WAX MELTS!!!!

:666::lol::bow: ACK!!! Garland & Lace-like melts!!! :w00t: EEEEEE-YESSSS!!!! :w00t: Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease?!?!????

And Summer Love Sensation with a-nol, UN for Men with Teddy BB, Nox with *something* (I got the unpheroed before). Can the Treasured Hearts and a-nol mix that's in Rainbow Falls be used in a wax tart? Can you *make* Rainbow Falls in a tart...? And I so love the LP Black melts; having those with a phero would be great!

I know so little about the pheros. :huh: Would any and all of them work for diffusing, or does it only work with certain ones?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would any and all of them work for diffusing, or does it only work with certain ones?

They would all work (providing that they are properly prepared in the right base like I do them...you can't just put alcohol dissolved pheros into wax) but it's just a matter of what is logical to put into a wax melt.

In my opinion, you have to consider they have a very wide throw and are going to effect everyone in the room. It's not like putting them on yourself and only effecting the people in close proximity to you for your own benefit. So...what kind of aura do you want to share with an entire room?

Alpha Androstenol - as a mood elevator, good time party atmosphere - that's a logical choice.

Tranquility Potion and B2/Teddy BB - also logical choices for spreading a relaxing vibe.

Perfect Match or Treasured Hearts or Heart & Soul - all good for spreading that loving feeling throughout the room.

True Confessions, Open Windows, Empathy Potion - good for social engineering.

Focus Potion - good for a classroom or for studying.

Popularity Potion or Charisma? Cougar? Not so logical. Where is the energy supposed to be directed in that case? Who's aura is that meant to accentuate when the entire room is being bombed with it?

I mentioned last time that the Sugared Honeycomb amped with Lace melts were likely to incite an orgy if you burned one at a party. I think the intimate sexual ones would work in the bedroom for playtime quite nicely, but sheesh, not burned for a party.

I'm planning on focusing on the ones with the widest social applications first, and certainly a few for playtime. But some of them just seem to be inconsistent with the logical intent. But I am open to all suggestions!!! :)

I'll be contrary and vote for "without" (but I'm sure I'll get outvoted, lol).

Tomorrow I get to see how well Tranq works on Q (via Sugared Resins). I have this vision of him mock-grumbling his usual "It smells like a bloody headshop in here!" to which I say, "Just pretend it's 1972 again." :)

I'll be contrary and vote for "without" (but I'm sure I'll get outvoted, lol).

Tomorrow I get to see how well Tranq works on Q (via Sugared Resins). I have this vision of him mock-grumbling his usual "It smells like a bloody headshop in here!" to which I say, "Just pretend it's 1972 again." :)

Lol! I'd go without, but I probably wouldn't be buying G&L until fall anyway.

You probably shouldn't count my nebulous vote. I'm such a phero newb :) compared to the rest of y'all, and y'all know waaaay better how these things react! I just wubs G&L :love:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Well, Lace is Est and Alpha Nol...right? It's girly and happy. When I mixed it with the Honeycomb last time (which really does mimic copulins) it turned it into a total sex bomb. So without the copulins, or copulin effect, it should just be girly and happy and delicious smelling.

Luna - so cool you get the boy this weekend. ENVY!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!

Can't remember if I used the Tranq w/ Resins on my boy, I think I hoarded that one all for myself. But I did bomb him with the Honeycomb/Lace. heheheh :)

Ok, I made the Garland candle oil - as close as I can get to it. Prettttty darn close. :)

So, do we want these melts WITH Lace pheros or WITHOUT?

Most definitely WITH!!! After all, how can it truly be Garland and Lace without the Lace?

Probably something with a familiar comfortable feel - like maybe Remind Me Again w/ Treasured Hearts or some phero with a warm, bonding vibe.

Or, something like something yummy is baking or has recently been baked - I remember reading that someplace when I was trying to sell a house. Not a sexy eat-me bakery scent, but more of a comfy homey scent. Apple, cinnamon, vanilla, that sort of thing.

I was thinking, what about a motivating wax melt, with a stimulating scent and phero to match, to help with procrastination of cleaning the house, doing paperwork, etc? That's something I would definitely be into!

And I understand Tyvey's rationale as well about the G&L, so now I'm on the fence about it, lol. You happen to be burning some G&L phero-ed, and someone stops by, maybe a guy who likes you but you don't quite return the feeling (this happens to me from time to time). You want to be able to control when and who gets to smell the lusty stuff. I suppose if you had a significant other (which I don't at the moment) it would be perfect. Or, for someone you did like. So if I knew someone was stopping by who I did kind of like, I would love to have phero-ed G&L wax tarts to help things along!

