Rose of Shrewsbury

LadyVictoria

Amazing, this is one of the truest cookie scents I've ever smelled! First impression is very much of oats, or something like that, even though that's not an ingredient.... I definitely get the butter and the cream, but absolutely as ingredients blended into bakery goodness, not as stand-alone notes. The rose is so subtle I can hardly detect it. If I didn't know it was there I would be hardpressed to name that final, fleeting waft of floral that I catch at the end of my inhalation. This is truly lovely! And I'm filing away coconut cream as a note to watch for in the future...

• 2 weeks later...

Wet I got a big waft of cocoa butter which dried into... creamy and sweet cocoa butter mixed with a tiny hint of coconut, all topped with a clear floral accompaniment. And wow, I am getting some spice! If this is the smell of a biscuit then it's one sat on a very proper lady's dressing table!

Edited by donsie

• 1 year later...

Hubby walked by me and said,"Oh my god, what are you baking? That smells really good!"

The first hour was all nutmeg, all the time. That's perfectly fine by me. After that, hot buttered rose petals appear, with just a crystalline sprinkling of sweetness. This is beautiful. Thank you, Halo, for this sniffie!

Edited by Wanderlust

• 4 months later...

I really ended up liking this scent, which is crazy because I kind of hate roses but enjoy rosewater. I also like floral gourmands but typically prefer them to be more floral and this scent js definitely more spicy and foody to me... but I also love cookies. I kept waffling over the years on whether or not I really liked Rose of Shrewsbury, testing a bit here and there... then just as I finally decided to sell it, I realized the bottle is pretty much gone! So, I guess that answers that question. :P

To be fair, I also tend to save little sniffles of PE's that have blended with roses and cookies and have the same internal debate, every time.