Lovers in the Clovers

luna65

AD-LovePotion-LoversClovers.jpg?v=7516fd

Lovers in the Clovers

Spring is in the air…and also in this adorably fresh and sunny peach-based scent. This is a peach which is barely blushing, very young and green, kissed with pale spring honey for a touch of sweet sensuality, then entwined with a flowery blue musk and touches of pink sugar and red clover. For an aura of delicious desire which is also demure and tentative, just like that very first hint of when love is in bloom…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
RED CLOVER ~ Protection, preservation of youth, fidelity. Healing, soothing, luck.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're a peach lover this would seem an obvious acquisition, but it is very much a fresh peach, not one which is softened or deepened with other elements. It's got a bright juicy quality with a touch of green unripe undertone. When it dries down it's very soft (but not fuzzy like Kittenish is) and sweet with the other notes; this is a Spring scent: light in regards to the weight and also the shade (sunny).

If you liked Shelly B's Spring Fling and/or Kittenish then this would be one to try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PEACH LOLLIPOP!!! Itz SO SWEET!!! Goodness.... This reminds me of my favourite peach jelly candy!!! :D:):) J

Needed a fragrance pick-me-up today, and reached for the sample... If I had to put another name to it, it might be Sunshine and Cuddles, or Cuddles in the Sun with Kittens... or, well you get the idea.

This is all sunlight and sweetness - in spirit and in composition. The peach is what I'd call a *sheer* peach - NOT the peach of Kittenish, it's less syrupy. Next in line is the clover flower -fuzzy and cute. There's a VERY gentle touch of honey (NOT the down-and-dirty variety...a much more innocent one) shining through in perfect harmony.

This is one I think would have some appeal to 'tweens and youngsters too!

Yes it's not a carmelized peach like Kittenish - it's definitely fresh and a bit green. But for me it's got sort of the same happy sweet vibe of the other.

I was really hoping to like this, especially because of the clover and pink sugar and blue musk. Sadly, sometimes when your skin amps sweet notes it can go overboard. Wet it's fresh and pretty but pretty soon morphs to a really cloying sugary peach on my skin. With peach scents there usually has to be something else in there that's either tart, buttery, or resinous to balance it or else my chemistry will do that. Ah well.

Edited by Invidiana

• 11 months later...

This definitely going on my newly formed Full Bottle List.

I was expecting this to be a bit more tart than it is, but I'm more than happy with how it smells on my skin. This is juicy, fresh, sweet, sexy, and long lasting. I've had it on for nearly 7 hours, and it's still going strong, though not at any point has it been overwhelming. I am in love with this fragrance.

• 2 months later...

Invidiana, I have precisely the opposite reaction to you to this. Wet and fresh this is too florally to me, reminds me of flowers that I recall getting allergies from - a nice smell, but the bad memories mean for me I don't enjoy it at all. But when it dries down, it is lovely. I really get the peach, and it is just fresh and light as everyone has said - nothing deep or rich. I'm not getting honey, flowers, or anything else, just peach goodness! At first smell in the bottle and when I put it on I thought I would be trading this one away, but now I think it may be a keeper. Dry down is just too nice.

ETA: Also wanted to mention I ADORE the label on this! I wish I could make it bigger and frame it and put it on my wall. The little puppy with the kittie's nose in his mouth... Oh I could die!! It is so not fair putting pictures like that on the bottle, I would probably buy it just for the label even if I hated the perfume!!

Edited by Synergist

• 9 months later...

This scent is so spring! It's light and fresh and a bit sweet. The peach is not a syrupy one. It smells like a fresh baby peach. It's followed by a light honey which almost smells powdery. Sweet enough and not cloying. Perfect for spring days outside!

• 2 months later...

Wow, just got an urge to swipe this on my wrist today..sort of a.. what the hell I'll just try it. This is a nice little surprising scent. I vaguely remember seeing this in the perfumerie, nothing other than the sweet label originally caught my eye. What a great thing these little sniffies are. Just smelling the bottle really does nothing for this scent. It does not even give you a clue of its true self until it lays on your skin. It's a green scent as the label and name would imply, but there is a brightness to it. Added by the addition of that tart, young, peach a sort of soft sunshiney lift. The peach does the job a citrus might normally occupy. It just blends in well with the green and musk. Its sheer'ish fresh green scent left me wanting a FB.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 months later...

