The Smoking Bun

luna65

Smoking Bun

A whimsical delicious blend fit for the most discerning of rabbits (and their human friends): delightful marshmallow fluff and bittersweet chocolate are poured over buttery vanilla and thick buttercream topped with a drop of honey, then layered with rich sweet pipe tobacco and a whiff of aromatic woodsmoke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MARSHMALLOW ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
NUT ~ Intuition, wisdom, protection, fertility.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My fabulous story which accompanies this scent aside... :lol:

LOVE this, seriously! When Mara first described it to me I totally swooned. I love gourmand-anything with tobacco (and many of my favorite fragrances will bear out that observation) but what this reminds me of is something unexpected (and unintentioned, I know, it's just one of those moments of fragrance serendipidity).

In the vial I get all the yummy sweet notes which are so mouthwatering, but almost as soon as I apply it turns dark and sexy and...reminds me almost exactly of Cremoso's Sin. Those of you who have been in artisan fragrance fandom as long as I have may remember that etailer, it was the daughter of the lady who ran Cobalt Blends. Anyway, years ago I bought a few of her fragrances and fell in love with Sin: really boozy dark evil smoky chocolate and vanilla with other elements and occasionally I could even get Q to wear it provided I gave good incentive, lol.

Anyway, in the drydown this is primarily the pipe tobacco and woodsmoke, so I think the guys should try it even if the sweet stage gives them pause. And some people may only get the sweetness and nothing else. But I get exactly what I want...naughty sexy bunny. *purr*

I wore this the last two days,I get yummy sweet smoke,with a hint of chocolate moving in and out...This could easily become addictive :blushing:

Edited by Calii

I am having trouble describing what this does on my skin...but I LOVE it. I'm definitely drying down to the sweet side of it!! I may try this all over for the day, to get a better idea of exactly what's happening. In any case, a full bottle will be mine!!

No brainer. Sugared tobacco? Marshmallowy creamy goodness? I'm all over it. Drysdown almost chewy and yummy, but the faintest hint of smoke keeps it from being cloying. Love.

Chocolate and tobacco.

That was the "midsection" of the scent for me and I just LOVE it, but I'm weird that way.

:wink2:

This was the one I was dreading, 'cause chocolate & I don't get along. But when I put it on, the chocolate becomes a slightly dirty backup singer and the tobacco & sweet smoke come out and turn this into a stunner! Up close it smells funky, but the throw is OMG sexy!! It smells unisex, or maybe a dark strong feminine. Very nice :-)

I definitely think it could be unisex - although a lot of guys are afraid to wear gourmand blends (and they shouldn't be!) - because the sweet elements might not last so long.

This one easily brings to mind something Vosges could easily produce for my eating pleasure. There are mounds of that luscious marshmallow note that Mara does so well, made even more tempting with thick vanilla buttercream and that hint of honey, plus a smoky dark chocolate that becomes easily addictive. The more it dries down, the more the smoke comes out to play and makes this really unique as well as delicious. I really do wish Vosges made something like this.

Yes, Invidiana is right. This NEEDS to be something I CAN EAT!!

Omg, I'm going to NOM my ARM! The slight smokiness lends this delicious almost bitter chocolate feel to it, sweetened by the honey. ohhhh...yum.

Dude, this SO needs to be paired with something vanilla/creamy like AVV, or Beth's Blushing Milkmaid for that extra EOW punch!

Edited by katz

I love this. I don't get a lot of chocolate, just a smoky sweetness that is hard to describe. It fades quickly on me though so I'll need another bottle since this requires liberal slathering.

Chemistry variations still crack me up.. ALL i am getting wet is a melting gooey MILK chocolate , not dark - maybe that's the marshmallow fooling me - with the hint that some smoke is gonna be coming through. I bet this would cover EoW like nobody's business.

I think fans of Pithivier and Dream Lover will like this and vice versa, although each has its own distinct personality. They all three start out with a yummy chocolate front man, supported by their respective backup singers: marshmallow for Bun, violet for Pithivier, and orange/cotton for DL. Vedy nice.

• 1 year later...

This is such a shame. I get no honey or chocolate or vanilla or marshmallow. Just smoke and a slightly bitter smell :( And then after about twenty minutes it is all gone but something that vaguely reminds me of coffee...

Edited by Synergist

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I haven't been back in here shrieking in ecstasy since my one half-assed previous review. This has long been an all time favorite, especially for bedtime. I have just done an especially excessive slather and I am about to throw a massive tantrum because it smells so fantastic I don't know what else to do with myself. It has aged GORGEOUSLY. It is THICK, GLOPPY, marshmallow, you know when you have half-melted it over a fire? Laced with 88% cacao chocolate. With a hint of sweeeet tobacco that is almost doing that chewy-amber thing on me now.

