New LPMP Member:Advice/Recommendations Please!

xotic1

Good morning everyone,

I just registered yesterday thanks to Mara :dreadlocksnaner: after much looking and reading through the forums which I truly enjoy! I am a very young-looking 44 year old female(Thank you God!) and am looking for some perfumes w/Pheros.

It just never ceases to amaze me what the power of Fragrance can do. Please also accept my apologies in advance for the long message :).

Here are a few that I'm interested in:

Swimming w/the Sharks Phero based

Dominance

Sparkle Fuschia Pheromone Based

Love Potion Black, Who's That Lady & Cougar (Lol)

Pomander, Pot of Gold, Honey Ho & Armed and Dangerous

The first 2 I feel would be good for me @ my current job and also since I am currently looking for a new job: I want to be welcomed, respected and be well thought of which is not usually a problem but it doesn't hurt to have some reinforcement.

The others for attraction, love, meeting new men etc. I know everyone is different but I'd like a general idea of how many sprays to start with? Also I'd love to hear of any other fragrance suggestions everyone has especially for wealth/prosperity/overall peacefulness/protection/banishing etc.

I love sweet, spicy, musky and cirusy scents: depending on my mood of the day will determine what I wear. I've been learning so much from these forums and look forward to hearing from everyone.

Happy Hump Day Everyone!!

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the best forum on earth! You have a lot of good choices to start with. And you have hit the jackpot as far as finding a wealth of sweet, spicy and musky scents. Look forward to hearing what you think of them!

Thanks for welcoming me ladies! I'm so excited and am looking forward to my 1st purchase.

BTW I live in New York and feel these fragrances will be even more helpful with interacting with people :) . Beccah I'm strongly leaning towards purchasing a bunch of them, Ooh Boy!!!

Edited by xotic1

welcome here! i would go with swimming with sharks for the work place. i would buy your pheros and get samples of the others, just to start. cant go wrong with samples in the beginning!

welcome! :D

I'm not sure you want to bust out Dominance in just an ordinary work situation. eg, Dolly rocks Leather (& I think possibly Dominance?) at her work because/when she deals with super aggressive clients who need to be strongly put in their place for their own good, lol. I definitely wouldn't wear it to an interview; you don't want interviewers to be cowed by you (do you?).

I'm not very familiar with SWS but others have opined.

For attraction, love, etc: the best way is to just try it yourself - start low and keep adding (if it's not having as much effect as you'd like) til you find your sweet spot. I'm personally very lightweight so I can't do more than 2 sprays (if that) of most things.

For the kind scent you like - there are (as you know) literally too many to be able to usefully make recommendations - that is one of the many great joys of LPMP & this place - trying a wide smattering of scents and talking about them :) That said, I have similar taste to you (although not all citruses like me) -- and I do think you'd particularly like scented Cougar, Caught in the Act, LP Silver and LP Red.

HAVE FUN!

Welcome :) ...you have found the best place to be !!

Definitely try Garland & Lace v3,Compromising Positions,Mara's Rocket Fuel with Blatant Invitation,Love Potion Original and Love Potion Red,S'More Than A Feeling...and and and ...ohhh the joy of samples :D

Just wanna say WELCOME!!! :) You will have an amazing time here!!! :D:D:D Looking forward to see your posts!!! :(:):lol:

Welcome Xotic1!

I'm new here too, but the forum ladies are sooo wise and they really make you feel at home...

I just got my first LP purchase and got Like A Magnet in Pink Amber which I loved...and a few samples one of them is Cougar and the scent is lovely and it has pheros, I have no idea which but the grapefruit really stands out and it does have this rejuvenating vibe, I tested this one on my mom (she's 60 but like you she looks waaay younger) and she emanated youthfulness while wearing it...

Welcome xotic1! You've already been given great recommendations, but I must second and third Cougar - it's fantastic! I'm looking forward to trying Sparkle Fuschia too :ph34r:

Have fun sampling a bit of everything (there's always the Trading Post for those scents that don't work out). I'm looking forward to seeing you around the boards.

