A Regal Confection

katz

A Regal Confection

Of course none of us commoners can taste the pleasure of the actual cake the royal couple and their guests get to enjoy on that special day, but we can certainly make sure we smell like it! A sugar cookie base is piled with layers of deep dark fudge-y chocolate laced with sweet amber and topped with lavish cocoa butter. This is an absolute no-holds-barred CHOCOLATE scent fit for a...a prince and his bride (and all us chocoholics too!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
EGG ~ A representation of the world or the womb. Fertility, nourishment, cycle of life, feminine energy.
BUTTER~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From time to time I wonder about Mara... where she gets her inspiration, how on earth she has time for it all, and HOW DOES SHE MAKE STUFF SMELLZ SO GOOD!?!

Last month's chocolate delight was The Smoking Bun. Dark, choco-smokey-sweet confection...lovely. BUT HOW do you come up with one that's as *VISUAL* as this one is?

I see: A big ol' Devil's Food cake- dark, moist chocolate layer cake with fudgy-chocolate buttercream icing...glistening with icing...my fork, slooowly descending into the top, swooshing 2...3 layers of cake before popping it into my (drooling) mouth.

It's CAKE-y...it's chocolate heaven...omg LOVE. It should come with a warning about NOT applying if you are hungry, for you will NOM your arm!

I could not have said it better...no Really,I could not have :lol: That was awesome ,and ummm,well... sexy :001_302:

I am so into the sniff...smile...sniff...smile...inhale...smile zone right now. :wub:

Edited by Calii

*blush* thanks Calii! I am having a very tough time trying to smell another sample right now this is SO filling the air!

ETA: Now I want a good cup of coffee, too.

Edited by katz

OMGGGGGGG!!!! :wub::lol::019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co Your desciption makes me wonder why didn't i order a sampler pack for this month!!?? May be i will soon!! :001_302:

YE GODS AND LITTLE FISHES! This is the sexiest chocolate amber I've ever experienced. I changed my mind: my incubus does not smell like Burnished Cacao, he smells like this (which makes the original name so appropriate), 99.9% impossible to resist. *swoons* It's like I lose the power of speech when I smell this and am reduced to bizarre sounds and drooling. NOM NOM NOM

I see: A big ol' Devil's Food cake- dark, moist chocolate layer cake with fudgy-chocolate buttercream icing...glistening with icing...my fork, slooowly descending into the top, swooshing 2...3 layers of cake before popping it into my (drooling) mouth.

I'm a chocolate freak but I don't do well with chocolate-based scent. This makes me want to give it another try.

This smells like rich brownie mix straight in the box. It has a "dry" quality that makes me think cocoa and not chocolate. It is divine. As it dries, the amber comes out and gives it a nice, warm depth. After 30 minutes I'm left with mostly a sweet, creamy amber with a hint of cocoa instead of the nose punch I get upon first application. It's sooo yummy smelling.

This was cocoa at first. Straight up dark cocoa. As it dried down, the amber jumped to the front and I kinda went "oh oh". After an hour it's morphed into something sweet but not, hard to explain. Chocolate covered amber maybe? Anyways it's lovely now and will require much slathering and the acquiring of another bottle.

Chocolate scents usually don't sit right with me, that is until I found LPMP of course. Mara always manages to get it oh so right. This is a prime example of chocolate scent perfection. I'm not getting the amber massively when wet, it smells more like freshly baked chocolate cake, cooled just enough to slather on the chocolate buttercream icing. Utterly delicious!

This is like the densest chocolate cake I ever had captured in a bottle. It's more of a deep, dark chocolate fudge scent than a really buttery chocolate, not bitter at all and utterly decadent. There is a tiny hint of buttery sugar cookies in the background as well as sweet sexy amber to ground. I wanted to lick it off. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I was finally able to get a bottle of this after running through my samples and getting caught up to other must haves that were going to be gone first :abfx: ...this is an Awesome scent on me,it is the sexiest dark chocolate fudge frosted cake :001_302:

• 4 weeks later...

On me, this is chocolate frosting, the super bad-for-you right-out-of-the-waxed-carton kind.... absolutely shamelessly nom.... the first time I wore it I was like "yup chocolate uh huh" and stopped paying attention, but I've noticed more recently that the amber makes it TEH SEXIEST. I think this would be great in the hair with ss4w. *going to make spray*

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm about to sound really crazy, but...this delicious scent smells very similar to Sugared Darkness on me. I LOVE IT!!! I am so confused about the similarity between these two because as far as I know there are no similar notes. I think it's the warmth of the amber. Either way I love this. :lol:

I've raved elsewhere about this but I highly recommend getting this scent into your hair. I pour a lil puddle of this into a larger puddle of argan oil in my hand, rub together and put throughout my hair. It lasts 24 hours plus, AND for some reason it just "goes" soooo well with hair...almost believably what your hair would smell like naturally... Can't explain it.

Edited by tyvey

• 5 months later...

I can't believe I didn't LOVE this one when it first came out. WTF was wrong with me??? I think my nose was so used to commercial before and since i was so new back then I couldn't appreciate the chocolate love bomb that is this scent! It was very chocolatey fudgey like almost too much fudge back then, like those very very fudgey brownies from Harry and David that make your teeth hurt ~ and I love fudge, but I aint no fudge packer- lol sorry , well TODAY it is so YUMMY and smooth chocolate cake cocoa deliciousness and this is soo bottle worthy! Holy crap that means I have to go back and retest and resample and rebuy some that I might have not been too fond of.

