New Releases for APRIL 2011

Iam totally opposite, iam all about the florals, aquatics, resins and wood notes

So ill probably be eyeing big bottles of "Sang Real", "Tiare Tiara", "Flowers In the Moat", and "Pomander Royale".

Teehee! Actually I'm planning to get a sample of Tiare Tiara because tiare is one of my favorite flowers ever but I'm not sure about the peppermint.

When I saw Sang Real I was like, The Da Vinci Code has a perfume! I finally got around to reading it a couple weeks ago. For those who don't know Sangreal is often used to refer to the Holy Grail for obvious reasons.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teehee! Actually I'm planning to get a sample of Tiare Tiara because tiare is one of my favorite flowers ever but I'm not sure about the peppermint.

When I saw Sang Real I was like, The Da Vinci Code has a perfume! I finally got around to reading it a couple weeks ago. For those who don't know Sangreal is often used to refer to the Holy Grail for obvious reasons.

The peppermint note is subliminal really, it's not prominent.

Yup! Sangreal means Holy Grail, while Sang Real as two words means royal blood. The picture I used on the label is an Arthur Rackham illustration from the Grail Quest stories of King Arthur....she's supposed to be holding the Holy Grail. I love it when people "get it." ;)

I NEED Sang Real. (Anyone ever read Holy Blood, Holy Grail?) And OMG Flowers in the Moat. And Tiare Tiara and Night at the Round Table. And Rose of Shrewsbury and Alabaster Queen and Oleander the Great and Lionheart and...I've almost named all of them, haven't I. This is a really inspired set of perfumes!!! Have I mentioned that my paternal family hails from 'round the Salisbury Plain? Heh. ~~ "No, we're NOT gonna do bloody Stonehenge!!!" ~~ Maternal from France & England. ManThing is related to Henry VIII's wife Jane Seymour and also somehow related to Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand of Spain. Weird, huh? Me, I'd consider emigrating to Genovia. ;)

(Anyone ever read Holy Blood, Holy Grail?)

In high school, mind you. Catholic high school. That didn't go over too well, you can imagine. A friend of mine is a Grail scholar...did y'all know Pinocchio is a grail quest story? It's rather more obvious in A.I., I suppose.

Yeah...I don't know if I can find his essay about it now, but primarily it's the claiming of innocence by experience - which is typical of every grail quest - and the re/union of male and female (Pinocchio seeks the Blue Fairy), the movement from patriarchial to matriarchial, and the transformative effects of wisdom and love - as love is the true motivational impulse in grail quests.

There's a lot of other social allegory in the story, of course.

Oh you ROCK for doing that in Catholic H.S.!!! I'll bet the Nuns were considering burning you at the stake. But, as my beloved choir/music theory teacher in Jr. College once told me (and I and my family tend to live by anyway): Heretics have more fun! :o

In high school, mind you. Catholic high school. That didn't go over too well, you can imagine. A friend of mine is a Grail scholar...did y'all know Pinocchio is a grail quest story? It's rather more obvious in A.I., I suppose.

That's interesting about Pinocchio...and it makes sense, too! What's A.I.?

Edited by ElizabethOSP

I read Holy Blood, Holy Grail when I was in my early 20s. Since I was already pagan I was intrigued. The documentation regarding the Priory of Scion etc has been proven to be fraudulent now but I love the explanation of the evolution of the Christ mythos.

The peppermint note is subliminal really, it's not prominent.

Yup! Sangreal means Holy Grail, while Sang Real as two words means royal blood. The picture I used on the label is an Arthur Rackham illustration from the Grail Quest stories of King Arthur....she's supposed to be holding the Holy Grail. I love it when people "get it." :o

Its funny that you guys are talking about this because thats exactley what I was also thinking when I saw "Sang Real" and then read the disciption, i was like "yep". :ph34r:

I NEED Sang Real. (Anyone ever read Holy Blood, Holy Grail?) And OMG Flowers in the Moat. And Tiare Tiara and Night at the Round Table. And Rose of Shrewsbury and Alabaster Queen and Oleander the Great and Lionheart and...I've almost named all of them, haven't I. This is a really inspired set of perfumes!!!

Agreed! :o This months set is deffinetley inspiring and deep in meaning as well. We're going back to very ancient times. Great Job you guys, technology has really come a long way. Besides the crafted new age shops now a days we can buy ready made products on the internet for our workings too.

Thats incredible! :ph34r:

Edited by AncientGoddess

I NEED Sang Real. (Anyone ever read Holy Blood, Holy Grail?) And OMG Flowers in the Moat. And Tiare Tiara and Night at the Round Table. And Rose of Shrewsbury and Alabaster Queen and Oleander the Great and Lionheart and...I've almost named all of them, haven't I. This is a really inspired set of perfumes!!! Have I mentioned that my paternal family hails from 'round the Salisbury Plain? Heh. ~~ "No, we're NOT gonna do bloody Stonehenge!!!" ~~ Maternal from France & England. ManThing is related to Henry VIII's wife Jane Seymour and also somehow related to Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand of Spain. Weird, huh? Me, I'd consider emigrating to Genovia. ;)

That's really cool. My mom's side is French/Spanish/Mexican so it always intrigues me when roots can be traced back that far to Royalty. I think I get my freckles from my mom's side :lol:

Just paid for mine Mara, sorry I didn't read the post about doing it the gc way until now.

eta: Oops, this is actually supposed to be on the pe thread!

Edited by Amanda

Yup! Sangreal means Holy Grail, while Sang Real as two words means royal blood. The picture I used on the label is an Arthur Rackham illustration from the Grail Quest stories of King Arthur....she's supposed to be holding the Holy Grail.

I just found that same artwork on the cover of another book:

http://www.amazon.com/Magical-Christianity...653&sr=1-18

The historical references are KILLING ME. History nerd here. I want them ALL, but my bank account won't allow for it!

Heeeeee!!! How about one of the Monthly Sample Packs? (enable enable enable) :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Grabs coffee, box of donuts...waits for the hilarity...

...or the end of the world, whichever happens soonest.

:( Katz....I was invited to a Post Rapture Party Sunday the 22nd on Face Book!

Can't wait for the May releases :cry:

According to the following flowchart I'm going to be "left behind" so leave me the donuts should you happen to be rapturized?

http://peasandcougars.wordpress.com/2011/0...tured-flowchart

*SNORK*! I'm SO not goin' anywhere... I've been tempted to sign up for one of the MANY "Post Rapture" Facebook events...but I know I'll piss off at least a few of my friends...

I'll share the donuts, I brought plenty! Filling or topped?

More donuts, less rapture I say!

Make that "More rapture from eating donuts. Less of the biblical kind."

Ladies, we need a proper stalking & speculating thread for the new releases, end of the world notwithstanding. Shall I start one?

:(:cry::ph34r:

Sure, go for it! Donuts are highly portable...

Do you mean for new releases or for crazy "the end is coming" prophecies? :abfx:

Hmmm ... err ... both! Spotted the new thread after I got out of bed this morning!