I love sweet, spicy, musky and cirusy scents: depending on my mood of the day will determine what I wear. I've been learning so much from these forums and look forward to hearing from everyone.

Welcome to the forum! As some of the ladies have mentioned, scented Cougar & LP Red should work. There are numerous scents which fall under the sweet, spicy, musky or cirusy scents such as G-String, G&L3, Lady Frost, Sexology II, Pillow Patter, Vicars & Tarts, Adrienne's Tangy Ylang, Shen Tao, Spontaneous Combustion & Evil In Carnation, just to name a few.

Thanks everyone for all of your suggestions! I'm going to place my order next week Tuesday and get Swimming with the Sharks, Cougar and 1 or 2 more to start with :) .

I just love all these different varieties that are available and look forward to trying them plus sharing my thoughts w/you about them. The pendants & earrings are gorgeous too so I may be purchasing a lil extra sumthin' sumthin :sunnysmile: .

The pendants & earrings are gorgeous too so I may be purchasing a lil extra sumthin' sumthin :sunnysmile: .

I have an earring & necklace set that Mara made & you will love whatever you get! The jewelry she makes it absolutely gorg.!

try OCCO Black. It has copulins in it though, so look under Overt Cops for Covert Ops under the giftshop page here and you can order a sample pack of OCCO's.

OCCO black is a very spicy, sweet, sexy scent. I think you'll like. LP red is also a classic spicy, (not as heavy as the blacks) GREAT basic to start with. LP red in your scent arsenal is what jeans are to your closet- Versitile, dress up, or down, comfortable, or dressy, sexy and necessary haha!

Welcome the boards.

Edited by Raq On

HI EXOTIC1!!!!!!! (whoa...I'm yelling a lot today) Hope you're having a lovely time here! This. Is a GREAT. Place!!!

Sparkle Fuchsia and the scented Cougar are two of my absolute favorites. The scents are wonderful, and the Cougar phero makes me feel like...what?...I'm just so fabooo that I have rainbows hovering about. Yeah. I always feel really good wearing it! With the Sparkle Fuchsia spray, I use 3 little spritzes, usually one of them in my hair. Just did that right now, BTW! And with the roll-on Cougar Potion, I run it up both inner arms, and then swipe my arms on my chest. Aaaaand maybe put a little roll on the back of my neck. Heh.

:001_302::yeahthat::10_small16::BananaRow::abfx:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone :sunnysmile: ,

As I am still trolling thru everything on this wonderful site learning and being strongly enlightened I would love your advice/suggestions for what scents to wear for the following:

Meeting w/Job Recruiters

Going on Job Interviews

Meeting with and to also Attract Wealthy,Influential People (Potential Business Connections and/or Employers)

Love Attraction from the Men

Spiritual, Positiveness/Upliftment

Protection

Money/Open Roads/Good Luck/Success/Prosperity Overrall

*I was told Swimming w/the Sharks is good for the work environment in general and Dominance if I'm correct for the more ahem overly aggressive individuals one may have to deal with.

The more lethally strong and potent the better :2215: :):) ! I want to order some samples from the Trade section and a few full sizes in a week or so.

Let's get this party started now :lol:

:) This is a great website, so many wonderful amazing goods you will find here within the perfume section. All I can say after being a costumer for over 3 years is these LP's are truly magical and will deffinetly add spice to your love life as well as you. Works for me in many ways. Best wishes on your journey here! Edited by AncientGoddess

Hey, xotic1!

Love Attraction from the Men.........Cougar!!! I haven't tried the LAMs or BAMs yet, but Cougar rocks seriously. Also, the Lace phero blend is faboo! And having Lace and Cops together is groovy. If you've got a special ManThing...heh...something with Blatant Invitation or Sexology if you want a...ummm...lively, intense experience. Ahem. Super Sexy for Women makes things intense but cuddly for me & my ManThing. So does Cuddle Bunny.