I think Hoyden is much more green, I didn't really get any fruit impression from it at all, whereas Lovers is definitely a peach-centric scent.

• 1 year later...

Received a sniffy of this little gem. Forgot to review it last week. It stayed truly freshly peach for four hours. Could have sworn I was sitting in the cool grass, leaning against my dad's peach tree. Made me want some peaches in my granola.

• 2 months later...

Oh my gosh, a peach scent I can wear! I tested this one today, and I really like it. Very fresh, green, and peachy, but it doesn't turn plasticky on my skin like most peach scents. It's kind of musky, too. Very nice. It actually kind of reminds me of Lost Luggage, with that "green + produce" thing going on (produce as in cucumber--I think (could be the orange blossom, maybe?)--in the Lost Luggage, and peaches in Lovers in the Clovers).

Yep, very nice. I'd consider a FB if one ever came up in the trade threads, and I had the money.

I gave my daughter a spray bottle of this. She liked it. She tends to want her scents to be sweet so I added a little Pure Sugar and she loved it,

• 3 years later...

I know that most people think that this smells really youthful and girly. I swear though, for me it evokes peaches and peach fuzz and skin and peach-fuzz-skin, and it flips the "sexy" switch in my brain. That under-ripe green peach tinge comes off almost like a musk, and I just LOVE it. This is still one of my favourite LPs for summer wear. I'm just about to finish my first full bottle. Thank goodness I have a back-up! (Although I wouldn't be opposed to a rebrew... maybe Eggers in the Clovers? :lol: This is still such a fabulous scent and I'm SO GLAD that I have it to enjoy! Thank you! :D 

On 7/6/2018 at 5:08 PM, luna65 said:

I think you should definitely try Sareena when you get a chance.

Definitely. ?

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, luna65 said:

I think you should definitely try Sareena when you get a chance.

@Luna65 I ordered a sample of Sareena with my sale order. Thank you for the recommendation! It smells so similar, I feel like I need to buy ALL THE BOTTLES. :D  I am a happy little Eggers now! 

2 hours ago, luna65 said:

:lol:

At some point I can see you coming up with a tart peach PE - Eggers' Barely Ripe, or something like that.

Oooh! Now you're talking! I've never requested a PE before. Hmm... (insert a wiggly-eyebrowed smiley here! LOL!). 

I want this Eggers in the Clover/Don't Hug Eggers/ Tart Peach! I loved Sereena but need to make the Lace less Lace-like and more like Leather, and I'm already too busy over here....

• 7 months later...
On 8/22/2018 at 4:00 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I want this Eggers in the Clover/Don't Hug Eggers/ Tart Peach! I loved Sereena but need to make the Lace less Lace-like and more like Leather, and I'm already too busy over here....

This is really the only green peach scent I have ever liked on my skin.

I just stole a 2 spritzes (I declare that's a word in perfume land!) from my daughters bottle. I cant do pheros right now so Im am rediscovering some very pretty scents. I love the happy, peachy, greeny, spring scent. And that label..... ❤️

Edited by StacyK

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2018 at 3:38 PM, Eggers said:

I know that most people think that this smells really youthful and girly. I swear though, for me it evokes peaches and peach fuzz and skin and peach-fuzz-skin, and it flips the "sexy" switch in my brain. That under-ripe green peach tinge comes off almost like a musk, and I just LOVE it. This is still one of my favourite LPs for summer wear. I'm just about to finish my first full bottle. Thank goodness I have a back-up! (Although I wouldn't be opposed to a rebrew... maybe Eggers in the Clovers? :lol: This is still such a fabulous scent and I'm SO GLAD that I have it to enjoy! Thank you! :D 

This has aged very well.

I put this on today, as I am avoiding anything phero until by physiology settles down. 

I get a much more musky forward  fragrance. The peach is one of my favs ever. It's young and a bit green. But not tart or sour as some of the other green peach notes have played out on my skin. Or maybe its the way the other notes balance it out.

I think the red clover is more prominent to my nose now. To me it lends a warm hazy note to the musk that brings the Summer Dance musk to mind. With all this I stil get that firm peach, faint floral and green aspect with drips of that semi animalic honey here and there. Grr.

Definately a fragrance that makes me want to go outside a throw a ball for the dog and have some type of idealic picnic. Or if I can't get the outside time I can carry a bit of it on my skin.

What a lift. 

If a fragrance ever begged for OW & a dab of cops together, this is it. 

Edited by StacyK