A Night at the Round Table

katz

AD-RoundTable.jpg

Night at the Round Table

In our curiosity to learn how the other half lives, it was revealed the evening repast at the famed Round Table of the Arthurian Court (circa late 5th Century) might have well included a serving of "Fenkel in Soppes" (Braised Fennel with Ginger). In order to create a scent fit for Royalty (and their guests), we settled on a more dessert-like variation of this historic dish: fennel accord (which is known for its protective and potency-increasing qualities) is seasoned with snappy saffron and ginger EOs and a generous sprinkle of white sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
FENNEL ~ Healing, protection, purification, ecstasy, sexual potency.
SAFFRON ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mmmmmkay... I'm not afraid of the odd scent - not at all! When I go to the gelato shop, I'm more likely to try the Basil, or Lemongrass and Cilantro than the Strawberry...

I'm hoping someone *else* with the monthly sampler will chime in w/what they are getting here. I am mostly NOT getting. Anything! So strange to have the (forgive me) 'Posset Effect' happen to me here! Maybe it's the dry desert air, or my poor dry desert skin at this point but really just a *hint* of ginger is all.

I am, however willing to take this under consideration:
"Note: This may seem a somewhat odd combination of ingredients to be considered a "sexy" perfume, but I urge you to give this a try - it has a magically seductive effect on the men folk!"

And try it on the fellah soon.

On my skin, it smells like warm fluffy licorice.

Kind of like the powdered sugar smell from a marshmallow, dusted with licorice powder. I think the Saffron makes it smell "warm", but other than that it doesn't really pop out on me.

• 2 weeks later...

Foody lover. Vanilla lover. I liked it. Did not pay attention to the specific notes.

Problem: I CAN'T GET THE SONG OUT OF MY HEAD.

"Note: This may seem a somewhat odd combination of ingredients to be considered a "sexy" perfume, but I urge you to give this a try - it has a magically seductive effect on the men folk!"

The hilarious irony of this is if I wore A Night at the Round Table around Quince he would shove me out the door and lock it behind me. :) He can't stand anything which smells even remotely like licorice. But there's an interesting variation between the vial and my skin. When I smell it in the vial, the ginger gives it an almost lemony impression to me; maybe it's the saffron and ginger together. Usually saffron is a very deep dry almost "dusty" smell for me. On my skin the scent is sugar-coated fennel, i.e. the warm fluffy licorice Mara is referring to. It's interesting, but I honestly think White Licorice works better on me than this one.

I got a wonderful licoricefrom this--I love licorice scents, so I happily slathered and layered wiith (what else?) White Licorice! A little Dolce far Niente to deepen it down, and yummm.

• 1 month later...

I wore night at round table to bed last night. Beautiful on me....smooth, soft and somehow powdery-feeling after the fennel settles down, which it does very quickly-on me it stops reading as fennel, or even licorice, within a few minutes--one of those LPs that is so smoothly blended that most people probably wouldn't be able to pick out any individual notes -- oddly, I amp the white sugar!- and I can't remember ever enjoying white sugar this much- it's somehow quite intense in this blend.

• 3 years later...

This hasn't gotten love in ages. I love how unique this smells on me. I kept huffing my wrists. I am loving the fennel, I'm one of those people who buys straight fennel tea leaves just because I adore the scent of it. I don't specifically smell the ginger or the saffron, just a little warm something 'else'. After about two hours, it becomes more powdery and soft on me, almost like anise seed.

I don't see myself wearing this to work or slathering it on myself for date night. However, it made me very calm, not unlike Sogni Incantati. I may wear it to bed or for meditation. Or simply because it's such a truly unique scent, and I love treating myself to something different sometimes. I could also see this being a hit with people who like Renaissance Fairs.

Hubby inhaled deeply at my wrist a few times, closed his eyes, and we once again discussed how amazing LP is and how deeply it can affect us.

Edited by androstenol

• 1 year later...