Edited by tyvey

• 5 months later...

I just got this in a trade and I'm REALLY happy I did.

For one thing, I love Beatrix Potter artwork so this appealed to me because of that.

Initially, wet, it reminds me of Odalisque a LOT, which is awesome because that's my favorite perfume here so far. It does have a bit of an adult beverage element to it, like a chocolate martini--there's alcohol smell there, but it's the good kind. As it's drying, I'm getting a bit of cinnamon, which might be the smoke or tobacco because it has a bit of a "dusty" feel in my nose. Not unwelcome, I just know cinnamon isn't in it, so it's a personal chemistry/nose thing I guess. It's drying out a bit more than I'd like-- I really loved that "wet" chocolate smell, but I'm going to keep playing with it. I have no doubt that this will be an easy slather one when I'm running out the door and can't decide. I guess the image (at the moment) of this is a little bit like a slightly stale-air library of a gentleman (or gentlewoman) who likes their books and their pipe and has lived in and loved this separate space, and probably has a few generations behind them of ancestors who whiled away their evening hours in that same library in front of the fire with a good book.

Edited to add: This lasted a long while and morphed eventually into a dominant but soft marshmallow/jet puff with some dusting of cocoa powder, and then later on (several hours later on) it morphed into a sweet tobacco. Very nice! I think I'll start collecting sweet tobacco perfumes if this one is a good indication of what I'd get.

AD-SmokingBun-sm-LovePotion.jpg

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MARSHMALLOW ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.

BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

NUT ~ Intuition, wisdom, protection, fertility.

TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.

SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

Edited by MissHazel

• 3 weeks later...

SO Many LUSCIOUS fragrances, but The Smoking Bun is my TOTAL favcorite so far... Going to see about getting it with Gotcha!!! Sweet tobacco is insanely good with sweet & honey flavors, er, scents :Emoticons04235: I could eat my arm!!

• 6 months later...

Well, first off, I adore this label! I have a thing for bunnies and this little smoking bun is quite dapper. Lol!

This scent could easily be unisex. I get a dark chocolate with tobacco. It's a sweet tobacco though, and a dry down that almost smells chewy. I don't get much marshmallow. If its there, it definitely is more if the toasted type of marshmallow. This would probably layer amazing with BBM!

This sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to try it - my nickname for my SO is "bunny" so it's almost required. ;)

So funny- I always call my BF Bunny. It's been his nickname from me forever! Lol!

This is a HUGE win! I forgot there was a chocolate note and on me it smells like pudding chocolate! Well, TO me at least. Hubby said it smells like fake chocolate to him...does that mean it smells like chocolate but fake because it isn't real or that it smells like tootsie roll - or like I think - chocolate pudding? Hmm, I'll have to see what else I can get out of him later because that phase is more subtle now.

I am head over heels for this - I totally get the tobacco and smoke. This combo = divine, to me. Now it's this semi-sweet, creamy, tobacco leaf with smoke, not burnt tobacco at all....Gosh! How to describe? I've been huffing myself since application :in-love: It keeps wafting up from my blouse and it makes me ridiculously happy.

Ok. I get that we women have accessorized with fragrance since discovering creams and candies as children, lol, but I had no idea that "as a grown up", fragrance would still illicit such a child-like joy from me. Yes - I get that we could be "happy" with a fragrance but nothing commercial I ever tried evoked a sense of JOY. Am I the only sap on this site who gets emotional over Mara's creations? I don't think I'd believe if you told me I was...I'd just think that if one hasn't gotten you yet...then it's only because you haven't yet found it! :heart0974:

Back to "the Bun" lol, this one IS delicious and yummy AND SHMEXY. LUUUUURV! It starts out sweet and then settles down to this sexy, gorgeous smoky, warm, sweet tobacco fantasy. YUM!

Am I the only sap on this site who gets emotional over Mara's creations? I don't think I'd believe if you told me I was...I'd just think that if one hasn't gotten you yet...then it's only because you haven't yet found it! :heart0974:

Uh no, I'm pretty sure we all do that. ;)

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

oh..Oh..OH! What's not to love? Just roll me over and rub my belly. Purrrrrrrrr

Exactly! I've only had a trial of this. The first time I tried it I was vey surprised. So smooth and sensual. A little foody and a tad sexy. Very :purr: -worthy.

I didn't think I'd like it for some reason a couple of years ago when it was still available. It's very yummy.