Alabaster Queen

ladybegood1

AD-AlabasterQueen_1.jpg

Alabaster Queen

Sovereigns were the trendsetters in their bygone eras, and Queen Catherine de Medici was one of the most influential, beyond her position as a leading patron of the arts during her reign, as well as the woman who was credited with bringing a greater sense of elegance to a nation already known for its refinement. Catherine was praised for her alabaster skin, the pallor of which she achieved with the aid of a very special potion crafted by her personal perfumer, Rene de Florentin, summoning him to France from Italy when she was in need of his talents. We have recreated this beauty secret in fragrant form: almond milk, lemon and honey, to which we add a luscious slathering of vanilla and buttercream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ALMOND and ALMOND MILK ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
BUTTERCREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So...No one else has tried this? The label was so beautiful I tore right into this scent and was not disappointed!! This smells like the best homemade buttery almond cookies that melt in your mouth tastes! OH SO GOOD! It seems to have pretty good staying power..I have it on the back of my hand and after several hand washings, cooking dinner and playing with the dog I can still smell it, light and lovely. I really really like this!

So...No one else has tried this? The label was so beautiful I tore right into this scent and was not disappointed!! This smells like the best homemade buttery almond cookies that melt in your mouth tastes! OH SO GOOD! It seems to have pretty good staying power..I have it on the back of my hand and after several hand washings, cooking dinner and playing with the dog I can still smell it, light and lovely. I really really like this!

:)

:lol:

:yeahthat:

I LOVE ALMOND COOKIES!!!!!!!!! How did i miss this??? This sounds AMAZING >.<

Yeah, this is an OMGSLATHERMENOW type scent. Full bottle please?

It's richer than Fortune Cookie - it's what I'd hoped Fortune Cookie would be like, honestly!

Yeah, this is an OMGSLATHERMENOW type scent. Full bottle please?

It's richer than Fortune Cookie - it's what I'd hoped Fortune Cookie would be like, honestly!

uh oh, now I might need a bottle!

Fortune Cookie didn't work on me (either version), sadly, although almond is an iffy note with me. But I agree this is much richer, it's got such a creamy depth to it which is intriguing enough on its own. The honey and lemon meld so nicely with the almond and it's just so sniffable! Like, OMG that's so unusual, let me take another sniff!

In summation: YUMMEH

I want to eat this one soooo much. To me when wet it smells like irrestible marzipan, when dry the lemon and vanilla come more to the fore, but it remains very mazipan like on my skin. It lasts for ages and is simply scrumptious.

Go on Halo, get a bottle you know you want to :)

Huh. This turned on me into something slightly off. And why am I smelling saffron?

Off to swaps with you.

I can't decide if I should get a bottle of this unsniffed or if I should get a sample and a bottle of tealess strumpet

Tealess Strumpet is FABULOUS I have to say!

I wasn't too sure about this one, but I've had it on all day & it's gone through it's various phases, and it's really yummy. It was more foody than sexy in the beginning, but about 3 hrs into it it morphed & now it's foody AND sexy (if that makes sense).

I'm not sure, but I'm leaning towards a full bottle on this one....

Tealess Strumpet is FABULOUS I have to say!

:)

With this one I get the almond,honey,vanilla then a touch of lemon...I get more lemon cream but also more yummy Cookies from T-LS.

Hard choice if I had to pick just one :)

On me I think it smells like milk, lightly sweetened and with a smidge of vanilla. Not creamy milk, just maybe 2 percent tops. A very light feel to the scent that I don't think would stand up to layering with anything.

So I opted to try the sample first before buying and boy was that a mistake! I love it. The almond is very present but not overwhelming. tempered with a nice creamy milkiness. Truly lovely Mara! This is the almond of my dreams. Hope it wears well, but if not I shall refresh often. Full bottle will be include with my next order.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting an almond scent! But it sounds like it doesn't last on everyone. I like lemon (lemon like lemon poppy seed cake, rather than tart lemony) and honey scents don't smell great on me. May have to get a sample bottle to see?

I'm really liking this one. I've been on a real lemon kick lately and this is like a squeeze of fresh lemon juice folded into almond milk and honey on a bed of vanilla buttercream. I amp the almond and honey the most, not that I'm actually complaining about that. :D Right now I have a sample to enjoy but I can see a bottle of this one in my future.