Spiritual, Positiveness/Upliftment...also Protection......the Spell Collection 2010 is full of wonderful oils. I have yet to try them *all*, but the ones I've used are great! Road Opener, Mojo Oil, Blessing Oil, Love Drawing, Peaceful Home, Wall of Protection--they're all super!!! I also find Autumnal Equinox 2010 to be a happy-happy-joy-joy scent for me. And from the phero arena, Garland and Lace, Rainbow Falls, and Flying Potion are great, each in its own way. Cougar also gives me a good lift. And for comfort/calming, which is a lift for me--Teddy Man 2! It relaxes my entire family, and it helps me sleep sometimes.

Money/Open Roads/Good Luck/Success/Prosperity Overrall....... Embody the Tarot: The Magician is an absolutely kick-ass manifestation scent for me. I wear it and things just get done. This applies to stuff I already have at hand to *get done,* and also to bringing things into my life. Road Opener and Ashes to Dust 2 are almost scary-effective. They create movement, opportunities, and the kind of new manifestation you get from finishing up with old things that need to get done-and-gone. I wear The Magician casually, but I *only* use Road Opener and Ashes to Dust with *intent.*

Oh, and I'm impressed with Swimming with Sharks. I don't work in a corporate environment, but it certainly works in my artsy venues! I've tried it in the Oleander the Great perfume, and I liked it so much that I'm planning on getting a bottle of unscented Swimming With Sharks for my ManThing and I to share.

Well, there's my $0.02 worth! Heeee! You're going to find LOTS of beautiful perfumes here!!! :(

I've had lots of lucks with Special Delivery, Castle Crumble, and Thief of Hearts. I notice that when I wear these people are ' sweeter ' they give me things or situations aren't as stressful like the mall.

With work I have had great success with Popularity Potion for any type of big events, conferences etc. People were tripping over themselves trying to come talk to me, works wonders when you want to show your boss how well liked you are by peers and clients.

Cougar and SS4W ( Super Sexy for Women) for attraction.

For protection Flower of the Beast, Banishing Moon, Wall of Protection, Velvet Moss. I love Velvet Moss for bedtime.

Oh and you have to get some Nookie Cookie. Just because.

...Oh and you have to get some Nookie Cookie. Just because.

Eeeeeeee-YESSS!!! (When I first read the name of that one I think I spit food on my laptop. And it really smells GOOD, too!...umm, the PERFUME, not the stuff I spit...)

Like LadyV, I notice people responding in certain ways when I wear my LPs. It's not like commercial perfumes. With those, it was, "Oh, you smell nice today." With LPs, people may *say* things like that, but then they *act* in ways that are good for the situation. Does that make sense the way I said it? And I'm not talking about response to pheros here. LPs are created with tradition and intent of ingredients, and that makes a difference. The perfumers put specific energies and intents into the creations, and that makes a difference, too. Can you tell I really love this place?

Edited by ElizabethOSP

And I'm not talking about response to pheros here. LPs are created with tradition and intent of ingredients, and that makes a difference. The perfumers put specific energies and intents into the creations, and that makes a difference, too. Can you tell I really love this place?

Oh Yeah :lol: ...and I have had responces to many non-pheroed scents! ...as I have said many times...nobody...nobody...does scent with intent like our Mara.

Big LOLZ @ Nookie Cookie,this one is blooming and more Yum on me each time I try it :banana088: ...another amazing feature of a well crafted artisian creation :banana105:

ETA: http://lovepotionperfume.com/reading_room/articles/Intent

Edited by Calii

Great response Elizabeth :)

I would definitely second Cougar, for male attraction, especially if you enjoy being fawned over by a circle of male admirers (I swear this is what it must be like to be a Leo *j/k). LP Red with or without pheros will net you DRAMATIC hits (in my experience). I paired it with Sexpionage the other day & my SO was dragging me off to bedroom & pulling off my pants, within 10 minutes of exposure. The other Love Potions (LP Pink, etc.) draw the love out of everybody & draw men in like bees to honey. Love Drawing nets the same reactions, but it's more fruity, incensey. Whereas, the Love Potions make you smell like delicious baked goods, or candy. I also LOVE the LAMs for male attention, but they act like happy sauce too.