So really, it could go either way.

I was thinking, what about a motivating wax melt, with a stimulating scent and phero to match, to help with procrastination of cleaning the house, doing paperwork, etc? That's something I would definitely be into!

I need something like that too!

What kind of phero and scent do you think would be best for selling a house?

It's a classic realtor's "trick" to bake and offer fresh cookies during open house events, because you want the house to come off smelling like a HOME.

Phero-wise, I would go for Treasured Hearts, Heart & Soul, or Perfect Match.

I would definitely have cookies or brownies baking in the oven, but if you can't do that, Love Potion Original was designed to extend this kind of appeal, or just try anything with sweet warm kitchen smells.

Are you selling your house? Good luck! :001_302:

We offered this last time with my "Spa Mint" scent.

This time, I decided to go with Tranquility Potion with Spa Mint only, but I'll think of something else to add Focus Potion to.

Mara, will you be remaking any of the previous wax melts offered ? I'm down to 2 Sug'd Resins/Tranq potion :)

I don't have that much Tranquility Potion on hand at the moment, so am going to have to stick to a select few to add that to. I have plenty of B2 tho, and that is very soothing as well, so will prob use that one a fair bit.

I'm def making more Sug Resins, that was one of my faves as well.

As far as Summery - any reports from those who tried Summer Love Sensation the last time? Like, dislike, change it in some way?

.......As far as Summery - any reports from those who tried Summer Love Sensation the last time? Like, dislike, change it in some way?

:) I LOOOOVE the Summer Love Sensation! It makes the entire family goofy and happy when I melt one. I wouldn't change a thing. And if you decide to put the--what is is, Alpha Androstenol?--in another scent, too, I'm THERE.

And, The B2 makes a great vibe in the house, too. Another :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

but I'll think of something else to add Focus Potion to.

YAIS PLZ!

Tranq made Q fall asleep (well the beer probably helped, lol) but it was okay, he looked so adorable all a-snooze. :)

How I wish that I could use the phero wax melts. I am afraid to do them with little ones in the house, like they ALWAYS are. So jealous of you guys. I just know a phero'd room would be amazing

I don't have that much Tranquility Potion on hand at the moment, so am going to have to stick to a select few to add that to. I have plenty of B2 tho, and that is very soothing as well, so will prob use that one a fair bit.

I'm def making more Sug Resins, that was one of my faves as well.

mmm....that's VERY do-able !! :)

eta: count me in ! I'll take 2 (two) sets !! woo hoo !

Edited by liz

Mara, G+L sounds amazing! Can I ask if your eggnog candle oil is like version one(my beloved)? That eggy eggnog yumminess that has never been able to be replicated? I would just die if you say the melts will be more like V1 than the others. Let the hoarding commence!

Halo,

The source for candle oils vs perfume oils is completely different, so all I could do is use the same recipe with the differently sourced oils and adjust it as close as I could get.

It's primarily a mixture of Eggnog, Gingerbread & Pumpkin....plus a few other sweet and spicy ingredients.

I made two versions! Garland with the Lace phero blend added, and just the Garland fragrance on its own.

Also made today: Rose Cookies! Yummy!

Liz,

Not doing sets this time, selling them as individually wrapped melts. Easier for everyone to mix and match that way!

:lol: :banana055: :banana132: OMG I can't wait!!! :banana132: :banana055: :)

I'm going to throw another of my hoarded melts into the warmer in celebration. Heeee! Are these going to be in the cart, or will we be ordering them here on the forum?

I am definitely putting them in the cart this time. But it's going to take me probably a week to get them all brewed, melted, labeled and then programmed.

I have a few different resiny varieties, those are my personal faves, but nothing is EXACTLY like the perfumes because the oils are from different sources, with different bases - a different grade (Manufacturer's Grade rather than Cosmetic Grade). I can do similar things but my ingredient choices are fewer than with perfume oils, so nothing is going to be exactly exact as the perfumes. But they are friggin AWESOME anyway...i can assure you of that!

I burned Garland and Lace in my bedroom last night... it was heavenly, and the air in my room is still filled with the aroma.

Tonight I am burning Rose Cookies.

I am checking each one before I release them to make sure they are all wondrously wondrous.

:lol:

...Trying to wrap my brain around how many varieties there'll be. :D It sounds like beaucoup de preciousssssss. :lol: And since my ManThing can't handle incense because of asthma...these melts are WAAAY appreciated around this mountain!!!