I'm really liking this one. I've been on a real lemon kick lately and this is like a squeeze of fresh lemon juice folded into almond milk and honey on a bed of vanilla buttercream. I amp the almond and honey the most, not that I'm actually complaining about that. :) Right now I have a sample to enjoy but I can see a bottle of this one in my future.

And the great thing about this one, on me it lasts all day. It has an excellent throw.

• 4 weeks later...
And the great thing about this one, on me it lasts all day.

Trufax. Put on 9+ hours ago and I'm still moving about in this cloud of purringly sexy, bit mysterious and above all REGAL nom.

Copying earlier comments about this scent that I littered irresponsibly elsewhere, which remain true on this wearing:

foody but in a 'believable' perfume way. Reminds me of caught in the act but less come-hither. Eta as it dries down I'm getting a honey that is just a bit drrty. Oo sexay ...alabaster queen turning out to be a naughty wicked zoot

• 1 year later...

To me this smells like almond, milk and... maybe coffee? Or perhaps that is just the almond going funny on me! Damn, if I had known it had almond I would have stuck to just smelling it in the bottle - Going to go wash this arm now as the smell of nuts makes me feel nauseous. I'm sure to those without nut allergies though it would be a lovely smell, the sweet milkiness is really heavenly, it's just the nut smell that ruins it for me.

• 11 months later...

At first I was turned off by this - in the bottle. Something about it was plastic-y and fake. But after I got it on my skin... mmmm! It's a warm almond, milk, oatmeal smell. The hint of lemon comes through in the end but not enough of a smell to really pick apart. It lends to the almond a little, so it's not plastic-y on the skin. I would love to have a lotion like this to slather on after a bath or shower. It's just a nice warm-skin/oatmeal fragrance. Nicely blended and cozy scent! God I am loving Artisan fragrances so much now! They are really so complex and detailed!

• 4 weeks later...

Something has happened to this with age. It smells like a high shrill on me. Sometimes I don't know what notes I am smelling so I have to give the visual of what it smells like to me. I've tried this thrice, at different times in my cycle and at first it's creamy and I feel good, safe almost- then out of nowhere this high pitched shrill on my skin- like a hyena on my arms and we begin to claw at each other. It makes me crazy and I have to wash it off. It's the strangest thing and I don't know what note it is that is making me feel this way.

• 4 months later...

God I am loving Artisan fragrances so much now! They are really so complex and detailed!

Went shopping at Ulta with daughter dearest over the weekend. Tried some of the new "designer" fragrances of recent vintage. Blech! Not a one came even close to the depth, intensity, and quality of a Mara creation. They were ALL so boring, so bland, so uninspired, so completely vapid.

I cannot believe I used to wear that junk.

Thank you, Mara! You have redefined perfume for all of us, and for that, we are eternally grateful.

• 3 weeks later...

I will try this tomorrow. I was going to today but reached for the LP White again. In the bottle it smells wonderful...I am hoping it is when it hits my skin. there weren't many bottles left so I am glad I got a full bottle of it. ( I think the cart said only 6 left but can't remember for sure). Beautiful label.

In the bottle I smell Almond up front and a hint of lemon. I tend to amp honey so I can only imagine how great it will smell on my skin. Going to enjoy my LP White today though.

On first application I get Almond up front. No real sweetness when wet, more just milky almond. After about 30 minutes I get honey and a hint of lemon coming through but almond is still predominant. After about an hour I get mostly almond-honey. I think this is a great daily scent.

• 8 months later...

This one reminds me a lot of Because the Night... with a tad more depth than just the almond bite that BTN has (I love BTN, but my SO described it as "sharp" almond scent that makes him want to sneeze, LOL, so I just wear BTN when I want to enjoy it!) This has a dense full body to it that lasts a very long time on my skin - and even the last few huffs I can get of it are just dreamy. There is a creamy almond pastry scent in Alabaster Queen... something that you want to savor. I get a tiiiny bit of lemon zest at the first application, but it quickly goes away leaving a beautiful, elegant scent. And the label is gorgeous to boot.

That's interesting that they are alike to you. BTN is literally the only almond LP that I do not like. I love Alabaster Queen though.

I'm sure they are 'alike ' to me only because of the almond. BTN is different In the sense that the almond is in your face and 'sharp'... I can't slather it on without clearing the room (even tho I love the almond) it's like wolfsbane to to males in my den. Alabaster Queen is such an awesome blend that nothing body slams you at first whiff, even tho it is a heady scent.