I love Jinx No More for general protection & to turn around a bad day, or streak of bad luck. Wall Of Protection has worked to protect me when I was in a potentially dangerous situation before. I also love Mapacho for when I get the vibe that malicious intending gossip is being directed my way, or @ night when alone & I get the heeby-jeebies. Rainbow Falls is very uplifting, Aerion Sky is in the same vein & just seems to be like bottled sunshine as well. Dark Seductions3 is a comforting, happy scent to me.

I love Money Honey for work situations/bringing in the green (since I only have one bottle, it's in my vault, lol). Egg or Sarasvati are great for when you need creativity for writing or projects. I like Dirty, Pretty Thing for getting things done in stealth mode.

Ladies thank you all so very much for your input!!

Ancient Goddess

Elizabeth OSP

Lady Victoria

Calii

You all rock ;) !

I just love the awesome feeling that you ladies radiate from afar :( !!

Now you've made me want all the ones suggested in addition to my already long list lol.... :) .

I want to get Cougar, Swimming w/the Sharks, Popularity Potion,Nookie Cookie, The Magician/Road Opener to start with so I'm going to check in the Trade section for some samples.

This is going to be some serious fun while experimenting!!

Also for PMS if you get raged out like I do- Smoking Bun calms me down, so does Egg2011 , when I am menstruating, it's Masked Man, Velvet Moss or The Hunter and the Nymph.. and if you want something to uplift you, Cougar, Cherry Nipples, Flowers in the Moat, LP Pink.

Another one that brings me delight is Blesssing Oil, it's like Jesus water. Everytime I wear this I encounter really unusual nice people, and it smells really beautiful. Like blooming roses in a temple. It's a mystical one for sure, because sometimes the smallest things are blessings.

Also for PMS if you get raged out like I do- Smoking Bun calms me down, so does Egg2011 , when I am menstruating, it's Masked Man, Velvet Moss or The Hunter and the Nymph.. and if you want something to uplift you, Cougar, Cherry Nipples, Flowers in the Moat, LP Pink.

Do the foodie scents calm or increase cravings for chocolate during PMS? I am a chocolate ho during my PMS and was thinking maybe if I just smelled candy or choc., I wouldn't jones so hard and over do it.

Do the foodie scents calm or increase cravings for chocolate during PMS? I am a chocolate ho during my PMS and was thinking maybe if I just smelled candy or choc., I wouldn't jones so hard and over do it.

Foodie scents have a mollifying effect on my cravings as well. It's like, if I smell it all day, I have no actual interest in eating it.

I think that would be really interesting to test that, and maybe you'd get a placebo effect?

I believe women crave chocolate during their period or the time around it because chocolate has magnesium, which a lot of women who have awful PMS are lacking. Milk chocolate has very little magnesium in it, which may be part of the reason some people can binge on it, but if you really want to up the magnesium in your diet and see if it soothes you, try raw cacao in a smoothie with some agave or honey. It'll help you sleep and stay sane. It's the only thing that I've found to make my PMDD manageable.

And then, if the chocolate perfume doesn't make it better on its own, you smell like chocolate while eating chocolate and life is good :lol:

For me they calm the cravings; IMO they're most effective when you put them on before any cravings actually hit. Even if you're already jonesing for something fattening, though, I find that surrounding myelf in a cloud of the scent still calms it down considerably. If worse come to worse and I do give in to a craving, I find myself eating less than I would without having glutted myself on the scent first.

• 3 weeks later...