WAX MELTS!!!!

I finally got all the materials to make the Wax Melts again! YAY!

Planning on making more this weekend. Any suggestions of what you would like me to make?

Which pheros in combo with which scents?

Our wax supply house recommended a harder wax for our "real" run this time. Further throw, holds more scent, less likely to melt in transit...sounds good to me!

I need to warn tho, we totally lost money on the experimental run, both in materials and in postage which I underestimated severely, so the price WILL go up. But I will price everything fairly as I always do, will weigh them and price them once they are complete so I get it right this time.

I'm looking forward to not having to hoard the few I have left from the last run. I really really love using these. And, as far as I know, there's no one else on the planet making phero enhanced wax melts in original artisan scents. :wub:

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG sooo Excited! How about Velvet Moss for those sexy times? Velvet Moss with any sexy phero? I like the Zen, Asian, Buddhism, Jesus, types of scents for home, so if I am engaging in sexy times, I can feel like it is spiritual and part of my enlightenment.

Or how about something that will make my son want to just sleep all day, all the time?

Sugared Honeycomb is a must, IMO, for playtime...I wonder, would Sexpionage be too strong, you think? Maybe SS4W instead?

I was thinking, how about an LP series: of the LP variants you have available, paired with whichever phero you think is appropriate (or unleaded, lol).

Well I know the Love Potion Original w/ Open Windows has been a hit @ my house parties & B2 is the equivalent of diffusing Valium throughout the air (my MIL definitely needs this in her life).

ETA: Now I don't have to hoard mine anymore :)

Edited by Beccah

I would love LP Original with maybe something like Treasured Hearts or B2 like Beccah suggested. And LP Black with something sexy?

(And you can put me down for 2 packs of LP Original for sure if you make it. And 1 pack of LP Black as well if it makes the cut.)

Edited by skye

LadyV, you and I have such similar tastes.

I know we do. We like the pink, black and the LP Og. Do you like any of the White scents?

I die over LP silver and Cougar- anythnig with white musk or amber.

I also love the Red. You know I am not a big big fan of the fruity tooty ones.

Omg too much coffeeeeee.

I can't do fruit notes except the grapefruit in Cougar. Love LP Original, Black, Red and Pink. OCCO White is yummy. I have OCCO Pink and Red. And Sparkle Fuschia. I'm a foody. Vanilla, chocolate, ambers, sugars, resins for depth.

Oh and yes, I consume copious amounts of coffee. LOL!

less likely to melt in transit...

Well...it was 102 here Wed,but "only" 96 yesterday...will be back to triple digets in a few days.

More Zippity Do Dah,plz, with a-nol :Hug_emoticon:

Garland & Lace...with Lace :)

Keep in mind, the candle oils and the perfume oils are not the same. The perfume oils DO NOT WORK in the wax, so I will endeavor to make some along the lines of the LP perfumes you like, but doubtful they will be exact, because the ingredient source is totally different. K?

What were everyone's favorites from last time?

I want you to make the Rose Cookies one again since I didn't get to try it last time.

Sorry M, I didn't think of that, duh! I fully admit I'm stupid today, lol (but I have good reason!).

Favorite scents: Rose Cookies & Love Potion Original

Spa Mint w/ Focus Potion

LP Original

I forgot I had these in my fridge! Just ran to burner, have solid spa mint from last session..still smells minty upclose..will see if it has any throw left after it melts. 3mos later...Perfect weekend to use melts...fireman hubby is away :)

Edited by FAWN

I LOVE the SPA MINT scent!!! It will be SO GOOD for the summer!! That cooling sensation!!!!! :banana038: I love it even without the pheros!!!!!!

Spa mint with Tranquilty

Zippidy Do Dah with A nol, i think.

Lp Black was freaking awesome.

rose cookies!

my vote is for these.

winter woody with teddy bb would be good for crampy days maybe.

Bumbob was kind enough to send me a sample of LP Black with Treasured Hearts (?) and it was amazing.

ETA: Even my son commented on how good it smelled and didn't mention air freshener.

Edited by skye

Spa Mint w/ Focus Potion

LP Original

I forgot I had these in my fridge! Just ran to burner, have solid spa mint from last session..still smells minty upclose..will see if it has any throw left after it melts. 3mos later...Perfect weekend to use melts...fireman hubby is away :lol:

Wait how did he do with these? I'm so curious to know, or is the fact you waited until he's gone to burn it answer enough :)

Up to my elbows in COFFEE this weekend!

Made some Coffee Perfumer's Soap (for removing perfume from the skin) and just poured a big batch of the "ZIPPITY DOO DAH" wax melts, amped with Alpha-Androstenol. :lol:

They are cooling now. Can't wait to try one in my burner tonight. New kind of wax from last time - harder, supposed to be more throw. I'll let you know how it compares to the softer wax we used last time.