I am in SWOON AMOR with Regal Confection! It has aged beautifully and deliciously!

• 3 weeks later...

...this is an Awesome scent on me,it is the sexiest dark chocolate fudge frosted cake :001_302:

Still! ...if anything richer & deeper,this is bar none my favorite chocolate scent :icecream:

• 1 year later...

I have a bad relationship with chocolate - I love it, but it tends to turn ashy on my skin. This is not the case with A Regal Confection! It's a lovely, rich, sweet, true chocolate. The problem is, after about 90 mins I start amping the coco butter. On me, coco butter doesn't smell like white chocolate, it smells like moisturizer made with coco butter - that sweet but comseticically perfumey scent. It's nice, but I really would have preferred more chocolate.

Edited by Celrynnya

• 4 weeks later...

Wore this last night and this is still the best chocolate scent ever it just gets more droolworthy with age! I really need to wear it more often :)

"A sugar cookie base is piled with layers of deep dark fudge-y chocolate laced with sweet amber and topped with lavish cocoa butter. This is an absolute no-holds-barred CHOCOLATE scent"

• 1 month later...

DD sent me a sample of this today and I am so grateful -- THIS is the chocolate scent I've been looking for! A delicious, full-bodied true chocolate that stays true. After about an hour, it settled down and a perfect amber scent took over -- THE amber that I love so much! The same dry-down amber scent I get with Tyvey's Chewy Cherries. Simply heavenly.

MUST have fb!!

Yes !!!! :) sooo good to see this one getting more love,it is my hands down favorite chocolate scent! I've committed to wearing Gianduja tonight,after finding it again :lol: ...but this is going on tomorrow night :icecream:

DD sent me a sample of this today and I am so grateful -- THIS is the chocolate scent I've been looking for! A delicious, full-bodied true chocolate that stays true. After about an hour, it settled down and a perfect amber scent took over -- THE amber that I love so much! The same dry-down amber scent I get with Tyvey's Chewy Cherries. Simply heavenly.

MUST have fb!!

I'm so glad you love this one... I'm not a chocolate ho, the only blend I have loved with a chocolate vibe is Odelisque and I'm in love with that blend but I think its because it has COCOA BUTTER in it.

I have realized that Cocoa Butter works so well with my skin chemistry... I love it so much

• 3 weeks later...

Wet I get huge dark chocolate and a screaming amber. Drying down the amber turns lovely and the choco turns to cocoa powder. Still waiting for the cocoa butter. It may be lost to me with the other elements. Very nommy.

ETA: after long dry down it smells so much like Luna's Sungold Mocha without the coffee. No wonder Luna loves this. It's a little smoother from the cocoa butter but reminds me a lot of it.

ETA much later: The resemblance to Sungold Mocha was just a phase. This one is really a morpher. It's been a wild ride. Not sure I will wear this that much as heavy morphers freak me out sometimes, but it's been fun testing it.

Edited by halo0073

• 3 weeks later...

In the bottle this smells like a bitter chocolate. I think I was expecting more of a milk chocolate. This one was pretty faint on my skin. After some time passed it was powdery and more like dry cocoa than chocolate, but when I asked someone how I smelled, I was told that I smelled like bitter chocolate.

Hi Tyvey!

No, I didn't. Thanks for the suggestion (I'll keep that in mind for future samples/purchases), but its too late for me to retry with shaking as I did use the whole sample. Not all in one day mind you, but over a month or so. :)

Thanks again...

hm, that's surprising. did you try shaking it?

Edited by Honeycake

• 1 month later...

Ok, Tyveys post on the Stone Cougar thread has me looking at this again.

My question to those of you who have tried this..

I like dark chocolate, butter is a hit/ miss depending on how it used, I Love Velvet Kisses, how does this compare?

As you can see from the reviews, some perceive this as dark chocolate though to me this is definitely more milk chocolate even as there are some fudgy notes too; basically it's chocolate and sweet amber.

For me personally this is more of a fudgy chocolate, as Luna pointed out- it's milk chocolate and amber, it reminds me of a thick fudge brownie. Bob's Big Boy used to have these fudge brownie sundaes, that's what it reminds me of.

Velvet Kisses is more orangey cocoa chocolate to me.

Oh my god I'm smelling Big Boy brownie sundae now. :)

I'm thinking I will not find it dark choco either. When I like Dark choco it's DARK. humm it either this or another velvet kisses. tick tock...

I'm thinking I will not find it dark choco either. When I like Dark choco it's DARK. humm it either this or another velvet kisses. tick tock...

If you prefer the darker kind, have you tried Skye Loves Chocolate! (it's a PE) ? That is a deliberately dark chocolate scent.

• 1 year later...

I found this a bit harsh and foodie in the vial--my nose always seems to interpret chocolate notes as "harsh" in the vials. But once on my skin, it mellows right out and the harshness goes away. And then it smells like a chocolate chip cookie to me!

It's nice, but as I've said many times, most foodie scents aren't really for me. This is one of the ones I don't mind, though. I'm happy to have tried it.

• 5 months later...

This was one of my first purchases off Etsy. I know this is supposed to smell like a royal chocolate cake. And it does smell like chocolate. My husband commented about how good I smelled. It totally reminds me this old-fashioned candy kitchen from my hometown that I worked at for awhile. It smells like that circa early 1900’s candy store front on me. I don’t get cake from it at all, only an old-fashioned hometown candy fragrance. I really like it for that chocolatey mood!