Greetings from the Mediterranean:)

galbieon

Hey There,

My name is Gali - 28 year old female;

Located in Israel

I'm an athlethe and a personal trainer , Married

Love perfumes & potions (mixing;creating, etc)

:)

Nice to meet you all!

Woohoo! An international presence, welcome aboard! How cool - how did you find the site?

Hey There,

My name is Gali - 28 year old female;

Located in Israel

I'm an athlethe and a personal trainer , Married

Love perfumes & potions (mixing;creating, etc)

:)

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome! How wonderful to have you with us on the forum!

Where in Israel do you live?

Hi Gali.....welcome! I hope you enjoy the scents here as much as we all do.....you notice how we go on and on AND ON about them.....

I'll start the ball rolling. This one is for Katz. It's the library at the Glasgow School of art - Architect Mackintosh. :(

Glasgow_School_of_Art_Library.jpg

Edited by May

I'll start the ball rolling. This one is for Katz. It's the library at the Glasgow School of art - Architect Mackintosh. :)

Wow May! Thanks...it's beautiful! We're lucky to have a few bits of Frank Lloyd Wright out here...most important of which is his School of Architecture = Taliesin West

cid_3147439.jpg

Wow! That's amazing!

By the way... It's snowing here today! Fancy sending some of that sunshine over?

May

(Currently wearing not just thick socks, but also slippers - it's a bit cold!)

Edited by May

Wow! That's amazing!

By the way... It's snowing here today! Fancy sending some of that sunshine over?

May

(Currently wearing not just thick socks, but also slippers - it's a bit cold!)

Absolutely - We can split the difference! Going to be 72F here today...too early for real spring.

Absolutely - We can split the difference! Going to be 72F here today...too early for real spring.

The weather is going crazy here in Louisiana......it was warm and in the high 70's yesterday, then about 4:00pm the heavy rain started, and today when I woke up it was in the mid 40's......it's been very chilly and windy here all day today.......

What beautiful pictures! Ooooh, I LOVE that library!

Well, our new neighborhood is not as exciting as Venice, but I do enjoy driving past the WB lot every day. This is the big cartoon mural on the side of one of the main buildings, (Hi Superman!) and the famous water tower (where the Animaniacs live!). On the front by the main entrance, they still display hand painted murals that change monthly of their hottest tv shows and upcoming big films.

WBMural.jpg

Hi!

I'm so new here I have no idea if this is going to post properly. But I absolutely love the photos since I teach art history. Being a woman of a "certain age" I am very interested in the Cougar LP, but I'm not big on grapefruit. Any ideas on what it would blend well with that is light and green?

Artemisia

What beautiful pictures! Ooooh, I LOVE that library!

Well, our new neighborhood is not as exciting as Venice, but I do enjoy driving past the WB lot every day. This is the big cartoon mural on the side of one of the main buildings, (Hi Superman!) and the famous water tower (where the Animaniacs live!). On the front by the main entrance, they still display hand painted murals that change monthly of their hottest tv shows and upcoming big films.

Hi!

I'm so new here I have no idea if this is going to post properly. But I absolutely love the photos since I teach art history. Being a woman of a "certain age" I am very interested in the Cougar LP, but I'm not big on grapefruit. Any ideas on what it would blend well with that is light and green?

Artemisia

Welcome Artemisia! :)

The Cougar phero additive would go nicely with any of our green scents, as it has a light musky scent. Here's a few I can think of, perhaps others might have a suggestion if I forget something...

• Musky Dusky Fresh Cut Greenery - Very watery and fresh green-ness
  • Love Potion: GREEN - Sweet vanilla, fresh cut stems and musk
  • Communication Potion - Airy, aquatic green-ness - smells like clouds
  • Portunus - watery again, but with a hint of sweetness from the Benzoin
  • Sweet Revenge - lovely sweet grassiness
  • Curious Experiments of Konrad Dipple - sharp grassiness, like freshly cut lawn...we made this for men, but a lot of women enjoy wearing it
  • Heartland - a drier, wheatier grassiness, like hay and sunshine

And we've got a new one coming out this month, as per Scourger's idea FROG!, a watery green and wet earth scent.