:):) HOLY SHEEPSH*T!!! I just found this thread!!! THIS IS LIKE YULE IN JUNE!!!!!!!! :For-Adrienne:

How'd they turn out, Mara? Huh? Are they groovy? Are we going to get to buy some soon? Huh? SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

In celebration, I am going *right* out to the kitchen and lighting up the oil warmer with an LP Black meltie!!!

This is a BIG project. So far I am just making one type per day.

Packaged and ready to go so far:

Zippity Doo Dah w/ Alpha-Nol

Spa Mint w/ Tranquility Potion

I burned a Zippity last night in my bedroom and it was phenomenal. My tealight lasted for a little over 3 hours and I could still smell the fragrance in my room the next morning. The harder wax is easier to just POP out of the burner when it's cool. I like that part. (The wax still has some perfume in it after use, but I only use them once - John says he used his 3-4 times last time, but I likes'em strong.)

Tonight will try Spa Mint and report back!

So, I've changed a few things - I am going to offer them individually, in singly wrapped little container cups. Easier for everyone to just mix and match that way. Will show and tell more in the coming days....you'll see....

Would appreciate hearing what people would like with which pheros, and what people would like to have available with NO pheros.

I'm more inclined to concentrate my efforts on the phero enhanced ones, because no one else is making them - whereas, you can buy scented wax melts all over the place. But I find that personally, I like to burn one each evening just for myself, and I seem to be saving the phero enhanced ones for when company is over, but still want to have the scent just for me when I'm alone.

What about you guys?

I'll be interested to try TEDDYBB, Heart to heart.

Really enjoyed the SPA MINT+ TRANQUILITY :) They were amazing though I would love to order some without pheros because i really enjoyed the scent :):):) So comforting and cooling :):):)

Mara, would Heart to Heart work in a melt since it would be diffused in the air?

I would say so!

I think they work very potently when diffused with this much heat! (Just remember, pheros are never supposed to touch flame - they create a toxic gas.)

You might want to heat the melt for 15-30 minutes, then put it out once it has diffused throughout a room so you don't overdo it....depending on the phero blend.

Would appreciate hearing what people would like with which pheros, and what people would like to have available with NO pheros.

I'm more inclined to concentrate my efforts on the phero enhanced ones, because no one else is making them - whereas, you can buy scented wax melts all over the place. But I find that personally, I like to burn one each evening just for myself, and I seem to be saving the phero enhanced ones for when company is over, but still want to have the scent just for me when I'm alone.

As far as scent, my lovely, are you going with the same blends (and your home fragrance line) you used in the last round? With some blends, though, I'm just as likely to use phero'd ones for me (Teddy BB, Tranquility, a-nol). But potentially I like the choice of going either way. I've been a loyal user of Tod's (Alternative Breeding) tarts for years but I have to say that yours are much more potent over time (in that I can still smell it hours later).

I agree with luna. Having used both I would say Mara's have the best throw and most staying power of any tart I've tried.

(starts saving pennies for a tart binge)

Awww, thank you, ladies! :) I'm sooo glad you like! I really enjoy them myself.

I think I found the point of how much scent is TOO MUCH last night. I tried 4x the standard of scent to wax, and one tart could've flooded a school gymnasium with scent. Going to dial that back a touch...whew!

As far as which scents, Luna...some of my established recipes yes, and some new ones...I tend to craft on the fly as you know. Rose Cookies was a spontaneous creation last time. Not sure I even wrote that down, but I've started a separate recipe book for the candle scents - and combing my other recipe books for the wax recipes inserted here and there. I bought a couple of dozen new oils when I picked up the wax last week, so I have a few more options. One that I got is called "egg nog", so will see if I can blend something along the lines of Garland & Lace with it.

Can we PLZ PLZ PLZ have something *like* Rose Cookies? I told you, now I'm all obsessed about that one! :)

I bought a couple of dozen new oils when I picked up the wax last week, so I have a few more options. One that I got is called "egg nog", so will see if I can blend something along the lines of Garland & Lace with it.

I fainted and hit the floor.

I fainted and hit the floor.

*Fans Tyvey back to life* :001_302:

I was never one for scented candles or air scents...your wax melts were the first,and only,ones I have tried :(

LOL,of course if someone would have told me 18 months ago that I would be wearing perfume every single solitary day,I would have considered them delusional :w00t:

:001_302: I can't do Velvet Moss in wax - I do not have any violet candle oils, sorry.

BUT! I COULD make you guys Velvet Moss SIMMER OIL with pheros added! Drop me an email if you would like me to make something like that for you....tis easy! :w00t:

Email: CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

Wait how did he do with these? I'm so curious to know, or is the fact you waited until he's gone to burn it answer enough :001_302:

You are correct grasshopper...he was not home is the answer :w00t: