TYVEY'S PURPLE CUPCAKE

tyvey

Mara warned that the natural camphor edge of lavender is apparent when just sniffing the bottle, but I did not find that at all - if anything I smell MORE sweetness (sugar + maple) in the bottle than on my skin! but it's only been about 10 minutes. On skin, the lavender is silky smooth and reminds me most of With Every Breath, and even though this is *NOT* candy-sweet, something about the kind of sweetness is making my mouth water which has only happened with one or two other LPs that I recall. OM NOM. Mara what kind of sugar did you end up using in here? xoxo

Mara warned that the natural camphor edge of lavender is apparent when just sniffing the bottle, but I did not find that at all - if anything I smell MORE sweetness (sugar + maple) in the bottle than on my skin! but it's only been about 10 minutes. On skin, the lavender is silky smooth and reminds me most of With Every Breath, and even though this is *NOT* candy-sweet, something about the kind of sweetness is making my mouth water which has only happened with one or two other LPs that I recall. OM NOM. Mara what kind of sugar did you end up using in here? xoxo

Oh goody! I'm glad you like it.

I used maple sugar and sugar cane mixed together. And I wore this the other day....TWELVE hours later, I could still smell the maple sugar on my arm. NOMMYUM!

The maple is way coming out for me now too, blending beautifully with the lavender. I want to cover my body with this and then go spin around on a hilltop like the beginning of Sound of Music.

On skin, the lavender is silky smooth and reminds me most of With Every Breath, and even though this is *NOT* candy-sweet, something about the kind of sweetness is making my mouth water which has only happened with one or two other LPs that I recall.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! REALLY??? What's the difference in comparison to With Every breath then?? Less powdery?? Sweeter?? Please let me know!! I might order a bottle! :blink:

less powdery, less sweet (at least on me, so far; note above that the sugar stayed with Mara a long time). WEB has a quiet riot of floral going on; this one's just lavender.

Is the lavender as strong as Upstairs Downstairs? Coz something in Upstairs and Downstairs give me a reli bad headache everytime i wear it! :S

Aw, sorry haven't tried that one - getting a sample in my next order...at least on me, wet, the lavender was clearly the primary note. I know what you mean about lavender giving you a headache - I've got some pure EO and if I get too close to it for too long I get that headache. I don't with this.

Edited by tyvey

Tyvey, I have ordered one of your 'Purple Cupcakes' and looking forward to trying this. Your review sounds very promising! If this scent is close to 'With Every Breath', then I will definitely like it a lot, as WEB is still one of my favourites.

I have 'Upstairs Downstairs' as massage oil which leaves the skin super soft with a veil of tender lavender.

YAY!!! I got Tyvey's Purple Cupcake and I LOVE IT!!!

This is the first LP I have ever bought unsniffed and since I am so bad at telling what I will like from a description I felt very brave doing so! I am not disappointed!! I do smell more of the lavender right from the bottle but not in a piercing way, very mellow. On my skin it is mostly yummy maple but I usually don't really know what I am smelling in these so perhaps someone else could pick up more lavender. There is definitely that dusty presence in the background that I pick up in Occo Blue and Smoking Bun (but not NEARLY as sweet) that I think is maple? I don't know ,comfortingly dusty is all I can say to describe that part.

I opened my box at my ex's and he loves to decipher the scents with me so he closed his eyes and took a big inhale and said "LOVE it." I asked if he thought it was a day or evening scent and he said "Breakfast." :blink:

To me it smells very sensual so I think of it for evening.

Good concept Tyvey and good blending Mara!!! Thank you for expanding my scent collection!! :abfx:

YAAAAAAY I'm so glad you like it !!! and it sounds as though he picked up on the maple -> syrup -> breakfast :abfx: I love how close and inviting it wears...it kinda purrs, right?

YAAAAAAY I'm so glad you like it !!! and it sounds as though he picked up on the maple -> syrup -> breakfast :001_302: I love how close and inviting it wears...it kinda purrs, right?

Yeah, he is really into IHOP. Come to think of it I probably shouldn't wear it around him. I don't want to be a maple tease!!

And purrs...is right!! I love that it smells like nothing else I have!! Love the uniqueness!!

• 2 weeks later...

Lavender and maple? Oh yes. This is very unique and also very delicious. I get lots of sticky maple syrup infused with lavender sitting attop clouds of frosting and buttery yellow cake. My mother said it smelled like tobacco, but don't take her word for it because she thinks about 75% of my perfumes smell like tobacco and almost never wears any herself. :lol:

Lavender and maple? Oh yes. This is very unique and also very delicious. I get lots of sticky maple syrup infused with lavender sitting attop clouds of frosting and buttery yellow cake. My mother said it smelled like tobacco, but don't take her word for it because she thinks about 75% of my perfumes smell like tobacco and almost never wears any herself. :party:

Yes, your description is right on. But...tobacco? I do get a sort of dusty smell in the background that she might be picking up and trying to describe...not sure what it is but I absolutely adore it. I love when my PJ's smell like it the next morning.

• 2 months later...

This is such a comfy scent for me. It's perfect and soft. Maple sometimes gets Le Funk on me- but this combined with the other ingredients makes it very beautiful and not loud.

It's like purple Angel Food Cake. It's perfectly balanced- not to sweet but not too strong.

At first sniff it didn't smell like anything at all, but then it magically transformed itself into a delicious treat. It's light like cool whip. Cool whip with sugared lavander and maple.

Lady V, do you have cupcake Royale where you live? If I remember, you're in Cal right? There was an AWESOME cupcake shop in San Fran we visited a couple years ago. It was right in Ghiardelli square and they have to die for coconunt cupcakes. I ate about 4 or 5 then had to race back to the hotel and lie down....

But the next day I was back for a dozen to take home on the plane.

Lady V, do you have cupcake Royale where you live? If I remember, you're in Cal right? There was an AWESOME cupcake shop in San Fran we visited a couple years ago. It was right in Ghiardelli square and they have to die for coconunt cupcakes. I ate about 4 or 5 then had to race back to the hotel and lie down....

But the next day I was back for a dozen to take home on the plane.

We have Sprinkles and some misc cucpcake places. There's this glorious bakey called Suzi's Cakes in Calabassas about 15 mins from my work and we make cupcake runs. Yesterday I had the coconut vanilla cupcake!!! YUM . There's also one in Glendale called Crumbs down at that fancy schmancy mall the Americana. They have a good Peanut Butter Elvis type cupcake

Other than those two I have yet to find a yummy one out here in the Val.

Oh there is that great cafe- Aroma in Tujunga- they have great baked goods.

http://susiecakesbakery.com/

Here are some Fairy games through BigFish

http://www.enchanted-designs.com/pages/fairygames.htm

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

I have this on right now, put on maybe 6 hours ago. It's chilled to the flowery side of Lavender, at least the flowery-side, for me. I find I do flowers less and less these days and mostly stick to gourmands. When I first put it on, it was a lovely burst of maple. Like so maple-y, my man asked me if I was wearing Maple Sugared Bacon. Nope. But now I think I might combine them sometime soon.