you to MarkAM for doing such a great job of recruiting! :)

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering about application tips - i read somewhere on the forum that you should start slow to get those around you used to your new signature. .. have most of you experience that a slow ramp got you best results with close friends, family, significant others?

How slow do you start with significant others? My fiancé has yet to show any effects. ..

I didn't start off slowly with any of my pheros. I just jumped right in. (I was excited - still am!). After almost 3 years of using them now, I actually find that my BF responds to them *crazy* well when I switch them up. I don't really worry about spooking him with a new signature. Rather than spooking him, the constant changes seem to intrigue him & keep him on his toes! :lol:

That's just me though. Maybe the others have had different experiences?

Guest cutie.pie

LAM was the first phero I bought. I started slow with that one because I didn't know that much about pheros, but later, with every new phero I tried, I didn't start slow, it was 3-4 spray right away, every day :D

Thank you for sharing your experience. My fiancé is the type that falls asleep by 8pm, kind of low on testosterone, despite being only 28 and in excellent shape. So I assume all these factors may have something to do with the lack of response I get.

Last night we went out on a date, I got dolled up, I wore some of my Totem Bat with LFN and OCCO Ambrosia, and while we actually had a much more involved dinner conversation, and he kept telling me I looked pretty, once home he was dead asleep and it was only 10:30pm. :(

It's the second time around I tried pheros on a date (last time it was Exotica with Gotcha! and OCCO), and both times we ended up going to sleep right after we got home. Maybe it was the one glass of wine?

I should probably try wearing the phero and cops on a weekend in the morning, when I know he's ready for sex. :)

That's why I am wondering whether other have noticed a need for a ramp time with people close to them in terms of signature change. It might just be that I need to keep experimenting with my fiancé.

Phergineer, I sometimes get the best responses from my BF *without* cops, or in blends without a lot of cops. He responds bizarrely well, (and in an extremely sexual way) to things like Lace, Heart & Soul, Gotcha!, without any cops at all. Maybe try something without copulins, or with only a small amount?

The only cops blend with which I've had an almost perfectly consistent reaction from him is PheroGirl. I can literally barely get it on myself - he'll almost knock me over *while I'm putting it on*! In fact, once he almost knocked the bottle out of my hand while I was trying to put the lid back on! :lol:

The OCCOs and every other copulin product has been hit or miss with him, (so I wind up wearing them for me, because they make me feel like a rock star). I put down the hit-or-miss factor to my own hormonal shifting over the course of the month.

I'm not sure why PheroGirl is almost certainly a hit, while the OCCOs are not though. That has me stumped.

Anyway, maybe he's one of those dudes who just doesn't react to cops?

Or it *could* be that he's reacting to them/sensing them on you, but waiting/hoping for you to make a move?

It could also be that you need to adjust how much/how little of the phero you're wearing. You might be wearing either too much or not enough of your pheros.

Just food for thought. ;)

Good luck!

Thanks Eggers! I've tried a couple of sample vial swipes, all the way to slathering my abdomen and arms.. I guess I'll keep experimenting with dosage.

Phero Girl and LP Rouge with LFM are a no go - the times I tried them, he noticed them in a bad way, because the honey scent turns into smokey powder on my skin, so i can't wear it :(

I haven't worn Heart and Soul around him yet, but that's a good tip. I'll try that.