Hi!

Artemisia

Hi Artemisia - welcome aboard! Art History - you're my hero, that's what I studied in College (with a leaning towards Architecture Hist)...Good to see someone who *applied* her knowledge! (Don't think I could ever teach...but I did love my courses.

Hi!

Artemisia

Artemisia,

Just as a note, I accidentally ordered the scented version of Cougar Potion... This fortunate accident prompted me to trial layering recipes with my sample vial (so I could decide what to do with the full bottle) and I discovered to my complete joy that it layers wonderfully with many of the LP scents. The grapefruit does have the additional aromotherapy benefit of causing those smelling it to perceive you as younger; this benefit exists even when they sniffer is not "perceptually" aware of the grapefruit scent (i.e., when it is layered and blended beautifully with other scents). Funny, I swear I get a bit of self-effect from it as well :)

I'm planning on ordering the unscented as well, but thought I would share my experiences with the scented version.

Artemisia,

Just as a note, I accidentally ordered the scented version of Cougar Potion... This fortunate accident prompted me to trial layering recipes with my sample vial (so I could decide what to do with the full bottle) and I discovered to my complete joy that it layers wonderfully with many of the LP scents. The grapefruit does have the additional aromotherapy benefit of causing those smelling it to perceive you as younger; this benefit exists even when they sniffer is not "perceptually" aware of the grapefruit scent (i.e., when it is layered and blended beautifully with other scents). Funny, I swear I get a bit of self-effect from it as well :)

I'm planning on ordering the unscented as well, but thought I would share my experiences with the scented version.

Curious.. Chaionlife, I purchased a full size btl of the scented Cougar Potion, just wondering, what are you blending/layering it with ? The LPs I have may be to "bold" and I'm afraid the citrusy grapefruit would lose it "umph" :) . What would you suggest ? liz

Curious.. Chaionlife, I purchased a full size btl of the scented Cougar Potion, just wondering, what are you blending/layering it with ? The LPs I have may be to "bold" and I'm afraid the citrusy grapefruit would lose it "umph" :P . What would you suggest ? liz

I've layered it with Dark Seductions and Robin and Marian (both with and without Sugared Honeycomb). Also, I tried it with LP Red, Black, White, and Pink (in four different parts of my anatomy). On my skin, the grapefruit amps up quite a bit upon initial application, then it backs down and the musk comes to the forefront. The grapefruit is still noticable, but it is as an undertone. So, like that, with the musk and other notes, it blends well with the florals and even the LPs on me.

Oh, my gosh... I just realized... when Cougar was being brewed/pre-release, Mara commented:

My personal chemistry burns up the citrus notes pretty fast, leaving me with the cloudy, musky, sugary vibe beneath the citrus for the majority of the perfume's life on my skin.

and I responded that I would love the potion to smell even 1/10 as gorgeous on my skin as it did on hers...

and I get that same type of "cloudy, musky, sugary vibe..." YAY!

As I try it with other scents, I will let you know :lol:

I've layered it with Dark Seductions and Robin and Marian (both with and without Sugared Honeycomb). Also, I tried it with LP Red, Black, White, and Pink (in four different parts of my anatomy). On my skin, the grapefruit amps up quite a bit upon initial application, then it backs down and the musk comes to the forefront. The grapefruit is still noticable, but it is as an undertone. So, like that, with the musk and other notes, it blends well with the florals and even the LPs on me.

Oh, my gosh... I just realized... when Cougar was being brewed/pre-release, Mara commented:

and I responded that I would love the potion to smell even 1/10 as gorgeous on my skin as it did on hers...

and I get that same type of "cloudy, musky, sugary vibe..." YAY!

As I try it with other scents, I will let you know :)

Hi Artemesia,

I get the same as Chai and Mara. The grapefruit really fades back, it's still there but only just and I can easily use other perfumes with it without it clashing.

May